Sign in to follow this  
Bandit_Black

Every MEGA is going Colonies

Not true. VAST majority of players left because of the megas and offline raiding.

I wouldnt expect someo e who was a part of the pro lem to recognize it

Giant zergs offling and zergling entire zones . Leaving islands barren. No land available anywhere . Forcing smaller clans to either lawless and get offline nightly or join a bunch of people they dont k ow and farm for them. Or quit.  

Your right.had nothing to do with it. 

Edited by Back Stabbath
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

If every mega you know is going colonies, and your at 60+, and I might be wrong, but I think you stated previously that you preferred the old rules set, why not take your guild to the Empire settings and not break up into segments?

This is the actual intent, not to break you up but to put you in the league you prefer to play in. 

Your intention to immediately begin your best efforts to undermine the system and start with a full 2 company alliance is indicative that you fear to compete. Its also possible your setting yourself up for GM retribution on yďťżour company and its members. On top of that, if all the megas do this and drive away those who return to this game and it dies, its your own faults for being short sighted assholes who fear competition soooo much you might as well be Russians.

Also, your not a mega at 50 members, but you certainly are before you get to 100 members. Any company that has to split to go into colonies is a mega, sorry.

-CS

Good questions,

1. Go where the population will be.

2. Old system will be different as claim timers are not diminished per how much you own or how many people you have.

3. Naked claiming wars are stupid - this was always a problem with the old system (Flags should have been craftable

4. The empire server will be dead.

5. I'll have 50 at launch but not everyone is pvp'er - recruiting is not fun. Forcing clans into merges is not healthy for our clan chemistry. Not everyone wants to play 24 hours a day to protect what we own. and would like to sleep peacefully/work/family etc.

6. Better to be a healthy sized fish in a little pond rather than be a small fish in in a shark tank.

While personally will miss the freedom of the old ruleset, the new rules are in the best interest of the majority and I can appreciate that much.

IMO they should not split the servers.

Edited by Bandit_Black
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Killing the population of a game you enjoy using mass numbers doesnt make you smart or good.

It makes you stupid.

No population= no fun= dead game.

After reading this post, I cant tell if I agree, disagree, hate you or like you(you guys in general). lol I see some reason and logic from most everyones side, I see the problems everyones facing and the solutions chosen at first may seem selfish or short-sighted but arent, and are backed up well. 
I think that just kinda made me realize even more that the problem isn't each other, it's just the nature of the game mode being shoved upon us.  

People who left the NA PvP server because of offlining were soft, and as a matter of fact, it was small companies that were doing most of the offlining anyway. I understand that it sucks to lose all your shit and not even be able to defend it but that means your auto-defenses were trash. I highly doubt people left the game after they got offline raided just once. So  those who continually got offlined never learned. You don't have to join a 400+ member company, but you better of joined up with at least another small group or 2 to prevent it from happening again. It's a good thing to meet people in this game.

Lastly, i still see a lot of people shit talking about large companies and to me it's the funniest stuff to read because they are so wrong, and dumb at the same time. Large companies don't go out and zerg smaller companies and "leave islands barren" lmao. Maybe the 40-100 player companies did, but that's because they want to get bigger. But as far as the top 5-6 companies, thats horseshit. If they got attacked by a smaller group then of course, they bring a nice size group and demolish them back but 20x worse... but they do not just go out and say hey, lets take this land and leave the island barren men!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Back Stabbath said:

How did you pick out the good players in dynasty from the shitty ones?

Easy question to answer. Personally, I don't think of ANY players, friend or foe, as a "shitty or a good" player at first. It starts by respecting them because you just don't know. Have to be ready. You engage in a fight, do something unpredictable, and see how they react. Example: Most recently O-12. Dynasty had spent the prior few days invading us on N-12 with little to no success. They went to O-12 to setup a FoB and caught the people living there slackin. They moved in and smashed/burned/sank everything they could and began building a base and defenses. The next day we had a quick meeting, drew up a strat, and headed over. 

It didn't take fuckin 5 minutes before i saw a group of 3 Dynasty members on the south side of the island claiming the flags on the hill. Being the slick prick that i am, i quickly shot 1 in the body and dipped around the backside of the hill to get my flank game on. About 45 seconds later i found all 3 of them laying prone on the top corner of the hill pointing their carbines in the same direction. Right then i knew, these guys should've stuck to pac-man because i'm about to shit on em. Easy kills, shitty players.

I moved north towards their main FoB feeling unstoppable. I spotted the hill past their mortars where they were sniping from and gliding off of so i looked around for a spot to snipe. I looked to my left and i saw Utma and a few of his cronies. I turned the fuck around and zig-zagged my ass as fast i could away. Once safe, i decided that imma flank these bitches too. Well this time it was a mistake. Once i got past the mortars undetected and looked up the mountain, he was standing right there...swinging that god damn bola right in front of me. At that point i was just hoping he didn't take me alive and stick me in a cage. He didn't. I went straight back and fought them for the next 2-3 hours and it was fun. I'm pretty sure i died a different way 5-6 times. good shots, good sword skills...i think it was that spinning slash, shit ton of Hp...and most importantly..at least to me, great shit talk because he could.

The fact that you said auto defences  shows how full of shit you are.

I not only played to the end I am still playing and I saw the empty islands owned by the megas all over the map. And I saw the biggest companies (including dynasty) actively patrolling even the small lawless companies and wiping them just for shits and giggles  while they were offline.

Your full of shit or you dont know wtf your members do. Either way you guys are cancer to the game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SouthSideChicago said:

People who left the NA PvP server because of offlining were soft, and as a matter of fact, it was small companies that were doing most of the offlining anyway. I understand that it sucks to lose all your shit and not even be able to defend it but that means your auto-defenses were trash. I highly doubt people left the game after they got offline raided just once. So  those who continually got offlined never learned. You don't have to join a 400+ member company, but you better of joined up with at least another small group or 2 to prevent it from happening again. It's a good thing to meet people in this game.

Lastly, i still see a lot of people shit talking about large companies and to me it's the funniest stuff to read because they are so wrong, and dumb at the same time. Large companies don't go out and zerg smaller companies and "leave islands barren" lmao. Maybe the 40-100 player companies did, but that's because they want to get bigger. But as far as the top 5-6 companies, thats horseshit. If they got attacked by a smaller group then of course, they bring a nice size group and demolish them back but 20x worse... but they do not just go out and say hey, lets take this land and leave the island barren men!

Wow, trying to blame the small companies now? I will personally vouch for you to get hired on by wildcard. You would fit right in.

you are me new favorite here 😉

1 hour ago, SouthSideChicago said:

Easy question to answer. Personally, I don't think of ANY players, friend or foe, as a "shitty or a good" player at first. It starts by respecting them because you just don't know. Have to be ready. You engage in a fight, do something unpredictable, and see how they react. Example: Most recently O-12. Dynasty had spent the prior few days invading us on N-12 with little to no success. They went to O-12 to setup a FoB and caught the people living there slackin. They moved in and smashed/burned/sank everything they could and began building a base and defenses. The next day we had a quick meeting, drew up a strat, and headed over. 

It didn't take fuckin 5 minutes before i saw a group of 3 Dynasty members on the south side of the island claiming the flags on the hill. Being the slick prick that i am, i quickly shot 1 in the body and dipped around the backside of the hill to get my flank game on. About 45 seconds later i found all 3 of them laying prone on the top corner of the hill pointing their carbines in the same direction. Right then i knew, these guys should've stuck to pac-man because i'm about to shit on em. Easy kills, shitty players.

I moved north towards their main FoB feeling unstoppable. I spotted the hill past their mortars where they were sniping from and gliding off of so i looked around for a spot to snipe. I looked to my left and i saw Utma and a few of his cronies. I turned the fuck around and zig-zagged my ass as fast i could away. Once safe, i decided that imma flank these bitches too. Well this time it was a mistake. Once i got past the mortars undetected and looked up the mountain, he was standing right there...swinging that god damn bola right in front of me. At that point i was just hoping he didn't take me alive and stick me in a cage. He didn't. I went straight back and fought them for the next 2-3 hours and it was fun. I'm pretty sure i died a different way 5-6 times. good shots, good sword skills...i think it was that spinning slash, shit ton of Hp...and most importantly..at least to me, great shit talk because he could.

Respect is earned not given just because. God I wish this was twitter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Back Stabbath said:

I not only played to the end I am still playing and I saw the empty islands owned by the megas all over the map. And I saw the biggest companies (including dynasty) actively patrolling even the small lawless companies and wiping them just for shits and giggles  while they were offline.

Your full of shit or you dont know wtf your members do. Either way you guys are cancer to the game.

What about auto defenses is confusing you? Do you think they don't exist? or maybe you have never seen them? You ever mess with NPC's on puckles, medium cannons,etc?

I also don't quite understand what you meant by "I not only played to the end I am still playing and I saw the empty islands owned by the megas all over the map"

played til the end of what? and empty islands owned by megas? You mean right now? or before they announced the wipe?

I'm sorry you are so angry. Instead of cussing and typing gibberish, how about you either PM me here, jump on discord with me, or just try explaining what you mean with a little more detail.

1 hour ago, Realist said:

I'm just different than you i guess. I respect all video gamers to be honest....and wtf does twitter have to do with anything? lol

5 hours ago, Back Stabbath said:

Do you seriously think a top 10 companies is going to wait to offline some small company for shits and giggles? If we are going to do that we are going to want some entertainment out of it which means its better for us if you are online and secondly offline or online to us it doesn't matter you are dead regardless. We sure aren't going to run up to your thatch hut and say nope can't attack now there is a naked inside with his stone tool retreat!:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Haha, i did not have so much stress with megas, but even better if they all go Colonies. Then i can have more peace on Empires.

People in thatch huts, in bases directly on the beach or in broadside range and people in bear cannon range exactly deserve what they receive from the megas.

These guys also got me in my armored hilltop caverns, but the efforts for them to do this were huge and their reward zero... maybe the satisfaction that they have showed who is the boss. They never came for a second time and all my legendary blueprints are still in the chests.

go play pve or join the real server so people can smash your whiny face bro 😞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, SouthSideChicago said:

I understand that it sucks to lose all your shit and not even be able to defend it but that means your auto-defenses were trash.

Auto defenses are trash at this point for everyone. Puckels with severe rotation restriction and lack of serious punch and swivels easily overcome by snipers. And above all else, this toxic cannon bear meta that could melt puckels 1 by 1 if you decide to offline someone.

Passive defense ATM is trash in ATLAS and this is a huge part of the problem. No matter how you build them, cannon bear will find an angle to destroy the dumb puckle aimbot.

Edit: gods, I do miss bear traps and whips.

Edited by gnihar

On 3/20/2019 at 1:33 AM, Bandit_Black said:

Every EU MEGA I spoke with is going Colonies

My clan of 60+ actives is also going colonies, guess we'll run 2 clans and start recruiting. Not working as intended is it?

/discuss

Actually I think this is the best way to go.  If all the pvpers are members of the same global group, split ingame into say 2-3 different companies, all then pvping in friendly competition with each other, would represent the best gameplay for everyone involved.  As it would always be for fun purposes and not for the goals of antisocial gameplay which so many pvp games tend to cater for.  However, it also brings in the question of exploitation of game rules and game systems that might not be designed for friendly competition to even exist as it might allow competitive groups to "farm" each other for rewards otherwise designed for more unique competition.

Edited by Martyn

8 hours ago, Realist said:

Respect is twisted these days.   There's common politeness and then there's respecting someone for who they are.  Everyone should be polite to each other, but this does not mean you should or do respect them for who they are.  You don't know who they are, how can you respect them for it?  But noone deserves to be treated maliciously, more so, because you don't know anything about them.

7 hours ago, SouthSideChicago said:

What about auto defenses is confusing you? Do you think they don't exist? or maybe you have never seen them? You ever mess with NPC's on puckles, medium cannons,etc?

I also don't quite understand what you meant by "I not only played to the end I am still playing and I saw the empty islands owned by the megas all over the map"

played til the end of what? and empty islands owned by megas? You mean right now? or before they announced the wipe?

I'm sorry you are so angry. Instead of cussing and typing gibberish, how about you either PM me here, jump on discord with me, or just try explaining what you mean with a little more detail.

Auto defences are garbage. anyone with a brain can get by any auto defence  you can create  its a joke. I don't know why you are putting that here. Its silly.

And apparently you believe the islands were populated before they announced the wipe? 

Im not angry at all bro.

Intranets and forums makes it look that way.

8 hours ago, SouthSideChicago said:

Autodefenses don't work properly m8 😉 you can't defend your ships against offline grief no matter how much defensives you got. NPC Puckles/balistas/swivels are outranged by cannon bears, cannons are ineffective against animals. Sorry man, you got no way how to protect yourself while offline. 

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

Well the good old Ark X-plants and Autoturrets.... we miss you !

In Ark i have always been a pirate as well with huge fleets of XPlant battleships. Had by far more ship to ship combat in Ark than in Atlas LOL

Edited by Talono

Can't beat the Mega then pay taxes... Dont wanna pay taxes and hate megas, make a private server for you and your three friends. Pretty simple solution.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willard said:

Autodefenses don't work properly m8 😉 you can't defend your ships against offline grief no matter how much defensives you got. NPC Puckles/balistas/swivels are outranged by cannon bears, cannons are ineffective against animals. Sorry man, you got no way how to protect yourself while offline. 

This is true 100%. but think about it for a second. What i was saying was when do you see large companies go after random's with bear cannons just to shit on them? maybe some do...i dont know...but i know for fact my company didnt do bitch shit like that. I'd like to invite anyone who plays on na pvp server to come visit my base on N-12 and take a look how i have my auto defense setup..It's not perfect but Liquid Flame is more OP than ya think. if a group of 4-5 people came with bear cannons...eventually they would be able to get in, but not gain access to main resource chest and other valuables. Meshing was a real thing in this game.and so was building on top of cliffs/mountains. nothing is unpenetratable in this game, but isn't that the way its supposed to be?

55 minutes ago, Hayzed said:

Can't beat the Mega then pay taxes... Dont wanna pay taxes and hate megas, make a private server for you and your three friends. Pretty simple solution.

Welcome to a dead game. Prob is mechanics favor the megas atm.

Edited by Back Stabbath
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SouthSideChicago said:

This is true 100%. but think about it for a second. What i was saying was when do you see large companies go after random's with bear cannons just to shit on them? maybe some do...i dont know...but i know for fact my company didnt do bitch shit like that. I'd like to invite anyone who plays on na pvp server to come visit my base on N-12 and take a look how i have my auto defense setup..It's not perfect but Liquid Flame is more OP than ya think. if a group of 4-5 people came with bear cannons...eventually they would be able to get in, but not gain access to main resource chest and other valuables. Meshing was a real thing in this game.and so was building on top of cliffs/mountains. nothing is unpenetratable in this game, but isn't that the way its supposed to be?

There should be a way how to protect your ships against offline cannon bears. There isn´t rn, that´s why a lot of people quit including our pretty big company. Ships are what this game should be about. No way to protect them = no reason to play if you are unable to be online 24/7. 

Bases? Griefer really doesn´t care about your base. He just wants to do some easy damage which is ofc offline sinking your ships. 

3 hours ago, Back Stabbath said:

Welcome to a dead game. Prob is mechanics favor the megas atm.

Its not quite dead but numbers returning for season 2 will definitely be in the toilet bowl.

There isn't enough for so many pvp servers.

Megas will have a hard cap on claims? No one knows what that is yet. 10 or 100 or what?

Megas can no longer be sneak attacked during off hours. Basically if you were listed in the top 10, no one attacked you much anyways, this is what I noticed throughout my adventures.

You build on an island you get notification, 1 button wipe on new structures built - good bye FOB.

And what about lawless, is it still the place to raid where you don't piss off some alliance somewhere?

Some things I don't agree with but I'll adapt and give it a chance. Usually more freedom the better, now there is all this regulation involved instead of just giving people the tools to solve the issues themselves. Regulation leads to more regulation leads to more regulation, you'll see.

Edited by Bandit_Black