Andargor

mod No Chat

Our group uses Discord for our communications, so the chat box, always popping up at inopportune times, is the bane of our existence. It pops up when you accidentally hit the Enter key. It pops up when in inventory and using Push-To-Talk. We detest, abhor and loathe it. And this has been going on for years, since Ark has the same issue. Still no option in the user settings to completely disable the chat box after many have asked for this.

Enough emotion! 🙂 This mod does what it says: it disables and hides the chat box. It no longer appears nor takes keyboard focus. It is considered BETA since it was tricky to implement, timings and all between client and server, so we are still testing. But we would appreciate your feedback, whether it works fine or if you have found an instance where it doesn't work (and tell us the details).

Once this is confirmed working by a bunch of people, I'll release the sources so that people can make it more customizable as it is bare bones chat box eradication for now without options (which is what we wanted).

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1687747726

nochat.png.aed5c9eeac5d68313d57655083e9c7e2.png

Possibly my biggest peeve as well,you have no idea how many times i cursed this,like avoiding STOD fire but chat window is open so i can't use keyboard.Now i see 4 tabs on the chat box but i have no idea how to use the chat box tabs.A simple HIDE option with NO popup would seem obvious.