Sign in to follow this  
Bandit_Black

Every MEGA is going Colonies

Reading these comments, I am now fully aware why so many of the hardcore PvPers that I know, won't come to play this.

First and foremost, offline raiding does not make you hardcore.  Being in the Mega that attacks a small company, does not make you hardcore.  Purposely joining a small company to fight on the underdog's side...that's hardcore.  Some of these kids just don't know what hardcore is.

Second, hardcore PvPers don't play games that force you to whack trees and stones for days, to be able to build a ship to go out and fight with.  They don't play games that reward time invested, over skill, and this game does exactly that due to the BPs, and grinding.

This game is going to suffer what EVE suffered, and had to create some fixes for.  People will not want to join the game when the launch happens.  Not unless there is a pre-launch wipe.  So expect legacy server, and new server, so that they don't have to anger anyone with a wipe.  But that just delays things.  People will join, make a ship, hit the enemy ship, do little damage, and get panels stripped by the first hit from the enemy.  Then they will leave.  Word will spread that you can't compete as a new company, so new companies won't come.  I've seen it before in games like this.  Every game like this suffers after a short while, because the players demand to be rewarded for their time and effort, but then this means new companies can't compete.  Within 3 to 6 months, the Megas will be running Mythical ships, meaning one or two good Brigantine can hold off an entire fleet of Vanilla ships that a new company makes.

EVE had to address the issue, and appears to have done so, but growth was still stymied.  And then there is WWIIOL: Battleground Europe, where after a short period of playing, you have access to all the best weapons.  It's still going after 18 years.  Why?  Because it is well balanced.

It's the nature of the beast.  I have said it before, and will say it again, Meta gamers kill games.  They never learned as kids that games must have balance in order to thrive.  I learned as a kid that it worked best when we divided into even teams...evenly skilled.  Kids today don't understand the concept, so they instead, try to divide into a team with the best players, so they can roll the other teams.  The problem comes when the other teams get the message that they will be rolled, and so they go find something else to do.  So who do the guys who grouped into the best team play against?  Nobody.

While I was in the Navy, me and my best friend were very good at pool.  Together, we could beat any two of our friends.  So while out with friends, or at a party, we would instead have others pair up with us, and we would play against each other.  This was more fun for everyone, including those who just spectated.  It was also more fun for us.

This game doesn't even have hardcore PvP.  It has bears, and unrealistic ship builds that shouldn't even float.

On 3/21/2019 at 3:41 PM, Back Stabbath said:

With all the big alliances announcing on reddit and the forums how they are just gonna split and circumvent the system on the small company server.

I don't think many small companys will bother returning.

Population will probably be the same as before the wipe announcement and then continue to stagnate unfortunately.

Hope I'm wrong.

I'll probably play both servers and stick with whichever maintains the highest population.

This only proves that those here who claimed that the Megas didn't bother with the small companies, are full of crap.  The truth is, they are afraid to be exposed for what they are.  They fear having to go up against other Megas.  It proves that they are not hardcore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/20/2019 at 12:52 PM, Spyrit said:

Can you explain to me how offline raiding constitutes PVP? That's PVE.

Not according to Bullet Force.  According to him, that's HARDCORE PVP.  LOL

On 3/23/2019 at 12:29 PM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Not according to Bullet Force.  According to him, that's HARDCORE PVP.  LOL

Well playing on a sever where two thirds of the day is PVE is not exactly a PVP server now is it champ.

Btw hows the Aesthetic Bases Volume II video coming along? Will the bases have turrets this time around? :classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

Edited by Bullet Force

18 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Well playing on a sever where two thirds of the day is PVE is not exactly a PVP server now is it champ.

Btw hows  theAesthetic Bases Volume II video coming along? Will the bases have turrets this time around? :classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

There is 24/7 PvP outside of Settlements. 

Edited by Willard

7 hours ago, Willard said:

There is 24/7 PvP outside of Settlements. 

Your trying to dodge the core issue and its not working. We all know settlements will be where the majority of folks on that server will be playing and for those folks they can't get any PVP for two thirds of the day. That is mighty disappointing for a so called "PVP" server.

HaHa yes. Thats why they will change to the Empire server after the failure concept of the Colonies server becomes obvious to these with lower mental capacity.

Learning by injuries..always works for the majority of sheep.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Talono said:

HaHa yes. Thats why they will change to the Empire server after the failure concept of the Colonies server becomes obvious to these with lower mental capacity.

no people won't. hf on empty server coward

3 hours ago, Talono said:

I still can´t believe how arrogant piece of shit you are ... Majority of players (yes, 90%+) doesn´t want 24/7 pvp aka offline raiding, are you able to comprehend that? Oh you already deleted your topic with a poll because it showed you are not the majority didn´t you? 

And now you are writing about how people have "lower mental capacity" because they don´t want offline raiding. Jesus man, gtfo. Go mesh someone in ARK which surely makes you feel special and pro and stop insult people here on Atlas forums. 

Edited by Willard

26 minutes ago, Willard said:

I still can´t believe how arrogant piece of shit you are ... Majority of players (yes, 90%+) doesn´t want 24/7 pvp aka offline raiding, are you able to comprehend that? Oh you already deleted your topic with a poll because it showed you are not the majority didn´t you? 

And now you are writing about how people have "lower mental capacity" because they don´t want offline raiding. Jesus man, gtfo. Go mesh someone in ARK which surely makes you feel special and pro and stop insult people here on Atlas forums. 

There is more then you think in these forums, try talking to them in discord ... MUTE! ban.... At 20 half of them are still children

Don't look too deep into this guys, because we do not know exactly what they are planning it is very vague the information.

Its announced but it can be changed on the fly, when it hits ptr...

Insulting each other is not worth it, because in the end everyone is made to look like a fool when they change it all on us.

• Like 1

Pvp server means freedom. Now that freedom is taken away. 

What we have now is half pvp/half pve server and I'll try it but sounds really limiting to say the least.

Instead of playing in bigger companies, the vocal minority got ORP and carebear rules. I'll try it but can't imagine this game will go anywhere like that.

Because everyone needs to play where the pop is, and that will be colonies. Empire server is dead on arrival for various reasons.

Edited by Bandit_Black
  • Like 1

Colonie is the best for everyone. This shitty offline pvp (lol it isn´t pvp) was dogshit. Even the mega tribes (where i play) were frustrated about that fact. It´s clearly not fun and it´s not the game we like to play. We wanna explore, craft, breed and set sail too. PvP against player is much more fun than raiding bases. Ship or siege battles are great when it comes to real pvp.

6 hours ago, Bandit_Black said:

What we have now is half pvp/half pve server and I'll try it but sounds really limiting to say the least.

Instead of playing in bigger companies, the vocal minority got ORP and carebear rules. I'll try it but can't imagine this game will go anywhere like that.

Because everyone needs to play where the pop is, and that will be colonies. Empire server is dead on arrival for various reasons.

Yep. Not only that but in Colonies it will be much harder as a small tribe to do well. They can no longer launch sneak or surprise attacks on the more numerous mega tribes. Their only option they have in that mode is to launch a frontal assault against superior numbers and a much wealthier tribe. Just about anything tactician will tell you that is something in the laws of war that you must never do. 

Edited by Bullet Force

5 hours ago, Bandit_Black said:

That isn’t really the minority then is it?

i mean think about that for a second. If it was the minority that wanted it then only the minority would go there.

you said people would follow where the most people went but if just the minority went there then empire servers would be full and flourishing.

megas wouldn’t bother going to the colony servers because most people wouldn’t go there.

its time you realized the Megas are the minority, that is why they have to go to the colonies. They have to change their way of life if they want to play with the majority.

”the vocal minority” lol I love it when people say that. Sorry man, this new revamp shows who the minority is and there is the proof. 

25 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

Yep. Not only that but in Colonies it will be much harder as a small tribe to do well. They can no longer launch sneak or surprise attacks on the more numerous mega tribes. Their only option they have in that mode is to launch a frontal assault against superior numbers and a much wealthier tribe. I'm just about anything tactician will tell you that is something in the laws of war that you must never do. 

Expect it’s a game. That’s all it is. People that play games are nerds. They aren’t tough guys. 

All that still doesn’t change the fact that people want to go to sleep at night and have their stuff be there. The smaller companies aren’t going to care if they lose in a pvp battle because they will finally get to have some pvp fun instead of waking up and their stuff being gone.

i can’t believe you are trying to speak for the small companies 😂 they are finally getting what they want and you just don’t want them to have it.

they want pvp. Now they will get pvp. They don’t care about being sneaky or underhanded. They just want to play the game and have fun. They also already know full well they won’t win against a mega but it will be fun trying which is a lot better than your base getting destroyed while you are sleeping.

not everybody has to win to have fun dude. Time to let it go

57 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

Yep. Not only that but in Colonies it will be much harder as a small tribe to do well. They can no longer launch sneak or surprise attacks on the more numerous mega tribes. Their only option they have in that mode is to launch a frontal assault against superior numbers and a much wealthier tribe. I'm just about anything tactician will tell you that is something in the laws of war that you must never do. 

Yea that's kind of the point, you have to actually beat your opponents by being better then them at PvP. I really don't understand why it is so hard for you to comprehend a lot of us prefer fighting our opponent and not the bases they have built.

1 minute ago, Pant said:

Yea that's kind of the point, you have to actually beat your opponents by being better then them at PvP. I really don't understand why it is so hard for you to comprehend a lot of us prefer fighting our opponent and not the bases they have built.

You are very much missing the point here. You have 5 players they have 50. If you use superior tactics its quite hard to to come out on top against such odds.

Also surprise/sneak attacks does not automatically translate into "offline attacks", no rather it means that you attack your enemy when and where they are at their weakest. Against a larger/mega tribe that would mean an outlying island where there is only a few players of theirs online or you attack a base that hasn't finished building its defenses and so forth. Basically it means you adopt a more tactical strategy rather then simply sailing into the wind head long at an enemy that out numbers you.

6 hours ago, Bandit_Black said:

If you want freedom i suggest you set up your own server where you have the freedom to what ever you want. I don't even understand why i have to point this out but if the vocal minority wants colonies and everyone else wants empire then surely the empire server will be fine no? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

You are very much missing the point here. You have 5 players they have 50. If you use superior tactics its quite hard to to come out on top against such odds.

Also surprise/sneak attacks does not automatically translate into "offline attacks", no rather it means that you attack your enemy when and where they are at their weakest. Against a larger/mega tribe that would mean an outlying island where there is only a few players of theirs online or you attack a base that hasn't finished building its defenses and so forth. Basically it means you adopt a more tactical strategy rather then simply sailing into the wind head long at an enemy that out numbers you.

Yes so your 5 just have to be better then their 50. This is what you don't comprehend at all, some people much prefer being the underdog because the victory feels a hundred times better.

If sneak attack does not translate into offline attacks then surely you can still attack their outlying base while they are doing other stuff. I don't understand your argument at all. 

Edited by Pant

The only thing that drive me away from this game is the exploiters, if i get wiped by a zerg i atleast get some PvP. If i have to start over, ofc it sucks, but its part of the game, just because i loose a CSGO or PUBG game dosent mean i quit the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Knivet said:

The only thing that drive me away from this game is the exploiters, if i get wiped by a zerg i atleast get some PvP. If i have to start over, ofc it sucks, but its part of the game, just because i loose a CSGO or PUBG game dosent mean i quit the game.

Even I can agree with this. Exploiters was/still could be an issue. That's definitely the biggest thing pushing pop away.

Just yesterday the clan kraken flame carted a whole pen of tamed bears through a wall. Many aimbotters about from various companies. 

Why is exploiting/hacking the last thing devs will deal with? Maybe because they require too much evidence for bans?

5 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Yep. Not only that but in Colonies it will be much harder as a small tribe to do well. They can no longer launch sneak or surprise attacks on the more numerous mega tribes. Their only option they have in that mode is to launch a frontal assault against superior numbers and a much wealthier tribe. Just about anything tactician will tell you that is something in the laws of war that you must never do. 

that's bullshit.

6 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

The difference between colonies and empire: Now, you have to use ur brain. Wanna attack the big fish with the knowledge u will fk up after this? Sry bro, but there weren´t that much small tribes who fought the big fish. It will give more pvp action to everyone, but small tribes will lose anyway.

Edited by Caine

On 3/22/2019 at 10:45 PM, Bullet Force said:

Btw hows the Aesthetic Bases Volume II video coming along? Will the bases have turrets this time around? :classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

First, you seem to be unaware, operating out of mom's basement, and having no life outside the game...2/3 of the day, there was no PvP to be had anyway.  People who have a life outside of the game, have jobs, and need to sleep.   You still haven't learned that PvO is NOT PvP.  No game is going to last if it is a contest of who can stay up the latest.  That's not a game, and that's not PvP.  Maybe you should stick to back stabbing allies, and leave the critical, outside the box thinking to the rest of us.

As for aesthetic bases, having the ability to create art is not a bad thing.  Sad that you have no talents in this area.  If you did, you would appreciate art.  Art comes in many forms.  What is mind boggling is seeing people build plain, ordinary PvP type bases on PvE.  I have made both PvE and PvP bases.  The PvP bases are ugly, and boring to look at.  So after watching an aesthetic build on YouTube, I decided to give it a try, and succeeded in creating impressive structures.  I receive, to this day, many compliments on them.  So I find it comical that you would think that I care what some back stabber thinks about my builds.  Nobody likes you.  You don't seem to understand that.

6 hours ago, Caine said:

The difference between colonies and empire: Now, you have to use ur brain. Wanna attack the big fish with the knowledge u will fk up after this? Sry bro, but there weren´t that much small tribes who fought the big fish. It will give more pvp action to everyone, but small tribes will lose anyway.

Depends on how they work it.  If they take the advice many have given, and not allow Alliances to in effect, create Mega Companies, then your prediction will not come true.  There will be no Megas.  The difference between the big fish, and the little fish, will be much less than was previously seen.  This is what the Devs are after.  Any attempt by Megas to circumvent this, should come with bans from the game.

On 3/26/2019 at 8:54 AM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

First, you seem to be unaware, operating out of mom's basement, and having no life outside the game...2/3 of the day, there was no PvP to be had anyway.  People who have a life outside of the game, have jobs, and need to sleep.   You still haven't learned that PvO is NOT PvP.  No game is going to last if it is a contest of who can stay up the latest.  That's not a game, and that's not PvP.  Maybe you should stick to back stabbing allies, and leave the critical, outside the box thinking to the rest of us.

As for aesthetic bases, having the ability to create art is not a bad thing.  Sad that you have no talents in this area.  If you did, you would appreciate art.  Art comes in many forms.  What is mind boggling is seeing people build plain, ordinary PvP type bases on PvE.  I have made both PvE and PvP bases.  The PvP bases are ugly, and boring to look at.  So after watching an aesthetic build on YouTube, I decided to give it a try, and succeeded in creating impressive structures.  I receive, to this day, many compliments on them.  So I find it comical that you would think that I care what some back stabber thinks about my builds.  Nobody likes you.  You don't seem to understand that.

Depends on how they work it.  If they take the advice many have given, and not allow Alliances to in effect, create Mega Companies, then your prediction will not come true.  There will be no Megas.  The difference between the big fish, and the little fish, will be much less than was previously seen.  This is what the Devs are after.  Any attempt by Megas to circumvent this, should come with bans from the game.

You've let the cat out of the bag with that one Mr PVE.

I find it funny players like you that that try to build beautiful bases on PVP. It always ends in tear every time. I played 3 years of ARK and every time some new group would join the server I would go past their base and that would tell me in an instant what kind of player I would be dealing with here. By looking at the buildings, how they have placed, what they have done what they have not done, what they tamed, you can get a pretty good insight into the mentality of that player/tribe.

It was always very easy to spot the players that had come from a PVE server or had a PVE "background". They always started off huge. A large grid of foundations, a very big ambitious base but often in a poor choice of location far from resources. The design itself was always entirely non functional and pointless. From little quaint medieval towers that created blind spots to glass walls so they could admire the view. They stood out like black sheep. More often then not they wouldn't even add any kind of defenses to their monstrosity and those did so placed them so poorly in most cases that you could just run up to the base of the walls and be safe. 

It always a breeze to raid a base made by a PVE player. Not only would the defenses be weak or non existent but when you broke through to the vault room to find 20 vaults they would be all neatly labelled complete with signposts telling you exactly what is in each. It was so easy it was criminal.

24 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

You've let the cat out of the bag with that one Mr PVE.

I find it funny players like you that that try to build beautiful bases on PVP. It always ends in tear every time. I played 3 years of ARK and every time some new group would join the server I would go past their base and that would tell me in an instant what kind of player I would be dealing with here. By looking at the buildings, how they have placed, what they have done what they have not done, what they tamed, you can get a pretty good insight into the mentality of that player/tribe.

It was always very easy to spot the players that had come from a PVE server or had a PVE "background". They always started off huge. A large grid of foundations, a very big ambitious base but often in a poor choice of location far from resources. The design itself was always entirely non functional and pointless. From little quaint medieval towers that created blind spots to glass walls so they could admire the view. They stood out like black sheep. More often then not they wouldn't even add any kind of defenses to their monstrosity and those did so placed them so poorly in most cases that you could just run up to the base of the walls and be safe. 

It always a breeze to raid a base made by a PVE player. Not only would the defenses be weak or non existent but when you broke through to the vault room to find 20 vaults they would be all neatly labelled complete with signposts telling you exactly what is in each. It was so easy it was criminal

First you call him a PVEer, then go on to assume he builds PVE bases on PVP servers, even after he says he doesn’t like the looks of his own PVP bases.