3 minutes ago, Fervid said:

^ I have 10 hours in game according to Steam and I haven't even gotten passed the server selection screen.. I don't think I even qualify for a refund.. LOL

I spend a few hours getting the server setup. Using cpjet64 very long steam. He now has a 15 min quick version. Then like 5 mins in game checking that I couldn't access the server.

The "LAN" option in ARK wasn't a real solution either, as I was unable to transfer myself at obelisks to my other LAN cluster nodes since the obelisk server transfer menu did not have a "LAN" option lol.  Fundamentally this is a limitation with the game itself, and how it searches for/locates servers.

1 minute ago, mmb said:

Atlas server is build in more complex way than ark also giving us more options to create bigger (and more expensive) worlds. Any IT person who like to mess with stuff is more than happy but any regular person need more time to set up own server. Although port forward+DMZ part is as much Atlas as ARK thing (or any other server). There should be mor than enough tutorials how to forward ports. You may also use same ports as in ARK if you already hosted server locally.

For Ark I only run LAN. For Atlas the map tool and even using .bat files to run the server isn't that difficult.

It's just the networking stuff i really lack knowledge on. I will research more when I get home from work. Any tutorial links would be appreciated. My router is a netgear r6700

10 minutes ago, Lynx said:

For Ark I only run LAN. For Atlas the map tool and even using .bat files to run the server isn't that difficult.

It's just the networking stuff i really lack knowledge on. I will research more when I get home from work. Any tutorial links would be appreciated. My router is a netgear r6700

https://kb.netgear.com/24289/How-do-I-set-up-port-forwarding-on-my-Nighthawk-router

20 minutes ago, BigDally said:

The "LAN" option in ARK wasn't a real solution either, as I was unable to transfer myself at obelisks to my other LAN cluster nodes since the obelisk server transfer menu did not have a "LAN" option lol.  Fundamentally this is a limitation with the game itself, and how it searches for/locates servers.

I had that same issue in Ark, but I just switch on my VPN to transfer to a different cluster and then turned off the VPN when the transfer was complete.  With Atlas, I use my VPN and still can't access my own Atlas server.

FOR LAN SERVER

I run my local server on 127.0.0.1:

start X:\AtlasDed\AtlasPreppedServer\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=00?ServerAdminPassword=123?MaxPlayers=125?ReservedPlayerSlots=25?QueryPort=57561?Port=5761?SeamlessIP=127.0.0.1 -log -server -NoBattlEye
exit

I did forward ports on my external IP to my internal IP (192.*.*.*)

When looking for your "Server Name", you have to put this in the Map File. (Project > Edit in the servergrideditor)

In my case, I name my Server "Nassau" with password "changemeplz"

601b25bc61.png

When you go to Unofficial server list after server has come up, check "Show password protected servers" under unofficial. You should see your server, but no one else will.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONNECT FROM STEAM "SERVERS" LIST - YOU WILL FAIL WITH AN INVITE QUERY!

Note: Each map grid requires about 2 cores and 4GB-5GB RAM to operate

Edited by Teach

10 minutes ago, Teach said:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONNECT FROM STEAM "SERVERS" LIST - YOU WILL FAIL WITH AN INVITE QUERY!

So how do you connect?

10 minutes ago, Teach said:

I did forward ports on my external IP to my internal IP (192.*.*.*)

And what exactly does this mean?

5 minutes ago, Lynx said:

So how do you connect?

And what exactly does this mean?

You connect from in-game server list, not from external STEAM client (as some people were attempting to DIRECT connect via IP which you can't do. The game needs to see the steam network to an extent)

It means you go into your router, forward the correct ports to the computer running the server (Most routers default to 192.168.*.* IP addresses):

Forward the ports below for UDP and TCP
QUERY PORT    GAME PORT         SEAMLESS PORT         RCON
57561-57594    5761-5794           27000-27008                28000-28008

If you are only play SINGLE-PLAYER on your server, you only need to route single ports and not the range (57561, 5761, 27000, 28000)

Edited by Teach

Teach, we are not running our servers on the same computer we are playing on.  We're running them on separate dedicated computers within the LAN.  Your suggestion doesn't work/apply to us.  Thanks though.

1 minute ago, Fervid said:

Teach, we are not running our servers on the same computer we are playing on.  We're running them on separate dedicated computers within the LAN.  Your suggestion doesn't work/apply to us.  Thanks though.

Yes it does, just change the loopback IP to your internal IP. Same result.

2 minutes ago, Teach said:

Yes it does, just change the loopback IP to your internal IP. Same result.

What do you think we have been doing? lol.   Since there is no LAN support in the Altas client (and no LAN tab) we do not see our servers in the server list.  Which is why we have to connect using steam connect.

Edited by Fervid

1 minute ago, Fervid said:

What do you think we have been doing? lol.   Since there is no LAN support in the Altas client (and not LAN tab) we do not see our servers in the service list.  Which is why we have to connect using steam connect.

You -dont- need a "LAN" tab. Even in a LAN situation, the server MUST negotiate with steam for you to be able to conntect. You will see your LAN server in the standard Unofficial server list INSIDE the game.

Edited by Teach

Just now, Teach said:

You -dont- need a "LAN" tab.

Well I appreciate the fact that you spent the time to try and help, but unfortunately your guide doesn't work for those who want to have a true LAN setup.  Cheers.

I did the port forwarding on my router to single ports, since I am just testing a 1x1 grid.

I tried both my LAN IP and my external IP (placed in both the map editor to create the .jsons and the server launch .bat file)

The server appears to start in the command prompt, but I never see it in the server list in game. 

4 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Well I appreciate the fact that you spent the time to try and help, but unfortunately your guide doesn't work for those who want to have a true LAN setup.  Cheers.

You EU really need to be less dismissive...

97aef0c40b.png

WHAT IP IS MY SERVER BOUND TO IN THIS SCREENSHOT?!

MY SERVER NAME IS NASSAU WITH A PASSWORD

WHAT IS THIS IN MY SERVER LIST (FIRST SERVER)

e90dab3ca1.png

Maybe its NOT my instructions, but your inability to EXECUTE them.

Edited by Teach

It seems when I start the server it kills my internet. Still have my router page up and it shows not connected to internet.

1 minute ago, Lynx said:

It seems when I start the server it kills my internet. Still have my router page up and it shows not connected to internet.

Post your batch file please 🙂

Edited by Teach

Here's my batch file, 

start ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=5?AltSaveDirectoryName=B1?MaxPlayers=10?ReservedPlayerSlots=0?QueryPort=57557?Port=5757?SeamlessIP=192.168.1.178 -ForceAllHomeServer -log -server

While the server starts, and even shows up in the Steam Browser, it will not show up in the game browser.

Just now, LUC1F3R said:

Here's my batch file, 

start ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=5?AltSaveDirectoryName=B1?MaxPlayers=10?ReservedPlayerSlots=0?QueryPort=57557?Port=5757?SeamlessIP=192.168.1.178 -ForceAllHomeServer -log -server

While the server starts, and even shows up in the Steam Browser, it will not show up in the game browser.

Can you please link a screenshot of your router's port forwarding page and a screenshot or log of the server booting. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Teach said:

Can you please link a screenshot of your router's port forwarding page and a screenshot or log of the server booting. Thanks!

Attached below.

Ports.png

Server.png

@LUC1F3R Did you apply a server name and password into the map file? "Useless Tropical Freeport" is not what you are looking for.

Edited by Teach

The problem for me boiled down to my isp. I use a hotspot. So the current networking setup for Atlas servers will not work for me. Hopefully in the future this gets changed.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out.

Edited by Lynx