On 12/25/2018 at 9:45 PM, Lynx said:

Never had to use .bat files with Ark.

I tried following cpjat64 twitch instructions, but they haven't been condensed to a easy to follow guide yet. Downloaded his 1x1 map.

Can my LAN IP work?

To connect in lan and list in steam servers, I added MultiHome=192.168.1.115(IP lan Machine server) in launch commands and now it is listed in steam and I can connect with machines inside network.

start /high C:\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=00?ServerAdminPassword=123?MaxPlayers=125?ReservedPlayerSlots=25?QueryPort=57561?Port=5761?SeamlessIP=xx.xx.xx.xx?MultiHome=192.168.1.115 -log -server -NoBattlEye

Edited by Scruck

4 minutes ago, Scruck said:

To connect in lan and list in steam servers, I added MultiHome=192.168.1.115(IP lan Machine server) in launch commands and now it is listed in steam and I can connect with machines inside network.

start /high C:\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=00?ServerAdminPassword=123?MaxPlayers=125?ReservedPlayerSlots=25?QueryPort=57561?Port=5761?SeamlessIP=xx.xx.xx.xx?MultiHome=192.168.1.115 -log -server -NoBattlEye

Can the MultiHome be identical to SeamlessIP?

34 minutes ago, LUC1F3R said:

Adding the actual project .json

ServerGrid.zip

That map is obscenely gigantic... a 15x15

Start with a basic 1x1, which I have provided below. This set's your server name to "LUC1F3R's World" with a password of "changeme":

1x1.zip

I have also attached the project file for the 1x1:

ServerGrid.json

Edited by Teach

4 minutes ago, Lynx said:

¿Puede el MultiHome ser idéntico a SeamlessIP?

I do not know, but I did not see my server on lan and adding multihome I see it on steam and the server is seen by my machine.

9 minutes ago, LUC1F3R said:

@TeachThanks! Will give a shot shortly and let you know.

MultiHoming may work for some network setups as @Scruck as instructed above, but it -shouldn't- be necessary in a typical network environment (especially when you aren't chaining servers).  I would give that a shot in your batch file as well with the new 1x1 map to see if she fires up for you though.

You also want to start with the 00.bat and not "All" (make sure redis-server is running first!)

Edited by Teach

The multihome is similar to Ark, yea? I can't remember for sure, but I think it's -multihome:<publicIP>?

31 minutes ago, Scruck said:

@LUC1F3R

Well it looks like it still isn't working. At this point I'm pretty exhausted for ideas. Thanks for the help though, and the awesome looking map!

4 hours ago, Teach said:

Maybe its NOT my instructions, but your inability to EXECUTE them.

Fair enough, I deserved that.  I apologize.  I'm just exhausted from troubleshooting this and took that aggression unfairly out on you.

I have followed your directions though and I still don't ever get to see my server in the unofficial browser list.  I had this same issue with Ark and my Ark server would never appear in my browser list, meanwhile everyone outside my network could see the server and join it.  So I always had to use the steam connect link to connect to Ark from within the LAN. 

Now with Atlas I figured it would be the same way.  I'm getting the exact same outcome that I did with Ark..  When I start my Atlas server, everyone else can see it except for me.  Only this time the steam connect doesn't work either.  So I'm at a loss.

Even though the "official guide" posted by Jat says, "The important bits being which grid location to use ?ServerX=1?ServerY=0 and your own external IP ?SeamlessIP=1.2.3.4 This is your public facing IP, not an internal network one.link .. I did try your method of placing the server's own internal IP instead, but It still doesn't help me.

This is what my commandline looks like:

ShooterGameServer Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=UmbraPoopDeck?SessionName="The Umbra Poop Deck PVE"?MaxPlayers=25?Port=7852?QueryPort=37102?SeamlessIP=192.168.1.200?ShowFloatingDamageText=true?ServerAdminPassword=1234 -useallavailablecores -servergamelog -log -NoTransferFromFiltering -ForceAllHomeServer -NoBattlEye

Like I was saying before... Anyone from outside my LAN can connect to the server and play on it, from all over the world.. But I can't connect to it from inside the LAN.

3 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Fair enough, I deserved that.  I apologize.  I'm just exhausted from troubleshooting this and took that aggression unfairly out on you.

I have followed your directions though and I still don't ever get to see my server in the unofficial browser list.  I had this same issue with Ark and my Ark server would never appear in my browser list, meanwhile everyone outside my network could see the server and join it.  So I always had to use the steam connect link to connect to Ark from within the LAN. 

Now with Atlas I figured it would be the same way.  I'm getting the exact same outcome that I did with Ark..  When I start my Atlas server, everyone else can see it except for me.  Only this time the steam connect doesn't work either.  So I'm at a loss.

Even though the "official guide" posted by Jat says, "The important bits being which grid location to use ?ServerX=1?ServerY=0 and your own external IP ?SeamlessIP=1.2.3.4 This is your public facing IP, not an internal network one.link .. I did try your method of placing the server's own internal IP instead, but It still doesn't help me.

This is what my commandline looks like:

ShooterGameServer Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=UmbraPoopDeck?SessionName="The Umbra Poop Deck PVE"?MaxPlayers=25?Port=7852?QueryPort=37102?SeamlessIP=192.168.1.200?ShowFloatingDamageText=true?ServerAdminPassword=1234 -useallavailablecores -servergamelog -log -NoTransferFromFiltering -ForceAllHomeServer -NoBattlEye

Like I was saying before... Anyone from outside my LAN can connect to the server and play on it, from all over the world.. But I can't connect to it from inside the LAN.

I do appreciate the apology- it shows some good character on your part, and I can acknowledge the frustrations in troubleshooting- especially when there are very little resources to act on. We're all in the same boat just trying to help one another out.

Did you attempt Scruck's addition of multihome into the commandline?

Edited by Teach

4 minutes ago, Teach said:

I do appreciate the apology- it shows some good character on your part, and I can acknowledge the frustrations in troubleshooting- especially when there are very little resources to act on. We're all in the same boat just trying to help one another out.

Did you attempt Scruck's addition of multihome into the commandline?

Yes, I did try it with no visible change.  My new command line:

ShooterGameServer Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=UmbraPoopDeck?SessionName="The Umbra Poop Deck PVE"?MaxPlayers=25?Port=7852?QueryPort=37102?SeamlessIP=[External IP]?MultiHome=192.168.1.200?ShowFloatingDamageText=true?ServerAdminPassword=1234 -useallavailablecores -servergamelog -log -NoTransferFromFiltering -ForceAllHomeServer -NoBattlEye

I also tried putting the SeamlessIP and MultiHome IP to the same 192.168.1.200 IP for shits and giggles.

I don't know if I mentioned this before in this thread, but when I do actually attempt to connect to the server using:

steam://connect/192.168.1.200:37102

It does prompt me for my server's password, so the connection is somewhat there... but after I enter in the password I immediately get the Network Failure Message, "Unable to query server info for invite".

1 minute ago, Fervid said:

Yes, I did try it with no visible change.  My new command line:

ShooterGameServer Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=UmbraPoopDeck?SessionName="The Umbra Poop Deck PVE"?MaxPlayers=25?Port=7852?QueryPort=37102?SeamlessIP=[External IP]?MultiHome=192.168.1.200?ShowFloatingDamageText=true?ServerAdminPassword=1234 -useallavailablecores -servergamelog -log -NoTransferFromFiltering -ForceAllHomeServer -NoBattlEye

I also tried putting the SeamlessIP and MultiHome IP to the same 192.168.1.200 IP for shits and giggles.

I don't know if I mentioned this before in this thread, but when I do actually attempt to connect to the server using:

steam://connect/192.168.1.200:37102

It does prompt me for my server's password, so the connection is somewhat there... but after I enter in the password I immediately get the Network Failure Message, "Unable to query server info for invite".

This was the exact same issue I was having when attempting to connect through Steams "Servers" browser.  I was not able to direct-connect to my server in any way.

The only way I was able to connect was when it was visible in Atlas's server browser in the un-official section via double-clicking and entering my password on the map screen.

As of this moment, while I CAN connect through Atlas itself, I CANNOT connect via Steam's browser or a connection string.

1 minute ago, Teach said:

This was the exact same issue I was having when attempting to connect through Steams "Servers" browser.  I was not able to direct-connect to my server in any way.

The only way I was able to connect was when it was visible in Atlas's server browser in the un-official section via double-clicking and entering my password on the map screen.

As of this moment, while I CAN connect through Atlas itself, I CANNOT connect via Steam's browser or a connection string.

Hmm.. I wonder if I can somehow edit the "rejoin atlas" saved IP information and change it to my LAN ip..  it must be saved somewhere locally.

UjkvIUK.jpg

@Fervid If you'd like- we could take this to discord/teamviewer and I could help you look over your setup. Feel free to PM me, my inbox is open 🙂

Edited by Teach

2 minutes ago, Teach said:

@Fervid If you'd like- we could take this to discord/teamviewer and I could help you look over your setup. Feel free to PM me, my inbox is open 🙂

btw, I found that file which stores the IP information from the last server you played on.. it's in ATLAS/ShooterGame/Saved and the file is named "LastServerConnectStringCache_[STEAMID]"

I don't have much time to do anymore troubleshooting tonight.  My Discord username is Fervid#1936, perhaps tomorrow we can reconnect and you are more than welcome to connect to my server and take a look.

I am having a similar issue, I have my server up and people can connect to it and play, When I try to connect to it, it times out.

I have included the Multihome function in my batch to reflect my local IP address and the seamlessIP reflects my public IP.

Seems to be that the issue is running it on the same network that your trying to connect with.

Any ideas?

Can anyone really play with their private server on the LAN or on the local computer?

Edited by qqjp

10 minutes ago, qqjp said:

Can anyone really play with their private server on the LAN or on the local computer?

Yes, my screenshots on the prior page show the server running with LAN addresses

21 minutes ago, Dumb1Bunny said:

I am having a similar issue, I have my server up and people can connect to it and play, When I try to connect to it, it times out.

I have included the Multihome function in my batch to reflect my local IP address and the seamlessIP reflects my public IP.

Seems to be that the issue is running it on the same network that your trying to connect with.

Any ideas?

Me too. I suspect that the server does not support local or LAN direct connection.

If it really can works, please help us.

7 minutes ago, Teach said:

是的,我在前一页上的屏幕截图显示了运行LAN地址的服务器

Holle.Can you use your server to enter the game? Create roles and play.

I can find my servers in the list of atlas servers, but I can't enter them, and I will be prompted for a timeout.

I run the game on my private server

I was in your same situation, until I added the multihome, run the server both on the pc and in a server rack that I have for servers, when adding the multihome, add the ports udp-tcp QueryPort GamePort Sameless and Rcon in router and firewall windows, and I started to see the server in both game and steam server. sameless ip publishes multihome ip lan, so I have it and it worked to the first.