Bolognapwny

LOL for the love of god listen to me

2 minutes ago, SouthSideChicago said:

I'd like to hear you talk like that in discord. gotta mic? or you just keyboard warrior til 1.5?

til 1.5?  If you're asking me to hang out with you... its a no for me.  I don't think I could handle that much REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Edited by Bolognapwny

4 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

til 1.5?  If you're asking me to hang out with you... its a no for me.  I don't think I could handle that much REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

That's what i thought.

23 minutes ago, SouthSideChicago said:

Ok, that's fair. I never played ark so i can't comment.But I just want to clear this up to make sure i'm understand you correctly....you never played atlas? but since you played ark and know all about mega tribes, you're sure they are the reason for all the problems the devs are having?

Yes, let’s be very clear about that. Megas are the problem. Since you haven’t played ark let me give you some insight(no being mean or sarcastic). Ark was a game that had thousands of servers(way more that atlas). A long time ago you were not able to transfer to servers, but you could go to any server and start over. One day they made crossark(birth of the Megas). 

Once crossark happened all you had to do what go to any of the 4 obelisks or any of the 100 drops(depending on the map) and you could transfer there with your character/dinos/explosives/anything. Same thing you you people on atlas.

to be honest I am not sure why anyone thinks that atlas is different from ark. Because you can transfer seemlessly? I build a base around the red on so it literally took me 30 seconds to go to any server I wanted. In atlas it takes was at least 15 minutes to transfer? Does seem like an improvement to me in the slightest.

anyways, what happened was that any alpha tribe could make an alliance with any other alpha on a server. Once that happened it was just a tribe vs the alpha of the server, it was that small/medium tribe vs. 10 different alphas of 10 different servers. 

There is plenty more depth to it but if you don’t get it after that I don’t know what to tell you man.

1 minute ago, SouthSideChicago said:

That's what i thought.

Kid aint nobody scared... what we gonna do get in discord and yell at each other?  We gonna compare life accomplishments? Rap Battle?  Insult Battle?  I've been doing this shit for decades.

I'll be honest.

Why do PVE servers even exist? Why do they have top 10 rankings? Why would you play this game with no sea battles or territory control raids?

I laugh when I think about PVE servers...then I look at the new rules and realize we are all PVE'ers soon,

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bolognapwny said:

Kid aint nobody scared... what we gonna do get in discord and yell at each other?  We gonna compare life accomplishments? Rap Battle?  Insult Battle?  I've been doing this shit for decades.

Nah man, i just want to hear your voice crack when i confront you about things you've said. No yelling, or screaming, none of that. but if not, that's fine. pretty much what i expected. 

1 minute ago, SouthSideChicago said:

Nah man, i just want to hear your voice crack when i confront you about things you've said. No yelling, or screaming, none of that. but if not, that's fine. pretty much what i expected. 

Must be pretty upset if you're whole argument is hoping you are older than someone.... seems just what I'd expect from all the shit thats spewed from your mouth.  I assure you I am not a child 😉

Just now, Bolognapwny said:

Must be pretty upset if you're whole argument is hoping you are older than someone.... seems just what I'd expect from all the shit thats spewed from your mouth.  I assure you I am not a child 😉

Ok buddy, don't know where this whole age thing came from but whatever. The whole reason i asked about discord was because of shit just like this. you can't be direct at all. it's just blanket statements and criticisms one after the other. I just wanted to hear you explain what makes you think all megas are lazy, and are trash, and everything else. It's all good tho. Didn't mean to offend you by asking you talk instead of type. Stay in your safe space. 

Just now, SouthSideChicago said:

Ok buddy, don't know where this whole age thing came from but whatever. The whole reason i asked about discord was because of shit just like this. you can't be direct at all. it's just blanket statements and criticisms one after the other. I just wanted to hear you explain what makes you think all megas are lazy, and are trash, and everything else. It's all good tho. Didn't mean to offend you by asking you talk instead of type. Stay in your safe space. 

Then ask that and I would have no problem answering you.

Whats the point of having a huge group of players?  Its because you are safer in numbers... hardcore good pvpers will never be caught in a "MEGA".  We are in the smaller companies.  We work hard for our pixels.  Everything is easier the larger you get... thus why anyone that prefers that playstyle is fucking lazy... I want to earn what I have... not have it given.

53 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

PSA:

can all the......

BATHROOM-CONFUSED-CHEETO-EATING-WEEBS

... please exit the forums... (Winter thorne, Southsidechicago,Realist,Martyn,Mrheid, Daemoncross, etc)

I can't find the exit.  Maybe it's because I'm bathroom-confused.

This IS the bathroom, isn't it?  Smells a bit in here.

• Like 1

You don’t have nothing Bolognapwny, you don’t have it now and you never will have it. You try to talk trash but you just can’t your just not good enough. You try to get us into your level but you can’t because we are better than you. I’ve already pointed out that you already play in a pve server and your pvp is a pipe dream. 

You asked me what I do all day while I’m in the game and you wanted me to tell you without boring you to death, I’ve already pointed out countless things to do if I only had the time. I’ve pointed out everything about what you do and how it’s related to pve and the best and I mean the absolute best you can come up with to defend pvp is saying that pve players are dweebs ?

I mean come on, grow a pair and stand up for what you believe in, for the sake of measuring the size of our egos and who may be of slightly more intelligent and have more of a game knowledge, why don’t you defend pvp by letting us all know what is so special about it ? I mean let’s be serious here, I want to know what is so special about pvp that you feel like you’ve earned the right to bash on pve players.

Don’t give me this crap about how it proves your a better player, we all know what determines the outcome of any battle that takes place in this game, whoever has the most ships, faster internet or better gaming pc is more then likely going to win a battle.   It has nothing to do with reflexes or your ability to think because from what you’ been posting everyone already knows you can’t do that.

So let’s hear it, what is so special about pvp ? Don’t use bragging rights either because this game is broken, no one can play on a level playing field.  So I’m waiting for your in-depth explanation.

5 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

I can't find the exit.  Maybe it's because I'm bathroom-confused.

This IS the bathroom, isn't it?  Smells a bit in here.

Yes, this forum is a bit disappointing. Kind of failing the way the game is. Smh. I blame the white knights 👍 (not you by the way)

22 minutes ago, SouthSideChicago said:

To be honest I am not necessarily fond of you or @Bolognapwny, however I do like to see you guys argue especially since I don’t agree with either of your perspectives 

• Haha 1

Well I know I just wasted my time asking Bolognapwny what was so special about pvp because he is just a wanna-be pvp player anyway. So how about a real pvp player give me a explanation that I could actually accept being a real reason why there is so much fuss over pvp.

6 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

Well I know I just wasted my time asking Bolognapwny what was so special about pvp because he is just a wanna-be pvp player anyway. So how about a real pvp player give me a explanation that I could actually accept being a real reason why there is so much fuss over pvp.

There is nothing special about Atlas's PVP system... its mediocre at best.  The ship combat could really save the game as a whole, but they for some reason want people to build square boxes and put 30 cannons on one side... it blows my mind. 

The game is a pirate game... pirates take things from other people.... I don't understand why this needs to be explained.... if you don't want to PVP... THEN WHY ARE YOU PLAYING A PIRATE GAME?... I REALLY... REALLLLLY... don't understand... lmao.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SouthSideChicago said:

where are these islands you speak of that you've never seen another player? arctics? maybe O-15? just curious.

i dont think theres a rule saying you cant mention the names of companies that grief you or whatever...i could be wrong. i also understand if you dont want to mention names either..im fine with that. but was it a company in the top 5-10-15? again, just wondering..not saying you're lying because i know it happens...but i dont think its a major problem like i've heard.

The island in question was actually in tropics, B line I think 8 or 9 maybe.  After about 6 weeks or so, people did find it, they completely ignored me pretty much.  Killed me a few times but never destroyed me hut, built a base down the shore.  The island, had a central waterfall, with scorps around it, fish was good there, plenty coal etc, would have made a nice base. entrance/exit a rear way in, if you are careful.

As for companies, I don't follow who is who, I just stayed away from anyone who shot at me.   Eventually I moved onto pve server and stayed there for about 50hrs, before getting griefed into the ground.  It was probably worse on the eu pve server , than on the eu pvp server.  But I couldn't find any "nice" english speakers there, who'd take me on so I left.

Post Wipe/patch I'll go back to pve to start with, maybe move to pvp later on.

5 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

I could do that, actually...if it's good pvp.  The game I've been designing with a friend over the past many years is a mix of pvp and pve.  There are real reasons for the pvp in it, and real things to fight over, and real reasons for the pve people to contribute to that.  No smack talk or comparisons of private parts necessary.

But that's not this game, or 99% of any of the new games coming out right now, because they can't be arsed to provide the depth needed to make a rich game environment.

In games like this?  Pfft.  Pvp is silly and toxic and meaningless.  It's like kids running around with sticks, pointing them at each other and yelling "pew pew".

7 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

I could do that, actually...if it's good pvp.  The game I've been designing with a friend over the past many years is a mix of pvp and pve.  There are real reasons for the pvp in it, and real things to fight over, and real reasons for the pve people to contribute to that.  No smack talk or comparisons of private parts necessary.

But that's not this game, or 99% of any of the new games coming out right now, because they can't be arsed to provide the depth needed to make a rich game environment.

In games like this?  Pfft.  Pvp is silly and toxic and meaningless.  It's like kids running around with sticks, pointing them at each other and yelling "pew pew".

Reminds me a little of the start of Pirates of the Burning Sea.  Later on, when they went free to play and wrecked shipbuilding etc it kinda went downhill, esp on the player communication side.  But in the start, it was good fun, the melee fights were abit of a joke but the sea fights were fun.  Potbs if you haven't played it, was a pve map, with hotzones for pvp, around specific ports.  Anyone who entered the hotzone went pvp enabled.  You could also do that voluntarily.  Timers for switching it off as well.  I mainly played as a shipbuilder, made ton's of gold, got sunk alot. 

As for my favourite pvp game i'd still go with early planetside.  Or maybe just maybe, wow.. before the arenas.. I like the open ground freestyle sort of pvp, with magic and mashing buttons, it's alot of fun.  Not so keen on this "more realistic" stuff with firing arcs etc.  Point n click is good enough for me.

Edited by Martyn
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Cmon now, thats why these kind of games are so popular. Some of our favorite activities growing up were running around screaming pew pew. Cops n robbers. Cowboys and indians. Getting tied to a tree and beat with a wiffle bat. Ya know? The good ol days. This game is an echo of the good ol days.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

There is nothing special about Atlas's PVP system... its mediocre at best.  The ship combat could really save the game as a whole, but they for some reason want people to build square boxes and put 30 cannons on one side... it blows my mind. 

The game is a pirate game... pirates take things from other people.... I don't understand why this needs to be explained.... if you don't want to PVP... THEN WHY ARE YOU PLAYING A PIRATE GAME?... I REALLY... REALLLLLY... don't understand... lmao.

The cannons on one side should be an exploit, I hope they remove that.  Some aspects of the keeping it real I like but other stuff like putting all the cannons on one side on a galleon.. it works.. but it looks stupid. 

As for "it's a pirate game" what exactly doe that really mean? Free licence to act any way you want? Never seen a game like that.. the forums have rules, the game has politically correct rules, with regards to communications, so really, you can't actually act how you like.  You can't be free to thine self.  So what is left.. griefing people? Ganging up on them, 50 v 1.. jumping noobs.. slaughtered sleeping players? using exploits.. you could argue it's all totally legit.. you're a pirate for gods sakes.  But it could equally be called out as not playing the game as it's intended.  The pirate aspect of the game is purely cosmetic, it isn't a pirate game, it's a game with people in it who can fight each other and who look like vagabonds.. that can fly a skull n bones flag.  And pretend they're pirates.  But they can't actually be pirates.

1 minute ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

Cmon now, thats why these kind of games are so popular. Some of our favorite activities growing up were running around screaming pew pew. Cops n robbers. Cowboys and indians. Getting tied to a tree and beat with a wiffle bat. Ya know? The good ol days. This game is an echo of the good ol days.

Ok, the wiffle bat thing just cracked me up.

16 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yes, this forum is a bit disappointing. Kind of failing the way the game is. Smh. I blame the white knights 👍 (not you by the way)

To be honest I am not necessarily fond of you or @Bolognapwny, however I do like to see you guys argue especially since I don’t agree with either of your perspectives 

Realist. Look at you man. You're closing in on 1,200 posts here and you haven't even played this game once! WTF

How is anyone supposed to believe a word you say? Why are you even here? 

6 minutes ago, Martyn said:

The cannons on one side should be an exploit, I hope they remove that.  Some aspects of the keeping it real I like but other stuff like putting all the cannons on one side on a galleon.. it works.. but it looks stupid. 

As for "it's a pirate game" what exactly doe that really mean? Free licence to act any way you want? Never seen a game like that.. the forums have rules, the game has politically correct rules, with regards to communications, so really, you can't actually act how you like.  You can't be free to thine self.  So what is left.. griefing people? Ganging up on them, 50 v 1.. jumping noobs.. slaughtered sleeping players? using exploits.. you could argue it's all totally legit.. you're a pirate for gods sakes.  But it could equally be called out as not playing the game as it's intended.  The pirate aspect of the game is purely cosmetic, it isn't a pirate game, it's a game with people in it who can fight each other and who look like vagabonds.. that can fly a skull n bones flag.  And pretend they're pirates.  But they can't actually be pirates.

The debate is about PVE being a thing on here... or a whole damn server... thats the debate... EG:  Its a pirate game... pirates PVP..... so the game is a PVP game.. WHY HAVE A PVE server?  ITs not an MMO-RPG... its a Sandbox game...

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bolognapwny said:

The debate is about PVE being a thing on here... or a whole damn server... thats the debate... EG:  Its a pirate game... pirates PVP..... so the game is a PVP game.. WHY HAVE A PVE server?  ITs not an MMO-RPG... its a Sandbox game...

idk why it can't be a pvp sandbox game AND an mmorpg.

Just now, Enki Anunnaki said:

idk why it can't be a pvp sandbox game AND an mmorpg.

It can, but you have to merge your servers..... thus the point of the post.

8 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

http://blog.press.princeton.edu/2009/04/23/5-pirate-myths-and-the-facts-that-belie-them/

Myth 1: Pirates were bloodthirsty fiends who never turned down an opportunity to battle.

Fact: Pirates were loathe to engage in a fight. Pirates were businessmen; they were in it for the money. And battling targets could be expensive. Battle could injure or kill pirate crewmembers, damage the pirate ship, or damage the prospective prize. Because of this, pirates much preferred to take their victims without conflict, which they overwhelming did. To encourage merchantmen’s peaceful surrender, pirates promised to slaughter those that resisted them and “give quarter” to those that complied.

Just to add:  Pirates' targets were not often other pirates, but rich merchant ships.  There are no rich merchants ships in the game.  If there were, on the pvp server they would be other players.  On the pve server they would be NPCs.

One rich merchant ship is as good as another.

Edited by Winter Thorne
pirates' targets