Bolognapwny

LOL for the love of god listen to me

1 hour ago, Daemon Cross said:

I guess your one of those who are not so smart, I already stated that I prefer the pve aspect of the game.  Anytime you think you can hang with this fragile ass of mine, please by all means send me a dm and if it’s possible we can get together and hang out.

what you got in mind lol

( i never claimed to be smart )

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

3 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

Ah you know, we can do guy stuff, fun stuff, things we will look back on and laugh about.

take a room bro

Yeah sorry, but im not interested in the PvP part of the game. If you ever manage to sort the current meta and the hacking and console abuse we can talk again. Up until then its PvE or a different game for me, and the longer it takes the Devs to deliver, the lower the chances ill even bother.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Actium Praetor said:

I deal with assholes on a regular basis out in public.

I play games to relax and unwind.

I neither need nor want assholes to be in the games I play to unwind from dealing with assholes, and PvP attracts assholes.

I am not alone in this, by any stretch of the imagination.

If you think that any/everyone that prefers PvE over PvP only do so because they can't handle PvP, you're one of the assholes they're probably trying to avoid.

Everyone has their preferences, and the devs are trying to cast the widest net possible, which is understandable given they want to sell their creation. I only wish they understood that balancing and tuning the two play styles is completely different, instead of trying to force both PvP and PvE into the same box. That hasn't worked in the past and won't in the future.

I concur with this post. Also one of the reasons I make a noise to the devs if someone in PvE is trying to PvP (grief).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Realist said:

Yeah people that suck at actual pvp games go play pvp survival games so they can team up against a solo 😂

You know there are people who like pvp but really not interested in no-depth fps games ? 🙂

The irony in this thread.. 

"Remove PVE, if you like PVE go play private servers" 😄 What a waste of human space.

Literally saying to remove PVE so players that like PVE can go play on a PVE server.. so.. keep PVE server ? 🙂 

Afterwards it's just people telling their opinion and the OP saying "no, you suck I don't agree with your opinion but you have to agree with mine".

Seriously.. enough with these types of threads, everyday a few popup on the forums with "I have ideas that if you don't listen to the game will die", "I have big ideas that nobody thought of that will save this game", etc..

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

Scrap PVE servers - Its almost as if no one has played a Sandbox game before... Economies just like in real life produce conflict.... you can't have an economy without PVE'ers... you need PVE'ers on PVP servers for it to work... and dividing your PVE and PVP player base is the most hurtful thing you can do to your game.  Granted with this... you have to create an environment that they can be safe in.... (Think how Eve is setup)

Scrap Empires servers -  No one is going to play this game but the zerg minded people and they will have no one to fight... Its already proven that MEGAs don't attack MEGAs... they are literally comprised of the WORST pvpers, and PVEers.  Not just in skill, but it knowledge.  They "zerg" up because they are lazy... they want to do everything fast... everything a MEGA represents is what is wrong with gaming now days.  Look at BLDX one of the larger companies... so A.D.D. stricken they mass quit to go play ANOTHER BR... 

You need to focus on small organized Crews... and I would change company label to "Crew"  You can have a "Crew" up to 50 players.  I still feel that you should do away with alliances.... If people want to word of mouth alliance... they still gotta deal with hostile NPCs and it makes it that much harder for them to work... granted they will still work... and they should ( enemy of my enemy ).

You are going to need NPC factions... this game won't work without it.... Your players will create the content, you need to create the sand for the sandbox.

You need to limit cannons on ships to gunports only... I don't know how many times this needs to be stated.

You need to overhaul your siege equipment, and stop using the mindset of spamming buildings as being the way you fight.  Mortars shouldn't be the ANTI-BOAT, and Sieging Meta....

I disagree.  Having pvp within a pve environment, brings in attitudes and people who generally are not welcome within the pve environment.  It's bad enough with people coming to pve servers just to exploit the pve design for pvp purposes.  ie to Abuse people, Harrass them, Steal etc.  To actively attract it would push pve players away from play completely.

If anything, they should scrap pvp servers, as antisocial gameplay is leading to antisocial people irl. It is also a cause of extremism and segregation.  ie it creates an "us and them" environment based on threat, violence etc.

If pvp could be brought back to a level playing field, where all sides equally enjoy a competitive game, without all the negative returns, only then would pvp in my view be welcomed. As it currently stands, I couldn't even stand to be in the same room as pvpers irl, let alone on the same server.

"Remove PVE, if you like PVE go play private servers" 😄 What a waste of human space.

Literally saying to remove PVE so players that like PVE can go play on a PVE server.. so.. keep PVE server ? 🙂 

Afterwards it's just people telling their opinion and the OP saying "no, you suck I don't agree with your opinion but you have to agree with mine".

Seriously.. enough with these types of threads, everyday a few popup on the forums with "I have ideas that if you don't listen to the game will die", "I have big ideas that nobody thought of that will save this game", etc..

This is the point of forums, is to put forward ideas on improvements, to discuss opinions.  Why else even have them?

Edited by Martyn

17 hours ago, Megalithic said:

6.We live in a pvp world ruled by PVE'ers, pve'ers  call this.... Murder.

Actually you don't.   If you could respawn irl, I think we'd all live in a altogether different world with different rules. 

Pve is about living in Peace with other people, it's about sorting out arguments without violence, it's about talking to people.  Living with people.  Not running in fear from them, killing them because you can't make an argument or killing them to take their stuff, because you're too lazy to earn it.

Pve and Pvp are mutually exclusive gameplay designs. 

2 hours ago, Willard said:

You know there are people who like pvp but really not interested in no-depth fps games ? 🙂

Yeah and they suck so they go to survival so they can hang up lol

36 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah and they suck so they go to survival so they can hang up lol

Its not about being bad in those fps games, it's about those games are simply boring for someone. Are u assuming everyone enjoys fps games or what? 

Im not playing ARK and Atlas because im bad at fps games lol. I don't play fps games simply because they are boring to me.

Edited by Willard

They clearly are not listening to anyone about PVE. Why would they listen to you.

I like PVP servers in most games, not this one. I don't think this one is ready. After the restart I'll be on PVE, if around here at all. 

I've never seen a game managed like this before. I question if the servers will even still be up in 6 months.

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

Pve is about living in Peace with other people, it's about sorting out arguments without violence, it's about talking to people.  Living with people.  Not running in fear from them, killing them because you can't make an argument or killing them to take their stuff, because you're too lazy to earn it.

Are you saying theres less diplomacy on the pvp server? If anything i'd say theres a lot more diplomacy on the pvp server because theres an option for violence. The picture you paint of the pvp server is nothing like my experience of playing on it for the past few months.

This really is not a competitive PVP game. Lol it's a grinding PVP game.  If you think you are "good at PVP" you are probably just good at playing a lot cause you have no life.

Competitive PVP games only require skill. Not 10000 hrs to build a base etc.  Ark is the same way.  The only competitive (real PVP) version of ark was survival of the fittest.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrHeid said:

This really is not a competitive PVP game. Lol it's a grinding PVP game.  If you think you are "good at PVP" you are probably just good at playing a lot cause you have no life.

Competitive PVP games only require skill. Not 10000 hrs to build a base etc.  Ark is the same way.  The only competitive (real PVP) version of ark was survival of the fittest.  

Very well said. This is actually what I meant but I said it in a more a holish way lol

2 hours ago, Pant said:

Are you saying theres less diplomacy on the pvp server? If anything i'd say theres a lot more diplomacy on the pvp server because theres an option for violence. The picture you paint of the pvp server is nothing like my experience of playing on it for the past few months.

Diplomacy? "Oi.. leave or we'll kill you".

1 hour ago, MrHeid said:

Disagree. This game has room enough to play competitive PvP, same with ARK. If you think you don’t require skill to pvp (I mean real pvp not what all those boemba loempa’s are doing) simply means you didn’t play it or you’re too bad at it. Same with this, sure this game has less room for competitive pvp, but maybe that will come with the time. 

combine the servers and have people flag for pvp/pve with cooldowns! want to pvp..flag. you get 24 rl hours to prepare your company. boom you are pvp. no backing down. You tired of pvp? reflag to pve...oh...yeh it will take 30 days to go back to pve. so make sure you can take it as well as dish it out before flagging. if you are pve and fire at a pvp, you get a warning. continue firing ..no damage... and it will start your pvp activation timer.

Edited by engraverwilliam

2 hours ago, MrHeid said:

I certainly understand what you're getting at.

Ark, Atlas, Rust etc.. You have more to loose and yeh alot more effort is needed to ultimately claim you've won, but it's part of the risk of the game to build a ship in 10 hours and then loose it in 10 minutes.. I think this is in essence competitive pvp. 

So long as people try to stay away from ganking and easy kills ie waiting next to the spawn or killing naked noobs on the beach. And even when I say ganking, I only mean if you don't need to, a group of pvp server players running to a quest location stumble on a solo player mining away.. that's ganking imo.  Like a pack of hounds finding a rabbit. 

I suppose we could call Ark, Atlas etc a sort of Risk Pvp game, because you risk alot more. You need to plan better, organise more and so on. And just call standard pvp competitive.  Turn up, shoot stuff, go home.  Tell people how many kills you go in a ratio to how many times you died. 

I guess we all have our opinions on what pvp actually is.  To some it's the action of doing it, for others it's doing it anyway you can, as only winning matters etc. For others it's a challenge, taking on bigger groups solo etc. Yet others prefer the more griefer side, stealing, sneaking, pillaging, esp in pve servers.. training dinos on people, stealing their stuff with exploits, break their stuff, using aimbots etc.  All the things battleye is supposed to stop.

I also think maybe, the idea of Atlas as a pvp game, has changed the role of pvp in a game, due to it's nature, you can't really randomly pvp in it, you have to build a ship, stock it, go somewhere, unload, find your enemy.. or maybe find them at sea.. and try to catchup.   Standard pvp is usually ground based, you just run to whereever they are and fight. Or you mind your own business and if they turn up, then you fight.  The more aggressive griefer types tend to only occupy pve servers.  You could share an island.. doubt it would take long for one side to beat the other off of it tho. Unless they start adding islands of the size there are in ark.. or even removing big chunks of the mountains on the current ones to create more space.

Edited by Martyn

Its not rocket science... the most SUCCESSFUL sandbox game to DATE!!!!! Has one server... Mixed with A HARDCORE PVE playerbase and a HARDCORE PVP playerbase.

If you don't have PVE elements your sandbox will die... no one is going to play a game to fight pointlessly for no reason... Oh go pvp you have everything you need, but just go pvp... And how do you even play this game with no element of being able to lose your stuff?  How is that even fun?  I literally have not one clue as to why anyone would want to play PVE... unless you just wanna build RP structures and sail around RPing.... 

8 hours ago, uaf said:

Thats why the chinese got it right! we need slaves to gather shit and make our boats so we can murder other companies and their slaves ! You Get it!

3 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

Its not rocket science... the most SUCCESSFUL sandbox game to DATE!!!!! Has one server... Mixed with A HARDCORE PVE playerbase and a HARDCORE PVP playerbase.

If you don't have PVE elements your sandbox will die... no one is going to play a game to fight pointlessly for no reason... Oh go pvp you have everything you need, but just go pvp... And how do you even play this game with no element of being able to lose your stuff?  How is that even fun?  I literally have not one clue as to why anyone would want to play PVE... unless you just wanna build RP structures and sail around RPing.... 

I guess you’ve never played any single player games, no rpg games, no mmorpg games, guess games like Morrowind, Oblivion, Shadow of Moldar: Middle Earth, Dungeons and Dragons, or the PVE side of games like World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls Online, EverQuest, Lord of the Rings the list just goes on and on and on.  Not everyone plays pve to role play, there is such a diversity of players in PVE that community alone is enough to keep a game running for years and years and at times long after the developers have quit supporting it.

What kind of diversity do you have in pvp ?  Let me guess  - haha I’m better then you are, haha my pc is faster than yours is, haha I killed you, haha I destroyed your stuff.   Now for the diversity - you suck, you cheated, hacker, griefer, why are you using exploits, oh it took 5 of you to kill me, haha I’m going to get all my friends to come beat you up.

Well you can correct me if I’m wrong, I’ll guess I’m pretty close though.  Oh wait I may not be because I forgot all about making people rage quit and my group killed your group scenario.  Hmm I guess you all do have some diversity afterall, now what was it you were saying about pve players ?

Just because you weren’t able to beat Mario brothers, Zelda, Pac-Man or King Kong you think the only way you can be happy is by beating up on another player ? 

If all I had to do with all the different types of games out there is play against another player I believe that I’d actually have a life instead.

4 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

I guess you’ve never played any single player games, no rpg games, no mmorpg games, guess games like Morrowind, Oblivion, Shadow of Moldar: Middle Earth, Dungeons and Dragons, or the PVE side of games like World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls Online, EverQuest, Lord of the Rings the list just goes on and on and on.  Not everyone plays pve to role play, there is such a diversity of players in PVE that community alone is enough to keep a game running for years and years and at times long after the developers have quit supporting it.

What kind of diversity do you have in pvp ?  Let me guess  - haha I’m better then you are, haha my pc is faster than yours is, haha I killed you, haha I destroyed your stuff.   Now for the diversity - you suck, you cheated, hacker, griefer, why are you using exploits, oh it took 5 of you to kill me, haha I’m going to get all my friends to come beat you up.

Well you can correct me if I’m wrong, I’ll guess I’m pretty close though.  Oh wait I may not be because I forgot all about making people rage quit and my group killed your group scenario.  Hmm I guess you all do have some diversity afterall, now what was it you were saying about pve players ?

Just because you weren’t able to beat Mario brothers, Zelda, Pac-Man or King Kong you think the only way you can be happy is by beating up on another player ? 

If all I had to do with all the different types of games out there is play against another player I believe that I’d actually have a life instead.

My point EXACTLY... YOU, YOU ARE THE ISSUE HERE.

If you want to play a singleplayer RPG style game... GO PLAY ON A #@$@#$@# private server....

My point is... separating PVE players from PVP players makes for a STALE GAME... it also makes PVP not viable... if their plan is to MAKE A SINGLE PLAYER GAME... then they need to go head and remove PVP and let the rest of us move on with our lives.

• Haha 1

As a PvE'er, I don't want any PvP'er nor anything even related to PvP in the tiniest sense anywhere near me or the server, or the game I play on. No PvP. Anywhere. In any form. Ever.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bowtie said:

As a PvE'er, I don't want any PvP'er nor anything even related to PvP in the tiniest sense anywhere near me or the server, or the game I play on. No PvP. Anywhere. In any form. Ever.

THEN PLAY A PRIVATE SERRVER... wtf does it matter if its a Giant server if you are just gonna not do anything but free build you an RP paradise?

• Haha 1