Sign in to follow this  
UncleMike

I wish there was good news for PVE

1 hour ago, Winter Thorne said:

I don't get this idea that "We don't really know what's happening until we try it on the ptr"  I mean, I agree that we won't know the results of how the players will use and abuse the system, but we do know what the system is, because it says it right there in the patch notes.  

people seem to be looking for the doom and gloom and hating on it because yes, a landlord can destroy your stuff within a time limit and yes, people can come along and foundation spam your island.

But people also play PVE because  there is no conflict.

Communicate with potential landlords by chat or leave a sign, don't build an ugly box, and don't block spawns. Now most people on PVE don't build ugly boxes and wouldn't block spawns anyway, so this shouldn't be an issue in most situations.

Foundation spamming someones island, we can't know for sure, as upkeep cost and timing of decay is not know. I presume to make the owner unable to pay upkeep. Would this work or not? we'll need to play it to find out, it might be considered against terms and conditions? who knows.

others think landlords will only allow small bases, but a small base will need little upkeep = less taxes to pay upkeep of the island. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winter Thorne said:

I don't get this idea that "We don't really know what's happening until we try it on the ptr"  I mean, I agree that we won't know the results of how the players will use and abuse the system, but we do know what the system is, because it says it right there in the patch notes.  

13 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

We know what landlords can do.

They can destroy structures only inside a 12 hour window (maybe longer) from the moment they are placed on the claimed land. They can also set a tax rate for the claimed land.

That's it.

We know what they intend, we know what they want.  We don't know how it actually works.  People are saying foundations won't block other players foundations like they did in atlas or do in ark.  But they might, a landlord might well be able to go around destroying the works of people who are griefing or trolling others, they might or could potentially just troll you and demo anything you make, in which case you leave and go elsewhere.  Otherwise, they'll be seeking to assist you.  If you build too close to resources, maybe the foundations will block those.. in which case, isn't it a good thing if you get a landlord who actively seeks to keep those areas clear?

There are alot of questions that need to be answered as to exactly what a landlord can or cannot do, why they would do it and so on.  And how these things can be exploited.  Concentrating on only the negative, oh they'll just ruin our lives is not really that useful to anyone.  As it is purely your imagination at play.  Not what will actually happen.

2 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

people seem to be looking for the doom and gloom and hating on it because yes, a landlord can destroy your stuff within a time limit and yes, people can come along and foundation spam your island.

Communicate with potential landlords by chat or leave a sign, don't build an ugly box, and don't block spawns. Now most people on PVE don't build ugly boxes and wouldn't block spawns anyway, so this shouldn't be an issue in most situations.

Foundation spamming someones island, we can't know for sure, as upkeep cost and timing of decay is not know. I presume to make the owner unable to pay upkeep. Would this work or not? we'll need to play it to find out, it might be considered against terms and conditions? who knows.

others think landlords will only allow small bases, but a small base will need little upkeep = less taxes to pay upkeep of the island. 

I wasn't talking abut the doom and gloom.  I was talking about the people who are saying, "well you don't know what it's going to be yet!  It could be permissions or the landlords might have a simple push button to destroy everything at once..or..or.."

But we know that's not what's happening because the system is there in the patch notes.  We know what it's going to be.

6 minutes ago, Martyn said:

We know what they intend, we know what they want.  We don't know how it actually works.  People are saying foundations won't block other players foundations like they did in atlas or do in ark.

People claiming that are making things up in their head. Of course there will still be a distance between players structures. On PvE right now they changed it so you can build on anyone's land as it will be in the v1.5 of Atlas, and that has a distance between structure placements just like ARK, just like Atlas on Lawless. Anyone claiming placing foundations won't block other people's foundation are just spreading silly rumours because they haven't bothered to pay attention to what has been said by the devs.

If you build too close to resources, maybe the foundations will block those.. in which case, isn't it a good thing if you get a landlord who actively seeks to keep those areas clear?

Yes it is, but what does that have to do with what we were talking about? The landlord will still only be able to destroy those structures within the 12 hour or so timeframe.

There are alot of questions that need to be answered as to exactly what a landlord can or cannot do, why they would do it and so on.  And how these things can be exploited.  Concentrating on only the negative, oh they'll just ruin our lives is not really that useful to anyone.  As it is purely your imagination at play.  Not what will actually happen.

But we know what they can and cannot do. They can destroy structures only within the 12 hour or so timeframe, after that they can't destroy the structure, because it is PvE. They can set a tax for the land. That is it, they can't do any more than that. Yes you can claim that is an assumption, but all you lot complaining about being kicked off the land is not true, not directly anyway. The devs have already told us what the landlords can do on PvE.

• Like 1

Can't see any reference to any 12 hour or so limits.  It says clearly, a settlement owner can freely damage players or structures in their owned settlement.  That's all.

As for your statements of the devs have told us, can you list those references? Because I can't see them. The exact statements if possible.

As far as I can see from

Players will need to:

Skill up, to the desired level required to make a Claim Tax Bank.

They will need to find all the required resources to build a tax bank.

Then they will need to find a free unclaimed island to claim.

They then build the tax bank.  Then can claim the settlement area.  How big a settlement is, is unknown. *Entire island*

Can you have multiple settlements per island, depending on size of island? Don't know.  If anyone does, please list exactly where it's stated.

* Only one claim flag can be placed per island, and the owner (player/company) is the owner of that Settlement. * General Rules 3rd Line.

The owner, his/her company then owns that settlement area. People outside of that settlement cannot be interacted with.  They are freeholds essentially, until someone comes along, places a tax bank, claim flag and then they could find themselves within a settlement.  Thusly, could find they stuff being destroyed etc. by the new company owner.  Dependant on the player/s moral compliment.

* Settlement owners can freely damage other characters and structures on their island.  * Settlements 5 line down.

We don't know how much of this related specifically to pvp or to pve.

Edited by Martyn

7 minutes ago, Martyn said:

We know what they intend, we know what they want.  We don't know how it actually works.  People are saying foundations won't block other players foundations like they did in atlas or do in ark.  But they might, a landlord might well be able to go around destroying the works of people who are griefing or trolling others, they might or could potentially just troll you and demo anything you make, in which case you leave and go elsewhere.  Otherwise, they'll be seeking to assist you.  If you build too close to resources, maybe the foundations will block those.. in which case, isn't it a good thing if you get a landlord who actively seeks to keep those areas clear?

I have no idea why anyone would think this new design is completely unknown and going to be some sort of huge surprise.

Here's what we know.  Some people will get a claim..now called "settlements".  A settlement will be an entire island.  Bigger companies will get multiples and small companies and solos will only have enough points for one.  If you get a settlement, you are the landlord.  As the landlord you get an 12+ hour window to destroy everyone's stuff by using the pinwheel.  After the window expires you can't destroy anything.

If you are not a landlord, you can try building wherever you want.  You can build multiple bases all around the map and take up as much room as you like. If a landlord doesn't delete your stuff within the window, you get to keep it.  It will have upkeep and you will pay taxes to the landlord.

You can be both a landlord AND go around the map building wherever you want.

If the server population returns to full strength, there will probably not be enough land for everyone.  

There are not "alot of questions as to exactly what a landlord can or cannot do".  It's right there in the patch notes.  That's what they can do.

There aren't many questions about how these things could be exploited, because we can list all the ways they have been exploited so far, and the only question is what new exploits will this add to the list.  The people who like to grief and exploit haven't left the game and never will leave the game, so they'll be trying some of these things.  There is no rule against it and no code preventing it, so it will happen.

You keep saying people are focusing on the negative.  I don't think that's true.  I think people are focusing on the problems with the earlier claim systems, and focusing on what they want, and comparing that to this new (known) system to see if that fixes it.  And it doesn't.  So people are pointing out all the ways in which this new system is not giving them what they want.  It's puzzling why you keep trying to shut down all discussion on that as if other players are not allowed to bring their concerns up where the devs can see them.

If you think this new system is going to be wonderful, why don't you have a look at what the devs said it was really going to be instead of imagining things that aren't there, and then post all the things you like about it?  You may give some people some ideas they hadn't had before and change people's minds.  Going around just telling everyone their concerns are all in their minds and not useful and that they should just shut up and wait for the wonderfulness is pretty silly.  People have a right to give feedback tot he devs.  That's what we're here for.

Where does it say anything about 12 hours? Also is it 12 hours from settlement claim or 12 hours from when a building or foundation is placed?

I am not trying to shutdown discussion at all.  That's you misreading what I'm posting.  If anything, it would seem, you are generally the more aggressive poster, making round house claims and throwing out random insults, which do shutdown discussions.

You also seem to be very good at misreading what the devs have stated to mean something else.  Mostly in the negative.

Edited by Martyn

Just now, Martyn said:

Where does it say anything about 12 hours? Also is it 12 hours from settlement claim or 12 hours from when a building or foundation is placed?

Good gigglywiggly.

• Like 1

Claim owners will be able to demolish structures (via the pinwheel) on their settlements temporarily as long as the structure has been placed within the last 12 hours. After the 12 hour period has passed, they will not be able to demolish the structures using the pinwheel, and must manually destroy it. Claim owners can do this outside of raid hours or warlike. This exists as an anti-griefing mechanism. On PvE servers, we may extend the time beyond 12 hours as players will not have the option to destroy via PVP.

[Upto this point I hadn't read Log 23, because I hadn't seen it was out.]

So the 12 hour period is only for the pin wheel, otherwise they can manually destroy everything on an island by going to where it is.

So it seems, this relates mostly to stop griefing, trolling and non allied companies from building on your island.  Not to specifically target smaller groups or solo players.  It could be exploited to do this.  Since afterall the island now belongs entirely to the claiment not to anyone who previously lived there.

Non company players, meaning small groups, solos would then have to leave the island, ie would be kicked out.. if they were unable to find a way to interact with the owner in a peaceful way.  Again it's down to individuals and how they can get on with people.  Not a specific issue that will happen across the board as many people seem to indicate.

Edited by Martyn

42 minutes ago, Martyn said:

So the 12 hour period is only for the pin wheel, otherwise they can manually destroy everything on an island by going to where it is.

So it seems, this relates mostly to stop griefing, trolling and non allied companies from building on your island.  Not to specifically target smaller groups or solo players.  It could be exploited to do this.  Since afterall the island now belongs entirely to the claiment not to anyone who previously lived there.

Non company players, meaning small groups, solos would then have to leave the island, ie would be kicked out.. if they were unable to find a way to interact with the owner in a peaceful way.  Again it's down to individuals and how they can get on with people.  Not a specific issue that will happen across the board as many people seem to indicate.

No. 

After the 12 hours they can't destroy anything on pve, because that is not how pve works.  And actually, before the 12 hours is up, they do have to go to where the thing is and find it, because that's how the pinwheel works.  They are talking about extending the 12 hour period on pve because things can't be destroyed after the timer is up.

Of course they didn't make this pinwheel destruction specifically to target smaller groups and solo players.  They stated that this design was supposed to help those groups. (although many of us don't see how that's possible).  It doesn't matter what their intention is.  It matters how it can be used.

Nobody has said this will happen across the board.  We've all met good decent players in the game.,  What we are saying is that it doesn't take this happening all across the board to ruin the game experience for many people.  My spot in lawless had around 8 great people and 3 stinkers in it.  Nobody was happy there at all.  Doesn't matter if it's only 20% stinkers, because now they can Build Everywhere(tm).   

Again it's down to individuals and how they can get on with people

That sounds like a preemptive strike at anybody who's going to be griefed in this new setup.  "Oh, you can't get on with people." 

It takes two to tango.  You can't blame one of the good players for being unhappy if they've got to tango with a stinker to try to have any land.  Or if they object to sailing endlessly around the map encountering only full islands and stinkers for their first week in the game.

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

Are you that naive to think that the devs are introducing a mechanic in PvE that allows a settlement owner to demolish other players structures at any time during the existence of the game? Therefore meaning you could build a base on someone's land and 12 months later that settlement owner can demolish it? No of course not.

The WHOLE reason the devs state "On PvE servers, we may extend the time beyond 12 hours as players will not have the option to destroy via PVP." is BECAUSE they can't just randomly go up to a structure and destroy it after the 12 hour timeframe. On PvP after 12 hours the settlement owner can destroy it using weapons, on PvE they can't, hence the reason to extend the timeframe wider.

Any structures left standing after the intial 12 hour window from when it was placed can only be destroyed by the structure owner or by the structure decay if the owner quits, or by wild animals if they are able to.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood

I don't see where the devs say any of that.  It says clearly they can destroy via pinwheel within 12 hours and otherwise will have to go upto the item manually.  It doesn't mention pve or pvp relationship to whats being destroyed.  Again, this is one of the kinds of issues, that we will find out about, after ptr releases hopefully, or at least after the wipe.

If you have a link to this, I'd like to read it.

And can we drop the "are you so naive" petty insults.  I'm not interested in discussing issues, if you're going to insult me in every post.

The pinwheel activates off a keyboard command, so they shouldnt need to be anywhere, just logged in.  It should even be possible to setup commands like pinwheel destroy via a mobile phone app.

Edited by Martyn

5 minutes ago, Martyn said:

I don't see where the devs say any of that.  It says clearly they can destroy via pinwheel within 12 hours and otherwise will have to go upto the item manually.  It doesn't mention pve or pvp relationship to whats being destroyed.  Again, this is one of the kinds of issues, that we will find out about, after ptr releases hopefully, or at least after the wipe.

If you have a link to this, I'd like to read it.

And can we drop the "are you so naive" petty insults.  I'm not interested in discussing issues, if you're going to insult me in every post.

The pinwheel activates off a keyboard command, so they shouldnt need to be anywhere, just logged in.  It should even be possible to setup commands like pinwheel destroy via a mobile phone app.

Claim owners will be able to demolish structures (via the pinwheel) on their settlements temporarily as long as the structure has been placed within the last 12 hours. After the 12 hour period has passed, they will not be able to demolish the structures using the pinwheel, and must manually destroy it. Claim owners can do this outside of raid hours or warlike. This exists as an anti-griefing mechanism. On PvE servers, we may extend the time beyond 12 hours as players will not have the option to destroy via PVP.

I don't understand how you can claim they don't mention PvP or PvE anywhere in relation to what's being destroyed. Read it properly, piece by piece. I highlighted the important bits. Lets dissect it to make it clearer.

Claim owners will be able to demolish structures (via the pinwheel) on their settlements temporarily as long as the structure has been placed within the last 12 hours.

This is pretty clear, structures can be demolished via the pinwheel within 12 hours of placement.

After the 12 hour period has passed, they will not be able to demolish the structures using the pinwheel, and must manually destroy it.

This states they can't use the pinwheel to demolish and will have to manually destroy. Note the use of the words there, demolish and destroy. Whenever you use the pinwheel to get rid of a structure it always says demolish. Destroy means via the use of weapons. Also, if you can't use weapons on PvE to destroy a structure how do you understand that someone can manually destroy a structure WITHOUT using the pinwheel? That's right, you can't.

Claim owners can do this outside of raid hours or warlike.

Self-explanatory, strictly for PvP.

On PvE servers, we may extend the time beyond 12 hours as players will not have the option to destroy via PVP.

This means on PvE they can't destroy structures, i.e. use weapons. Therefore, as a result of that, and the fact that after the 12 hour period you can't use the pinwheel to demolish, they may extend the 12 hour window.

Now i'll ask you again, if the initial 12 hours allows a settlement owner to use the pinwheel to demolish structures, but not after the 12 hours, how do you understand that settlement owners will be able to get rid of structures after the 12 hour window WITHOUT the use of pinwheel?

It says won't be able to destroy via pinwheel and it says will have to do it manually, if manually means purely pvp then sure.  If it means the owner can destroy anything, manually, pvp or pve that's a different meaning.  The extension for pve beyond 12 hours could refer to the pinwheel or manual task. If it does it does..

So essentially, it does not mention what happens to buildings already in place, hours, days, weeks before the owner claims the island. Only what happens within the 12 hour period after the island is claimed and buildings are erected.  There seems to be an assumption that owners will get to the islands first or that the first on the islands will have all the required abilities to place a tax bank, make a claim and thus have the rights of the settlement owner.  As I said previously, I'm happy to wait and see exactly how this works out, before drawing my conclusion as to wether I'll continue play or not.  Rather than come up with potential reasons before hand.

But I'm glad we got this cleared up, now you can move on to some other thread, feeling some accomplishment.

Edited by Martyn

Just now, Martyn said:

It says won't be able to destroy via pinwheel and it says will have to do it manually, if manually means purely pvp then sure.  If it means the owner can destroy anything, manually, pvp or pve that's a different meaning.  The extension for pve beyond 12 hours could refer to the pinwheel or manual task. If it does it does..

So essentially, it does not mention what happens to buildings already in place, hours, days, weeks before the owner claims the island. Only what happens within the 12 hour period after the island is claimed and buildings are erected.  There seems to be an assumption that owners will get to the islands first or that the first on the islands will have all the required abilities to place a tax bank, make a claim and thus have the rights of the settlement owner.  As I said previously, I'm happy to wait and see exactly how this works out, before drawing my conclusion as to wether I'll continue play or not.  Rather than come up with potential reasons before hand.

So how do you currently destroy structures in PvE?

Pinwheel right? |That's the only method right? That isn't changing.

Now, it says after the 12 hours it will have to be destroyed manually right? So if manually means something other than weapons in PvP, then why would they say this "extend the time beyond 12 hours as players will not have the option to destroy via PVP".

Also, are you honestly believing that a settlement owner will be able to destroy any structure on their land at any given time for the existence of the game, therefore meaning no structure is ever safe in PvE? Because your inability to see what is written there is suggesting that's what you believe.

39 minutes ago, Martyn said:

But I'm glad we got this cleared up, now you can move on to some other thread, feeling some accomplishment.

Martyn, it says that right here in the captain's log:

General Claim Changes

PvE Claim Changes

Use the same claim system as PvP, but remove the raidable hours and war aspect.  

There is no manual task for pve.  Read the highlighted sentence.  

The only accomplishment here is that maybe we can finally talk about the new claim system without having to listen to crazy objections from people who can't even bother to read the captain's logs and see what it is.

Edited by Winter Thorne

I don't know what it is about this forum but people seem to want to talk down to others thinking they are superior, I don't get it. They wonder why it is so quiet when everything you say gets shot down or turned around. Any guests viewing these boards will most likely stay well away.

I was talking to a streamer the other day about these forums and he summed it up, the forums are toxic he said, I'm beginning to agree.

Anyway I can't wait to get started again and test it all out no matter what it's like, I enjoy playing it regardless. If after the wipe I find a bad island I will just keep on moving until I find a decent person owning it. I have fun with it anyway so I don't mind, I might get frustrated with it at times but I will stick with it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

Martyn, it says that right here in the captain's log:

There is no manual task for pve.  Read the highlighted sentence.  

The only accomplishment here is that maybe we can finally talk about the new claim system without having to listen to crazy objections from people who can't even bother to read the captain's logs and see what it is.

I did read that.  Clearly you think I didn't. But I actually did.  So.

"Crazy" objections from people who couldn't even be "bothered" to read it. Got issues much? Want to add a T to issues.. but I figure you have those covered.

I'm seriously gonna laugh my ass off if we get ingame and discover an owner can demo after the 12 hours using pinwheel on pve.  But it seems to be cleared up that they won't be able to demo pre claim buildings and anything after 12 hours, so hopefully, they will be people who are sleeping 8 hours, working for 8 hours and therefore when they log off, you'll be able to sneak buildings in, and it'll be 16 hours give or take before they realise what you've done and can't do anything about it.  Oh crap.. hmm.

Yeh, Jat, if you're reading this, I think maybe 24 hours would be a better bet, owned would then have ample time to log in, delete unwanted buildings and then get to playing, otherwise we'll probably see us logging in to a dozen new structures which'll take a few hours to remove and only have a couple of hours left to do it in.  Or you'll need to allow demo permissions to be given to admins of the company so they can do it as well.

Just a thought before anyone gets twists in knickers etc.  An observation.  I wonder if I should wear a safety helmit and googles when reading my replies incase there's a spillage.

OH and Fyi.. although it seems it should have been obvious.  I thought pin wheel demo meant they could do it without being near buildings, but could just remotely demo and manually meant being next to item, when it actually meant hitting it with a pick or cannonballs etc. Which obviously one cannot do in pve.

I hope everything is cleared up now, you can all get off your high horses as it's putting a sprain in my neck looking up at you all.

Edited by Martyn

13 hours ago, Martyn said:

I hope everything is cleared up now, you can all get off your high horses as it's putting a sprain in my neck looking up at you all.

Listen, Martyn, I"m sorry you feel that there were high horses involved.  My take on this whole thread is that a bunch of us were talking about these upcoming changes  and then someone enters the conversation and starts saying things like "You're all just guessing what it will be like, and nobody knows what's going to happen...you are all just doom and gloom, you "haz" issues", etc.  

So that was kind of antagonistic, but we keep the discussion going, talking about some of the ways this might all shake out, and then suddenly we realize that you really didn't know what the changes were, and that's why you were saying those things.  That was a fairly mind-boggling moment.  And then following it up by asking for proof and links to stuff about the 12 hour window, the size of claims, landlord rules for destroying stuff, etc..so we started putting links in there because obviously you didn't know.

So here we have some guy voicing strong opinions for days that we "haz issues" and are making things up, and quit being so doom and gloom, and he didn't even have the basic information about the changes.   So what can you do, except to think "Ok, well that explains that", and provide the info.

There's a lot of stuff I don't know about the game either, but if I had done that I probably would have ended with "Sorry, I obviously missed at least one Captain's Log somewhere" rather than accusing people of having their knickers in a twist and simultaneously being on a high horse (which sounds very uncomfortable).

And now of course, the discussion won't continue in this thread because it's been labeled "toxic" , and the people trying to explain what's happening are all big meanies or something.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

Listen, Martyn, I"m sorry you feel that there were high horses involved.  My take on this whole thread is that a bunch of us were talking about these upcoming changes  and then someone enters the conversation and starts saying things like "You're all just guessing what it will be like, and nobody knows what's going to happen...you are all just doom and gloom, you "haz" issues", etc.  

So that was kind of antagonistic, but we keep the discussion going, talking about some of the ways this might all shake out, and then suddenly we realize that you really didn't know what the changes were, and that's why you were saying those things.  That was a fairly mind-boggling moment.  And then following it up by asking for proof and links to stuff about the 12 hour window, the size of claims, landlord rules for destroying stuff, etc..so we started putting links in there because obviously you didn't know.

So here we have some guy voicing strong opinions for days that we "haz issues" and are making things up, and quit being so doom and gloom, and he didn't even have the basic information about the changes.   So what can you do, except to think "Ok, well that explains that", and provide the info.

There's a lot of stuff I don't know about the game either, but if I had done that I probably would have ended with "Sorry, I obviously missed at least one Captain's Log somewhere" rather than accusing people of having their knickers in a twist and simultaneously being on a high horse (which sounds very uncomfortable).

And now of course, the discussion won't continue in this thread because it's been labeled "toxic" , and the people trying to explain what's happening are all big meanies or something.

My responces were to your attitude.  Don't try to make it seem like I'm entirely at fault here.  I was giving my opinion on what I thought was likely, because I was no aware of log 23.  That should have been pretty obvious and could have been pointed out by anyone.  But instead you went off at a tangent.

I suppose it's probably not obvious, but I tend to think and write about stuff in a way that doesn't quite fit with what others think something says.  I see many possible outcomes to what devs write what will happen and sometimes voice those opinions as fact, when I'm only trying to suggest they are just thoughts.  I feel that alot of people do this, which is why I often think when reading someones responce "oh he's obviously misunderstood what that is or what that meant" etc. I take it with a pinch of salt.  But I've noticed there is a definite toxic attitude from certain people who seem to almost purposefuly misinterpret everything and anything incorrectly written as some kind of manifest threat to their existence.  And they respond as thou such is.

I am however deliriously happy that you did understand my sarcasm with horses & knickers.  Now we can move on.

Edited by Martyn
  • Like 1

I'm still having a difficult time understanding exactly which parts of the "Colonies System" the PVE servers will be using, based on the captains log. It would be nice if the captains log just explained what PVE was going to be like versus saying - It's a taco, but different. I mean, ok.. different how? 

On 3/31/2019 at 1:38 PM, Jack Shandy said:

Turns out.. what's in the patch notes, the facts.. are wrong.  Completely and utterly wrong.

Turns out there is no 12 hour window.

If people build under/around your ship/shipyard, as soon as you run into render distance, it get's sunk.

Griefing is rampant.

Exploiting is rampant.

Most items that were previously lockable, can't be now.  And then there's all the SoTD landing on the shoreline.

But at least it's 6x harvesting etc.. so dying or loosing everything, doesn't really matter.

Edited by Martyn

16 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Turns out.. what's in the patch notes, the facts.. are wrong.  Completely and utterly wrong.

Turns out there is no 12 hour window.

If people build under/around your ship/shipyard, as soon as you run into render distance, it get's sunk.

Griefing is rampant.

Exploiting is rampant.

Most items that were previously lockable, can't be now.  And then there's all the SoTD landing on the shoreline.

But at least it's 6x harvesting etc.. so dying or loosing everything, doesn't really matter.

I didn't try out the destruction stuff yet, but I might do some testing on it in the morning.  I did see the lockable thing.  Maybe there's a chance that's just how pvp is?    I also forgot to check to see how far the claims extend from the land into the water.

And how about that claim cost being gold instead of mats supplied by the tax bank?  That wasn't a good surprise for me.  I"m bad at gold and good at mats.

Edited by Winter Thorne

The settlement looks like it's a circle on the map, so maybe/probably it's a circle in game, not sure tbh.

As for gold etc if you're in a company that's quite easy to generate once you do some maps, grab treasure or sink some ships.  Not so easy if solo, which kinda sorts out the wheat and the chaff I guess.   The interesting thing on the server, was how many islands lost their settlements roughly 24 hours after the ptr went up.  My zone obviously doesn't have gems as there's no settlements in it, but all the zones around me are full.

Doors are locked.  All the chests, lockers, machines, benchs etc are not, but you can pin code most of them.  Not that pin codes are very useful.  I guess locks will come later.

I'm going to wait for the pve server I think, it's enough to be dealing with tigers etc without having random dudes taking pot shots at me as well.  Or wrecking my hard work.

Edited by Martyn