Sign in to follow this  
Bandit_Black

Every MEGA is going Colonies

12 hours ago, Willard said:

I wonder where you get resources for farming ships, blueprints for better parts, weapons, cannons, armor, where you levelup your ships, maintaining you crew, leveling up etc. Oh, you are doing PvE for that 😉 

In Atlas you need to do PvE to be able to PvP effectively. Just like in ARK.

Nope I am farming for that. Farming exists on both PVE and PVP mode its a not function specific to either.

17 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

You don't seem to understand.  I went to a PvE server, at a time when I was concentrating on Star Citizen, and thus not able to concentrate on defending in PvP.   This allowed me to do leave the server for days, with no repercussions, or guilt for not doing my part.  It also allowed me the ability to actually explore making aesthetic bases.  Art.  Something you seem unaware of.  You are one dimensional, and your back stabbing ideology shows that to be true

He's not very quick on the uptake.

PVE and PVP are like oil and water they do not go together. You can't be both a PVP player and a PVE player you are either one or the other in your case its the latter.

12 hours ago, Martyn said:

Actually it was games like Ultima Online and Diablo, Everquest that coined the terms.  We originally called it PKing.  Player Killing. Later it was termed as Player V Player or Player v Environment.  Apparently a non PVP game requires an name as well. The simple lack of distinction should be enough.

But this isn't a map or arena where people run around specifically to just hunt, kill other players or capture a flag or to score points.

You also have to build your character up, learn new technology, upgrade skills, gather resources to build weapons for siege and ship combat.  And eat, drink etc.  Much like in Ultima Online.. so perhaps we used the wrong term back then and now. Perhaps we should have termed Uo as a Survivor game.  Wether a game is mmo or mp with a few players, factions or freestyle doesn't really matter.  People seem to think that there's a specific definition to what pvp entails, there is.  You kill other players.  How you get to that position is what most people are discussing, not the "meaning of what pvp is" but how you do it.  Do you do it with rules? Or is it really purely freestyle.. if you just play as you see fit, surely you're gonna end up ruining your own gameplay as eventually the losers will quit and you'll have noone to fight.  It's all part n parcel of the entire environment.  So you could equally term a pvp game as a pve game.  Only killing players is part of the environment.

It also has a lot to do with political contentions of now versus then, many of us are over 30 or over 50.. some are only 15-20.  We all have different views due to our experience of what and how something should be done and why.

Much of what people argue over, they actually agree with, they just misunderstand or misread what is said.  And then repeat it exactly themselves.  And it spirals as an argument.  If you laid out all the replies in this thread on a board.. much like all the replies in all of the threads.  You'd find there's only 2-3 viewpoints being discussed, yet we have 7 pages in this thread alone.  What we should have is 2-3 posts per thread with alot of people either agreeing or disagreeing with them using the little emotes.

You are right this is what I would term a full strategic PVP game. Its not a quick game and your actions can have effects for weeks. Its the best form of PVP in that your actions inflict a real cost on the enemy that involves time and effort rather then just waiting for the next round to start.

• Like 1

PKing was used when a player killed you in a way you could not react. When you where fighting a mob, walked outside a save zone. Never used it in a normal 'PvP' fight. Today they would call you a cheater our camper.

UO great game for skilled PvP fights, hidding you stuff under layers of useless stuff. So the thief class had to move it all and you had time to react and kill.... The great faction fights..

Train magic . And sword skill go down. Train sword and magic go down. A missing the skill based system. Lvl system sucks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, awakatanka said:

PKing was used when a player killed you in a way you could not react. When you where fighting a mob, walked outside a save zone. Never used it in a normal 'PvP' fight. Today they would call you a cheater our camper.

UO great game for skilled PvP fights, hidding you stuff under layers of useless stuff. So the thief class had to move it all and you had time to react and kill.... The great faction fights..

Train magic . And sword skill go down. Train sword and magic go down. A missing the skill based system. Lvl system sucks.

Used to love that you could booby trap your stuff, put it in a box, if the guy who killed you wasn't skilled in lockpicking.. boom! haha.. awesome.

Yeh pk'ing was often referring to the more oppurtunistic forms of pvp,  stealth attacks etc. Something I excelled at in wow, killing hunters esp as a rogue. That was great fun. Also playing as a hunter, trying not to get killed by rogues..

But I tend to feel it's all young blood stuff these days, my reactions aren't as fast nor my thoughts, so I tend to let others do the fighting and I'm happy to just supply them with the weapons and armour to do it with.  Maybe the odd whisper in their ear  "that guy says you're a noob who sux, I think you should go beat on him"

Edited by Martyn

15 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

PVE and PVP are like oil and water they do not go together. You can't be both a PVP player and a PVE player you are either one or the other in your case its the latter.

Incorrect, and only a moron thinks this way.  This is like saying that anyone who enjoys PvP multiplayer, cannot also enjoy the single player campaign...because ya know, there's no PvP in it.

I think you should stick to back stabbing.  Thinking is not your strong suit.