Sign in to follow this  
Tyslin

How Hard Is It To Get It Rite

How hard is it to get it rite. I don't make games nor do I claim too. I got 1800 hours in Ark beta, lost interest, never made it to full game release. I now have about 900 hours in Atlas. So needless to say I feel like I have enough time played to voice my opinion. The developers know how to make money so they are no dummies. So who in the world is calling the shots on Atlas. It is not rocket science. I can honestly say after 900 hours this game is horrible. It has a wonderful concept but it definitely does not deliver. That's like one of the broadcasted captains log, guy mentions a card game. There is your problem, you got the wrong people making suggestions and etc. I cant speak for everyone but the last thing I care to have in Atlas is a damn card game. Then I am seeing a submarine with spears. You have really got to be kidding me. I personally think you need to worry about getting the ships straight way before you worry about some dinky a** submarine. If I was a guessing man the same fella who wanted the card game came up with the submarine idea. Then you make a special underwater area when the underwater areas that are in the game now are horrible. I spend 5/8 of my game play under water in Atlas. You have some seaweed, massive rocks, and clams. This is the entire ocean floor in Atlas. So why not address what is there before you worry about some other crap. We all know you guys jacked Ark and reskinned it. So maybe you need to jack the ocean floor from Ark as well. I wonder do the developers actually play these games. You need to fix what you got before you worry about other crap. I could write a book about the problems, glitches, and etc. which I am not. I am trying to cover the most important fact. That as a company you guys have some wonderful visions but the way you guys go about it and address it follow through and everything else is about the worst in the business. I guess you could say its like having a 12" manhood and only being able to last 10 seconds. That 12" manhood is not worth a flip. I felt this way about the company during Ark beta and know even stronger with Atlas beta. The risk versus reward on everything in Atlas is entirely off. The fountain of youth is a complete joke. The entire age system and everything. This is a idea lets have some quest with some worth while rewards. You developers need to go play WoW or other MMOs. Wait that's what the pathetic looking sub shooting spears is supposed to add. STOP guys stop,...fix what you got first. Then here is another cluster the whole claim deal. You have a huge issue,....I own land that I do not build on to save the resources,....so with no claim flags you are going to not have any resources with the way the build mechanics and spawn system works,....so we are fixing to have a game with no resources,....then you are gonna have some one get pissed or whatever and litter the place up with pillars or foundations,....then on the other hand you keep them and players have no where to build and some players don't have to play because they are hogging all the resources and collecting them without harvesting due to their bank/tax office. You guys are worried about a sub and a new crab and etc. Fix what you got first before trying to reinvent the wheel. I still got a boat in my harbor a group left to stop a treasure map spawn. I got crap on my own land I can even destroy. I still have mounts die by shooting up in the sky loading to a boat. I still have mounts getting stuck in floors. I still get stuck under the deck of the boat. You name it,...and the developers are working on a sub that shoots spears, crabs, a fancy underwater area,....and etc. Also stop telling us anything and giving dates and etc. You guys never stick to your guns and come up with some bulls**t and or excuses to when where why and what. Just stop guys,...listen to the players,...drug test the staff,...and focus on issues not dreams,...!!! Also hire someone who has a idea of when where what and why so you can actually get some since of direction in the game,...!!! I harvest resources why, I build a base why, I build a ship why, I venture for what, my rewards versus risk is for what. I remember when I used to play WoW. I always had some powerful enchanted bow that I was trying to find or get, or some armor or something. I always had something to do and a reason of when where what and why. In Atlas you have a fountain of youth in a video game. We play games to escape reality not to grow old and have to chase down some silly fountain. Then let me tell you how exciting it is to kill a ship of the dead. It is such a blast. I roll up blast them to pieces I get some gold and some matts to make something that offers very little difference from original and requires way to much crap to even mess with. Yeah that's a blast not to mention the amount of wasted resources it even takes to take the boat out. I know it is so much fun running around with a hammer repairing the boat. The whole bola thing is a pain in the a** as well. I don't know I just wonder if the developers actually play. I am done ranting,...

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

man you are like herpes.

And you wonder why nobody wants to play on the same server as you?

• Like 1

I can honestly say I skipped everything after the first half sentence when I realized it was just a bunch of words shit on the page with no formatting.  That crap gives me headaches. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Paragraphs are your friends.

i stoped reading when i saw it was an essay

TLDR: 
Dev's stop making stupid ideas like Fountain of Youth/Card games/Subs/Giant Crabs
Fix basic mechanics on PVE server.
Fix Tames disappearing around boats
Fix bugs
Dev's take less drugs. 

There's my public service done for the day. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Now that is digestible.  Also I agree with it all except the PvE part. 

Edited by DocHolliday

I guess it is hard as using the right, right when writing.

• Like 2

comeonguysgivetheguyabreakheclearlywaspassionateaboutwhathewaswritingandforgotsomepunctuationwithinthewalloftextweallhavebleedingeyesnowbesidesitmakesitfuntoread.

😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Arykos said:

"rite" didn't read further than that xD

Snap.  He can't even SPELL "right".

• Like 1

Damn,....last time I checked it was a pirate game,....I feel like I posted something to a English class forum or something,....do you guys seriously not have anything better to do then bitch about my grammar, spelling, and etc....I will honestly say at 41 I could give a rats a**,....I am more concerned with hair loss, weight gain, memory loss, and etc.,....lol,.....

I assume this is my warm and fuzzy welcome to the forum,....

Edited by Tyslin

We used to call that "throwing up all over your own shoes", where you have a huge seething mass of disconnected thoughts in your head and you just open that sucker up and let it pour out through your fingers onto the page in one long hurl.

Hunter S. Thompson used to use that kinda stream of consciousness writing, but he did it much better.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Tyslin said:

Damn,....last time I checked it was a pirate game,....I feel like I posted something to a English class forum or something,....do you guys seriously not have anything better to do then bitch about my grammar, spelling, and etc....I will honestly say at 41 I could give a rats a**,....I am more concerned with hair loss, weight gain, memory loss, and etc.,....lol,.....

looks like the memory is already gone.

just a shame to spell "right" wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyslin said:

Don't take it personally.  Punctuation and sentence structure is what allows us to understand your thoughts better. 

Also, anything that takes longer to read and digest than your average shit at work usually gets skipped after the first sentence. Welcome to 2019.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Tyslin said:

Wow,....grammar police,...never fails,...

Why bother writing it in such a sloppy format that no-one will read it?  It's a pity that at 41 you think you don't need to learn anything more.  Life is both a battle and a classroom, and if you give up on either you've already failed.

• Like 3

I am in favor of ingame card game. At least give us some fluff with some flavor we can do at tables on boat rides yeah.

Let us gamble our gold away please.

Edited by Bandit_Black
  • Like 1

One of the thing they could have done... to which to this day i still have no idea why no one want to do this.... is to make Tree never respawn but only respawn if you lay the seed down in a given area and have it grow the tree over time.  With rocks id suggest to let us have a burrower animal like a giant beetle that would collect resources at a given rate... Thus makes you farm for resource but control how finite things are.   So if you wanted to you could chop all tree down and not plant a seed and make the island barren for a few days.

Man you got 900 hours in this game and your really gonna say atlas is a horrible game? lmao the hypocrisy is beyond evident.

since you like to spend so much time doing "horrible" things, go stare at the sun. See how long you last. bet you wont get 900 hours.

• Like 2