Daemon Cross

Who’s coming back after the wipe ?

I know people have left since the announcement of the server wipe but said they were coming back. 

With the latest Captains Log saying there would be more wipes as needed.

“In relation to our Public Testing Realm overall, we’re planning to get multiple smaller clusters online which will incorporate the three game modes as well as everything else listed in the patch notes. Players can expect higher rates to facilitate fast progression and testing of the new systems along with the fact these servers are likely to wipe as needed.

If the public test servers are only up for a week how many wipes could you possibly have to test anything unless they are referring to the three game modes on official servers.

Well I left when they announced server wipe, was no good playing until it's wiped. I knew from the very beginning there will be several wipes though, I have no problems with them as long as they give us plenty time in between them to enjoy what we have.

As many probably already know I wasn't a fan of the old flag system where you could spam them everywhere but I will certainly give it a go. I do expect bumps in the road ahead, as others have said previously we may encounter more foundation spamming until they see how it goes it's whether or not they can do something about it over the next few weeks after wipe.

I probably won't play on the public test server though until it is all ready to go and can play normal, I might log in to get the basic idea of it and mess around but I won't play for long if it's only 1 week. I've come around to the idea of having a flag or two each instead of the 1 flag per island but I don't think they will do it, at least not at this point. I think many are just going to have to build somewhere in the hope it won't get destroyed by the landlord but someone said on Discord the landlord has 24hrs to demolish, after this they can't, not sure how true that is, I don't read the patch notes in depth.

If I can I will quickly find a spot somewhere, map it out with wooden posts and when I want to build I can just remove them and put my foundations down. I don't really take alot of space, I only put posts down to stop people building right in the middle of where I started to build. I will only know how it will work out when I play it again, others on here know more than what I know, I don't keep up with the Atlas news everyday.

Danny you said you quit after they made the announcement but then stated that you’d continued to play if they had gave enough announcement before the wipe and then said you knew there would be multiple wipes. Which one is it ?  You going to enjoy the game between wipes, or you quitting until they give more of a warning before the wipes ? If you knew they were going to wipe why did you quit playing?

1 hour ago, DannyUK said:

If I can I will quickly find a spot somewhere, map it out with wooden posts and when I want to build I can just remove them and put my foundations down. I don't really take alot of space, I only put posts down to stop people building right in the middle of where I started to build. I will only know how it will work out when I play it again, others on here know more than what I know, I don't keep up with the Atlas news everyday.

Isn’t that the same thing as lawless ? 

I do not mind the wipes per se but I do not like being forced into a landowner or tenant situation. If I want that situation, I am better off going back to nullsec EvE. Until that changes, if ever, I am not returning.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daemon Cross said:

Danny you said you quit after they made the announcement but then stated that you’d continued to play if they had gave enough announcement before the wipe and then said you knew there would be multiple wipes. Which one is it ?  You going to enjoy the game between wipes, or you quitting until they give more of a warning before the wipes ? If you knew they were going to wipe why did you quit playing?

Isn’t that the same thing as lawless ? 

I played from the beginning, server wipe announced, stopped playing, currently not active, I hope that is abit more clear. I don't know what you mean by "if they gave enough announcement?" There will be multiple wipes, it's early access and I knew before I logged in on day 1.

Why did I quit if I knew they were wiping? Because there was no point building anymore until it's wiped. When it's wiped at least you have an idea that it isn't going to be wiped again for some time. Sorry if you got confused, I hope it clears it up abit.

Some I guess, there is nothing really saying how much time will pass between them, they just said they would wipe as needed to ensure they get the game moving in the direction they want. I’m guessing if this claim system doesn’t work they will wipe again until they come up with a solution that does work, it’s probably hard to leave a current claim system in place and change a claim system completely without wiping. It would have been a lot easier to just limit claims per account from the beginning and in order to make new claims you’d be required to remove some of your existing ones.  A claim cap so to speak. That solves all the problems for existing players and new players coming in.  There would always be land until the servers were full and there would be nothing left to claim.

There would be no building on top of one another, no griefing to push you out or to join them.  It would have solved all the issues everyone has had to deal with. New content comes out that opens new claims in new areas, if you want to live there then you either saved a few claims you didn’t use before or unclaim area that you currently have. It’s that simple, that continues to leave room for new players in the game and allows existing players to keep enjoying the game.

I never had a massive base but large enough to hold contents from the game for building, BP’s and Bolas That were needed and if I gathered to many items then I would craft possible things to have in case I ran low on something. Gunpowder, Cannonballs, planks, sails, decks. General things needed to replace or repair a ship if needed.  Bases so large you could fit a armada in is something I never seen the point in. 

I am, I just hope the performance returns and stabilizes after the wipe for a while. There are some serious slideshow bases and harbors out there now, and recent patches have only made them more unplayable.

Wipe itself itsnt the problem... Not knowing when they decide to wipe its teh real problem...

They dropped the "bomb", and just sayed "now go play other game and wait", and with all the time its taiking, when they wipe i will prob playing other game with mi friends and i will not return to "this".

Special knowing that this situation (wipe without ETA) will probably repeat over and over, and that = no game progress at all

Im ok with map wipe, i dont agree with character progression wipe, whats the point on (loosing) time playing "for nothing#...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, trev2000 said:

Wipe itself itsnt the problem... Not knowing when they decide to wipe its teh real problem...

They dropped the "bomb", and just sayed "now go play other game and wait", and with all the time its taiking, when they wipe i will prob playing other game with mi friends and i will not return to "this".

Special knowing that this situation (wipe without ETA) will probably repeat over and over, and that = no game progress at all

Im ok with map wipe, i dont agree with character progression wipe, whats the point on (loosing) time playing "for nothing#...

Personally I don't want to know when the wipe is, I would prefer them to wipe the same week they announce it. We're now left waiting around weeks for the wipe to happen when we all just want to get on with it and play.

If they told us after this wipe, ok people we will be wiping again in 4 weeks time, then it would take some of the fun away. I know other wipes are coming but I don't want to know when they are otherwise in the back of your mind there will be thoughts of well is it worth building this? Or doing that? I'd rather not know but that's just my opinion others will say different. 

• Like 1

BUBBALOOEY DEFINITALY COME AFTER WIPE! IT LIKE GOING TO RESTROOM YOU WIPE ONCE BUT YOU HAVE TO GO BACK CAUSE NOT CLEAN SO YOU WIPE AGAIN SO YOU HAVE TO COME BACK TO MAKE SURE CLEAN. WE CHECK TO SEE CLEAN ONCE NO MORE WIPING YOU NO GO BACK.

• Haha 1

Im probably going to play after the wipe, but im not sure when v298129833892 is gonna be up. They had to deal with a major problem regarding Canvas & stuff. 

I plan on surviving the wipe by hiding in the attic.

Our company hasn’t stopped playing and we will be right back at it in NA L9. If they just wait 4 more days, we are going for rejuvenation level three. I will be sad to see our hundreds (on wandering) of reclaimed animals go but feeding them is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

I'll be playing after wipe, looking forward to get some sensible gaming in.

Right now with pillar spam and shipyard spam on 99.99999999% of coastlines, it's just silly.

+1 for wipe,  -1 for not just getting it over with.

1 hour ago, Vorxius said:

I'll be playing after wipe, looking forward to get some sensible gaming in.

Right now with pillar spam and shipyard spam on 99.99999999% of coastlines, it's just silly.

+1 for wipe,  -1 for not just getting it over with.

it will still turn into the same spamming shi* cause they are not limiting claim flags and giving a whole island instead .... 

On 3/21/2019 at 5:40 PM, Grongash said:

If they keep the feudal Slave System i wont.

yeah  whne i 1st heard about the wipe and read they doing the whole "lawless" build system everywhere i was hyped to come back to the game but now after they giving whole island for free that someone can tax and just demolish everything , not gonna happen i will not be coming back until they have a hard limit for claims or just free build ,  with this system they need to  remove tax option in pve  , then id come back  would not have to work as a slave then for someone else and still have to worry about having everything demolished by the "land lord" that got to be the lord just cause he built the tax house the fastest .. I cant understand why thye didnt jsut take the war thing they adding in pvp to pve but change it into hr of the day someone could reclaim your thing , now i bet they jsut gonna add another 20 f day protection on them as well , yea sounds great let me just place my camp down and wait for almost a month not like i have nothing else to do .. It seems like the devs have no idea wtf they want from the game other then having "landlords"  but didnt they promise us land and sailing so why the f to they keep shooting themselves in the leg and not take the easy way out with a claim limit ... 

Edited by JackTheWack

I will.  I know of a dozen others who are also.   I do also expect to see piller and gate spam on every island.  Will be interesting to see what if anything gets done about it.

I'll be starting on pve eu.  So there'll be at least a dozen of us 😉

Edited by Martyn

Woot! We got Rejuvenated 3! +20%x6 I’m a god of a dying world. Bring me your bears and I will heal them. Send me elephants, I will restore their memories. Give me pigs, I will feed them to the cats. Looking forward to starting over because I’m way too excited when I see another person sail past. I’m like, “Holy cats! Another coat! I mean boat!”. See look, I’m even rambling here. 

On 3/20/2019 at 3:19 PM, trev2000 said:

+1

I would make sence to play during the wipe info and the real wipe if we dont loose our charakter!!! 

Well as you’ve already read there will be more wipes as needed.   So if your not enjoying just playing the game then you may want to wait, otherwise your just playing to waste your time.

I log in every day but I’m not as enthusiastic about getting anything accomplished by no means. I keep telling myself that it’s all for nothing and that is slowly beginning to push me away. 

I don’t know about anyone else but I’m not big on restarting, I understand that I can wait for the full release in a couple years and that I could play some other games in the meantime but normally I’m with one game until I’m done with that game then I move on, I just haven’t reached that point yet.

Edited by Daemon Cross

Daemon there will be several wipes over the months and years, no doubts about it. Playing knowing about this is not the problem, it's the time they announce it to everyone, if they announce it same week as wipe then I'm ok with that.

Try not to think "waste of time building" put it to the back of your mind when the wipe comes, it's unlikely there will be another wipe for a few months at least but I know there is no guarantee of that. If you have fun in the moment and not think of wiping again then I find it's ok, we all know we will lose it eventually though.

I hope to see more people coming back to the game now the wipe is happening, I hope they do it makes it more fun if you find the right people on the island. The game needs more content in the game though especially NPC trading or some sort of auction house would be fun but who knows how they are going to do it but certainly needs more things in game.

I don’t need to place it in the back of my mind Danny, it doesn’t have to have much of a notice either. It seems to me that if a player is knows they will lose everything whether it will happen in a week or in a month it will deter them from being as active as they would otherwise. There is no doubt in my mind about this, if there is progress that you can always work on then you look forward to getting in the game trying to get one more thing done before you have to log out.   I’ve always been one who tries to get everything done in games I enjoy playing which is something I enjoy, knowing that all the work I’ve done will keep resetting doesn’t sit well with me and that’s on me and it’s my understanding of whether I wanna continue losing it or waiting. I enjoy the game thus I’ve continued to play but I don’t dedicate myself to it like I would knowing that I would progress. I can build ships, fight SOTD, hunt whales, build bases and collect tames but that is not progressing in a game. Knowing that my progress will be lost I really don’t see the point in fully dedicating my time to it.  

Daemon then there is only 1 answer for you, don't play the game and wait until it's released fully in 2 years. You either play it as it is or you don't, it's as simple as that. From what you state, this game in early access is not for you I'm afraid and you shouldn't put time into it if you feel that way.

You have to remember you're playing to test for bugs and exploits not just to enjoy the game, you're on the long journey as it develops. If you want a fully released game close to Atlas then I would go and play Ark, it's basically the same layouts with tames only it's not pirates. You will lose progress in Atlas yes, there's no two ways about it and if you can't handle future wipes then if I was you I wouldn't play it.

I may be back, not sure yet. My clanmates walked away and are not coming back. Basically the game is on hold until it gets wiped and the longer they leave it like this, the less people will come back. Once people leave to play a different game, they wont come back. I jumped back into Conan for the time being, but if New World sends me and invite to their alpha, I am out too.

I will say I wont build like I did though. If I do play, itll be mostly sailing.

Danny, I already stated that it’s a bummer that you lose your progress but I’m still playing, I’m not sure where you misunderstood that and I also stated that I knew my options as to continue to play or wait for the full release and as of now I’m still playing. 

From your past comments you’ve stated that you’d already quit playing and it was due not having enough notice on the wipe, that’s an excuse, if you wanted to play you would be that’s all there is to it.  I have chosen to continue playing even though I’m not happy about losing my progress I’m still in the game every day and will more than likely continue to be in the game each day up until it becomes strictly pvp and that is where I’ll take my leave.

I’m not interested in Ark, I’ve tried it, couldn’t get into it and went on with another game.  I enjoy Atlas and though I’m not happy with the upcoming patch, I’ll still be in the game.