Daemon Cross

Who’s coming back after the wipe ?

Daemon I have no idea why you're moaning on, you either play or you don't end of story. I quit playing in the short term yes when they announced the wipe on stream, and? I am in it for the long term, I will be back after the wipe. I know you're very angry at them taking your flags away but go and take it up with them and stop moaning about it on here because that's won't bring them back for you.

• Like 1

Danny, the only way the developers have any idea about anything is from the player base, people comment their issues, ideas, likes and dislikes in the forums, Discord and Twitter and other people either agree or disagree and then normally give their input in return.  I’m no different than anyone else here and if I choose to say something that I disagree with then I have that right. I play everyday unlike you so who has more right to post in the forums,  someone who plays everyday or someone who used to play or someone who doesn’t play at all ?   I believe we all have a equal right to post, complain, praise or give feedback, what makes you so special that you think you can suggest that someone quit playing or quit complaining?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DannyUK said:

If you want a fully released game close to Atlas then I would go and play Ark,

I assume that's a sarcastic joke :D

I do have 6.300h in ARK, and + 5.000h was on officials, and i never, ever, got mi character wiped.

Ark its full of bugs/problems, but at least they never deleted players progression

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daemon Cross said:

I play everyday unlike you so who has more right to post in the forums,  someone who plays everyday or someone who used to play or someone who doesn’t play at all ?

None, the answer is none, no one has more right to post than anyone else, regardless of whether they play or not.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

None, the answer is none, no one has more right to post than anyone else, regardless of whether they play or not.

I've put him on ignore anyway, got sick of his moaning about wipes, it's almost daily on here. If he didn't realise there was going to be no wipes when buying the game that's his fault. I'll be playing again so that's all I'm worried about.

• Thanks 1

there are those who are willing to test betas, and those who aren't. the ones who arent but still try are usually pretty loud about it. PTR has test in the name. its meant to be tested and provided feedback. what they do with that feedback is their choice. Considering the devs said they were going to completely remove claims for pve servers then said instead they were going to revamp claims for PVE, id say they are at least listening to our concerns.

• Like 2

I left the game early on but I am prepared to come back to it with some friends now they have changed everything.

It seems people on here did not read before they bought the game, you are testing the game for these developers, I find it funny how people criticise and get angry about a server wipe.

From reading comments it seems some people think they are above everyone else, everyone has the right to post on these forums. It's a recurring theme from the same people, sometimes I question whether they are here for the game or just the attention, only they know.

• Like 1

My company and I have decided that if we're home, and online, we will rejoin after the patch and try to make a land grab. 

I don't know if we will stay if we can't get land of our own, but we'll see. 

We absolutely do NOT like the way they are doing the claim system with the landlord(overlord, in some cases)/tenant(slave) idea. Honestly, I think they made pve this way on the land claiming because it was easier for the devs to copy/paste the code from pvp, change a few variable names, than to completely rewrite the code necessary to give the pve peoples what they actually asked for/suggested. If I've the right of it, its a lazy way to do a game, and not smart at all because of the sheer number of players they have let down and pissed off. They don't seem to care about us, though... 'hey we're going to wipe the servers after you spent three months working your asses off for what you have, and then we're going to double fuck you by removing the claim system. Oh, You don't like that? you want to just limit the number of claim flags per person per company? Here... Here is a hat skin, and *poof*... Now we'll only allow one claim per whole island and if you aren't the one who claims it, you can be the renter... have fun." 

i mean, honestly, i can't be the only one who sees it like this. Its wrong of the devs to not listen to us, and to give us something that is still the opposite of what we asked for or suggested. 

But those I game with want to at least try to make a land grab, so we'll try. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrMagoo said:

I left the game early on but I am prepared to come back to it with some friends now they have changed everything.

It seems people on here did not read before they bought the game, you are testing the game for these developers, I find it funny how people criticise and get angry about a server wipe.

From reading comments it seems some people think they are above everyone else, everyone has the right to post on these forums. It's a recurring theme from the same people, sometimes I question whether they are here for the game or just the attention, only they know.

Says the a hole who doesn't actually play the game lol. FYI you are the definition of a forum troll (someone who posts all the time yet doesnt actually play the game).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrMagoo said:

Dunno about you, but i didn't get a FREE beta test key/account... And i dont work as a beta tester for SNAIL STUDIOS.

I did PAY, to play a EA game, and as so, myself and anyone are, allowed to say what they think about it.

Thers a BIG difference on doing a full map wipe, and a full character delete, and special, doing changes that the community doesnt want at all...

• Like 1

Me and my friends will come back if the patch comes soon. Few will start an other game and we hope they will not stay there. 

So, we hope that we can play as soon as possible 

On 3/25/2019 at 8:58 PM, Daemon Cross said:

Danny, the only way the developers have any idea about anything is from the player base, people comment their issues, ideas, likes and dislikes in the forums, Discord and Twitter and other people either agree or disagree and then normally give their input in return.  I’m no different than anyone else here and if I choose to say something that I disagree with then I have that right. I play everyday unlike you so who has more right to post in the forums,  someone who plays everyday or someone who used to play or someone who doesn’t play at all ?   I believe we all have a equal right to post, complain, praise or give feedback, what makes you so special that you think you can suggest that someone quit playing or quit complaining?

Nothing wrong with constructive complaining. 

The problem is, it eventually makes everyone depressed and when they get depressed emotions are easily invoked.  Which is why I laugh at some of the worst jokes or sarcastic remarks I see here.   You have every right to complain as everyone else does.  And Danny has every right to tell you not to.  Since both opinions are not mutually exclusive. I personally don't like it when people say "well we have the right to an opinion".  Personally, I think we only have a "right" to the "right" opinion. 😉

Edited by Martyn

10 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Personally, I think we only have a "right" to the "right

this kind of non sense gave a brexit in England so u should use it with precautions

• Haha 2

I voted to leave.. therefore I do believe I was right to do so.

But my point is, the "right opinion" is the truth.  Nothing else matters.  So I could be wrong or right.. but I don't believe I have a right to an opinion based on lies.

Edited by Martyn

Since when is a opinion considered a lie unless it’s not how you really feel and your simply stating what someone else says ?

That’s why I like the community here, we all can be honest with one another and give our honest opinions on the subjects that are troubling people.  It’s when people start assuming they know someone and then begin implying they should leave the game or play something else, it’s those people I find toxic.

Edited by Daemon Cross
  • Haha 1

I'll be coming back, since I'm not totally burnt on Atlas and actually don't mind playing even though there's more wipes coming.  I've never been of the opinion that doing so was a "waste of my efforts" because I have long ago given up the mentality that this should be viewed as "work".  If you enjoy the game play, then that's the reward in itself, even if it's wiped every time you play.  I really enjoy ARK, other than the multitudes of DLC's meaning you have multiple bases to manage, and Atlas simplifies that to a great extent.

However,,,I would like to think that game designers would learn a thing or two from the well known history of player behavior and code in preemptive measures to avoid problems with, in particular, land grabbing.  But NOOO! that doesn't seem to be the case, with ANY game.  I'm currently alpha testing a game that a company named after a river in South America is working on (I think I'm under a NDA...) and right out of the gate players are walling off resources.  Game designers NEVER learn...

Sorry if this is a bit of a necro post, but I don't post much and I do realize that Atlas works better if you don't play solo, so I'm looking to join a PVE company when things get back up.

A game that is considered work shouldn’t be played, World of Warcraft was like that and it took me years to open my eyes enough to realize that life was going on without me, one day I told myself it was just a game, hit the power button, got up and never looked back, I do miss my mounts and other aspects of the game but I’m glad I was able to walk away. 

As far as loosing progress due to a wipe goes, I’m highly against it, it’s not about it being a job but more about starting over again under no choice of my own, some players don’t give any thought about how there characters look, the names they choose or the company they belong to and that’s fine, I on the other hand may restart 20 times because one little detail I missed in creation of the Character annoys the shit out of me, I just can’t focus on anything except that one little flaw that I overlooked. Don’t even get me started on choosing a name, I’ve spent days trying different names that I would be ok with in different combinations, looking meanings up online and seeing what it may mean in different languages.  I went to play one game that required a number behind the name and I couldn’t get anything in any combination that was good enough for me to use so I never did get to play it. I heard it was a good game to.

That is what a wipe means to me, starting over and going through the process over, games that offered character changes for RLM made some off of me, I didn’t care if it was the angle of the eyes if it seemed off to me then it would drive me nuts.

The land grab in the beginning really messed me up, I made it to H5 and got a couple claims, there was just something wrong with the way my character looked so I logged out fixed, started the game again using the same user name and company name but I could not access the claims because my company I.D had changed, contacting support did absolutely nothing for me and talking about being pissed, my blood pressure was at a all time high, calmed down and went about looking for more areas to claim and found a couple. 

I place a lot of thought into everything I do because I can’t stand to do something twice when it should have been done right the 1st time.  The foreman’s and owners of companies I’ve worked for often said that they only get paid to do the project once, the 2nd time it comes out of their pocket. 

I guess I’ve tried to stick with that mentality and have things the way I want them before getting to far along.

Edited by Daemon Cross

I'm not coming back. The new claim system just sucks in PvP and PvE.  It is ark grief heaven.... Speaking of ark, they said it would not be another ark but the crab ... It is just looking more and more just like ark....

Sods spawn like hell just as before PTR. They still look out of place. 

It looks like they breed also, you now see groups of adult sods, teen sods and baby sods. And there more sods then Chinese....

There is one our more.dev that can not move away from ark.. as long as they keep the ark shit in it I will not play...

I play outlaws of the West and have more fun. It still needs to improve a lot also but I do not see things that are out of place.

I played last night for the 1st time in the pve, I sailed through a couple zones but only encountered 3 groups of SOTD, yes they seem like they travel in groups now, each time it was a Galleon, Brig and Schooner. Which I was on a Schooner so I had very little issues avoiding them.

The new claim system sucks, I like having my own island and a friend of mine has hers, which we are in the same region and was able to form the alliance, it’s nice having someone around to help out and work together but at the same time I was able to build within a few feet of where she had built, neither of us would have done that intentionally but to try out the new system I wanted to see how close I could build next to a existing structure.

The game is great for what it is, I love everything about it except the claim system.

Unless they change something major I probably wont bother starting over.  I only play pve so its partly my fault for being bored I suppose.  I built all the ships solo, got my little farm going and even had a small group of animals on standard rates.  Then I logged in one day, looked around, and thought "Now what?"  As far as I can tell the ptr pve server is exactly like the old server.  Been there done that, ate the sandwich.

Ark 2600 hours or so invested. Atlas 162 hours and ran out of things to do. But, to be fair as the brits say, most of my other steam games dont break 50 hours. So got my fun out of my purchase with no regrets.

• Like 1