Sign in to follow this  
Konvar

Developers! STOP! PVE!

Tomorrow turn on the patch with the new claim system for PVE!

We are tired of waiting, we are ready!

Just erase all claims. Turn on the new system without removing the character and buildings.

It will be PTR PVE already tomorrow ... 

It's impossible? We will start testing and not crying on the forum!

5 minutes ago, Konvar said:

Tomorrow turn on the patch with the new claim system for PVE!

We are tired of waiting, we are ready!

Just erase all claims. Turn on the new system without removing the character and buildings.

It will be PTR PVE already tomorrow ... 

It's impossible? We will start testing and not crying on the forum!

Let us know how this table flipping works out for you. I’m sure it will be very effective.

1 hour ago, Konvar said:

Ahh. A perfect opportunity to introduce you to my thoughts on why time travel is impossible. How is this in any way related? Stay tuned to find out!

If you were to just go back in time, where do you think you’ll end up? Floating in space. Why? The Earth moves very quickly. Even a time jump of just seconds would probably result in your death.

Part of the patch is adding and moving islands. Where do you think structures will be? Floating In the air over the water, just waiting to smash a passing ship.

Perhaps they could keep the characters during the wipe. But, with the addition of these same islands, additional discovery points will be added, and some may be removed. They may also be tweaking the skills tree, which yes, on its own is not enough to require recreating a character.

But, if you had to choose between them spending the time to get the game mechanics to where they want them to be, or put the time into making it so people can retain a current character, which would you choose?

“But Del, you never really said why time travel is impossible, just that it would kill you. It would still be possible if you didn’t mind dying, right?” I hear nobody asking.

I think of actual time travel like this. Time itself is a construct for people to be able to measure the rate of change. The only true time travel would be to return everything in existence to it’s previous state. And you’d still have to move yourself to where you want to end up, hoping you don’t end up with your molecules merging with something else.

Edited by Salty Del
Forgot a word. Bonus points if you find which one. 😜
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hiddenftw said:

they dont got nothing ready whats so hard to understand 🙂 thats why is delayed

Then remove the patch date from splash screen when you start the game dammit!  That’s what’s hard to understand!

First people complained a wipe was anounced now people complain its not anounced exactly when it happens.

Edited by Jannes Wal

6 hours ago, Salty Del said:

If you were to just go back in time, where do you think you’ll end up? Floating in space. Why? The Earth moves very quickly. Even a time jump of just seconds would probably result in your death.

“But Del, you never really said why time travel is impossible, just that it would kill you. It would still be possible if you didn’t mind dying, right?” I hear nobody asking.

I think of actual time travel like this. Time itself is a construct for people to be able to measure the rate of change. The only true time travel would be to return everything in existence to it’s previous state. And you’d still have to move yourself to where you want to end up, hoping you don’t end up with your molecules merging with something else.

Too much standard physics, not enough quantum theory.  Where's the chaos in it?  

If I am standing in a closed box, I can either be time traveling or not time traveling and you won't know until you open the box.

Who are you people and what are you doing in my livingroom?  Get out right now or I'll call the police!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fly200 said:

Then remove the patch date from splash screen when you start the game dammit!  That’s what’s hard to understand!

You were bitching in another thread about not being told soon enough about the wipe and now you're asking for the splash screen to removed entirely.  Why are you posting on these forums, the fries are done and I don't like my fries burnt.  Get back to work.

1 hour ago, Winter Thorne said:

If I am standing in a closed box, I can either be time traveling or not time traveling and you won't know until you open the box.

Schrodinger’s Who?

• Haha 1