Sign in to follow this  
Bandit_Black

Every MEGA is going Colonies

Every EU MEGA I spoke with is going Colonies

My clan of 60+ actives is also going colonies, guess we'll run 2 clans and start recruiting. Not working as intended is it?

/discuss

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bandit_Black said:

My clan of 60+ actives is also going colonies, guess we'll run 2 clans and start recruiting. Not working as intended is it?

/discuss

Yeah, it’s working as intended. Megas will be the perfect fall guy for when they decide to stop development.

if numbers stay low they aren’t going to bother with it anymore.

of course the weak will always try to exploit. It’s just in their nature.

very predictable 

Apparently, it's a basic misunderstanding of what a mega-company actually is. People join megas for safety, not for epic battles against other megas. Each mega has a core of PvPers (I'd estimate 10% at best), the rest are farmers and crafters who feed the PvPers in exchange for protection. So, the last thing a mega wants to do is to war against another mega.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kast said:

Apparently, it's a basic misunderstanding of what a mega-company actually is. People join megas for safety, not for epic battles against other megas. Each mega has a core of PvPers (I'd estimate 10% at best), the rest are farmers and crafters who feed the PvPers in exchange for protection. So, the last thing a mega wants to do is to war against another mega.

are you saying that grids are getting zerged by farmers and crafters?

30 minutes ago, Kast said:

Weakness at its finest

1 hour ago, Bandit_Black said:

/discuss

60 and over in actives is a zerg to me. Anything above 20 actives is. 

Zerg should go to Empire after update to recruit up to heavens and fight with their own size, not solos and small companies who wish to remain free.

We will see if devs would manually wipe those who break size and alliance rules on colonies.

Edited by gnihar

2 minutes ago, gnihar said:

Zerg should go to Empire after update to recruit up to heavens and fight with their own size, not solos and small companies who wish to remain free.

We will see if devs would manually wipe those who break size and alliance rules on colonies.

Megas are wayyyyy too scared to fight each other. Not going to happen

8 minutes ago, gnihar said:

I don't like it anymore than you. Everyone has to go where the population will be.

Wolves can't eat without sheep. Cycle of things.

Edited by Bandit_Black

2 minutes ago, Bandit_Black said:

I don't like it anymore than you. Everyone has to go where the population will be.

Exactly, and it all depends on the admins - will they enforce this zealously enough or not. They have been mentioning caps and restrictions, let us see how that rolls.

Not overly optimistic though.

Edited by gnihar

31 minutes ago, Kast said:

This guy Kast is absolutely correct. I'm in one of those "mega-companies" and also one of the 10% of our players who actually goes out and PvP's in ANY situation.. Without mentioning names, the absolute top tier players in this game know every other major group/company (not just the top 10)  Problem is, every single one of those players couldn't do dick without crafters, tamers, farmers, I can go on for hours about this game and the would've and should'ves or the positives and the negatives but I try not to argue online. I say what i think and our leader talks with Jat and some other guy about "opinions and the state of the game". Most of the shit i see on these forums are people saying the same things over and over and opinions, which is fine, but all i need is someone with 500+ posts already talk shit to me. I might of played this game too much, but i know bullshit when i see it. I'm glad i saw Kast post this.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SouthSideChicago said:

This guy Kast is absolutely correct. I'm in one of those "mega-companies" and also one of the 10% of our players who actually goes out and PvP's in ANY situation.. Without mentioning names, the absolute top tier players in this game know every other major group/company (not just the top 10)  Problem is, every single one of those players couldn't do dick without crafters, tamers, farmers, I can go on for hours about this game and the would've and should'ves or the positives and the negatives but I try not to argue online. I say what i think and our leader talks with Jat and some other guy about "opinions and the state of the game". Most of the shit i see on these forums are people saying the same things over and over and opinions, which is fine, but all i need is someone with 500+ posts already talk shit to me. I might of played this game too much, but i know bullshit when i see it. I'm glad i saw Kast post this.

Let me guess you are going to the colonies server to wipe the smaller tribes right?

Smaller tribes are food for bigger tribes. Small clans don't attack big clans out of fear (usually). Megas don't attack Megas out of fear.

But sooner or later the big fish gonna eat the small fish no matter what. Provided the small fish don't bite too hard, which in theory is entirely possible in Atlas if you know what you're doing.

Until there are only big fish left and they start circling eachother wondering if they should bite.

Edited by Bandit_Black

Good analysis. Any other Ark veteran can confirm that megas are always allied with all other megas.

Their food are small groups and solos. Their tool is not skill or tactical understanding but ZERG.

Edited by Talono
  • Like 3

Ofc, it is a lot less fun apparently if you can actually lose stuff and be on the receiving end.

• Like 1

Why do you guys even worry about these mega tribes? they suck.... its why they depend on numbers. all small companies have to do is gang up on the megas. its really easy.

when you see a mega attacking a small company flank them. don't just pass by and think well its not me not my problem. sooner or later they will wipe you. Just look at the ops attitude in his post. he thinks he is good because his tribe has 60+.  In reality all he does is harvest metal and fiber for his tribe leader. in the real world that's a bitch.

3 hours ago, SouthSideChicago said:

So you think you are "top tier" player? based on what?

We have a decent amount of pvpers, definitely higher than 10%. Especially now, PvP’ers have stayed. Other people left because they will lose their precious creations of buildings anyway. 

6 hours ago, ButtPirate said:

Why do you guys even worry about these mega tribes? they suck.... its why they depend on numbers. all small companies have to do is gang up on the megas. its really easy.

when you see a mega attacking a small company flank them. don't just pass by and think well its not me not my problem. sooner or later they will wipe you. Just look at the ops attitude in his post. he thinks he is good because his tribe has 60+.  In reality all he does is harvest metal and fiber for his tribe leader. in the real world that's a bitch.

And later that day.

That small company is wiped.

Never claimed we were a mega. We're not. I'm leader and I pvp. Thanks for your assumptions.

Megas are a problem because they ally with other megas to establish control. You can either dance with them and be friends or fight them and get wiped because your tribe can't handle 50-75 people attacking your base. End of story.

Devs are trying to combat the mega problem but there is always ways around the rules as stated by others and me.

Edited by Bandit_Black

Remove a zergs ability to port across the map and you remove thier ability to defend huge amounts of holdings at the same time.

Multiple skilled companies working together in coms can defeat zergs easily while in coms together. Allied or not.

The problem is the ability to respawn and port across the map for 1000 players.

Make beds single player use instead of company use and able to place and pick up on boats only.  Make spawn points company wide but only one Freeport and one island per 24 hours .

And you just crippled the zergs.

We were wiping 4 or 5 times our numbers pretty regular before they decided to just offline. There is a reason they just go for huge numbers.

If they are stuck with one major spawn point. When they have too many islands. You have multiple companies hit multiple islands. At same time and wipe them all.

Edited by Back Stabbath
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Bandit_Black said:

/discuss

If every mega you know is going colonies, and your at 60+, and I might be wrong, but I think you stated previously that you preferred the old rules set, why not take your guild to the Empire settings and not break up into segments?

This is the actual intent, not to break you up but to put you in the league you prefer to play in. 

Your intention to immediately begin your best efforts to undermine the system and start with a full 2 company alliance is indicative that you fear to compete. Its also possible your setting yourself up for GM retribution on your company and its members. On top of that, if all the megas do this and drive away those who return to this game and it dies, its your own faults for being short sighted assholes who fear competition soooo much you might as well be Russians.

Also, your not a mega at 50 members, but you certainly are before you get to 100 members. Any company that has to split to go into colonies is a mega, sorry.

-CS

15 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

Remove a zergs ability to port across the map and you remove thier ability to defend huge amounts of holdings at the same time.

Multiple skilled companies working together in coms can defeat zergs easily while in coms together. Allied or not.

The problem is the ability to respawn and port across the map for 1000 players.

Make beds single player use instead of company use and able to place and pick up on boats only.  Make spawn points company wide but only one Freeport and one island per 24 hours .

And you just crippled the zergs.

We were wiping 4 or 5 times our numbers pretty regular before they decided to just offline. There is a reason they just go for huge numbers.

If they are stuck with one major spawn point. When they have too many islands. You have multiple companies hit multiple islands. At same time and wipe them all.

Why do people worrying about big groups always fail to understand that their "solutions" affect the smaller groups just as much?

Your idea will make any PvP for smaller groups even harder and you are pretty much trying to "cure" the patient by killing him.  The only thing you are doing is to make attacking (and PvP) SO annoying that people simply don't want to play the game anymore.

It's also always kind of ironic when reading a sentence like "Multiple skilled companies working together in coms can defeat zergs easily while in coms together. Allied or not".

If you have "multiple skilled companies working together" you are a "zerg" yourself and I will never understand why people think that working together in a MMO is bad. Numbers are always important in any conflict and you will never be able to limit that while maintaining a proper MMO _world_.

What we need are proper ingame incentives and mechanics for war/conflict between bigger groups and having smaller ones around you can live with but you don't get that with simplistic rules like yours.

Hardly. I've been in games before where the community decided to destroy a zerg because it was running clans out of the game.

Did it make the community a zerg? Maybe for a day?

But it sure cured the problem 

The shitties in the zerg actually ended up learning how to play the game and have fun afterwards as well .

Maybe you weren't playing before the wipe?

But what was happening was we had a bunch of scared nerds bunched together offlining the population out of the game.

It's a simple suggestion ya. How does it make the game so hard?

You still have fast travel just limits MASS fast travel.

To bad.

Edited by Back Stabbath

Our group will go colo ourself as well, we have over 100 members. 

And yeah, we have played passive in the past untill someone sinks our boats or try to grief us, then we have just wiped everything they know as their own.

12 minutes ago, LinkesAuge said:

Why do people worrying about big groups always fail to understand that their "solutions" affect the smaller groups just as much?

Your idea will make any PvP for smaller groups even harder and you are pretty much trying to "cure" the patient by killing him.  The only thing you are doing is to make attacking (and PvP) SO annoying that people simply don't want to play the game anymore.

It's also always kind of ironic when reading a sentence like "Multiple skilled companies working together in coms can defeat zergs easily while in coms together. Allied or not".

If you have "multiple skilled companies working together" you are a "zerg" yourself and I will never understand why people think that working together in a MMO is bad. Numbers are always important in any conflict and you will never be able to limit that while maintaining a proper MMO _world_.

What we need are proper ingame incentives and mechanics for war/conflict between bigger groups and having smaller ones around you can live with but you don't get that with simplistic rules like yours.

I disagree, ive also seen servers in games come together to defeat a zerg. They were themselves not a zerg outside of a singular goal. Once achieved they go back to buisness as usual. Lineage 2 comes to mind for me.

Also, take away fast travel and you just knee capped the bigger companies and merly annoyed the smaller companies. This can be proven with math.

50 people can fast travel through one bed in a 50 man company.

Only 10 people can fast travel through a bed in a 10 man company.

Who has the advantage with fast travel?

Make beds 1 per person, only 1 person can travel through 1 bed reguardless of company size.

8 minutes ago, Knivet said:

Our group will go colo ourself as well, we have over 100 members

But why LOL. The other mode is DESIGNED FOR YOU!? Bonkers!