Special Notice regarding stacking cannons in gunports Read more... ×
Neomale

Player map and Atlas gone black / Invisible AOD ships and wild animals/ stuck on steering wheel of ship and unable to turn ALL after latest patch 23.0

I know this is an issue for most people but my server been fine for over 2 months and since this update all my players including my map went black.
I personally can still see the claim flags circles and the boats we have in the circles (not the ones outside of a claim flag circle).

I re-uploaded the cell images and mapimg files to the server, tried clearing my image cache map from my client but none of this worked.
Actually when I cleared my map image cache from the client it didn't re download the files from the server which leads me to believe it's a port issue.

Since we didn't change any ports on the server and don't have access to it cos it's rented from a hoster this leads me to believe your so called optimization of the server has messed some ports up.

We also have the many reported bug where we get stuck on the steering wheel of our ship. Also invisible and partially invisible AoD ships (floating cannons and some parts of the ships) AND I've also been attacked by an invisible wild animal.

Thanks for the optimizations, they really improved our gameplay.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Same exact thing for us.... thanks for the great optimization patch!!! /sarcasm off

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Server and client version 23.2 still black map... I forgot to add that map stays black even when moving around so rediscovering areas isn't even an option.

Don't care bout checking the rest since if I die I can't even pick a bed to respawn.

Furthermore this update has no patchnotes as of now so not sure what they changed in 23.2

Please upvote if you have the same issue, top left of page next to forum title press arrow up.

Edited by Neomale
typo
  • Thanks 2

Lost my all-mythical brig to invisible whale :classic_biggrin: not that it matters anyway but still kinda sucks.

• Thanks 1

We too have experienced invisible SotD, where all you can see is cannons floating above the water.  We've also experienced:

Complete loss of ship controls when opening inventory or map and sometimes when confronted by invisible SotD.

Relogging will return ship's controls, but that is a game-breaker.  Who wants to keep doing that, especially when surrounded by SotD?

This last patch (v.23+) has broken the gameplay for many of us.  Please fix ASAP!

Same here. The treasure maps are blank too!

Map black, lost of control when sailing, invisible ships. Yes we have it all. Game is really unplayable at the moment.

Same problem here, map covered with fog of war and won't uncover since v23 patch. Also have door bug and invisible SOTD. Hosting with Nitrado. Anyone got a fix yet?

Posted (edited)

If you're still getting black maps in v24 try this as a workaround: copy the appropriate map cache images/files from Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\MapImagesCache to Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\NewMapImagesCache  

When they "fixed" black maps on unofficial it "broke" it for me on official. The above worked for me and I have a working map on both unofficial and official now.  

Each directory in MapImagesCache seems to be the cluster's AtlasId_s in queries (which I assume is the same as WorldAtlasId in ServerGrid.json)  

NA PVP map cache images should be put in Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\NewMapImagesCache\4200418029 (previous were in MapImagesCache\4200418029)

Edited by Brybry

Posted (edited)

Ya the same thing happen to me with the recent patch but that fix didn't seem to work,im pretty much stuck where i am unless i sail there in a boat,cant fast travel and cant see where im going when i sail 😭

Edited by Svensmokavich

16 hours ago, Brybry said:

Если вы все еще получаете черные карты в v24, попробуйте это в качестве обходного пути: скопируйте соответствующие изображения / файлы кэша карт из Steam \ steamapps \ common \ ATLAS \ ShooterGame \ Saved \ MapImagesCache в Steam \ steamapps \ common \ ATLAS \ ShooterGame \ Saved \ NewMapImagesCache  

It works,thanks

ya even after this patch still have a black map with no way to fast travel:(

On 3/20/2019 at 8:38 PM, Brybry said:

If you're still getting black maps in v24 try this as a workaround: copy the appropriate map cache images/files from Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\MapImagesCache to Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\NewMapImagesCache  

When they "fixed" black maps on unofficial it "broke" it for me on official. The above worked for me and I have a working map on both unofficial and official now.  

Each directory in MapImagesCache seems to be the cluster's AtlasId_s in queries (which I assume is the same as WorldAtlasId in ServerGrid.json)  

NA PVP map cache images should be put in Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\NewMapImagesCache\4200418029 (previous were in MapImagesCache\4200418029)

do i need to delete the old file?

44 minutes ago, Svensmokavich said:

do i need to delete the old file?

No

Posted (edited)

For the No Maps problem, try this... Just create a folder named "NewMapImagesCache" inside "ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved"

If you created a folder named "NewMapImagesCache" inside "Saved" or you already have one and it doesn't work, then do these additional steps...

1. Download THIS ARCHIVE with all the map images or get a friend to email it to you.
  2. Inside the archive is a folder named "8828120659"
  3. Extract this archive into the "NewMapImagesCache" folder.
  4. You should now have this... "ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\NewMapImagesCache\8828120659" with all the images from the archive inside it.
  5. Now start your game and check if the maps are displaying now.
Edited by ThaynTheGamer