bakki83

Today is the Wipe from the official Servers?

Hy there sorry for making evenutally a new Topic but iam really new here,

i would ask Today ist the new march Update and Server Wipe ? or Delayt or something ?

• Thanks 1

Other rumors tell us about test server on the 8th of April and live one week after.

31 minutes ago, varleyjr said:

Who saw this coming 🙂

Pretty much everyone? 🙂

They have been saying for about two weeks that the 20th would just be the test server, not the official wipe. And of course this is a big update (every grid changed and the new underwater content, etc.), so of course it will be delayed.

35 minutes ago, varleyjr said:

Who saw this coming 🙂

EVERYBODY.  😄  What, this company make a deadline?  We ALL know better than that...

Could be a smart move they really should avoid big games that just came out. Let people get bored of those first. I like the 50 player company change. Now I just need some improvements to combat.... namely a nerf to tames. I would like to see tames easier to tame but really easy to die as well.

Conan is nice indeed. But like Atlas it is a „game of life“, you have to invest everything into it, all of your leisure time, or better dont play it. So its Conan or Atlas and i see more potential in Atlas due to its epic scale as pirate MMO.

Outlaws is a little bit „cheap“ as an Ark clone. The animal animations are strange and without love, the landscape is lifeless.

If you look for something till Atlas is back i recommend Heat

45 minutes ago, photek said:

outlaws looks nice!

Ya, I'm playing outlaws until Atlas is sorted out. It is very similar to Heat (so I hear, never tried Heat). 

Of course it is just as buggy as Atlas was one week after release.

The player base of Outlaws has yet to completely turn sour on the game, at least not yet 🙂

52 minutes ago, photek said:

outlaws looks nice!

They can raid your house with a wooden hammer.

6 minutes ago, gnihar said:

Outlaws has potential but as it stands right now its not good.

33 minutes ago, Bandit_Black said:

Outlaws has potential but as it stands right now its not good.

Ya, not good for PvP, but if you like PvE, it can be fun. Will be much better in a week or so when they fix more bugs.

1 hour ago, gnihar said:

Not unlike Atlas at one point.  The Hammer could even kill a player on PvE - good times, eh!  😄

Grapeshot continues to make horrible mistakes.  They should have had the update practically ready to go before announcing the impending server wipe.   Shortly after the announcement, wipe the test server, then give 2 weeks to wipe the main servers to give players time to document or suicide their builds.

Instead, they announce the wipe and drag their heels.  Meanwhile many players drop their focus from Atlas, and pursue other games.  Momentum lost.   I'm in the same boat, looking for other things to play and losing desire to even pay attention to what Atlas is doing.

Atlas is an example of what NOT to do when releasing a game, and has been this way since the beginning.  The only thing epic about this game is its perpetuating failures.

Edited by Gorelander

1 hour ago, Gorelander said:

Grapeshot continues to make horrible mistakes.  They should have had the update practically ready to go before announcing the impending server wipe.   Shortly after the announcement, wipe the test server, then give 2 weeks to wipe the main servers to give players time to document or suicide their builds.

Instead, they announce the wipe and drag their heels.  Meanwhile many players drop their focus from Atlas, and pursue other games.  Momentum lost.   I'm in the same boat, looking for other things to play and losing desire to even pay attention to what Atlas is doing.

Atlas is an example of what NOT to do when releasing a game, and has been this way since the beginning.  The only thing epic about this game is its perpetuating failures.

mimimi.

What do you expect, if they change their plans after community needs. did you think about that someone needs to code all that shittie ideas ?