Bolognapwny

LOL for the love of god listen to me

11 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Well, you can't use diplomacy when you can't even read the language of those causing the problems.   So there's limits to what you can say/write in many situations and sure, if you're quick witted you can disarm people without firing a shot, but really, who does?  I settled on an island in pve server, dude rolls up starts screaming at me over his mic, I was about a 1000yrds from his area, loads of space nearby, but he wanted it all.  Turns out, he lived about 300m up my street.  After I eventually got him to calm down.  Now we play the same games in mp etc.  Sure sometimes diplomacy can work.  But usually it's just people abusing each other, threats and so forth.  Which get's boring fast, because even if you can kill someone in a game.. you can't actually get rid of them.  They just respawn.

Typing random insults into global chat is not at all diplomacy. That is just stupidity and if you are playing on a PVP server you are in addition giving away valuable intel to the enemy.

What I was talking about before is inter-tribe relations. Even a small tribe can be surprisingly effective if they can master diplomacy. To give some brief examples in the past I have managed to turn an enemy Chinese tribe into my benefactor. I have succeeded in luring my allies into a war while avoiding getting directly involved myself. I've even once bluffed my way out of a cage by pretending to be part of a large tribe on another server.

You just have to think outside the box, understand a little bit about different cultures and engage in a bit of social engineering. If they speak another language use Google translate. 

11 minutes ago, Martyn said:

If someone spams out 400 metal pillers.. sure you can slowly, over time destroy them on a pvp server.. but whilst you're occupied doing that.. the spammer is off having fun.

Not if he doesn't have a base anymore :classic_wink:

Edited by Bullet Force

13 minutes ago, SouthSideChicago said:

Diplomacy is for players with low HP and cloth armor.

It depends really. If you are in a mega tribe you don't need to rely on it as much as you do if you are in a smaller tribe for obvious reasons.

Edited by Bullet Force

Uh not everyone has time to pvp hell i dont at 50....not everyone has the time to dump into pvp i wish i did but i dont, Your idea is full of bologna

95% of the time that im on Atlas, i'm solo or with one or 2 other guys. Either taming, doing maps, whatever. I can't understand why so many people here think "mega" companies roll around in 1 big group shitting on everyone and "they are everything that's wrong with this game"? Maybe there are companies that do shitty things all the time, i don't know, but not 1 person has said which one and what exactly did they do? 

Everyone is getting more impatient as the days keep going by...i get it....but if you're going to spend this downtime here complaining...at least be honest and give details besides spewing blanket, bullshit opinions. There are MANY people like me that will go out of their way to help solo players or small groups.

2 weeks or so before they announced the wipe, i heard some french group got raided and lost everything on O-12. I went over and spoke to 1 of them and he showed me their main base. It got wrecked but he didn't know who did it. I tossed the guy 15k, gave him the kits i had on my brig, and my discord info. The prick loved me and still messages me even tho i havent logged in for weeks.

13 hours ago, SouthSideChicago said:

This might be the dumbest shit i've ever seen on any Atlas forum ever created.

You must of gotten raided over and over and just can't seem to accept the fact that YOU are the one that sucks.

You use BLDX as an example to represent large companies? That itself shows your intelligence.

I've disagreed and had conversations on this forum about many things, with many different people. but this shit here...i can already tell that there is no hope for a civil conversation.

All i've done while PvP'ing was fight other large companies. Sometimes with just a group of 4 to be on the sneak tip, sometimes 10-12 to make a little dent overall or hit someone in particular real hard, but as far as zerging lol....i can count on 1 hand the amount of times we took everyone we could and all of us went to 1 zone to fight....and guess what? It sucked. Lagfest+1.

There will always be crybabies like this guy who have every solution to every problem and if you don't agree...well then you are just trash blah blah blah. 

Maybe next time you decide to make a post like this, stop and think before you type. Do you really understand what it is you're talking about? or are you just so angry that you feel the need to talk down to a huge part of the community? You can't just make blanket statements like this and expect anyone to take you seriously.

You made 0 argument here but spew insults, and made no sense... WTF are you trying to convey?  Use thoughts not just words please.

13 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

If that was really true  then why would they even have pve servers on official ? If they didn’t want to have pve players in the game why have it or reinstate it after the wipe ? 

Talking about whining are we, pvp’ers have cried so much they have to have two game modes. So which one are you part of, the mega’s or small companies?  I know your part of something the way your badgering pve’ers, you think you’ll win something from telling us to play on private servers ?  You go play on a private server, you don’t need a whole map, what the hell you don’t really need a full region, your team and build on one island and your competition can build on another and then you can meet in the middle and sink one anothers ships and whoever has the most ships remaining wins, you have 15 mins per battle to take place and the winner gets to advance to the next round. Pvp at its best right there.

Pve players need the whole atlas world so we can explore, examine and admire one another’s designs. We can make friends and build communities, established trade routes and take on the Kraken as a team.  Pvp players should have no interest in any of that so why would you need much of an area at all ? It’s not like your going to sail from A1 to A8 just to have a sea battle, I mean what the hell are you thinking if you do that, that’s not pvp, that’s exploration. SOTD are just in the way for you because that isn’t pvp, that’s pve 100 %, whales are pve as well so tell me again why you need the whole Atlas map and pve players only need a little. Where does pvp really exist in a open world game if you have islands, quest and the pve creatures you have to deal with, is there a fountain of youth in pvp that you all have to do to regain your buffs ? You know that’s pve right !!! 

You might as well admit it, your so called pvp can’t even exist without our pve content, if you feel otherwise then by all means join a private server and eliminate any pve elements and see how long that last ? By the way if you have to fight off anything besides another player while your gathering materials to build your bases and ships then your doing pve.

If you check PVE forums they DOUBLE the amount of PVP threads made. 

THE @#$@#$@# IDEA OF A PIRATE IS PVP... WTF ARE YOU EVEN ARGUING THIS ISNT A PVP GAME.

On 3/20/2019 at 8:59 AM, Bolognapwny said:

Scrap PVE servers - Its almost as if no one has played a Sandbox game before... Economies just like in real life produce conflict.... you can't have an economy without PVE'ers... you need PVE'ers on PVP servers for it to work... and dividing your PVE and PVP player base is the most hurtful thing you can do to your game.  Granted with this... you have to create an environment that they can be safe in.... (Think how Eve is setup)

Scrap Empires servers -  No one is going to play this game but the zerg minded people and they will have no one to fight... Its already proven that MEGAs don't attack MEGAs... they are literally comprised of the WORST pvpers, and PVEers.  Not just in skill, but it knowledge.  They "zerg" up because they are lazy... they want to do everything fast... everything a MEGA represents is what is wrong with gaming now days.  Look at BLDX one of the larger companies... so A.D.D. stricken they mass quit to go play ANOTHER BR... 

Who the FOOK is this guy?

Do you know why there are more threads in PVE then there is in pvp ? It’s not because we whine more or perhaps there are more of us... no it’s because all you pvp’ers really need to function in a game is the ability to battle another player. That’s it, you could play any game ever created for 2 or more players and say that it is pvp because you can always challenge another player in competition. 

That’s all you need for pvp is one other player, the reason there are more threads that have to deal with pve is simply because we are not simple minded who get cheap thrills of proving who is better, we are after the challenge, the end game, the exploration, the new sights, we are after what lies behind the next and the next and the next.  It can never end for us, unlike you, once you reach the top what else is there other then defending it ? Can anyone say “ King of the Hill “ grade school kid games, you might as well play capture the flag or seek and destroy for all your looking for in a game.  Pvp players can look at the same map over and over and over, it’s not the new content that interest you, it’s next person you can beat to prove something to.  This is a video game, if you want to prove something to someone then prove it to your family, prove it to your job or prove it by helping someone. Prove that your skills don’t just exist in in a virtual world where you’ll never have anything more then a title.  

• Confused 1

Atlas PVP is for people who aren't actually good at real pvp games and just like to put in 11 million hours to get such an advantage that other players can't compete. (Not to mention all the cheating) Its a game for people who like unfair advantages.  ARK is the same way.  If you want to compete in a real pvp game go play a moba or fps.  All the pvp players in here are acting like they are good or something.  If you were actually good at pvp you'd be playing a real pvp game.  This is a survival adventure game at best with some elements of PvP.  They want it to be a MMORPG but its not really that either.  MMORPG pvp is more balanced then this game.  I really only enjoy PvE not cause I can't handle the actual PVP but because I dont have 11000 hrs to defend and such.  I play real pvp games where everyone starts off with a balanced kit each time. 

If they truly want this to be an  MMORPG they need to combine PVP and PVE and have zones where you can do PVP and zones where you can only PVE.  It would make the game soooo much better.  

Edited by MrHeid
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

Do you know why there are more threads in PVE then there is in pvp ? It’s not because we whine more or perhaps there are more of us... no it’s because all you pvp’ers really need to function in a game is the ability to battle another player. That’s it, you could play any game ever created for 2 or more players and say that it is pvp because you can always challenge another player in competition. 

That’s all you need for pvp is one other player, the reason there are more threads that have to deal with pve is simply because we are not simple minded who get cheap thrills of proving who is better, we are after the challenge, the end game, the exploration, the new sights, we are after what lies behind the next and the next and the next.  It can never end for us, unlike you, once you reach the top what else is there other then defending it ? Can anyone say “ King of the Hill “ grade school kid games, you might as well play capture the flag or seek and destroy for all your looking for in a game.  Pvp players can look at the same map over and over and over, it’s not the new content that interest you, it’s next person you can beat to prove something to.  This is a video game, if you want to prove something to someone then prove it to your family, prove it to your job or prove it by helping someone. Prove that your skills don’t just exist in in a virtual world where you’ll never have anything more then a title.  

I promise you there are more people playing PVP than PVE... wtf could you possibly even do all day... city building simulation?  Can you walk me through your day to day activities without boring the #@$#@$@# out of everyone?

5 minutes ago, MrHeid said:

Atlas PVP is for people who aren't actually good at real pvp games and just like to put in 11 million hours to get such an advantage that other players can't compete. (Not to mention all the cheating) Its a game for people who like unfair advantages.  ARK is the same way.  If you want to compete in a real pvp game go play a moba or fps.  All the pvp players in here are acting like they are good or something.  If you were actually good at pvp you'd be playing a real pvp game.  This is a survival adventure game at best with some elements of PvP.  They want it to be a MMORPG but its not really that either.  MMORPG pvp is more balanced then this game.  I really only enjoy PvE not cause I can't handle the actual PVP but because I dont have 11000 hrs to defend and such.  I play real pvp games where everyone starts off with a balanced kit each time. 

If they truly want this to be an  MMORPG they need to combine PVP and PVE and have zones where you can do PVP and zones where you can only PVE.  It would make the game soooo much better.  

The PVP isn't that great... thats why they should focus on Ship Combat... the land combat will be a plus... honestly with the community (you) that we have now... unless they do some drastic changes and force players like you to go play a single player game... this game will fail.

1 hour ago, Bolognapwny said:

I promise you there are more people playing PVP than PVE... wtf could you possibly even do all day... city building simulation?  Can you walk me through your day to day activities without boring the #@$#@$@# out of everyone?

The PVP isn't that great... thats why they should focus on Ship Combat... the land combat will be a plus... honestly with the community (you) that we have now... unless they do some drastic changes and force players like you to go play a single player game... this game will fail.

You are not correct.  If you don't salvage every player you can get right now this game will fail.  They need to find a way that people who want to be safe can and people who want to play hardcore pvp can.  All in the same network.  Look at every other MMO at there.  Wow, ESO, Lineage 2, EVE etc... all let players play the way they want to.  If you only appeal to the hardcore pvp players the game will fail.  If you only appeal to the pve players you will fail.  Alienating anyone at this point will hurt this games chances.  

For example, 

I like pvp.  I don't have the time for the huge risk vs reward in this game.  I wouldn't mind risking a ship in some combat if I knew I had a place to go rebuild.  Having safe base zones and ship pvp zones would be so much better.  Or some other way to divide it.  I played on a private server that had different zones for pvp/pve.  Lawless zones were pve and zones where you could claim land were pvp.  You were not allowed to control land if you had structures in pve.  It was great cause new players could build up a sizable fleet.  claim some land and jump right into the pvp.  If the got beat down they could go rebuild in a safe place or you could just go play pve if you wanted a break from pvp.  The problem is this game has a small player base right now and they are spreading it out with 3 huge servers.  There is going to be like an average of 2 people per server or something stupid.

3 hours ago, SouthSideChicago said:

95% of the time that im on Atlas, i'm solo or with one or 2 other guys. Either taming, doing maps, whatever. I can't understand why so many people here think "mega" companies roll around in 1 big group shitting on everyone and "they are everything that's wrong with this game"? Maybe there are companies that do shitty things all the time, i don't know, but not 1 person has said which one and what exactly did they do? 

Everyone is getting more impatient as the days keep going by...i get it....but if you're going to spend this downtime here complaining...at least be honest and give details besides spewing blanket, bullshit opinions. There are MANY people like me that will go out of their way to help solo players or small groups.

2 weeks or so before they announced the wipe, i heard some french group got raided and lost everything on O-12. I went over and spoke to 1 of them and he showed me their main base. It got wrecked but he didn't know who did it. I tossed the guy 15k, gave him the kits i had on my brig, and my discord info. The prick loved me and still messages me even tho i havent logged in for weeks.

I think the 💩 on everyone’s heads is a good indicator that you are wrong

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

I think the 💩 on everyone’s heads is a good indicator that you are wrong

wrong about what tho dude? im not tryin to fight or argue with you...just explain what you mean so i know what im wrong about.

4 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Typing random insults into global chat is not at all diplomacy. That is just stupidity and if you are playing on a PVP server you are in addition giving away valuable intel to the enemy.

What I was talking about before is inter-tribe relations. Even a small tribe can be surprisingly effective if they can master diplomacy. To give some brief examples in the past I have managed to turn an enemy Chinese tribe into my benefactor. I have succeeded in luring my allies into a war while avoiding getting directly involved myself. I've even once bluffed my way out of a cage by pretending to be part of a large tribe on another server.

You just have to think outside the box, understand a little bit about different cultures and engage in a bit of social engineering. If they speak another language use Google translate. 

Not if he doesn't have a base anymore :classic_wink:

The first isn't really diplomacy, that's just psy warfare.. the art of lying..

As for the second, it doesn't take long once you have the tech to fire out ingots n pillers etc the hardest part is probably hiding the forge from sight, since the light is easy to see at night.   people can fly all over spamming out pillers and even if they only use stone it still takes time to remove them and the next day you log in, they've respammed them, unless you replace them with your own.  So the spammer having a base or not.. no biggy.  Even if you killed their mount every day, doesn't take long to grab a low lvl pt, make a saddle, build forge and spam out pillers.

And that's if they aren't a supported alt account.  If they are.. you'll never catch them as it could be anyone doing it, even someone in your own tribe.

Edited by Martyn

3 hours ago, SouthSideChicago said:

It's good if you can find a zone like this.  I've found a few islands where I've never even seen another player, not even once. My raft was parked outside of it for a month, noone ever sank it.  Noone destroyed my hut, looted it or anything.  Although I think a nasty must have caught me on a couple of times through the wall as I logged in dead, but I logged out naked so, no loss.  But on some islands, usually the medium sized or bigger ones, you can have 1 group of naked losers maybe 4-5 of them, and all they do is log in exploit, weight kill, steal, laugh, logout.. probably even suicide before they do.. log in next time, rince repeat, they are there purely to find targets of oppurtunity.. lure snakes to a tame.. or get alphas fighting next to your hut etc to smash your stuff.  The big "megas" which can be anything from a brig to a galleon, sailing around just wiping out entire towns, sinking offline ships etc.  Many of them don't even pick up the loot, they smash and leave.  Sometimes it could be chinese or russians or americans or brits or eu or koreans.. and so on.  Can't really tell unless you hear them talking.  As for naming companies specifically.. I am sure there's a rule in the forum that actually states you can't do that.  Which is why I try not to mention names, I don't even like saying racial or cultural names.  As it is a generalist global issue which can be misconstrued.  And also, if you haven't seen their behaviour.. either you're very lucky or one of the perps yourself. 😉

One other thing.. you're on 95% of the time.. but you haven't logged in for weeks.. which is it? 😉  I used to help people.. then over time I just got sick of people helping themselves.

Edited by Martyn

2 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

Yeh basically you talk to people all day, ask how they're getting on, have conversations, I've sat on my fishing seat for hours listening to people all over the eu and in the usa talking about their problems and lives.  Like some unpaid psycologist.. hehe, other times I'm out farming or taming, sometimes building some unique thing, like a tower to glide from or some pretty building, I tried making a snake maze once.  Left the door open at one end for people to run into, to try to grief me.. but the snakes kept despawning.   There's plenty to do, small empires to build or you can go sailing and exploring or treasure hunting or farming sotd etc.. depending how many are on.  I like painting.. although most people hate my painting.. there's been falling outs with people over it.

Pvp to me is boring now, I think I actually prefer trolling my mates and pvp between mates who are all logged into discord for example, than playing on a general pvp server against unknowns.  If you play with friends, the nastier side of pvp doesn't really show itself, it's all people laughing and having fun.  People don't go that extra yard to grief you, because you're all mates.

Edited by Martyn

56 minutes ago, SouthSideChicago said:

wrong about what tho dude? im not tryin to fight or argue with you...just explain what you mean so i know what im wrong about.

That Megas don’t roll around 💩ing on people. Been there done that in ark. That is exactly what happens lol

16 minutes ago, Martyn said:

It's good if you can find a zone like this.  I've found a few islands where I've never even seen another player, not even once. My raft was parked outside of it for a month, noone ever sank it.  Noone destroyed my hut, looted it or anything.  Although I think a nasty must have caught me on a couple of times through the wall as I logged in dead, but I logged out naked so, no loss.  But on some islands, usually the medium sized or bigger ones, you can have 1 group of naked losers maybe 4-5 of them, and all they do is log in exploit, weight kill, steal, laugh, logout.. probably even suicide before they do.. log in next time, rince repeat, they are there purely to find targets of oppurtunity.. lure snakes to a tame.. or get alphas fighting next to your hut etc to smash your stuff.  The big "megas" which can be anything from a brig to a galleon, sailing around just wiping out entire towns, sinking offline ships etc.  Many of them don't even pick up the loot, they smash and leave.  Sometimes it could be chinese or russians or americans or brits or eu or koreans.. and so on.  Can't really tell unless you hear them talking.  As for naming companies specifically.. I am sure there's a rule in the forum that actually states you can't do that.  Which is why I try not to mention names, I don't even like saying racial or cultural names.  As it is a generalist global issue which can be misconstrued.  And also, if you haven't seen their behaviour.. either you're very lucky or one of the perps yourself. 😉

Interesting. a few things tho....i've read many times people complaining about not being able to find land so they are forced to pay tax and live on the large company islands. where are these islands you speak of that you've never seen another player? arctics? maybe O-15? just curious.

i dont think theres a rule saying you cant mention the names of companies that grief you or whatever...i could be wrong. i also understand if you dont want to mention names either..im fine with that. but was it a company in the top 5-10-15? again, just wondering..not saying you're lying because i know it happens...but i dont think its a major problem like i've heard.

2 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

wtf could you possibly even do all day... city building simulation?  Can you walk me through your day to day activities without boring the #@$#@$@# out of everyone?

Well, first I have a couple cups of coffee and read the news.   Then I feed the pets.  After that I clean up the house a bit and then goof off until lunch.

Oh, you said without boring anybody.

4 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

THE @#$@#$@# IDEA OF A PIRATE IS PVP... WTF ARE YOU EVEN ARGUING THIS ISNT A PVP GAME.

For you I recommend decaf.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

That Megas don’t roll around 💩ing on people. Been there done that in ark. That is exactly what happens lol

i understand that it happens. I'm not saying it doesn't. Some people feel the need to shit on the little guys just because they can while they sail past a random island. I just find it odd that nobody can tell me who and where this "constantly" happens? I mean if that happened to me, the 1st thing i would do is find out who it was. 

I had someone PM here about my posts recently saying "you are not wrong about what you say but people don't like the fact that you are sticking up for the megas." I can respect that. I'll try to look at things from both perspectives more often....but can people like the OP and countless others do the same? hell no.

9 minutes ago, SouthSideChicago said:

i understand that it happens. I'm not saying it doesn't. Some people feel the need to shit on the little guys just because they can while they sail past a random island. I just find it odd that nobody can tell me who and where this "constantly" happens? I mean if that happened to me, the 1st thing i would do is find out who it was. 

I had someone PM here about my posts recently saying "you are not wrong about what you say but people don't like the fact that you are sticking up for the megas." I can respect that. I'll try to look at things from both perspectives more often....but can people like the OP and countless others do the same? hell no.

Oh believe me I would. I don’t play this game because I am a console player so I have no clue when this damn company is going to let me play. I speak on behalf of ark Mega tribes, that I have either been in or wayyyy back in the day I was a victim of. 

To be honest I really don’t like any of them. I don’t think it is a good idea for any game. Ark was a success because it was ark. But everyone needs to realize this game is suffering already so Megas or not it is already in Trouble. The thing is the Megas do need to go because of the crap the devs are already dealing with. Look at the new modes coming out. They had to scramble to do that just to try to keep people. 

Now they have Megas going to the colonies which made all of the devs effort very worthless.

so yeah dude if you want to know what the problem is it is the Megas. There really isn’t two sides to it.

if something is a problem one way, it will be a problem in the other way

Edited by Realist

29 minutes ago, Realist said:

Oh believe me I would. I don’t play this game because I am a console player so I have no clue when this damn company is going to let me play. I speak on behalf of ark Mega tribes, that I have either been in or wayyyy back in the day I was a victim of. 

To be honest I really don’t like any of them. I don’t think it is a good idea for any game. Ark was a success because it was ark. But everyone needs to realize this game is suffering already so Megas or not it is already in Trouble. The thing is the Megas do need to go because of the crap the devs are already dealing with. Look at the new modes coming out. They had to scramble to do that just to try to keep people. 

Now they have Megas going to the colonies which made all of the devs effort very worthless.

so yeah dude if you want to know what the problem is it is the Megas. There really isn’t two sides to it.

if something is a problem one way, it will be a problem in the other way

Ok, that's fair. I never played ark so i can't comment.But I just want to clear this up to make sure i'm understand you correctly....you never played atlas? but since you played ark and know all about mega tribes, you're sure they are the reason for all the problems the devs are having?

PSA:

can all the......

BATHROOM-CONFUSED-CHEETO-EATING-WEEBS

... please exit the forums... (Winter thorne, Southsidechicago,Realist,Martyn,Mrheid, Daemoncross, etc)

9 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

PSA:

can all the......

BATHROOM-CONFUSED-CHEETO-EATING-WEEBS

... please exit the forums... (Winter thorne, Southsidechicago,Realist,Martyn,Mrheid, Daemoncross, etc)

I'd like to hear you talk like that in discord. gotta mic? or you just keyboard warrior til 1.5?