7 minutes ago, Scruck said:

I was in your same situation, until I added the multihome, run the server both on the pc and in a server rack that I have for servers, when adding the multihome, add the ports udp-tcp QueryPort GamePort Sameless and Rcon in router and firewall windows, and I started to see the server in both game and steam server. sameless ip publishes multihome ip lan, so I have it and it worked to the first.

I can find my server in the list of atlas servers. What should I do next? What is multihome? How do I build it? I only have one PC

My config:

start /high C:\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=00?ServerAdminPassword=123?MaxPlayers=125?ReservedPlayerSlots=25?QueryPort=57561?Port=5761?SeamlessIP=[PublicIP]?MultiHome=192.168.1.115 -log -server -NoBattlEye

router.PNG

servidores.PNG

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Scruck said:

My config:

start /high C:\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=00?ServerAdminPassword=123?MaxPlayers=125?ReservedPlayerSlots=25?QueryPort=57561?Port=5761?SeamlessIP=[PublicIP]?MultiHome=192.168.1.115 -log -server -NoBattlEye

router.PNG

servidores.PNG

Thank you . I set it the same as you set it up, but it's still unchanged. It doesn't work. How do you set it on your map?

I can see the server just fine,  others can connect to it and play on it. The ports are forwarded the same as you have above(I also have a ASUS router 😉 )

For some strange reason when I try to connect to it, it just times out.

Config start /high ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=00?ServerAdminPassword=4321?MaxPlayers=125?ReservedPlayerSlots=25?QueryPort=57561?Port=5761?MultiHome=192.168.1.172?SeamlessIP=PublicIP -log -server -NoBattlEye

image.png.bc29e61e6d846dfe154e26b3c815f045.png

FOR 1x1 LAN SETUPS:

Okay, so I have done my setup from scratch and I'm going to provide a step by step walk-through. I believe this is a good starting point for any new server owner looking to get up and running for the first time, or someone looking to play "Singleplayer" (Note: From my testing, the server needs to interact with Steam bi-directionally even for LAN/SP- some ISP's such as cellular hot-spots may not work!). While this guide can be applied to all server types, the examples are geared towards a 1x1 grid on a LAN. This can also be used as a debug process for advanced server owners to test things:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Downloads:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Server Setup:

• 0) Create a directory where you will put the server files (Eg. X:\AtlasSrv)
  • 0a) Open "AtlasSrv" and create "steamcmd" and "AtlasTools"

c2605287fe.png

• 0b) Extract steamcmd.zip into "steamcmd" and run "steamcmd.exe" 1 time to set it up. When the prompt shows "Steam>" with an OK message above you can close this window. "steamcmd" folder should look like this now:

e7657eff97.png

• 0c) Go back to "AtlasSrv". Copy the "LAUNCH_ATLAS_00.bat" and "ATLAS STEAMCMD.BAT" to this folder.

de48512eea.png

• 0d) Right-Click "ATLAS STEAMCMD.bat" and click Edit. Replace the contents of this file with (Change "X:\AtlasSrv" in both entries with the directory you are using):
start /wait /high X:\AtlasSrv\steamcmd\steamcmd.exe ^
+login anonymous ^
+force_install_dir X:\AtlasSrv\ ^
+app_update 1006030 validate ^
+quit
  • 0e) Save & Close. Run "ATLAS STEAMCMD.bat. You may be prompted with firewall permissions, you must "Allow Access". (This process will take some time)

1) Your Atlas server directory should look like this upon completion:

3e056d2515.png

Congrats! Your server files are now downloaded and on the latest version. You can use ATLAS STEAMCMD.bat at any time to validate and upgrade the server. Now onto the map!

Map:

1) Extract "ServerGrid1x1.rar" to the "AtlasTools" folder

2) Extract the ServerGridEditor zip to the "AtlasTools" folder. Open "ServerGridEditor.exe" within the "SeverGridEditor-master" folder twice

2a) In the first ServerGridEditor, "Open project" and navigate to the ServerGrid.json file we extracted into "Atlas Tools"

2b) In the second ServerGridEditor, "Create project". Copy the "Atlas ID" and close this copy of the program

3) In the first ServerGridEditor, Click "Project > Edit" in the top left.:

89daabf670.png

4) Paste the "Atlas ID" you have on your clipboard into the "Atlas ID" of this window.

5) Change "Friendly Name" to your Server Name

6) Click "Edit" at the bottom.

7) Ctrl+Left Click on the map:

617c9e7d44.png

7a) Set "Name" to what you want for name of your Freeport (Grid)

7b) Set "IP" to your Server internal IP (192.168.x.x)

7c) Hit "Save" at the bottom (You can make more changes later but in first-time situation, it's nominally best to use default settings).

7d) Back in Island Editor (ServerGridEditor), Click Export > Local Export. Click ok to the default location. Popup should say "Success".

7c) Click Export > Map Image. Navigate to the "AtlasTools/ServerGridEditor-master/Export/ServerGrid" folder and use the file name "MapIMG" (no quotes) and "Save".

7d) Click Export > Cell Image. You should already be in the "ServerGrid" folder. If not, navigate to it, use the file name "CellIMG" (no quotes) and "Save".

7e) Click Project > Save. Navigate to the "AtlasTools" folder, use the file name "LANMap" and "Save". (This way you can edit more later)

7f) Close Island Editor. Open  "AtlasTools/ServerGridEditor-master/Export/" folder. Cut/Copy the "ServerGrid" folder and 2 JSON files:c35f04aba3.png

7g) Navigate to "AtlasSrv/ShooterGame" and paste:

8785e5595f.png

7h) So close! Navigate back to "AtlasSrv" and Right-Click "LAUNCH_ATLAS_00.bat" and Edit. Replace the contents with (Replacing "X:\AtlasSrv" with your directory):

start /high X:\AtlasSrv\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=00?ServerAdminPassword=123?MaxPlayers=30?ReservedPlayerSlots=25?QueryPort=57561?Port=5761? -log -server -NoBattlEye
exit

7i) Save & Close. Navigate to "AtlasTools/redis-server". Run "redis-server_start.bat". Wait for the command line to say ready to accept connections.

7j) Configure port forwarding with these ports on your router. Change the IP to match the one you put on the Map file:

router.PNG

7k) The moment you've been waiting for; Navigate back to "AtlasSrv" and Run "LAUNCH_ATLAS_00.bat". When the command prompt displays how many cores it is running on, your server is up!

OPTIONALS

redis-server: redis-server.conf has options to change your database password and how much RAM (maxmemory in the conf) the database will use in bytes. I personally set the maxmemory to 1GB (1073741824) for my 1x1 testbed. I don't play often locally so I dont know the impact other than a possible crash if the DB runs out of memory (redis does require a pagefile, so I think it will start writing to the disk if it runs out of memory? not 100%) . The DB file is saved on the disk in the same folder so you can track it's size over time and adjust accordingly. I'm not sure on the specifics, but I would say it's safe to keep the max memory 2.5x higher than the database size AT MINIMUM (to account things like the database copying itself and swap space). For sake of argument me playing by myself without doing much the database was about 90MB, so 1GB RAM allocation should be plenty of breathing room for the forseen future.

If you change your password in the redis-conf (for added security), you must also update your passwords in the map file under Project > Edit (You can see the old password "foobared" in one of the images above. These should reflect your conf file).

Good luck sailors!

-Teach

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the great tutorial!

Followed it, everything starts ok, I can see lots of network connections made by shootergameserver.exe in network stats, but still can't find my server ingame  :(

And I can see my server in steam server list, but it flashes for 1 sec and disappears from active.

Checked my ports using online port checker and they are in open state.

Any ideas?

6 minutes ago, Emeraldo said:

Thanks for the great tutorial!

Followed it, everything starts ok, I can see lots of network connections made by shootergameserver.exe in network stats, but still can't find my server ingame  :(

And I can see my server in steam server list, but it flashes for 1 sec and disappears from active.

Checked my ports using online port checker and they are in open state.

Any ideas?

You can try to add MultiHome as recommended by @Scruck to the launch bat:

Also, try adding your external (WAN/Internet) IP:Port into the Steam Server Browser as a favorite

Edited by Teach

Tried that

image.png.dcc710c01daae4e552dda74b0f08305b.png

I can see my server here, but it disappears in a sec from this list:

image.png.f57e2d3ed322bcbc72fded4ca426c655.png

Still nothing ingame.

PS Getting this using steam server browser:

image.png.09457156670508e0df6d86913a08c440.png

14 minutes ago, Emeraldo said:

Tried that

image.png.dcc710c01daae4e552dda74b0f08305b.png

I can see my server here, but it disappears in a sec from this list:

image.png.f57e2d3ed322bcbc72fded4ca426c655.png

Still nothing ingame.

PS Getting this using steam server browser:

image.png.09457156670508e0df6d86913a08c440.png

Forgive me for reiterating, but did you try to add your WAN/Internet IP:Port (http://whatismyip.com) as the favorite in steam? Or is that the LAN that disappears in a sec? I kind of got confused on if you attempted that

Edited by Teach

And I can see this in network stats, the server sends lots of packets somewhere:

image.png.d9b66384e40d1ae255df4f0ede22cd4b.png

Looks like I'll use dedicated servers instead 🙂 Thanks for your help Teach!

Edited by Emeraldo

Thank you for your detailed tutorial. According to the tutorial, private servers can run normally and be seen in the list of atlas servers, but I still can't play games on the server, prompting timeouts.

@Teach 7b) Set "IP" to your Server internal IP (192.168.x.x) ->  I set mi Public IP

I think they have ports or lan problems, it can not be that I am working and others do not, then they are tests removing the multihome and putting only the seamless with ip lan have if we discard things

4 minutes ago, Scruck said:

@Teach 7b) Set "IP" to your Server internal IP (192.168.x.x) ->  I set mi Public IP

I think they have ports or lan problems, it can not be that I am working and others do not, then they are tests removing the multihome and putting only the seamless with ip lan have if we discard things

I agree most are just having port/networking issues outside our instructions, but I can confirm setting "IP" as internal is OK for private use. I would change to Public IP same as you if I was to host public, but private IP is working for me. Also 1x1 grid map does not need to declare SeamlessIP as there are no seams to cross, only bang into 😛

Edited by Teach

@Teach I also tried to put a 2x2 grid to test resources of my server and it also worked for me, I do not know @Teach is weird everything then I'll try things aver if we make clear all this topic

• Haha 1

I am relatively sure it's impossible for me to host a private LAN server, since I use a mobile hotspot for internet.

• Sad 1

Solution found for my situation!!!

Router model ASUS RT AC68U.

Setting LAN>Switch Control > NAT acceleration=DISABLE

I hope this help someone.

• Like 2

nice tutorial i have now got a server that works online just the one problem there is no map anyone know how to fix this

?

6 minutes ago, rj. said:

nice tutorial i have now got a server that works online just the one problem there is no map anyone know how to fix this

?

Did you expect the map image from the map tool?

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:46 PM, Lynx said:

I have a separate server box. I just want to play single player, so I don't need many grids. My server box can easily run a 2x2. But I am thinking more of a 1x3 with the 3rd grid as a rotation map. I think map making looks really fun.

I have watched cpjet64 trying to fast forward through to pick out the steps.

I have the server through SteamCMD.

I have the map editor through github.

I downloaded cpjet64 1x1 map, and bat files.

Use the map editor to update the 1x1 to a new unique ID, server name, and my LAN IP.

Exported all the map files to the server.

Update the bat files with my info.

Started the redis server. Then the Atlas server. They boot up fine.

But I cannot connect from my other computer. I don't see it in my server in the in-game browser. I don't see it in steam servers by IP to favorites or LAN.

For Ark, i use ASM so I have never manually set this stuff up before. I only run LAN. I checked it's the same LAN IP I use to run Ark.

I need confirmation if LAN is even possible. IF it is not, then I should just refund cause I won't be able to play. 

Hey,  playing on the same network(lan) as the server Works, BUT you need a router  that can forward all the ports.  Setting the DMZ did not work for me.  Now With my New Netgear Nighthawk RX 500 i can play on my own server standing NeXT to me. It did not work With the router that comes With my ISP, i had to set the modem in Bridge mode and use my New router.

6 minutes ago, Erictheslayer said:

Hey,  playing on the same network(lan) as the server Works, BUT you need a router  that can forward all the ports.  Setting the DMZ did not work for me.  Now With my New Netgear Nighthawk RX 500 i can play on my own server standing NeXT to me. It did not work With the router that comes With my ISP, i had to set the modem in Bridge mode and use my New router.

Sorry not very understanding of networking. Are you saying use 2 routers? Or a special mode on just 1 router?

1 hour ago, Lynx said:

Sorry not very understanding of networking. Are you saying use 2 routers? Or a special mode on just 1 router?

My fibre modem, is also a router. But since it only allows me to add 1 port not a port range to port forwarding and a total of around 30 port forwarding slots it wasnt enough for me. So i had to set the server to DMZ, fully exposed to the internet(i tought).  This did not work, so i set the modem/router to bridge mode, and got a second router Netgear RX500, then added the port forwarding using the new router. Then it worked.