Mektashari

Will Megas be going to Colonies server? Very likely it seems

As per post on Reddit, it does look like a lot of Megas will be going to the Colonies server and not the server that's intended for them, Empires server.

Question:  What do you think Empire server will become?

- I think it might become a refuge for the small/medium companies if the zerg/steamrolls hit Colonies server, quite ironic due to the fact that it is designed(?) for Megas.

Edited by Mektashari

Empires isn't "designed for megas". No big company wants the old claim flag system and big companies ALSO want some offline raiding protection because having none isn't fun for them either.

Empires is created for some fictional "hardcore" group that doesn't really exist or just in a very tiny number.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LinkesAuge said:

Empires isn't "designed for megas". No big company wants the old claim flag system and big companies ALSO want some offline raiding protection because having none isn't fun for them either.

Empires is created for some fictional "hardcore" group that doesn't really exist or just in a very tiny number.

Well this „fictional“ hardcore PVP fan group exists and i am one of them. But i think the OP is right, megas will settle on Colonies while small teams take Empire. Fully ok for me.

1 minute ago, Talono said:

Well this „fictional“ hardcore PVP fan group exists and i am one of them. But i think the OP is right, megas will settle on Colonies while small teams take Empire. Fully ok for me.

Most small groups also want the new claim flag system and ORP.

I wouldn't care if they just decided to make that "hardcore" PvP server if that's where all the toxic people of this game want to go (might make it even more enjoyable for the rest) but it certainly is not a question of big or small, it's about having proper systems implemented in the game and Empire doesn't have it.

• Like 1

Also, I think something that everyone forgets is the fact mega tribes came around due to the fact a lot of small groups wanted protection. In the new system I think it is very likely that a lot of those groups that joined up with a mega may just go on there own again. Another thing from being in a mega I think that people do not really get is how small the active player base is in megas. Like the cap of 50 is higher than the number of active people in most NA megas, given there are more people in the group but they do not have them all active.  So who really knows what will happen because in my opinion the mega groups are a product of a problem and if they can fix this problem these groups will go away or change making it more fun.

Some groups became flag hos and placed them in the ocean to gain ground on the leader board, never where they listed as a mega tribe before now... So they may only have 100 or so players but they where listed here as mega tribes.

IF the devs took away the ocean claims, the leader boards would change big time. However it is too late for that, since it went out the door weeks ago.

Guess i forgot they did take the claims ago just before i think i left official... hacker groups got to me... lol Ive been on un official enjoying my time...

Edited by Sneakydude

4 hours ago, J.Nick said:

Also, I think something that everyone forgets is the fact mega tribes came around due to the fact a lot of small groups wanted protection. In the new system I think it is very likely that a lot of those groups that joined up with a mega may just go on there own again. Another thing from being in a mega I think that people do not really get is how small the active player base is in megas. Like the cap of 50 is higher than the number of active people in most NA megas, given there are more people in the group but they do not have them all active.  So who really knows what will happen because in my opinion the mega groups are a product of a problem and if they can fix this problem these groups will go away or change making it more fun.

This!

Iam in one of the last megas right now and we will split again and go on colonies.

Iam happ to have only 50 players that are active and i know/trust them. We started with 15 players and fighted hard for our land and Ships - thats why smaller groups of friendly players join's us and this leads in the end to this mega company. I can only speak for me but i hate this claim system and i want my "small" group back. With this claim system on Empire Servers i will always chose colonies. 

The best wa for me in this new system would be: Have a good island with my company and some small friendly companies on this island or around us toplay and fight together. And we was never afraid to fight megas even before we was in the Top 5 (what my group never wanted - better fly under the radar). No idea everyone says that megas will never fight megas...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Savra said:

This!

Iam in one of the last megas right now and we will split again and go on colonies.

Iam happ to have only 50 players that are active and i know/trust them. We started with 15 players and fighted hard for our land and Ships - thats why smaller groups of friendly players join's us and this leads in the end to this mega company. I can only speak for me but i hate this claim system and i want my "small" group back. With this claim system on Empire Servers i will always chose colonies. 

The best wa for me in this new system would be: Have a good island with my company and some small friendly companies on this island or around us toplay and fight together. And we was never afraid to fight megas even before we was in the Top 5 (what my group never wanted - better fly under the radar). No idea everyone says that megas will never fight megas...

And what clan are you sir?

This was bound to happen, and it was said multiple times when people were asking for hardcaps. On the other hand the cap is so low that making 14 companies work like one will be nightmare.

20 hours ago, LinkesAuge said:

You do realize a significant proportion of Atlas' player base comes from ARK. These folks don't have time for quaint little rules they want the freedom to plunder and slaughter just like did in ARK. These are players that are often incorrectly labelled as "griefers/trolls/toxic/offliners/zergs/no lifers/evil" labels we wear with a badge of pride. 

This new Empire server will be very successful since it will be attracting a large component of the player base who have the grit to keep going even after being wiped. These players won't be giving up after one battle, they have that drive to succeed that comes with being a competitive PVP player. 

I actually fear for the stability of the Colonies server because even with all those inbuilt anti PVP protections you are still going to get some of the more casual ARK players heading on there who still have quite a bloodlust and that 9 hours will be all they need to unleash their inner demons. You watch there will be a trail of tears as the new PVE players get nearly instantly wiped and immediately depart their server for home.

It's one thing to move from PVE to PVP Lite its another thing though to adopt a PVP mentality and many a PVE player will struggle immensely. I have never personally ever seen a real successful transition from a PVE player to a PVP player. Most give up after a week, those that don't tend to be mediocre players at base even years later. I'm expecting a large drop in players on Colonies after the first week or so.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, J.Nick said:

Look its real simple. If you have a mega tribe and you want to play Colonies you just use the following formula:

Mega Tribe Players ÷ Player Cap = Number of tribes needed to play.

People are naive to think that tribe caps of 50 are going to stop mega tribes dominating Colonies. Instead of one large tribe with the same name it will instead be a bunch of smaller tribes all working together like old times.

Edited by Bullet Force
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

You do realize a significant proportion of Atlas' player base comes from ARK. These folks don't have time for quaint little rules they want the freedom to plunder and slaughter just like did in ARK. These are players that are often incorrectly labelled as "griefers/trolls/toxic/offliners/zergs/no lifers/evil" labels we wear with a badge of pride. 

These players won't be giving up after one battle, they have that drive to succeed that comes with being a competitive PVP player. 

I have never personally ever seen a real successful transition from a PVE player to a PVP player. 

Ahahaha LOL. Thanks for that. 

Lol

It goes, lol,

green barets,

seal team 6, 

PvPers, true ones, as described by a dude named Bullet Force.

Then a bunch of other shit, zebras ants and what not.

Then at the bottom, PvE players, as described by a dude named....Bullet Force. 

LOL

"The best, of the best, of the best, SIR!"

BBB - neverlost!

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Ahahaha LOL. Thanks for that. 

Lol

It goes, lol,

green barets,

seal team 6, 

PvPers, true ones, as described by a dude named Bullet Force.

Then a bunch of other shit, zebras ants and what not.

Then at the bottom, PvE players, as described by a dude named....Bullet Force. 

LOL

"The best, of the best, of the best, SIR!"

BBB - neverlost!

But a PVE'er can level up to a zebra ant and then on to a true pvper if one has the conviction to do so.

So it is an mmo afterall.

Most people think the pvp servers are too brutal, when there is a lot of niceness and friendly exchanges, not always kos.

And I've seen quite a few pve'ers give it a try and absolutely become killers.

7 hours ago, Bandit_Black said:

But a PVE'er can level up to a zebra ant and then on to a true pvper if one has the conviction to do so.

So it is an mmo afterall.

Most people think the pvp servers are too brutal, when there is a lot of niceness and friendly exchanges, not always kos.

And I've seen quite a few pve'ers give it a try and absolutely become killers.

and here, we have a great example on why not to post in the forums whilst drunk. 

honestly, if you're a pvp'er . . . you don't spend time on the forums arguing how good of a pvper you are. that exercise is reserved for pve'ers who will try pvp for 2 days . . . then log back into their boring pve server and complain about structure spamming. try as you might . . . you'll never convince anyone that you belong in pvp. 

• Haha 1

On 3/21/2019 at 11:33 PM, Bandit_Black said:

And what clan are you sir?

Ninjasau Company -> Cannibals -> Rusichi -> Alpha Chicken (for the complete clan history)

I also played ARK and would love it if we could play on Colonies as we did in ARK. We were only a few, very active people, who could trust each other and were recorded. Clear boundaries were set and smaller Tribes, or even single player under our protection. If these were attacked, there was an early warning, should the attacks continue, we have set up signs in front of the opponent base that we attack in 24 hours at 20:00 and they will wiped.

I can imagine that in Colonies. I hate raiding offline - but that's a bit difficult with all the time zones.

24 minutes ago, Savra said:

Ninjasau Company -> Cannibals -> Rusichi -> Alpha Chicken (for the complete clan history)

I also played ARK and would love it if we could play on Colonies as we did in ARK. We were only a few, very active people, who could trust each other and were recorded. Clear boundaries were set and smaller Tribes, or even single player under our protection. If these were attacked, there was an early warning, should the attacks continue, we have set up signs in front of the opponent base that we attack in 24 hours at 20:00 and they will wiped.

I can imagine that in Colonies. I hate raiding offline - but that's a bit difficult with all the time zones.

I don't know what kind of ARK server you played on but it was definitely not an Official PVP server. With the megas I was in if someone attacked one of our beta tribes we would immediately go to their base and level it. The whole thing gone foundations and all. After that they would be KOS anytime we saw them. That's how you ensure smaller tribes know their place and won't even attempt to do anything stupid.

21 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

I don't know what kind of ARK server you played on but it was definitely not an Official PVP server. With the megas I was in if someone attacked one of our beta tribes we would immediately go to their base and level it. The whole thing gone foundations and all. After that they would be KOS anytime we saw them. That's how you ensure smaller tribes know their place and won't even attempt to do anything stupid.

Your such a bad ass, The mum must be so proud.

@BULLET FORCE

It was offi. After our playerbase shrunk to 5 players we went on an privat Server. Best descision ever cause we had great Admis and no Problems with cheaters.

But ARK and the tribes in ARK changed dramatic and i left the Game after the Sci Fi annoucment. Think it was some weeks/month after the Giga release and before this we never had such mega tribes on our Server like it is now. And we WAS the Alpha tribe on this Offi Server but we never played like you did. Why shpuld we? Everyone knows us and what wil happen when they piss us off or one of our friends.

And where the hell is the fun? If you go instant to their base and wipe them to the ground? We had the resources and liked PvP but their is no PvP if you fight 30 VS 1 without defense...

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 7:27 PM, BurgsideTiger said:

and here, we have a great example on why not to post in the forums whilst drunk. 

honestly, if you're a pvp'er . . . you don't spend time on the forums arguing how good of a pvper you are. that exercise is reserved for pve'ers who will try pvp for 2 days . . . then log back into their boring pve server and complain about structure spamming. try as you might . . . you'll never convince anyone that you belong in pvp. 

There is a lot more that goes into clans on pvp servers than just pure pvp'ers. Someone has got to farm and craft all of it. And furthermore, balanced players are the best, those that enjoy all aspects of the game including pvp. Take a well balanced team of players to succeed.

Sorry your butthurt buddy. You should try the pvp servers out some time. Its really not as dangerous as you think. 

Edited by Bandit_Black

I love how some people -believe- ARK is a skill-based PvP game, it really isn't. Once you understand how to effective farm, build, tame and upgrade, it becomes a dino vs dino slaughterfest and skill plays a very minor role in the victory, numbers, and quality of gear and tames so much more.

Atlas, unfortunately, was heading the same way, as tames are still the Overpowered Monsters that kill all, especially in combination with Swivelcarts. I see little or no skill needed in PvP on Atlas, as it stands today. There are little tactic and skill in swiping a sword or aiming a pistol or gun needed here, lets face it: unless we eliminate impact of tames and movable cannons on PvP and increase the actual combat mechanics impact, there is no true skill based PvP in Atlas.

I bet that 90%+ of ARK players, would not do too well in actual skill based PvP games, I doubt they even play them.

• Like 1

I only know the official Empires will be deserted, so pretty similar to single player experience.

On 3/24/2019 at 5:55 PM, MajorAvatar said:

I love how some people -believe- ARK is a skill-based PvP game, it really isn't. Once you understand how to effective farm, build, tame and upgrade, it becomes a dino vs dino slaughterfest and skill plays a very minor role in the victory, numbers, and quality of gear and tames so much more.

Atlas, unfortunately, was heading the same way, as tames are still the Overpowered Monsters that kill all, especially in combination with Swivelcarts. I see little or no skill needed in PvP on Atlas, as it stands today. There are little tactic and skill in swiping a sword or aiming a pistol or gun needed here, lets face it: unless we eliminate impact of tames and movable cannons on PvP and increase the actual combat mechanics impact, there is no true skill based PvP in Atlas.

I bet that 90%+ of ARK players, would not do too well in actual skill based PvP games, I doubt they even play them.

Clearly you have little to no actual experience playing ARK. Sure if you sit in a mega tribe your whole life picking weeds and then ride some super bred Bronto during an occasional battle, there probably isn't much skill involved. On the other hand if you choose to play the game on foot with little to no dino support and fight larger tribes and so successfully then it takes a lot of skill, a lot planning and a good understanding of the game mechanics to come out on top. 

Atlas compared to ARK atm definitely requires less skill. The combat is much slower paced and the foot combat is bad enough especially with rego that there is a lot of random luck as to what happens. Overall this game is much more simplified then ARK. There is less choice, less options and the way the character skills and stats work it more or less forces everyone to be fairly similar compared to highly specialized chars that existed in ARK.

3 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Clearly you have little to no actual experience playing ARK. Sure if you sit in a mega tribe your whole life picking weeds and then ride some super bred Bronto during an occasional battle, there probably isn't much skill involved. On the other hand if you choose to play the game on foot with little to no dino support and fight larger tribes and so successfully then it takes a lot of skill, a lot planning and a good understanding of the game mechanics to come out on top. 

Atlas compared to ARK atm definitely requires less skill. The combat is much slower paced and the foot combat is bad enough especially with rego that there is a lot of random luck as to what happens. Overall this game is much more simplified then ARK. There is less choice, less options and the way the character skills and stats work it more or less forces everyone to be fairly similar compared to highly specialized chars that existed in ARK.

Tell me how much different is shooting in ARK and shooting in Atlas and why is Atlas simplified? Atlas has melee / firearms tree which buffs your melee combat / ranged combat by far. Same with armory tree and taming tree.  What does ARK have from these? Nothing. Everyone has the same armor and same weapons.

Saying Atlas is simplified ARK is nonsense man. If you want to go on feet Atlas takes the same amount of skill as ARK. I have about 1800 hours in ARK and I really don't have a feeling its more skill based than Atlas. 

Edited by Willard

25 minutes ago, Willard said:

Tell me how much different is shooting in ARK and shooting in Atlas and why is Atlas simplified? Atlas has melee / firearms tree which buffs your melee combat / ranged combat by far. Same with armory tree and taming tree.  What does ARK have from these? Nothing. Everyone has the same armor and same weapons.

Saying Atlas is simplified ARK is nonsense man. If you want to go on feet Atlas takes the same amount of skill as ARK. I have about 1800 hours in ARK and I really don't have a feeling its more skill based than Atlas. 

Ark offers much more fast paced pvp than Atlas does ATM; for example we have sniper rifles in Ark which allow for quicker combat, while in Atlas there is a virtual hourglass while gun is reloaded.  Ark combat to me feels much more fast paced as you can literally be a speed god foot soldier and actually level up your speed and furthermore drug yourself to be even more effective.

Ark pvp is much more diverse than Atlas pvp. I will just list some things that exist in Ark and not in atlas: flyers and a throng of specialized tames, whips, traps, gunships, rocket launchers, tek...