Bolognapwny

LOL for the love of god listen to me

4 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

You keep promoting Skull and Bones... you have since week 2 of this game...

No one gives a shit about Skull and Bones.

This game is an Sandbox game... its not a PVE game... the content is made from the players... they are wasting their time adding PVE content... when they should focus on PVP.  Thats why the game is fun... building your base, defend your base, and take peoples shit... thats what is fun...

Skull and Bones is a pointless casual game. You login do some "battles" for 20 min then log out. There is no long term significance to whether you won or lost. That is the beauty of games like ARK and Atlas when you raid someone's base, kill everything and rip up the foundations you are doing real damage. You know they will be hurting. Its quite satisfying.

3 hours ago, SouthSideChicago said:

Lmao. I can't get it out of my head. This @Realist kid has spent all this time on these forums, 1175+ POSTS MADE, and hasn't even created a character and got to level 2!

If you were to ask every single player who's actually PLAYED THE GAME, what they think is the single biggest problem that Atlas faces today.....toxicity within the player base would be way up towards the top of the list. It's so bad that the devs actually had to completely revamp the game, not only because of the bugs/exploits, but because of the fact that there were so many people crying about so many different things that they were pretty much forced to make improvements to appease the complainers. They even admitted it themselves. 

People are going to say, it's the devs fault because they suck.....or it's still in early access. Bullshit. Wake Up. You can look right now at almost every single thread that's been made since this forum was originated and you can see for yourself. PvE this, PvP that, Mega's are the worst. chinese are doing....blah blah blah. FFS take a look at the title of this thread. It should read "Hey devs im an attention whore so listen to me" The crying is at a whole new level. It's as toxic as it gets.

Now what do you think of @Realist? Agree or disagree with me all you want, idgaf, but the fact is when you post that much negativity in such a short period of time, and you've never played the game....you are 100% a part of the problem.

Plenty of people agree with me lol. You and GP can try your hardest but guess what? People agree regardless of what I do on Twitter. 

Know why? I have the same problems with the game that they do.

just in case you haven’t wondered why I keep going regardless of the crap people talk about me, is because when I leave my house in the morning I might save someone’s life which has happened multiple times. The crap I get on these forums pales in comparison to the amount of praise I get on a daily basis. Do you know how embarrassing it is to have people try to pay for your dinner when you are just trying to sit down and eat? It sucks. 

When I am on a strike team in some other part of the state and have no clue who these people are and we are getting a standing ovation. 

Even if you were standing right next to me and tried to tell someone the shit I talked on here they couldn’t give a shit less. Even worse if we were in a bar, you would probably get your ass kicked.

i won’t bother calling you a kid like you did with me because it doesn’t matter, but it is time for you to sit down.

1 hour ago, Bullet Force said:

Skull and Bones is a pointless casual game. You login do some "battles" for 20 min then log out. There is no long term significance to whether you won or lost. That is the beauty of games like ARK and Atlas when you raid someone's base, kill everything and rip up the foundations you are doing real damage. You know they will be hurting. Its quite satisfying.

It’s called K/D spread and yeah that matters

5 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

I really enjoy meeting the people here in the forums whether we agree or disagree, everyone is so very interesting to me. I enjoy the conversations we have and I kinda look forward to seeing what the latest reply or response was.  It may seem like I take things personally at times but honestly I really don’t and I never really troll any particular person. Bolognapwny just happens to be active here in this thread and it’s someone to debate with. 

I like your take on things daemon. Yes. The forums can be pretty entertaining. Especially the “hardcore” people 👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

You keep promoting Skull and Bones... you have since week 2 of this game...

No one gives a shit about Skull and Bones.

This game is an Sandbox game... its not a PVE game... the content is made from the players... they are wasting their time adding PVE content... when they should focus on PVP.  Thats why the game is fun... building your base, defend your base, and take peoples shit... thats what is fun...

Nah, it’s not a sandbox

Sandbox MMO meams give the players the tools to build, influence and regulate the world with minimal rules/dev influence. My problem is people trying to turn this hardcore sandbox mmo into a Rpg themepark pve experience. Seems to be the trend that devs start hardcore sandbox mmo and by the end of development they wind up with a shitty pve themepark hybrid. Unfortunately they listen to the snowflakes instead of sticking to their original gameplan of making an amazing sandbox mmo.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Castiel said:

Sandbox MMO meams give the players the tools to build, influence and regulate the world with minimal rules/dev influence. My problem is people trying to turn this hardcore sandbox mmo into a Rpg themepark pve experience. Seems to be the trend that devs start hardcore sandbox mmo and by the end of development they wind up with a shitty pve themepark hybrid. Unfortunately they listen to the snowflakes instead of sticking to their original gameplan of making an amazing sandbox mmo.

Yep its a downward spiral as they try and please the lowest common denominator. Its also a symptom of the modern Western world. Feelings and identity politics now trump merit and hard work.  There is this sense of entitlement that carries over into games like this where even the worst players believe they have a right to stand on the same pedestal as the very best because otherwise its "unfair".

Anyone that has played ARK will know that if you let PVE players dictate the mechanics of your game you will end up with a product that is both shallow and boring. For example PVE players in ARK for years campaigned to overturn the patch that nerfed the hilariously OP flyers. Before the patch flyers were the go to dinosaurs for just about everything having every advantage and no disadvantage. Fast, strong, easy/cheap to tame,  good at scouting, good at raiding bases, pretty tanky, good stamina, good damage, can pickup other dinos,  can pick players off dinos and can carry large amounts of weight. As a result you rarely ever saw players use anything but the obviously OP flyers even though the game offered a choice of over 100 dinosaurs. A comparison with Atlas would be everyone using Schooners because they have the most cannons, are the fastest, are tanky, can carry the most weight so on.

PVER's were really ticked off that patch made them have to land every few minutes for stamina making them vulnerable while on the ground. They just wanted to quickly fly around the map in a few minutes and not risk dieing. To this day there is still several hundred players that use the Classic Flyers Mod on nearly dead private servers. I guess for some folks they get into easy gear and are unable to downshift.

Edited by Bullet Force
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

There are so many strange arguments being made in this thread.  Whether it's a sandbox or an MMO doesn't matter.  Both of those can be either pvp or pve or both.  To say "It's a sandbox game, not a pve game" is like saying "This is a sandwich.  It's not a lunch."  It makes no sense.

The idea that the pvp game is being hurt by the devs adding "pve" to it is crazy.  The devs are bending over backwards trying to make the pvp players happy.  You guys get two different server modes now.  They are willing to split their code into two different modes and the upkeep that requires, all for pvp.   Are they willing to make that kind of change just for pve?  No.  NONE of what's being added to the game was anything the pve players asked for at all.  This is just devs being clueless devs.   If you don't like the changes they're making for pvp, then tell them.  That's what the pve players have been doing.  But blaming the pve players for it is silly.

That is the direction they need to go, but they have to get rid of the other servers... if people wanna play RP build an island paradise by themselves they need to play on private servers... tired of splitting the playerbase

You don't understand pve at all.  You don't understand the players, or pve games or any of it, really.  The playerbase IS split.   It's split for a lot of reasons that you don't seem to understand.  You can't glue it back together by giving the pve people some little territory on a shared server where they can "pve".    There is no choice to put everyone on one server.  There is only a choice to keep the pve players or lose them.

Do you see any pve people calling for YOUR server to go away so that the devs can make all the changes that are good for pve?  No.  Do you know why that is?  Because the pve people do not want to play on the same server as you.  They don't like that kind of game, they don't like how pvp players behave in the game, they don't like the environment, and they don't like being in a little pve ghetto while the pvp players get the whole server and all the features of the game.

What do you think happens if all the devs say "Hey, you pve people have to go play on this server you don't like with people you don't like?"  The same thing as if they told the pvp people they all had to go play on pve , that's what.  It's never going to happen.  You should quit losing your mind over it.

11 hours ago, DilBert said:

ATLAS: The ultimate survival MMO of unprecedented scale with 40,000+ simultaneous players in the same world. Join an endless adventure of piracy & sailing, exploration & combat, roleplaying & progression, settlement & civilization-building, in one of the largest game worlds ever! Explore, Build, Conque.

And what about that are you saying is just PVE.. my god I am not saying there should be no PVE in the fuckin game... I am fucking saying there shouldn't be a PVE server...

For instance take the mother fucking quote you just pulled off of steam... Now think about it... All of those descriptions, describe the PVP server... Take away, a few things and you have PVE... do you get it now?  or are you still that oblivious?

That quote is like your sandbox quote.   You could make any kind of game from that description. There's not one damn thing in that quote that can't happen on a pve server.  (Although there are a number of things in that quote that aren't on either server yet..like piracy)  Only someone looking at the world through pvp-colored glasses sees that description as only pvp.

But here's the last reason they can't combine the servers and force us all to play with you, and people like you, and play the game your way .  Look at the way you talk to people -  like everyone playing the game is just like you, and that's how people just like you talk to each other.  There are all kinds of people playing online games, from teenagers to senior citizens, boys and girls, men and women, gay people, black and brown people..all kinds of people.    In RL, many of those people would not be hanging out in places full of guys who behave like you.  Why should they do it here?  Sure, you can't get away from it entirely, but on a pve server there are far fewer d00ds, little boys, and anti-social screamers, and we can mostly ignore them.  On pvp....well just look at the pvp representative here.  

Keep screaming at everyone about their "mother fucking quotes" and "bathroom confusion" and all the rest of it..because that REALLY makes us all want to hang out with you on pvp.  Nice sales job.  Keep it up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2019 at 10:34 AM, Martyn said:

I disagree.  Having pvp within a pve environment, brings in attitudes and people who generally are not welcome within the pve environment.  It's bad enough with people coming to pve servers just to exploit the pve design for pvp purposes.  ie to Abuse people, Harrass them, Steal etc.  To actively attract it would push pve players away from play completely.

If anything, they should scrap pvp servers, as antisocial gameplay is leading to antisocial people irl. It is also a cause of extremism and segregation.  ie it creates an "us and them" environment based on threat, violence etc.

If pvp could be brought back to a level playing field, where all sides equally enjoy a competitive game, without all the negative returns, only then would pvp in my view be welcomed. As it currently stands, I couldn't even stand to be in the same room as pvpers irl, let alone on the same server.

This is the point of forums, is to put forward ideas on improvements, to discuss opinions.  Why else even have them?

On 3/21/2019 at 4:37 PM, Martyn said:

I certainly understand what you're getting at.

Ark, Atlas, Rust etc.. You have more to loose and yeh alot more effort is needed to ultimately claim you've won, but it's part of the risk of the game to build a ship in 10 hours and then loose it in 10 minutes.. I think this is in essence competitive pvp. 

So long as people try to stay away from ganking and easy kills ie waiting next to the spawn or killing naked noobs on the beach. And even when I say ganking, I only mean if you don't need to, a group of pvp server players running to a quest location stumble on a solo player mining away.. that's ganking imo.  Like a pack of hounds finding a rabbit. 

I suppose we could call Ark, Atlas etc a sort of Risk Pvp game, because you risk alot more. You need to plan better, organise more and so on. And just call standard pvp competitive.  Turn up, shoot stuff, go home.  Tell people how many kills you go in a ratio to how many times you died. 

I guess we all have our opinions on what pvp actually is.  To some it's the action of doing it, for others it's doing it anyway you can, as only winning matters etc. For others it's a challenge, taking on bigger groups solo etc. Yet others prefer the more griefer side, stealing, sneaking, pillaging, esp in pve servers.. training dinos on people, stealing their stuff with exploits, break their stuff, using aimbots etc.  All the things battleye is supposed to stop.

I also think maybe, the idea of Atlas as a pvp game, has changed the role of pvp in a game, due to it's nature, you can't really randomly pvp in it, you have to build a ship, stock it, go somewhere, unload, find your enemy.. or maybe find them at sea.. and try to catchup.   Standard pvp is usually ground based, you just run to whereever they are and fight. Or you mind your own business and if they turn up, then you fight.  The more aggressive griefer types tend to only occupy pve servers.  You could share an island.. doubt it would take long for one side to beat the other off of it tho. Unless they start adding islands of the size there are in ark.. or even removing big chunks of the mountains on the current ones to create more space.

“Training” dinos on people... lol. You are such a perfect post millenial snowflake. I do not hate or dislike your kind, it’s only that you are so amusing to me. A Ghandi of a sort in a non peaceful world.

While it is true that PVE players always cry hardest about anything and everything on gaming forums, it is also true that you guys keep refreshing and entertaining me. You are a good person, it can be seen and felt for sure. But realize that pvp is also a way to relax unwind and release negative energy just as well as building mansions of thatch and paint it flowers can be. Cheers 🙂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Castiel said:

6 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Yep its a downward spiral as they try and please the lowest common denominator. Its also a symptom of the modern Western world. Feelings and identity politics now trump merit and hard work.  There is this sense of entitlement that carries over into games like this where even the worst players believe they have a right to stand on the same pedestal as the very best because otherwise its "unfair".

Anyone that has played ARK will know that if you let PVE players dictate the mechanics of your game you will end up with a product that is both shallow and boring. For example PVE players in ARK for years campaigned to overturn the patch that nerfed the hilariously OP flyers. Before the patch flyers were the go to dinosaurs for just about everything having every advantage and no disadvantage. Fast, strong, easy/cheap to tame,  good at scouting, good at raiding bases, pretty tanky, good stamina, good damage, can pickup other dinos,  can pick players off dinos and can carry large amounts of weight. As a result you rarely ever saw players use anything but the obviously OP flyers even though the game offered a choice of over 100 dinosaurs. A comparison with Atlas would be everyone using Schooners because they have the most cannons, are the fastest, are tanky, can carry the most weight so on.

PVER's were really ticked off that patch made them have to land every few minutes for stamina making them vulnerable while on the ground. They just wanted to quickly fly around the map in a few minutes and not risk dieing. To this day there is still several hundred players that use the Classic Flyers Mod on nearly dead private servers. I guess for some folks they get into easy gear and are unable to downshift.

So basically it’s not a sandbox. Regardless of the reason or who complains you basically said it’s not a sandbox

5 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

There are so many strange arguments being made in this thread.  Whether it's a sandbox or an MMO doesn't matter.  Both of those can be either pvp or pve or both.  To say "It's a sandbox game, not a pve game" is like saying "This is a sandwich.  It's not a lunch."  It makes no sense.

The idea that the pvp game is being hurt by the devs adding "pve" to it is crazy.  The devs are bending over backwards trying to make the pvp players happy.  You guys get two different server modes now.  They are willing to split their code into two different modes and the upkeep that requires, all for pvp.   Are they willing to make that kind of change just for pve?  No.  NONE of what's being added to the game was anything the pve players asked for at all.  This is just devs being clueless devs.   If you don't like the changes they're making for pvp, then tell them.  That's what the pve players have been doing.  But blaming the pve players for it is silly.

You don't understand pve at all.  You don't understand the players, or pve games or any of it, really.  The playerbase IS split.   It's split for a lot of reasons that you don't seem to understand.  You can't glue it back together by giving the pve people some little territory on a shared server where they can "pve".    There is no choice to put everyone on one server.  There is only a choice to keep the pve players or lose them.

Do you see any pve people calling for YOUR server to go away so that the devs can make all the changes that are good for pve?  No.  Do you know why that is?  Because the pve people do not want to play on the same server as you.  They don't like that kind of game, they don't like how pvp players behave in the game, they don't like the environment, and they don't like being in a little pve ghetto while the pvp players get the whole server and all the features of the game.

What do you think happens if all the devs say "Hey, you pve people have to go play on this server you don't like with people you don't like?"  The same thing as if they told the pvp people they all had to go play on pve , that's what.  It's never going to happen.  You should quit losing your mind over it.

That quote is like your sandbox quote.   You could make any kind of game from that description. There's not one damn thing in that quote that can't happen on a pve server.  (Although there are a number of things in that quote that aren't on either server yet..like piracy)  Only someone looking at the world through pvp-colored glasses sees that description as only pvp.

But here's the last reason they can't combine the servers and force us all to play with you, and people like you, and play the game your way .  Look at the way you talk to people -  like everyone playing the game is just like you, and that's how people just like you talk to each other.  There are all kinds of people playing online games, from teenagers to senior citizens, boys and girls, men and women, gay people, black and brown people..all kinds of people.    In RL, many of those people would not be hanging out in places full of guys who behave like you.  Why should they do it here?  Sure, you can't get away from it entirely, but on a pve server there are far fewer d00ds, little boys, and anti-social screamers, and we can mostly ignore them.  On pvp....well just look at the pvp representative here.  

Keep screaming at everyone about their "mother fucking quotes" and "bathroom confusion" and all the rest of it..because that REALLY makes us all want to hang out with you on pvp.  Nice sales job.  Keep it up.

Kid, I don't think this is your type of game... its not a survival game... where you play PVE... they are trying to branch out... and they need direction... you don't split your playerbase if you are trying to make a Sandbox MMO... you have to have just one server and watch the playerbase make the content... THEY ALREADY STATED THAT THEY ARE TRYING TO BE LIKE EVE.  If you have never played EVE this is probably not the game for you... all I can say... if you want to play alone in your lil castle that literrally doesn't require you to play everyday... then play private.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

This is a bad thread, and I won't stay long, I just need to make something very clear here.

Eve is a bad game, and attempting to emulate it or take lessons from it would be an outright mistake. Atlas is not like Eve. It also should not be.

Thank you.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

This is a bad thread, and I won't stay long, I just need to make something very clear here.

Eve is a bad game, and attempting to emulate it or take lessons from it would be an outright mistake. Atlas is not like Eve. It also should not be.

Thank you.

youre right amy. this thread is full of little crybaby know-it-alls, some of whom never even played this game LMAO. It did make me realize one the thing tho, once the officials are up, instead of doing what i did last time...i'm going to go out of my way, and make sure that i shit on every small group i see. the best part about it, i've been told that we have acquired a group of 45 EU players that are already in our discord and 15 of them will be under my wing starting day 1. 

I thought i made a huge mistake by coming onto this forum. People even told me how toxic and non-productive it is. But it has actually opened my eyes and got me very excited again to play. It's GREAT being part of a huge company. It doesn't matter wtf the devs do as far as setting limits to company and alliance numbers, WE CAN AND WILL keep our numbers set to how we want.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/22/2019 at 10:36 PM, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

He's here troll everyone, this is what he said about Atlas players.

hdt8iuf.png

He said that whilst he is desperately waiting for it to come out on Xbox. He has no real knowledge of Atlas. He has no real knowledge of being in a mega because all that rubbish about being in one in Ark is bull. So yeah you are right, how is anyone supposed to believe a word he says when he's a two-faced hypocritical troll?

Still playing eh.. I've seen you a few times ingame. 

8 hours ago, Amy3 said:

Thank you.

Well, no spaceships... well.. not yet. 😉

I actually think they should get rid of all the pvp freestyle stuff.  Make a dedicated pve game.  Then add in Arenas for players to pvp in, where the ships are something you pick from a list, which come with a full ai staff of cannoneers.. and people can just sail around shooting each other like World of Battleships.  And the rest of us, who enjoy being part of a nice treehugging community, can play the game and enjoy it, without listening to the minority.  Most of whom, according to these forums, don't even play the game anyway.  Some don't even own the game.

Edited by Martyn

49 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Still playing eh.. I've seen you a few times ingame. 

Well, no spaceships... well.. not yet. 😉

I actually think they should get rid of all the pvp freestyle stuff.  Make a dedicated pve game.  Then add in Arenas for players to pvp in, where the ships are something you pick from a list, which come with a full ai staff of cannoneers.. and people can just sail around shooting each other like World of Battleships.  And the rest of us, who enjoy being part of a nice treehugging community, can play the game and enjoy it, without listening to the minority.  Most of whom, according to these forums, don't even play the game anyway.  Some don't even own the game.

I actually think you have a good idea there martyn 

1 hour ago, Realist said:

I actually think you have a good idea there martyn 

And the rest of us, who enjoy being part of a nice treehugging community, can play the game and enjoy it, without listening to the minority.  Most of whom, according to these forums, don't even play the game anyway.  Some don't even own the game.

that means you realist. and grats on 1200 posts. how does it feel to talk so much about a game while not even playing it once? lmao scrub

28 minutes ago, SouthSideChicago said:

And the rest of us, who enjoy being part of a nice treehugging community, can play the game and enjoy it, without listening to the minority.  Most of whom, according to these forums, don't even play the game anyway.  Some don't even own the game.

that means you realist. and grats on 1200 posts. how does it feel to talk so much about a game while not even playing it once? lmao scrub

Nah I love pvp