Sign in to follow this  
Sklex

A Complete Redesign

3 minutes ago, CazzT said:

Yes, I have.

Some are.  Many are not.  You're lumping all unofficials together.  There's too variety in unofficials to do be able to compare them like that.  You have to compare unofficials that are similar to official.  Which is what I was doing with [A1], which I played on in addition to NA PVP.

Completely disagree. Mashing the modes together is not a good idea. Believe what you will.

12 minutes ago, SIEGEGUN said:

Completely disagree. Mashing the modes together is not a good idea. Believe what you will.

I don't think anyone is asking for this to be the only option.  I've only seen this presented as an extra ruleset/set up for additional servers.

2 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

HELL NO. That's all i gotta say about this "redesign" you proposed.

Ou of curiosity and with the aim of having a proper conversation. Why? What impact would this have on your personal game play? 

1 hour ago, Sklex said:

Ou of curiosity and with the aim of having a proper conversation. Why? What impact would this have on your personal game play? 

I mean i like what you've said but you can't put fully pve safe space grids on pvp oriented servers. Pve scenarios like dungeons are awesome, so is factions, but you still need to be able to kill people, structures, and whatever else you wanna kill in all spaces. I once supported the idea of playor towns on freeports. but that was about it, for the sake of getting trade started. trade/commerce and pve work even in pvp just there's gotta be the risk of other players playing pirates and bad guys in all spaces ya know what i'm sayin?

I'm also not gonna lie, last night when i responded to your OP, i was already up for 23 hours waiting for the captain's log and was kinda upset after i read it, then after that when i wrote this lol. I didn't even read it till now really, b4 it just saw the map.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

If there will be a server like this I will for sure use it.  In this map I can do all thing in my playtime frame.

But I think the pve part will be overwhelming crowed and there will be no building place. Because the going to save there high grade stuff there.  If they use the ark game design they use now. 

For all people that say no pve and PvP can not be mixed it will not work, there must be danger for everyone. Look at eve it works and the wannabe the new eve so....

Want better stuff you need to take risk and sail to far away islands. And transport it back. And suddenly you can attack ships with a reason because I want that high grade stuff. And ... The game is going to look like a ..... Pirate game.

But as long as they (dev) stick to the ark mentality it will be never a new kind of eve.

35 minutes ago, awakatanka said:

But as long as they (dev) stick to the ark mentality it will be never a new kind of eve.

Thank God for that.  I don't play Eve.  I don't want to play Eve.  I will never play Eve, or anything like it.

Edited by Draalei

2 hours ago, Draalei said:

Thank God for that.  I don't play Eve.  I don't want to play Eve.  I will never play Eve, or anything like it.

Why not? 

You don't need to. Plenty of safe places where you can go about your business without ever having to fight another person. 

I'm a pve'r in THIS game. I enjoy the aspects of exploring these different islands/servers and meeting people. I also like the challenge of having to travel to find animals in different locations on the map to tame and eventually will attempt breeding in various locations. I still want a penguin from the tundra area. 

Your map seems to take all my fun away. However I have always agreed with the Ghost Ship idea. Those should be rare and a collaboration of people coming together to kill imo with great loot auto divided out.

Edited by Eve BlackVeil

You really don't need to make those pve sections quite as big as 5x5, given that heavy-duty pve players like me would want absolutely nothing to do with your server idea.

Also Eve is a terrible, terrible game and no dev team anywhere should be looking at emulating its parade of failures.

Some would argue they did more than something right lol. 

How many MMO's have you seen maintain these sort of numbers. 

Honestly what i see in this community is really quite sad. The game play experience has been so bad that people don't want to play together anymore. 

Eve+Accounts.bmp