Sign in to follow this  
Bandit_Black

Every MEGA is going Colonies

1 hour ago, Willard said:

There should be a way how to protect your ships against offline cannon bears. There isn´t rn, that´s why a lot of people quit including our pretty big company. Ships are what this game should be about. No way to protect them = no reason to play if you are unable to be online 24/7. 

Bases? Griefer really doesn´t care about your base. He just wants to do some easy damage which is ofc offline sinking your ships. 

pretty accurate. the best solution i found was to anchor close to other ships not owned by leaders/admins lol. I don't know about other company's policies but it's mandatory that we have npc defenses on every ship. Medium cannons w/explosive barrels worked well but at the end of the day, if you don't have anyone online at all defending, it doesn't really matter...your shit is going to sink. 

I actually enjoyed figuring out how to bust into bases. The rewards were sometimes amazing and it helped me learn more about building my own. Found my 1st legendary large speed sail BP from cstg on K-4.

With all the big alliances announcing on reddit and the forums how they are just gonna split and circumvent the system on the small company server.

I don't think many small companys will bother returning.

Population will probably be the same as before the wipe announcement and then continue to stagnate unfortunately.

Hope I'm wrong.

I'll probably play both servers and stick with whichever maintains the highest population.

2 hours ago, Willard said:

There should be a way how to protect your ships against offline cannon bears. There isn´t rn, that´s why a lot of people quit including our pretty big company. Ships are what this game should be about. No way to protect them = no reason to play if you are unable to be online 24/7. 

Bases? Griefer really doesn´t care about your base. He just wants to do some easy damage which is ofc offline sinking your ships. 

Smaller companies also need to stop building way more ships than they need. If you cant man 3 brigs at once you shouldnt have 3 sitting there waiting to be blown up.

Build one. Have 2 in " storage".  Planks canno ns etc ready to go . So if you lose one you just throw it together quick.

Build smart . Thi I about what you would raid if you were a raider and DoNt put your shit in there lol.

Gotta think outside the box. If someone wants inside your base they are gonna get in. 

If they think there is nothing inside they are t gonna waste thier time.

Spread your shit around so its bit worth it to raid etc.

1 hour ago, Back Stabbath said:

Smaller companies also need to stop building way more ships than they need. If you cant man 3 brigs at once you shouldnt have 3 sitting there waiting to be blown up.

Build one. Have 2 in " storage".  Planks canno ns etc ready to go . So if you lose one you just throw it together quick.

Build smart . Thi I about what you would raid if you were a raider and DoNt put your shit in there lol.

Gotta think outside the box. If someone wants inside your base they are gonna get in. 

It’s better if they change the entire sail/ship mechanic. Making the ships way more realistic and more costly, so there’s an actual good risk/reward system. Because with the current animals and the low ship cost there’s 0 challenge in making or building a ship and it keeps the ship spam up. 

Regardless of ship cost you shouldnt have an unnecessary amount of ships anchored .

Have everything you need to build the ships ready to go in a kit.

Lose a ship and you can pop one up super fast.

Why have it sitting anchored when you dont have the man  power to sail it.

Sitting waiting to be sunk.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Back Stabbath said:

This has nothing to do with being unable to defend ships/base while being offline. Doesn't matter if someone offlines 2 or 10 ships. For so many its just not worth the effort. Its an mmo, you level up your ships, you invest a lot of resources to legendary ships etc. and then 1 idiot with cannon bear is able to sink it no matter what defensives u got.

I really dont need anyone to teach me how to play. We've tried everything to stop offline griefes. There is simply no way. The only protection is not being offline.

Not anymore finally.

Edited by Willard

On 3/21/2019 at 3:51 AM, Back Stabbath said:

Killing the population of a game you enjoy using mass numbers doesnt make you smart or good.

It makes you stupid.

No population= no fun= dead game.

The problem is you cloaked PVE players will never be happy. Every time they lose a battle/get wiped they go on the forum and demand new rules that they think will help them in game but in reality it won't, it will just keep their mediocrity stable. If the devs were to bow down to every demand from this group then PVP servers would end up having a permissions system where you have to ask the guy you are attacking if they agree to it :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

only fights buildings. constantly calls people who want pvp pve'ers.

ernjoy your dead server.

Your zerg tell you yet they are playing colonies? idiot.

you would rather quit tho right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

The problem is you cloaked PVE players will never be happy. Every time they lose a battle/get wiped they go on the forum and demand new rules that they think will help them in game but in reality it won't, it will just keep their mediocrity stable. If the devs were to bow down to every demand from this group then PVP servers would end up having a permissions system where you have to ask the guy you are attacking if they agree to it :classic_laugh:

The major complaints on PvP were about offline raiding, nothing else. Being offline wiped doesn´t mean "losing a battle". It means some pathetic looser PvEd you down without any battle.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Willard said:

The major complaints on PvP were about offline raiding, nothing else. Being offline wiped doesn´t mean "losing a battle". It means some pathetic looser PvEd you down without any battle.

Look as soon as the Colonies server starts there will be complaints about "teaming" and "megas" and "griefers" + all the other buzzwords. The whole offline thing anyway was exaggerated nonsense whipped up by people that were looking for something to blame for why they lost. I had base in a Lawless sever for about 5 weeks, it never got hit once. If you know where and how to build you'll never get offlined. 

Colonies might have made offline raiding technically impossible but it will just be swapped with online zerging ie hundreds of players attacking you in the raid window which will end with the same result - a lot of tears. 

Mega tribes will rightly rule the roost once more even with tribe player limits. ARK tried limit tribe numbers and it failed and I suspect the same will apply here. Unless you have active admins enforcing it  players will just go around it.

Edited by Bullet Force
  • Like 1

Offlining was not exaggerated. Read the forums. Reddits. Different forums of dif gaming communities.

You are isolated by your zerg. And kind of dense tbh. It's the main reason for the lack if population.

I have no doubt the zergs will do thier best to drive any returning population from the game. 

Hopefully it doesnt happen. But my faith isn't too high.

Wont affect my playstyle personally but I want population.if they kill the game again, so be it, there will be another wipe   or the game will fold.

• Like 1

But I'm not asking for in game restrictions. 

I'm just calling you guys zergling shitties. 😉

Personally I enjoy fighting you retards.

I just hate that you drive the population away and kill the game. Esp when they made a fukin server just for you.

I plan on having toons on both servers.

I will end up where the most fun and population is. If either survives.

I am smart enough to see that offlining protection tion was needed to stop the game from dieing. 

Doesnt mean I personally needed it. Some people are intelligent enough to recognize a game breaking feature when they see one.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

But I'm not asking for in game restrictions. 

I'm just calling you guys zergling shitties. 😉

Personally I enjoy fighting you retards.

I just hate that you drive the population away and kill the game. Esp when they made a fukin server just for you.

I plan on having toons on both servers.

I will end up where the most fun and population is. If either survives.

I am smart enough to see that offlining protection tion was needed to stop the game from dieing. 

Doesnt mean I personally needed it. Some people are intelligent enough to recognize a game breaking feature when they see one.

You should do some research. Pick any game that is similar to this be it Rust, ARK or Conan. Then go and join a private server with offline protection and raid timers (if you can find one that isn't dead). Give it a shot for a few weeks. Then after that if you are still a passionate supporter for this kind of system sure by all means join the Colonies server. 

Edited by Bullet Force

I have .over 4000 hours on rust. Dont ever compare it to Ark plz.

Ark is a pve/pvo game.

You are comparing apples to oranges. If you want a survival game that wipes every week. Fuck ya I'm down

But get rid of the skilless pvp , the tames  that remove all skill from any land base pvp encounter, the grinding,  

Add some FUN to actual pvp encounters. And reduce the map size by 50 fold. And wipe at least once a month.

Fuck are you dumb.

They are trying to build an mmo.

An mmo should have long standing wars. Years of content not a month. Wars that span fucking months. A REAL mmo dude. Not a fuking survival server clone. 

That is your problem. You are clueless. 

You are all right. Zergs only exist to find your base and steal your things while you sleep.

Beware of the zergs. We will watch and wait and prey on the weak. For as soon as you log out your base is ours. Hahahaha

Seriously though, you know why people group together then are categorized a zerg?

So we can defend our bases. The game is more fun in a group. Not in your little 4 man/solo squads. Are we smarter, more sociable, think big picture? Yes it sounds like it. This game is geared toward clans, not solo players.

So keep thinking that clans with numbers (zergs defined by players without) only want to make players not play the game. Be coddled by the devs because you lack the will or want to play the game in a strong group.

edit: My zerg is recruiting on EU PVP, I'm US player, NA welcome (Players from every country here)  - Bandit#3138

Edited by Bandit_Black

2 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Look as soon as the Colonies server starts there will be complaints about "teaming" and "megas" and "griefers" + all the other buzzwords. The whole offline thing anyway was exaggerated nonsense whipped up by people that were looking for something to blame for why they lost. I had base in a Lawless sever for about 5 weeks, it never got hit once. If you know where and how to build you'll never get offlined. 

Colonies might have made offline raiding technically impossible but it will just be swapped with online zerging ie hundreds of players attacking you in the raid window which will end with the same result - a lot of tears. 

Mega tribes will rightly rule the roost once more even with tribe player limits. ARK tried limit tribe numbers and it failed and I suspect the same will apply here. Unless you have active admins enforcing it  players will just go around it.

How are you going to build "smart" harbor which is defended against offline griefer with a bear? Tell me, thanks. This game should be, ehm, ehm, about ships, you know? Not about some fuckin "smart" base on top of the mountain. It´s not ARK, you can´t hide your ships inside your base behind 150 autoturrets like dinos in ARK. 

Edited by Willard

28 minutes ago, Bandit_Black said:

You are all right. Zergs only exist to find your base and steal your things while you sleep.

Beware of the zergs. We will watch and wait and prey on the weak. For as soon as you log out your base is ours. Hahahaha

Seriously though, you know why people group together then are categorized a zerg?

So we can defend our bases. The game is more fun in a group. Not in your little 4 man/solo squads. Are we smarter, more sociable, think big picture? Yes it sounds like it. This game is geared toward clans, not solo players.

So keep thinking that clans with numbers (zergs defined by players without) only want to make players not play the game. Be coddled by the devs because you lack the will or want to play the game in a strong group.

edit: My zerg is recruiting on EU PVP, I'm US player, NA welcome (Players from every country here)  - Bandit#3138

Blobs of sheep chasing the other sheep away.

Leaving the wolves with nothing to do.

Zerg is a slang term for a group of low-level gamers who depend on overwhelming numbers to achieve victory, rather than relying on technique or strategy. The term is most often used in the context of online role-playing and strategy games, but it also applies to multiplayer first-person shooters. Gamers essentially team up and agree to attack a specific opponent at the same time. By forming a zerg, the gamers can usually kill an enemy while taking general – but not fatal – damage as a group. This strategy itself is known as zerging.

2 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Zerg is a slang term for a group of low-level gamers who depend on overwhelming numbers to achieve victory, rather than relying on technique or strategy. The term is most often used in the context of online role-playing and strategy games, but it also applies to multiplayer first-person shooters. Gamers essentially team up and agree to attack a specific opponent at the same time. By forming a zerg, the gamers can usually kill an enemy while taking general – but not fatal – damage as a group. This strategy itself is known as zerging.

In other words its called "a winning strategy".

2 hours ago, Back Stabbath said:

Blobs of sheep chasing the other sheep away.

Leaving the wolves with nothing to do.

A blob of sheep is still a predator as long as they bite hard.

Call them zergs if you will, at the end of the day its a versatile army working toward the same goals.

Edited by Bandit_Black

1 hour ago, Bandit_Black said:

In other words its called "a winning strategy".

A blob of sheep is still a predator as long as they bite hard.

Call them zergs if you will, at the end of the day its a versatile army working toward the same goals.

Well at least you agree with @Back Stabbath.

Apparently in Ark that was a respectable strategy. Its unfortunate becuase it solidifies what an absolute POS Ark actuly is as a game, and what a terrible community it has gathered.

Perhaps I should ease up. It might be too arogant of me to say. Just becuase I dont need overwhelming numbers of low level players to have a winning strategy doesnt mean a mega with only low level players has any choice.

And again, its only the fast travel that facilitates the zergs anyways. Take that away and most if not all of these zergs cant even sail ships to your square successfully.

15 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Well at least you agree with @Back Stabbath.

Apparently in Ark that was a respectable strategy. Its unfortunate becuase it solidifies what an absolute POS Ark actuly is as a game, and what a terrible community it has gathered.

Perhaps I should ease up. It might be too arogant of me to say. Just becuase I dont need overwhelming numbers of low level players to have a winning strategy doesnt mean a mega with only low level players has any choice.

And again, its only the fast travel that facilitates the zergs anyways. Take that away and most if not all of these zergs cant even sail ships to your square successfully.

I understand the point you are making. However, its a broad generalization at best to say that each of big clan that every existed in Ark or Atlas is comrpised of low skill players. I can tell you from experience this isn't the case. If anything the experience gotten from the end game raiding and pve is enough to bump those players out of low skill status alone.

Having a bigger army and in this case a bigger social group not only helps protect your stuff while you log off and have a real life but adds to the fun and friendship while in the gameplay as well.

I do understand your point you are getting at. I've mainly always played in groups of 10 or so in Ark and its bitten me in the ass more times than I can count but I preferred my close friends and not to be lost in the numbers.

Atlas is a different beast and I knew coming in this wasn't a game you could get by in with small numbers without losing sleep if you wanted to keep playing and maintain. I was right and its paid off.

The thing is, anytime anyone outnumbers the opponent, the term zerg is used. So in all fairness, don't expect this to be an arena game where the odds are always even. Here the bigger army has the advantage, bigger army, bigger clan, or zerg if you prefer the term.

If every single island has a zerg I'll be happy as fuck. 

I'll change my toons name to zerg. I just want a population.

Hoping the game doesnt turn Into a gost town again.

They made a server for large groups..then all they large groups announce they are all going on the server specifically made for smaller groups  

I'm just pointing out how this may affect the returning smaller groups .

How people dont see this...I donno.

I'm play9ng on both and will stay where the population is.

I can adapt.

Pretty sure when smaller groups see all the huge groups are going to colonies server they wont move back. 

Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Back Stabbath

Maybe they will say fuck it and move to empire server and the population explodes there?

Jesus ...maybe fukin Bullet proof is right...

I'd be happy with that.

As long as one of these fukin servers has people floating around the seas .