Starbuck

Server Grid Editor - New Island(s)

@Jatheish any news on when we're going to get the new island(s) for the Server Grid Editor ?

If we're going to wipe our dedicated servers, we surely want to add the new island(s), that take a lot of time to calculate new powerstone positions, etc...
We need that the fastest possible before the new patch.

Please any Dev give an answer, we need it.

Thanks !

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why would you wipe and upset your player base?

Just find out which islands on your current gird are uninhabited and replace them with a couple of the new ones and then add the new quest line and the deep trenches will be an extension of the already existing PVE Powerstone islands 🙂

No wipe required...

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Krat0s said:

Just find out which islands on your current gird are uninhabited and replace them with a couple of the new ones and then add the new quest line and the deep trenches will be an extension of the already existing PVE Powerstone islands 🙂

No wipe required...

I will wipe my server too, not only for the mega patch, because its a refresh, news players incoming etc. The new patch will be release and Unofficial Dedicated Server will get at the last minute to configure and open their server. Wipe isn't required but highly recommended. But if you choose to wipe your server , did they know configuring a unofficial new server doesnt take 5 minutes, we need files before the official release patch because we want to be ready and our server up when the patch will be release.

Edited by DealTime

7 hours ago, Krat0s said:

No wipe required...

Seriously, if they wipe official don't you think it's because they have the choice?
NO it's because they changed something in the game core that can and will affect current saves.
Why would seriously just think about continuing with a corrupted database and involved our players in many more bugs than there is already.
Being a community manager is often taking hard decision, but it's a must.

Because i'm sure you don't know much about it i'll just tell you to try adding a new island to your current grid. You will see what happen.
To explain a bit further how do you think your saved database will react to saved when the islands replaced is not there anymore, resources, animals, etc... I've tried it, you should to understand how it react. You can wipe a full grid but not just a part of it and think it will not be bugged. Some ghost islands appear, some resources are not gatherable anymore and much more problems.

We need the new Islands in the Server Grid Editor asap, there is no other stable option.

Edited by Starbuck
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Starbuck said:

Seriously, if they wipe official don't you think it's because they have the choice?
NO it's because they changed something in the game core that can and will affect current saves.
Why would seriously just think about continuing with a corrupted database and involved our players in many more bugs than there is already.
Being a community manager is often taking hard decision, but it's a must.

Because i'm sure you don't know much about it i'll just tell you to try adding a new island to your current grid. You will see what happen.
To explain a bit further how do you think your saved database will react to saved when the islands replaced is not there anymore, resources, animals, etc... I've tried it, you should to understand how it react. You can wipe a full grid but not just a part of it and think it will not be bugged. Some ghost islands appear, some resources are not gatherable anymore and much more problems.

We need the new Islands in the Server Grid Editor asap, there is no other stable option.

Sorry but your wrong.

I have a very stable 5x5, the bottom 5 grids are reserved for the new islands and I have told my players to not build within them until the update lands. The new Tundra and any new quest islands will go into these 5 servers so the other 20 servers will be fine.

Another example is that I had most islands but was missing Irridium and some other resources so I replaced a few unihabited islands with some new ones and restarted, there were no issues, other then players having to learn the map again because the fog of war appeared again.

You must be doing something wrong if you cant replace an unihabited island with another one without issues, it really isn't hard.

If all you guys wipe I will be happy to take all your p'd off players because if you are clever, a wipe definately isnt required. I have spoken to people with direct communication to the devs and they all say that there won't be any change to the coding of the game, the only thing that will happen is additional ini settings, additional islands and an additional quest line to add like the powerstone quest line was added, which wont be released beforehand either unfortunately.

Unless you want to wipe, I would find out which islands or grids have no players, reserve them for the Wipe like how Ark did when they blocked a part of the map with a big red barrier when the redwoods were being made and then do it that way.

I am just trying to help you avoid losing a community that I know we all work hard to keep...

• Thanks 1

Oh and don't assume I don't know what I am doing either, you know what they say about assuming anything right? :classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, Krat0s said:

Oh and don't assume I don't know what I am doing either, you know what they say about assuming anything right? :classic_biggrin:

Please note that this wipe will not be forced on Unofficial Servers, however the old claim flags will disappear and you’ll have to replace them or allow them to naturally populate.

But if on your server players do not experiment many bugs, tell me your secret because this game is bugged as hell. Players consistently losing ships between 2 grids and the old ships are still bugged invisible on eyes but still there on the map if your looking at the map, a lot of animals are bugged, elephants flying, corpse unreachables...

I'm sure also you know how to create biomes:
«First of all, the changes we are planning for this update are huge. We are completely redesigning the world layout, introducing new island types and biomes»
The islands letters code, i will assume you know the meaning of all codes and tell me how can you add  a new biome island within a grid that as for example Mnt_B_CP, the meaning of the CP part is because it need to be in a particular biome. 

What your talking is reserved 5 grid on your 25 for new content... Well that is full grid wipe if you do not keep the saves. 
If i had 25 grid, that's a lot less troubles to reserve grids, but we have 12 grids and mostly builded.

Anyway let's see what happen anyway for me it's the last chance with this game. I'm hosting 18 servers with other games and really never had so much troubles.

Good luck with the rest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starbuck said:

Anyway let's see what happen anyway for me it's the last chance with this game. I'm hosting 18 servers with other games and really never had so much troubles.

Good luck with the rest.

...so true !

I have 5 empty grids with no islands, players get the red barrier when they get close to the grids so in effect I am running a 4x5 right now with 5 empty servers. My existing grids only have the islands coded to the right biomes and my PVE islands are all sorted.

I don't get any bugs with ships being lost or didgy animals that have been reported, I use mods and keep the game running well with regular updates and restarts. I think a lot of the bugs depends on how or what system the server is being ran on but I assure you my server stays smooth with low pings and I definately dont use api plugins for shops or anything like that, we are NOT a pay to win server.

Anyway, yes I do have a back up plan if a full wipe is wanted or needed but I certainly will do all it takes to avoid it and the devs are idiots, anouncing a wipe, then delaying the patch again and again and again its idiocy.

Us server owners need to stick together and help each other for sure, but I doubt Grapeshot will help us configure the new changes until AFTER the patch and the new info will be vague as always.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 5:32 PM, Krat0s said:

I have 5 empty grids with no islands, players get the red barrier when they get close to the grids so in effect I am running a 4x5 right now with 5 empty servers. My existing grids only have the islands coded to the right biomes and my PVE islands are all sorted.

I don't get any bugs with ships being lost or didgy animals that have been reported, I use mods and keep the game running well with regular updates and restarts. I think a lot of the bugs depends on how or what system the server is being ran on but I assure you my server stays smooth with low pings and I definately dont use api plugins for shops or anything like that, we are NOT a pay to win server.

Anyway, yes I do have a back up plan if a full wipe is wanted or needed but I certainly will do all it takes to avoid it and the devs are idiots, anouncing a wipe, then delaying the patch again and again and again its idiocy.

Us server owners need to stick together and help each other for sure, but I doubt Grapeshot will help us configure the new changes until AFTER the patch and the new info will be vague as always.

I'm pretty sure they recommended a wipe as there is a chance that there will be a conflict between old system and the new system. If it were no problems between the old and the new they surely wouldn't wipe their own servers.

I think this was the latest update about the grid editor. If someone found something else, please let us know 🙂

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2019 at 7:39 PM, Norlinri said:

I think this was the latest update about the grid editor. If someone found something else, please let us know 🙂

Wrote First April ^^ iam not sure 😄

I see the trench, and quite a few new islands as well.... also has the new powerstone quest (they are apparently called infinity stones)