3 hours ago, Dumb1Bunny said:

Solution found for my situation!!!

Router model ASUS RT AC68U.

Setting LAN>Switch Control > NAT acceleration=DISABLE

I hope this help someone.

I can confirm, this worked for me as well with an ASUS RT-AC5300, my server now shows up in the in-game list for me. Thanks everyone for the help, and a big thanks to @Teach for his persistent tutoring and making a quick map for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dumb1Bunny said:

Solution found for my situation!!!

Router model ASUS RT AC68U.

Setting LAN>Switch Control > NAT acceleration=DISABLE

I hope this help someone.

I spent hours trying everything else. I could see my server in the list, but was getting timeouts when trying to connect.

This also fixed it for me.  (I also have an Asus RT-AC68U)

Thanks a lot!!

Thanks a lot for your wonderful tutorial! BTW, can I use my public IP to make my server available on the WAN? I want my friend to join us, but he's in a different building.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who helped me.

With my mobile/broadband hotspot internet, port fowarding isn't possible. So it not possible for me to host a private LAN server, like I can for Ark. Unless the devs add in a single player mode or LAN methods, I cannot play.

I have no interest in renting a server.

Thanks again.

i use my public ip and can play without probs.

But noone can join my Server.

in Steam Server browser they get not response

All ports r free and tested

00.bat

start /high e:\atlas\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=00?ServerAdminPassword=123?MaxPlayers=125?ReservedPlayerSlots=25?QueryPort=57561?Port=5761?SeamlessIP=88.209.33.182 -log -server -NoBattlEye
exit

16 minutes ago, flex73 said:

i use my public ip and can play without probs.

But noone can join my Server.

in Steam Server browser they get not response

All ports r free and tested

00.bat

start /high e:\atlas\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=00?ServerAdminPassword=123?MaxPlayers=125?ReservedPlayerSlots=25?QueryPort=57561?Port=5761?SeamlessIP=88.209.33.182 -log -server -NoBattlEye
exit

What IP you using when doing the maps ? CTRL + click on each map (if more than 1)

3 minutes ago, Wartai said:

What IP you using when doing the maps ? CTRL + click on each map (if more than 1)

my public ip

2 minutes ago, flex73 said:

my public ip

And you forwarded those ports listed and 27000 ?    (I have more ports opened as I run more maps)

1 minute ago, Wartai said:

And you forwarded those ports listed and 27000 ?    (I have more ports opened as I run more maps)

yes 

57561-57594    5761-5794    27000-27008    28000-28008

all tcp and udp testet with simple port tester all open

ähm

so do i need a ? behind my public IP

on the moment 

SeamlessIP=88.209.33.182 -log -server -NoBattlEye

do i need

SeamlessIP=88.209.33.182? -log -server -NoBattlEye

no .. the ? acts like a break in the command line, you dont need it when theres a command that needs/supports the  -   in front follows

I have no problems joining the server on my local network using either the LAN IP or external IP, but sometimes I cant cross to another map (I run a 2x2 )
When I cross to another cell (map), sometimes i cant move, but can look around, then get DCed, Timed out . But usually can get back in ..
When I can cross it, if I log out, I cant get back in at all unless I close all but the main server (Freeport)

This is the router i'm currently using:

Model No. TL-WR1043ND version 1

I can't seem to find anything NAT related in the settings, but I'm certain that this is my issue.  Just wondering if anyone would know how I can change the NAT loopback settings or perhaps tell me what I need to be looking for when purchasing a new router to make sure that any router I buy has these settings.

18 hours ago, flex73 said:

so do i need a ? behind my public IP

on the moment 

SeamlessIP=88.209.33.182 -log -server -NoBattlEye

do i need

SeamlessIP=88.209.33.182? -log -server -NoBattlEye

You shouldn't need a ? unless you are passing a new value for something

So I'm in a similar boat to others who have a functioning server that people can get to, set multihome and still can't connect locally from another computer on the LAN.

This is my startup bat file

image.png.357000b40101738b29d788c064eb4e7e.png

I was able to add it to favorites using the local IP and can view info on the server

image.png.add3f6456f16641d02e334d8d482bd75.png

Connecting from there yields the following error, but it sounds like some of you are saying you shouldn't be able to connect this way anyhow

image.png.ac5b6531e921c96dfbaec09136be5abe.png

I do NOT see it on the LAN tab

image.png.7df4cb4c6810b08a8632d100ad18372a.png

And I do NOT see it in the in-game browser

I don't have NAT acceleration on my CenturyLink modem/router.

My eyes are starting to go blurry staring at suggestions and re-reading files so I'm hoping I'm just missing something simple.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

works for me

So my friend have just wait a bit longer to see it all works.

use ur public ID for all the Servers.
if u have a IPv6 noone can connect.(by the way)

Dont know where u r from guys.
I live in germany.
if u have a IPv6 noone can connect.(by the way)
I can send u a link with a Tutorial but its in German.

But many Pics in there 😉

On 12/28/2018 at 3:58 AM, luozm said:

Thanks a lot for your wonderful tutorial! BTW, can I use my public IP to make my server available on the WAN? I want my friend to join us, but he's in a different building.

2 hours ago, micah68ph said:

So I'm in a similar boat to others who have a functioning server that people can get to, set multihome and still can't connect locally from another computer on the LAN.

This is my startup bat file

image.png.357000b40101738b29d788c064eb4e7e.png

I was able to add it to favorites using the local IP and can view info on the server

image.png.add3f6456f16641d02e334d8d482bd75.png

Connecting from there yields the following error, but it sounds like some of you are saying you shouldn't be able to connect this way anyhow

image.png.ac5b6531e921c96dfbaec09136be5abe.png

I do NOT see it on the LAN tab

image.png.7df4cb4c6810b08a8632d100ad18372a.png

And I do NOT see it in the in-game browser

I don't have NAT acceleration on my CenturyLink modem/router.

My eyes are starting to go blurry staring at suggestions and re-reading files so I'm hoping I'm just missing something simple.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Create another favorite but use your WAN/Internet IP. If you cannot connect via WAN/Internet IP you need to use a NAT Loopback workaround. There is one posted earlier in the thread.

19 hours ago, Wartai said:

I have no problems joining the server on my local network using either the LAN IP or external IP, but sometimes I cant cross to another map (I run a 2x2 )
When I cross to another cell (map), sometimes i cant move, but can look around, then get DCed, Timed out . But usually can get back in ..
When I can cross it, if I log out, I cant get back in at all unless I close all but the main server (Freeport)

I believe when they patched and forced steam connections to join servers, the ability to use internal IP on bigger than 1x1 is not possible. Edit map/SeamlessIP to use WAN/Internet IP on all grids, as attempting to connect direct (crossing over) to another internal IP is bypassing steam (timeout).

I think you can force disable the steam use in the server, but not 100% sure

Edited by Teach

Has anyone been able to connect to a server on their LAN and been able to cross into another servers grid without problems ?

I can join my server just fine, but can only play on the starting server/grid

yes u must create a Server with more grids in the ServerGridEditor

i have a 2x2 grid so 4 Servers

Just now, flex73 said:

yes u must create a Server with more grids in the ServerGridEditor

i have a 2x2 grid so 4 Servers

same as what I have, running off a server on my network, when I cross over to another server, I seem to lose all movement except looking around, then I get disconnected and cant rejoin it again unless I close all but the starting server then join ..

3 minutes ago, Teach said:

@Wartai I tried to give you a suggestion above

I saw that post but didnt see the bottom bit.. my bad ..
I hope this can be fixed soon, pointless making it public yet as I wouldnt be able to admin it or enjoy the game fully

53 minutes ago, Wartai said:

I saw that post but didnt see the bottom bit.. my bad ..
I hope this can be fixed soon, pointless making it public yet as I wouldnt be able to admin it or enjoy the game fully

Just keep a good password on it 🙂 No one can bother you then!