Talono

Submarine for everyone ?

Dear devs,

after you have taken the right decision with the Empire servers (dont listen to the megatribes crying. They are just sad for not getting everyone else as slaves) some constructive suggestion concerning submarine and procedural shipwecks :

Small teams cant kill the Kraken. Thats ok, but a cool gimmek like the submarine they want to have nevertheless. Could you please make the sub available also for smaller teams ? Ohh pleaaaaase !

Very nice that we get torpedoes. Us germans love submarines and love torpedoes😜

I'm cool with the sub being locked behind killing the Kraken.  But to lock DRIVING the sub behind killing the Kraken.... That's just unnecessary and is actually counter-productive to player interaction (i.e. player economy).  If they really want to lock it behind the Kraken, that's fine, but don't lock driving it, too.

shouldn’t be locked behind the kraken full stop , 

it it locks game content behind something g that not a great amount of the player base will see or do 

take ark none of the endgame content is locked away from solo / duo / small groups so why do it with this game , maybe a quest to unlock it but not behind an endgame boss and end game ghost ships and high lvl island bosses 

bad game design is bad game design 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, uli said:

take ark none of the endgame content is locked away from solo / duo / small groups so why do it with this game , maybe a quest to unlock it but not behind an endgame boss and end game ghost ships and high lvl island bosses 

Hä??? Ark locked the entire tek stuff behind bosses. This is excactly the same shit as in atlas...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Apparently you guys like sinking passenger ships as well. 

If Justin Biber is on board then for sure 😛😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

Hä??? Ark locked the entire tek stuff behind bosses. This is excactly the same shit as in atlas...

except they were doable solo and duos, good luck killing kraken solo 

2 hours ago, Talono said:

Dear devs,

after you have taken the right decision with the Empire servers (dont listen to the megatribes crying. They are just sad for not getting everyone else as slaves) some constructive suggestion concerning submarine and procedural shipwecks :

Small teams cant kill the Kraken. Thats ok, but a cool gimmek like the submarine they want to have nevertheless. Could you please make the sub available also for smaller teams ? Ohh pleaaaaase !

Very nice that we get torpedoes. Us germans love submarines and love torpedoes😜

Yep submarine should not be tied to killing the kraken.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, uli said:

shouldn’t be locked behind the kraken full stop , 

it it locks game content behind something g that not a great amount of the player base will see or do 

bad game design is bad game design 

Yes.

I mostly play PvE on private servers and mostly solo. I will likely never kill the Kraken, but would love to have the sub and so would many other players. I fear this will result in:

1) Private server owners will find a way to sell the sub to their players and it will be a money raiser for them. Good for them but bad for those players that can't afford it, as they will probably charge in the range of 5 - 20 dollars for it.

2) Mods will be made that add it. Mods are cool, but each one needed slows loading the game and can cause unnecessary bugs. Just give us the sub, since we will get it anyway.

At a minimum, make an ini setting that allows the sub to be made and also one that allows it to be driven without killing the Kraken.

You can kill the kraken solo, there is a you tube vid of a person doing in a gall by himself. Also seen reports from multiple people they have done it or know of people doing it solo. You can also just join a group of people doing it, if you are by yourself and cant. I am not saying it is easy just it is doable, because multiple people have done it solo and duo wise. I would just join a group of people doing it. We have 3 modes now, hostile, neutral, ally. Go with allies or join a group that is neutral. It is still doable.

Though I do not mind them locking it behind the kraken, I wish they had not. I think they should have made it more available. The only thing I can think of is that they want it as more of an upper end level thing, giving higher level players who have killed the end "boss", something else to do after. Which was a complaint by a lot of players, that there is not more end game content. If I had to guess id say the devs plan on expanding the trenches for more upper level end game gameplay.

No problem if they make the sub expensive, e.g. loads of several gem types or something.

But should be achievable also by a grinding solo player.

• Like 1

Solo players can still find a group if you look. That’s what I did last weekend to get the kill. It is doable but probably not solo on your first kill. 

I would have preferred it not be locked behind the Kraken, but yes Kraken is definitely doable solo.

My wife and I have done all the power stones and the Kraken with just the two of us, but she was mostly running around with a repair hammer for the Kraken fight. We ultimately took pretty little damage so I could certainly see having still gotten it done if I was by myself.

EDIT: Just don't tell my wife that. If she asks, she was instrumental to our success.

Edited by Kidori
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Talono said:

No problem if they make the sub expensive, e.g. loads of several gem types or something.

But should be achievable also by a grinding solo player.

This would be good, too.  Something like 6x[material] for each of them.

9 hours ago, CazzT said:

I'm cool with the sub being locked behind killing the Kraken.  But to lock DRIVING the sub behind killing the Kraken.... That's just unnecessary and is actually counter-productive to player interaction (i.e. player economy).  If they really want to lock it behind the Kraken, that's fine, but don't lock driving it, too.

There is no economy lol. This is a pirate game. You build a boat and a base and then you attack stuff.

this isn’t some game where people are going to get together and be friendly. This is ark. Offline raiding, death and destruction.

no economy, and no real world likeness whatsoever

6 hours ago, SIEGEGUN said:

You can kill the kraken solo, there is a you tube vid of a person doing in a gall by himself. Also seen reports from multiple people they have done it or know of people doing it solo. You can also just join a group of people doing it, if you are by yourself and cant. I am not saying it is easy just it is doable, because multiple people have done it solo and duo wise. I would just join a group of people doing it. We have 3 modes now, hostile, neutral, ally. Go with allies or join a group that is neutral. It is still doable.

Though I do not mind them locking it behind the kraken, I wish they had not. I think they should have made it more available. The only thing I can think of is that they want it as more of an upper end level thing, giving higher level players who have killed the end "boss", something else to do after. Which was a complaint by a lot of players, that there is not more end game content. If I had to guess id say the devs plan on expanding the trenches for more upper level end game gameplay.

A lot of people don’t watch YouTube videos because they want immersion. 

The real problem is the sandbox aspect. That just needs to go away. Once grinding is involved it is about looking for the easier way to get the job done ie glitching a boss in ark so you can farm it multiple times, or manipulating the mechanics so it would be an easy kill.

the game just needs more content in general because it is very shallow as of the moment 

14 hours ago, SIEGEGUN said:

that is the whole point giving players stuff to do but to lock all  underwater content behind end game bosses  in a game designed to be sea based it a very odd thing to do ,

by by all means have very hard content underwater ,

but bear in mind they are adding  procedurally generated shipwrecks that will need a sub to salvage so again more content locked away from average everyday players 

Aren't you able to do these with out the sub?  I thought you could do these with the diving suit also,  but would be easier with the sub.

1 hour ago, uli said:

but bear in mind they are adding  procedurally generated shipwrecks that will need a sub to salvage so again more content locked away from average everyday players 

30 minutes ago, TyGeR_STD said:

Aren't you able to do these with out the sub?  I thought you could do these with the diving suit also,  but would be easier with the sub.

the sub was advertised as for salvaging then they announce procedurally generated shipwrecks doesn’t take a lot to work out they go hand in hand 

yes u can use diving suit early game before u get the skill points / lvl to make the submarine , same as farming i start off the long way by hand then tools then tames , it’s called progression 

Edited by uli

On 3/19/2019 at 10:13 AM, CazzT said:

They locked wearing better gear behind the skill needed to make the gear yourself. I think that changing the skill to USE the gear to a skill to MAKE the gear would be a bigger concern than being able to drive the submarine for creating an economy.

What concerns me most about the kraken battle to unlock the submarine on PvE is that we won’t have alliances for the smaller companies to work together. How will that work?

I forgot to add that when I saw the topic, my mind went to Oprah saying “You get a submarine! And you get a submarine! And you get a submarine!”

• Haha 1

I want my submarine !

And i want torpedoes !

And i want to sink british merchant galleons !😜

On 3/19/2019 at 6:21 PM, UDO said:

except they were doable solo and duos, good luck killing kraken solo 

The kraken can be killed solo. There are solo guys that killed it even before they nerfed that thing with 60% health or damage, I can’t remember. It is doable. 

Edited by Percieval

On 3/19/2019 at 3:09 PM, Talono said:

Us germans love submarines and love torpedoes😜

This post is so wrong on so many levels.

The last sentence of it, is about as offensive as anyone could ever get.  Surprisingly so from a German player. 

As for the complaint against megatribes.  They are the entire point of the game.  It isn't really designed for solo or small groups but for massive groups working together with a common purpose.  For entire communities to be formed and to play competitively with each other. 

Edited by Martyn

2 hours ago, Martyn said:

This post is so wrong on so many levels.

The last sentence of it, is about as offensive as anyone could ever get.  Surprisingly so from a German player. 

As for the complaint against megatribes.  They are the entire point of the game.  It isn't really designed for solo or small groups but for massive groups working together with a common purpose.  For entire communities to be formed and to play competitively with each other. 

They designed 2 servers. One for solo or small groups. And one for massive groups.

The massive groups are just scared to fight each other.