Bullet Force

Multi Server Types - A Change For Good

ATLAS 1.5 will feature three unique game modes:

Large-scale PvP Mode:
ATLAS: Empires

ATLAS: Empires will honor the original ATLAS system with which players are familiar whilst incorporating some small adjustments to the claiming system to address issues players were experiencing. To clarify, ATLAS: Empires’ claiming system will be very similar to the traditional claiming system, but adjusted for maximum speed (increased rates) and no “anti-size” scaling. This will be the go-to hardcore mode for those looking for sandboxy high risk and high reward on a grand scale. We will not be limiting large companies, there will be no scaling based on members and there will be no pvp windows or war system.

Mid/Small-Scale PvP Mode:
ATLAS: Colonies

ATLAS: Colonies will be more structured and will utilise the new claim system we’ve announced. It will include hard company and alliance limits, the war system, and raiding hours. This game mode will be survive-and-thrive, targeted towards smaller and medium sized groups. We will be seeking to incentivise players to fight in the open world and on the sea whilst maintaining the options to raid bases and seize territory from enemies for those dedicated to doing so.

PvE Mode:
ATLAS: PvE

This game mode will be spooling up with changes and the system will be based upon details discussed in the last Captain’s Log. We will monitor our PvE mode in the PTR and beyond and continue to iterate on it as we move forward.

The developers on here don't often get much support but their decision today to cater to both types of player -  both the hardcore and the casual is one that should be met by a round of applause. This is a fantastic decision that will keep everyone happy and not alienate sectors of your player base. Well done devs.

Edited by Bullet Force
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gremlin_senpai said:

if the game had the playerbase to support splitting it in half and still having packed servers sure.

This^.

I fear the quitters will still be quitters regardless of the changes minus a small portion picked up on a new decent launch where everyone has equal land claiming abilities.

• Like 1

Its EA. If supporters of both playstyles commit to making constructive ,not selfish criticisms and feedback.

Playerbase will come. On both servers 

The demand for decent pvp mmo is immense 

The biggest enemy to this game so far has been its playerbase.

Ok that might be dramatic.  But I'm feeling emo this mornin

Edited by Back Stabbath
  • Like 1

we should not applud them for this… splitting an alrdy dying playerbase will be the last nail in the coffin for this game... the empire server will be empty and the mega tribes will just join the colonies server split their mega tribe into 5 groups of 50 men and the allie up i alrdy see them talking in discord about this… this is a stupid decision not a smart one

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

Its EA. If supporters of both playstyles commit to making constructive ,not selfish criticisms and feedback.

Playerbase will come. On both servers 

The demand for decent pvp mmo is immense 

The biggest enemy to this game so far has been its playerbase.

Ok that might be dramatic.  But I'm feeling emo this mornin

The biggest enemy to every game is the playerbase, ark survives because there is equal pve content to potential pvp content. Minus its horrible imbalances and megatribes, the pve content outweighs the risk.

Of course they will. I called it on a different thread.

The playstyle they want is garbage. It killed the game once already.

They cannot survive without huge odds in thier favour.  Shit tier players hiding in a huge zergs.

• Like 2

Empires is DOA. Supposedly multiple large megas have already announced going to colonies. 

There is a new poll floating on reddit, which atlas server will you be starting on out of 107 votes, 88% for colonies, 12% empires. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Megas fear pvp. Ark is not a pvp game it is pvo/pve   

They are hoping if they can keep huge number advantage they can wash over any possible chance of loss.

Hopefully just the mechanics is enough that maybe enough might find they actually enjoy some conflict.

They really are a cancer to the game.

49 minutes ago, SIEGEGUN said:

Empires is DOA. Supposedly multiple large megas have already announced going to colonies. 

There is a new poll floating on reddit, which atlas server will you be starting on out of 107 votes, 88% for colonies, 12% empires. 

Man I really hope not. I really hope they all go try the Empire setting. Although to be fair all my anecdotal evidence says they don't actually like to PvP each other. 

1 minute ago, Chucksteak said:

Man I really hope not. I really hope they all go try the Empire setting. Although to be fair all my anecdotal evidence says they don't actually like to PvP each other. 

They are. You can also tell by the poll on reddit. No one is starting on empires. Out of now 147 votes, 90% are starting on colonies. Only 10% are starting on empires. There is also chatter on reddit and other places of more than a couple mega tribes committing to colonies. I am not worried, they will game the system as they can but no matter what they will be impaired, and no matter what they will have to fight people and not offline them or swarm them over for a week straight. So there is definitely more than a fighting chance now.

• Like 1

why would mega tribes go to empires, when theres going to be noone other than them there. They will cut down to an ultra hardcore 50man group, probs ally with 1-2 other similar groups and then continue business as usual.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Back Stabbath said:

Megas fear pvp. Ark is not a pvp game it is pvo/pve   

They are hoping if they can keep huge number advantage they can wash over any possible chance of loss.

Hopefully just the mechanics is enough that maybe enough might find they actually enjoy some conflict.

They really are a cancer to the game.

I totally agree with you

14 minutes ago, Gremlin_senpai said:

why would mega tribes go to empires, when theres going to be noone other than them there. They will cut down to an ultra hardcore 50man group, probs ally with 1-2 other similar groups and then continue business as usual.

But there were like 3 whole people bitching hard about how the old mega tribe rules all system was so much better. Also there were several very large companys that already paired down to 250 from 500. I am hoping a large number of them go try the settings made for them.

• Like 1

It will still be fun. 

I was having fun even with the low pop fighting the zergs.

Hopefully the changes will bring back some population and the devs can adjust and adapt from there.

Who knows.

At least this proves that they are moving in the right direction, towards an mmo and away from that Ark disaster shit.

I'm sure they will notice that all listening to the ARK crowd got them was wasted money on an empty server.

Edited by Back Stabbath
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

The developers on here don't often get much support but their decision today to cater to both types of player -  both the hardcore and the casual is one that should be met by a round of applause. This is a fantastic decision that will keep everyone happy and not alienate sectors of your player base. Well done devs.

Bullet force, it will all depend on how firmly will they enforce tribe limit and alliance limit rules on Colonies.

Nobody wants stealth teaming, and if the devs wipe such tribes, and further cripple caps on alliances and tribe numbers, then we are talking about the right direction. In this particular case even I will be willing to adopt subterfuge and act like I accept teaming, and secretly I shall be reporting to the devs.

Edited by gnihar

3 hours ago, Ducimus said:

we should not applud them for this… splitting an alrdy dying playerbase will be the last nail in the coffin for this game... the empire server will be empty and the mega tribes will just join the colonies server split their mega tribe into 5 groups of 50 men and the allie up i alrdy see them talking in discord about this… this is a stupid decision not a smart one

What would have been smart is Merging the two concepts and not messing with companys
Having:
Freeports Tiles
Lawless Tiles
Colonies Tiles
Empire Tiles

Base resources spawns, Ship of the dammed LVL, Around these in a way that Balances Risk and Reward

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PHaRTnONu said:

What would have been smart is Merging the two concepts and not messing with companys
Having:
Freeports Tiles
Lawless Tiles
Colonies Tiles
Empire Tiles

Base resources spawns, Ship of the dammed LVL, Around these in a way that Balances Risk and Reward

well i like the idea but honestly i dont think it would work.. mega tribes would still just put their main base in a colonies grid either by getting there first cus sheer amount of players or take it over in a raid window and then force the smaller Companys out in hte empire grid and then start the griefing all over... like i siad i like the idea but i think it would be hard to implement but dunno im not a game designer 😄

2 hours ago, gnihar said:

Bullet force, it will all depend on how firmly will they enforce tribe limit and alliance limit rules on Colonies.

Nobody wants stealth teaming, and if the devs wipe such tribes, and further cripple caps on alliances and tribe numbers, then we are talking about the right direction. In this particular case even I will be willing to adopt subterfuge and act like I accept teaming, and secretly I shall be reporting to the devs.

What do you mean by "stealth teaming"?  If you mean two companies agreeing to cooperate and work together but they aren't actually allies, why would that be against the rules?

8 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

If they try to make 2 types of PvP Servers most will just come to the most populated one with the new mechanics since most of us in the large alliances WANTED the raid timers, claim changes etc.  Empire PvP will be empty and pointless now.  Colonies made up of large alliances of Neutral companies will dominate anyways.  You can not force people not to band together to accomplish goals.  We will always find workarounds.

• Like 1

They didn't go into detail on how the colonies will work, but I hope they at least change the alliance limit to a player count limit instead of companies, with company l limit, only companies with max amount of players will be in alliances. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CazzT said:

What do you mean by "stealth teaming"?  If you mean two companies agreeing to cooperate and work together but they aren't actually allies, why would that be against the rules?

I think the worry is that a mega will prefer to split into 10 companys and all exist in one discord, and consistently work as one unit against what is theoretically all the other 50 man companies. Or even against an alliance that may hold 2-4 companies that dont exist as one unit in a discord.

The proper place for this play style would be the Empire servers ofc. That, however implies they compete with other megas, and that is antithetical to most, if not all, megas.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chucksteak said:

I think the worry is that a mega will prefer to split into 10 companys and all exist in one discord, and consistently work as one unit against what is theoretically all the other 50 man companies. Or even against an alliance that may hold 2-4 companies that dont exist as one unit in a discord.

The proper place for this play style would be the Empire servers ofc. That, however implies they compete with other megas, and that is antithetical to most, if not all, megas.

That is the "worry" and have no fear that is EXACTLY what most of the megas are planning and doing. Or that's what they say they are on different forums. I am not worried about this. Grapeshot can do what they will now and in the future to curb it, but even with things as they stand now at least small companies have a fighting chance. I do not mind losing if I can at least fight. We will see... 

4 hours ago, CazzT said:

What I am concerned about, is that Colonies do not end up like ark smalltribes cluster: a bunch of smaller companies stealth allied, formed in a zerg way, and attacking newcomers. Stealth allied as in avoiding alliance caps in toxic way. This would be the Empire type of gaming and belong in Empire type server. I envisioned lots of smaller cluster alliances and more diversity in that regard on Colonies, enforced by devs.

Edited by gnihar

5 hours ago, gnihar said:

What I am concerned about, is that Colonies do not end up like ark smalltribes cluster: a bunch of smaller companies stealth allied, formed in a zerg way, and attacking newcomers. Stealth allied as in avoiding alliance caps in toxic way. This would be the Empire type of gaming and belong in Empire type server. I envisioned lots of smaller cluster alliances and more diversity in that regard on Colonies, enforced by devs.

Well with the war system and raid timers that concern is a bit blunted with that mechanic.

i still think Colonies will be the predominantly played server and Empire's will only be a 10% of colonies as most PVP would rather have the rule and more people then less people