Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Step in the right direction.

16 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Not denigrating snape because there is nothing wrong with Harry Potter, but if you haven’t seen Galaxy Quest, you’re missing out.

Or the original Die Hard.

Or Rickman as the sheriff of Nottingham in the otherwise fairly lame Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.

Or Dogma as metatron.

Or Quigley down under as the amoral rancher.

I could go on, but the point is dear god do yourself a favor and watch Galaxy Quest.

Yeah I have seen all of those movies 😂 I just figured he made the most money in Harry Potter so I tend to go with their most famous movies.

those other movies are good but not as successful as Harry Potter. I get what you are saying though

8 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Pfft. Do NOT get me started about period romances vs historical war movies when it comes to the Academy. I could go on at great length about Shakespeare in Love being a cute harmless fun little movie that I rather enjoyed but which by no sane stretch of the imagination was the Best Picture that year and what in the name of Joe Pesci was the academy thinking?!

Suffice to say that people will still be watching Saving Private Ryan when you and I are long dead and buried and no one remembers Shakespeare in Love. Sometimes the academy just completely have their heads up their arses.

bah.  You can't just throw everything into a genre bucket.  That was Ang Lee's first movie.  It was great.  And really funny in odd little ways.

But yeah, Shakespeare in Love?  That was a mistake.

18 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

bah.  You can't just throw everything into a genre bucket.  That was Ang Lee's first movie.  It was great.  And really funny in odd little ways.

But yeah, Shakespeare in Love?  That was a mistake.

*throws everything into a genre bucket*

*dumps the genre bucket over Alan Rickman's grave in honor of his memory*

One last thing, anyone who hasn't seen Eagle Eye should. It was an incredibly thoughtful, well crafted film that examined the ethics and morality of drone warfare to show that sometimes there are no good choices, just trying to choose between which option you think will be less awful in the end. The film is dedicated to Rickman's memory because he was in it but died prior to theatrical release. A fitting epitaph to a true professional who took his craft seriously and mastered it.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1