Empire, Colonies or PVE ?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Empire, Colonies or PVE ?

• Empire
    • Colonies
    • PVE

Which server type will you play ?

Edited by Talono

I think that instead of referring to it just as PvE, they should instead call the PvE variant Adventure(s).

• Like 1

There is also another poll on reddit. As of right NOW it has 240 votes, 216 for colonies at 90%, 24 for empires at 10%. Empires is dead already. A lot of megas have declared for colonies. Just like I and others have be claiming, the old system is a system the vast majority of people do not want. Super minority. The old system drove people away. Most do not want it apparently. Hear that BULLET FORCE? 

Now I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Talono said:

Private PvE, and I assume your poll is only for Officials.

Well if you continue to vote in that direction i will be able to hold several islands solo, very cool how the slaves compete with each other to serve their masters well on Colonies 😂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Talono said:

I already knew it would go that way. But honestly thank you for the poll. It will reinforce my topic 👍

When I want to relax and/or play solo, PvE.

When I play with coworkers and friends, probably Colonies because they aren't into the full on FFA nonsense.

2 hours ago, Talono said:

Well if you continue to vote in that direction i will be able to hold several islands solo, very cool how the slaves compete with each other to serve their masters well on Colonies 😂

I like how you assume everyone will be that "slave" 😉 Where are those "masters" man, those are NPC companies or? 

• Haha 1

Hey 3 players on Empire now, each of us can rule 333 islands ! Jipiehh !

1 minute ago, Talono said:

Hey 3 players on Empire now, each of us can rule 333 islands ! Jipiehh !

They will enjoy a lot of pvp 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wichtelman said:

talon you do know that most of the hardcore players without a job do not write on the forums?`xD

Shhhh. He’s on a roll. I think he just figured out how polls work. Personally I’m waiting for the cake or pie poll.

7 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Shhhh. He’s on a roll. I think he just figured out how polls work. Personally I’m waiting for the cake or pie poll.

You're welcome, Boomer.  ^_^

Large-scale PvP Mode:
ATLAS: Empires

ATLAS: Empires will honor the original ATLAS system with which players are familiar whilst incorporating some small adjustments to the claiming system to address issues players were experiencing. To clarify, ATLAS: Empires’ claiming system will be very similar to the traditional claiming system, but adjusted for maximum speed (increased rates) and no “anti-size” scaling. This will be the go-to hardcore mode for those looking for sandboxy high risk and high reward on a grand scale. We will not be limiting large companies, there will be no scaling based on members and there will be no pvp windows or war system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's an interesting idea that will never work, sadly. Generally speaking, mega-company members don't join mega-companies because they're looking for epic battles against other mega-companies; they join them for safety. How many of the top 10 companies ever actually warred each other? If two ever did, the winner, with their resources depleted, would simply be eaten by one or more of the other eight megas that was smart enough to not battle another mega. It's a form of mutually assured destruction and it's more or less why they exist in the first place.

• Like 2

I want neither of these lol. Why not combine them with a 4th option that gives new claim system with some of the old pvp system. Get rid of raid timers and war tokens and just put in ORP where company logs off their stuff goes invulnerable with a delay and with tweaks so alt companies cant abuse ORP. That way it eliminates offline raiding and allows for pvp 24/7 and stops the claim spam that we use to have. 

Edited by labatts

39 minutes ago, Kast said:

Large-scale PvP Mode:
ATLAS: Empires

ATLAS: Empires will honor the original ATLAS system with which players are familiar whilst incorporating some small adjustments to the claiming system to address issues players were experiencing. To clarify, ATLAS: Empires’ claiming system will be very similar to the traditional claiming system, but adjusted for maximum speed (increased rates) and no “anti-size” scaling. This will be the go-to hardcore mode for those looking for sandboxy high risk and high reward on a grand scale. We will not be limiting large companies, there will be no scaling based on members and there will be no pvp windows or war system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's an interesting idea that will never work, sadly. Generally speaking, mega-company members don't join mega-companies because they're looking for epic battles against other mega-companies; they join them for safety. How many of the top 10 companies ever actually warred each other? If two ever did, the winner, with their resources depleted, would simply be eaten by one or more of the other eight megas that was smart enough to not battle another mega. It's a form of mutually assured destruction and it's more or less why they exist in the first place.

Yeah it’s really pathetic. People try to say they join Megas to get end game content. Nope. They join Megas so they can sleep at night 😂

bunch of pansies really

40 minutes ago, labatts said:

I want neither of these lol. Why not combine them with a 4th option that gives new claim system with some of the old pvp system. Get rid of raid timers and war tokens and just put in ORP where company logs off their stuff goes invulnerable with a delay and with tweaks so alt companies cant abuse ORP. That way it eliminates offline raiding and allows for pvp 24/7 and stops the claim spam that we use to have. 

You know they aren’t capable of doing that right?

not saying it can’t be done, I am just saying it can’t be done by them 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SIEGEGUN said:

There is also another poll on reddit. As of right NOW it has 240 votes, 216 for colonies at 90%, 24 for empires at 10%. Empires is dead already. A lot of megas have declared for colonies. Just like I and others have be claiming, the old system is a system the vast majority of people do not want. Super minority. The old system drove people away. Most do not want it apparently. Hear that BULLET FORCE? 

Now I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. 

Confirmed. We had a poll done and most of us picked colonial since we can just make multiple companies with the name in it.

21 minutes ago, ragnar cook said:

Confirmed. We had a poll done and most of us picked colonial since we can just make multiple companies with the name in it.

And thank god for that. Just good that you have any inconvenience at all really. Plus the raid windows? Gotta love online raiding huh?

sure you will still win but everyone will get to have some fun too. Plus you will have loses as well. 

Sounds like a pretty fun game to me 

2 hours ago, ragnar cook said:

And I sincerely hope circumventing the cap on colonies will be enforced by admins. Otherwise, Colonies will turn into zerg with x companies actually governed by 2 tribes which is toxic and the cause that many of 50k initial solo and small tribes left the game in the first place.

• Like 2

It is no surprise that the megas go Colonies 100%. The lions always follow the zebras or they will starve.

But in the end i am sure that a lot of all the "Colonies testers" will be back on Empire after they really experienced the limitations given by :

- PVP time frame window

- max players in company restriction

- tax slave claim system

- no weapon building if not Island owner

"Learning from wounds".. evil chuckle

FREEDOM FOREVER !

Edited by Talono