Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Step in the right direction.

They actually made a good decision to split the playerbase in half. They actually couldn’t have made a better idea really.

small groups simply don’t want to play with big groups. The big groups will now have to fight each other instead of allying with each other and overwhelming the smaller groups(if you are a small group that goes on the big group server and get wiped, I will be happy that you got wiped because you do not belong there).

the small group servers will still have some problems however since the big groups will still go there and form multiple small groups and still basically be a mega.

the reason why this is important is because it is time for one play style to die out. Splitting the playerbase will be able to accomplish this. I am sure the big groups will complain because they want to raid the smaller tribes but they don’t really deserve to be able to do that, so very quickly we should be able to see how well the big group servers do.

i will put my money on the small group servers being more successful. This game is an mmo not a sandbox. There need to be very strict rules and less freedom in this game.

i really gotta say that I don’t just like, but I love this change. Time the Megas got put in their place and were left alone to play with themselves.

ps. Hey @Percieval, I made a post without saying anything bad about the devs. 👍

Edited by Realist
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Realist said:

They actually made a good decision to split the playerbase in half. They actually couldn’t have made a better idea really.

small groups simply don’t want to play with big groups. The big groups will now have to fight each other instead of allying with each other and overwhelming the smaller groups(if you are a small group that goes on the big group server and get wiped, I will be happy that you got wiped because you do not belong there).

the small group servers will still have some problems tower since the big groups will still go there and form multiple small groups and still basically be a mega.

the reason why this is important is because it is time for one play style to die out. Splitting the playerbase will be able to accomplish this. I am sure the big groups will complain because they want to raid the smaller tribes but they don’t really deserve to be able to do that so very quickly we should be able to see how well the big group servers do.

i will put my money on the small group servers being more successful. This game is an mmo not a sandbox. There need to be very strict rules and less freedom in this game.

i really gotta day that I don’t just like but I love this change. Time the Megas got put in their place and were left alone to play with themselves.

ps. Hey @Percieval, I made a post without saying anything bad about the devs. 👍

No the more freedom a game has the better it is just like in real life. Free peoples can do a lot of great things and some bad things but that can't be helped. Trying to imprison them with silly rules just doesn't work. In the natural order of things those who are deserving of the top place will obtain it and those who aren't well they will disappear.

I'm glad the devs have realised this and created two system one is basically capitalism and one is basically communism. I know which one always win at the end.

1 minute ago, Bullet Force said:

No the more freedom a game has the better it is just like in real life. Free peoples can do a lot of great things and some bad things but that can't be helped. Trying to imprison them with silly rules just doesn't work. In the natural order of things those who are deserving of the top place will obtain it and those who aren't well they will disappear.

I'm glad the devs have realised this and created two system one is basically capitalism and one is basically communism. I know which one always win at the end.

Nah man, you have to get away from the whole real life and video games are similar thing. They are completely different.

and really the conquest(25 man) and small tribe(6man) servers became a lot more popular than the rivals servers on ark.

i do agree with you that splitting the playerbase is a good idea but for different reasons. I believe the small group servers will be a lot more successful. Unfortunately the Megas will still go there though as I said earlier. That will be an unfortunate event. The good news is it will be the weaker Megas that can’t actually beat the real Megas so we will be able to see who the weaker of the Megas really are. Too dog on small group won’t matter. Only the top dog on big groups will matter.

• Thanks 1

Lmao I'm sure all those companies that were forcefully swallowed by the megas or quit due to offline raiding cant wait to join the empire server 

Its gonna be a HUGE success.

There is and has been a giant demand for a pvp MMO for a long time now.

We will see soon enough I guess.

• Like 2

They are kind of taking a page from Conan’s book. But just kind of. Pve co flirt still has indestructible buildings but it does offer pvp hours. Still though, colonies will be the real success and make it more like an mmo 

Well. Most of the map is pvp. As long as they dont change that I dont care.

I really dont care about blowing up buildings. It's boring shooting walls anyways. And for those that do they still have raid times to do it . And gauranteed  pvp when it happens.

I want pvp. They need to focus on making content on the seas imo. Stuff to fight over. 

Transport etc.

We will see I guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullet Force said:

Very nice analysis, Empire is capitalism while Colonies is communism.

It doesnot bother me but it is not logical that devs plan Empires for big companies and Colonies for small companies. 

Exactly the opposite will happen.

6 minutes ago, Talono said:

Very nice analysis, Empire is capitalism while Colonies is communism.

It doesnot bother me but it is not logical that devs plan Empires for big companies and Colonies for small companies. 

Exactly the opposite will happen.

Lol that just might happen

3 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

Lol that just might happen

LOL it is going to happen. It is happening! 

I wonder if Mr.Hardcore will see the irony in the fact he got his servers but no one wants to play that mode. And in fact his company supposedly announced they are playing colonies. So for all his huff and puff hard core this that his company is moving to the servers he says are for the weak. Supposedly.

3 minutes ago, SIEGEGUN said:

LOL it is going to happen. It is happening! 

I wonder if Mr.Hardcore will see the irony in the fact he got his servers but no one wants to play that mode. And in fact his company supposedly announced they are playing colonies. So for all his huff and puff hard core this that his company is moving to the servers he says are for the weak. Supposedly.

No...impossible...they are all quiting..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bullet Force said:

No the more freedom a game has the better

To a point.  Sometimes you have to restrict things in order for people to have fun.  Without restrictions, trolls and griefers ruin the fun for everyone else.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Back Stabbath said:

There is and has been a giant demand for a pvp MMO for a long time now.

We will see soon enough I guess.

For oh at least 15 years.

And yet...

pvp MMO’s have been tried many times before and with the exception of Eve, which owes more than just pvp to its long term success, they never seem to last. The sad  part is that pvpers seem almost never self aware enough to figure out why.

as all the polls show, it isn't getting split in half. it's literally like 5 percent the population that wants the empire mode. It's a pointless ptr and everyone knows it.

but let's do it, lets waste more time, money and disappointment  to keep the server population as low as it can be in the meantime so the game is unplayable for those who love this game.

yay. 😞

rickman-rage-gif.gif

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

8 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

as all the polls show, it isn't getting split in half. it's literally like 5 percent the population that wants the empire mode. It's a pointless ptr and every knows it. but let's do it, lets waste more time and keep the server population as low as it can be in the meantime so the game is unplayable for those who love this game.

yay. 😞

rickman-rage-gif.gif

I am probably guilty of understatement but this is clearly the greatest gif in the history of the universe.

1 hour ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

as all the polls show, it isn't getting split in half. it's literally like 5 percent the population that wants the empire mode. It's a pointless ptr and every knows it. but let's do it, lets waste more time and keep the server population as low as it can be in the meantime so the game is unplayable for those who love this game.

yay. 😞

rickman-rage-gif.gif

Is that snape? Wow!

anyways, gotta teach these Megas a lesson man. Straight up. Playerbase be damned. The solo guys will always be there 😂

To point it out : On Colonies i could not live on my dream island. Or maybe i could, but only as a tax and ressource slave.

If my master is not happy with me he simply clicks my walls away. I could experience only half of the game as i am not allowed to build weapons as filthy slave.

By that i would be forced to live in lawless and repair my base from decay after logging in instead of having pirate fun.

Astonishing that 90% of the PVP players want exactly this.

4 hours ago, Realist said:

Is that snape? Wow!

Nononononoooooooooooo.

That is Allen @#$&ing Rickman. Way too great of an actor to be pidgeonholed into a single role towards the end of his career. 

Besides, if you’re gonna identify him by a role, it would definitely be Sir Alexander Dane.

”By Grapthar’s hammer, you shall be avenged.”

• Like 1

Grievers are happy about raid windows too. Its not like they looking for a fair fight. Im just amazed to see how far the Devs are from reality. Wouldnt hurt them to play their own game once in a while. Then they wouldnt overestimate the "returning" playerbase so drastically.   

5 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Nononononoooooooooooo.

That is Allen @#$&ing Rickman. Way too great of an actor to be pidgeonholed into a single role towards the end of his career. 

Besides, if you’re gonna identify him by a role, it would definitely be Sir Alexander Dane.

So what show or movie is that from? Hey Harry Potter made a whole lot of money. Being snape isn’t bad.

6 hours ago, Talono said:

To point it out : On Colonies i could not live on my dream island. Or maybe i could, but only as a tax and ressource slave.

If my master is not happy with me he simply clicks my walls away. I could experience only half of the game as i am not allowed to build weapons as filthy slave.

By that i would be forced to live in lawless and repair my base from decay after logging in instead of having pirate fun.

Astonishing that 90% of the PVP players want exactly this.

People just hate Megas that much. Even though they might go there as well, then having to break up into smaller groups is something at least.

the only true way to fix it is two factions and only two factions with no companies what so ever. You are either on this side or this side. Take away the whole company idea but it’s a bad idea

6 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Nononononoooooooooooo.

I miss Alan Rickman.  That voice!

28 minutes ago, Realist said:

People just hate Megas that much. Even though they might go there as well, then having to break up into smaller groups is something at least.

the only true way to fix it is two factions and only two factions with no companies what so ever. You are either on this side or this side. Take away the whole company idea but it’s a bad idea

They use the same system as before :

ChemB

ChemC

ChemD

All on the same discord.

34 minutes ago, Realist said:

So what show or movie is that from? Hey Harry Potter made a whole lot of money. Being snape isn’t bad.

Not denigrating snape because there is nothing wrong with Harry Potter, but if you haven’t seen Galaxy Quest, you’re missing out.

Or the original Die Hard.

Or Rickman as the sheriff of Nottingham in the otherwise fairly lame Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.

Or Dogma as metatron.

Or Quigley down under as the amoral rancher.

I could go on, but the point is dear god do yourself a favor and watch Galaxy Quest.

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

Not denigrating snape because there is nothing wrong with Harry Potter, but if you haven’t seen Galaxy Quest, you’re missing out.

Or the original Die Hard.

Or Rickman as the sheriff of Nottingham in the otherwise fairly lame Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.

Or Dogma as metatron.

Or Quigley down under as the amoral rancher.

I could go on, but the point is dear god do yourself a favor and watch Galaxy Quest.

Sense and Sensibility - 1995.  Would have won the Oscar if it weren't for a bunch of guys with hairy legs wearing plaid skirts.  😉

8 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Sense and Sensibility - 1995.  Would have won the Oscar if it weren't for a bunch of guys with hairy legs wearing plaid skirts.  😉

Pfft. Do NOT get me started about period romances vs historical war movies when it comes to the Academy. I could go on at great length about Shakespeare in Love being a cute harmless fun little movie that I rather enjoyed but which by no sane stretch of the imagination was the Best Picture that year and what in the name of Joe Pesci was the academy thinking?!

Suffice to say that people will still be watching Saving Private Ryan when you and I are long dead and buried and no one remembers Shakespeare in Love. Sometimes the academy just completely have their heads up their arses.