Sign in to follow this  
lordkhan4444

2-50 players

11 minutes ago, CazzT said:

Any basis for this Chicken Little panicking?

So who expect us to have 15x15 with the playerbase that will be left? Its common sence

6 minutes ago, Knivet said:

So who expect us to have 15x15 with the playerbase that will be left? Its common sence

No it isn't. The population will be fine. What is not common sense is assuming the server that will have the MOST population by far would be reduced in size. It will be 15x15. Empires is looking to be DOA. It will be a ghost town. 

Folks need to remember to look beyond the "now".  Release is almost 2 years away. There will be people coming and going...alot. 

Both PvP servers are viable long term as there will always be people drawn to both.

On another note, does it matter to a 4 man company if they are fighting against 50 or fighting against 100?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Knivet said:

You realize you could save Jet and the devs countless hours of time by sharing your knowledge of future with them, right?  I mean, since you clearly know already exactly how many people will return, why not help make the game better by telling the people that need information the most?  Or would it be more accurate to say you're just being negative because "u mad"

4 minutes ago, CazzT said:

You realize you could save Jet and the devs countless hours of time by sharing your knowledge of future with them, right?  I mean, since you clearly know already exactly how many people will return, why not help make the game better by telling the people that need information the most?  Or would it be more accurate to say you're just being negative because "u mad"

Or like you, chasing discussion about negativity? no thanks, Ill be just fine at the place im now 🙂 I do tell my opinions, post bug reports about bugs i find, what do you do?

I would prefer up to 10, not 50.

And a maximum of 2 alliances.

Edited by gnihar
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Knivet said:

They made the 15x15 grids to hold 40 000 players. They could barely get 20k players at most. Now they want to split the server player base in half, and you still expect them to pay 30k $ times two in server upkeep for both servers to have 15x15 grids? We be Lucky if we see even half that size if this pushes true, my opinion tho. 

There will be a huge amount of players. It only took a few twitch streamers to get the servers full at launch. They now know there is money to be made (more than a milion copies sold according to steamspy) so they can spend on marketing.  

Expect full servers in the future, we will be telling tales about flying whales from the early days and the noobs will listen in awe!

They can follow 2nd life and crypto kitties by having some obscure russian/chinese/american/arab business guy buy an island for 10 bitcon to trigger a goldrush 😉

Edited by Jannes Wal

10 minutes ago, gnihar said:

I would prefer up to 10, not 50.

And a maximum of 2 alliances.

I have friends i like to play with 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Knivet said:

Or like you, chasing discussion about negativity? no thanks, Ill be just fine at the place im now 🙂 I do tell my opinions, post bug reports about bugs i find, what do you do?

Same thing.  But I also call out when someone is making asinine remarks with nothing to back it up.

1 hour ago, Jannes Wal said:

There will be a huge amount of players. It only took a few twitch streamers to get the servers full at launch. They now know there is money to be made (more than a milion copies sold according to steamspy) so they can spend on marketing.  

Expect full servers in the future, we will be telling tales about flying whales from the early days and the noobs will listen in awe!

They can follow 2nd life and crypto kitties by having some obscure russian/chinese/american/arab business guy buy an island for 10 bitcon to trigger a goldrush 😉

Ehh, don’t be inviting that cancer from Entropia and second life into this community please.

1 hour ago, Jannes Wal said:

Nope. That will not happen

I think the two systems is a great idea.  We will see if both are viable, or if only one survives until launch.  Will be interesting to see if Megas are interested in only playing against other Megas.  As for the 2-50 servers, it would be interesting of they eventually set a hard cap of 50 in an Alliance.  I see benefits to that.  The servers can only hold 150 people, so by limiting both companies, and alliances to 50, you ensure that flooding the server with people is not a valid tactic to either win a war by default, or prevent the war from taking place.  At most, your company/Alliance would be able to constitute 1/3 of the server capacity during an attack or defense.

5 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

I think the two systems is a great idea.  We will see if both are viable, or if only one survives until launch.  Will be interesting to see if Megas are interested in only playing against other Megas.  As for the 2-50 servers, it would be interesting of they eventually set a hard cap of 50 in an Alliance.  I see benefits to that.  The servers can only hold 150 people, so by limiting both companies, and alliances to 50, you ensure that flooding the server with people is not a valid tactic to either win a war by default, or prevent the war from taking place.  At most, your company/Alliance would be able to constitute 1/3 of the server capacity during an attack or defense.

Yeah, the small group servers will end up being awesome. But no, the Megas won’t want to fight each other. They are more afraid to lose their stuff than small groups. 

It will turn into an alliance fest and the first person to do something wrong will have the whole cluster on them 😂 

only the weak start a gang

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CazzT said:

Same thing.  But I also call out when someone is making asinine remarks with nothing to back it up.

Do you have something to back it up then? guess not

20 minutes ago, Knivet said:

Some people just want to bash other people. Just be the bigger person. Not talking crap just good advice

47 minutes ago, Knivet said:

I'm not the one making the asinine claims.  Burden of proof is on you.

26 minutes ago, Realist said:

Some people just want to bash other people. Just be the bigger person. Not talking crap just good advice

Says the guy who has done almost nothing but bash the devs and the game...

Looks like I missed the window on this topic when still somewhat productive. It’s hit the depths of the swamp of humanity that all forum posts eventually descend into to die. 

Anyway, I do like the idea of splitting up pvp into two distinct play styles that are not exactly compatible. 2-50 “colonies” is going to be very popular. The new claim style is basically how people play on pvp as it stands now. Small to mid size companies can claim an entire island and defend it pretty easily and run off the random settlers. Now, at least, there is incentive for both parties to work together. Mega companies could always dominate mid size so it makes sense to split them up.

the smaller server grid is pure speculation BUT if they did decide to do that it wouldn’t bother me at all, the “world” as it stands is mostly just repeated islands that work well when you have the population to fill them, and not so well when you have single digit population on each. There is no need to sail all 255 grids when you can get everything you need on 1/10 of that. Personally I think they will leave it 15x15 and try to make improvements to regrow the population . 

I am pretty happy with the new changes, here’s to hoping that things continue to move in that direction.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CazzT said:

I'm not the one making the asinine claims.  Burden of proof is on you.

Says the guy who has done almost nothing but bash the devs and the game...

Yep. Bashing a company is one thing. Bashing a person for their beliefs is another. I have seen you do it plenty of times. I don’t attack people on here. There is no reason to since we are all here about the game.

some people like to resort to bash other people. If bashing a group of people is different than attack someone for their beliefs. It’s just not good 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yep. Bashing a company is one thing. Bashing a person for their beliefs is another. I have seen you do it plenty of times. I don’t attack people on here. There is no reason to since we are all here about the game.

some people like to resort to bash other people. If bashing a group of people is different than attack someone for their beliefs. It’s just not good 

Yeah i agree, went to see his profile, all hi does is critism other people meanings.

Just now, Knivet said:

Yeah i agree, went to see his profile, all hi does is critism other people meanings.

Yeah there is a few people in here that do that. I just let them be them. I can’t change them and they can’t change me so the argument becomes pointless.

i criticize the company because not only is good reason too but also because as customers or potential customers it is our duty to let them know what they are doing wrong and what needs to be fixed. That is the whole purpose of “testing” the game after all.

either way, we can’t say they are wrong and they can’t say we are wrong. In the battle of opinions the one one that is right is the one that has that opinion to begin with

6 minutes ago, Knivet said:

Then you're not looking at my profile.  I provide information and ask people to question what they're saying.  Of course, to a troll, that would be "critism other people meanings" because you aren't interested in constructive feedback and discussion.

13 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yep. Bashing a company is one thing. Bashing a person for their beliefs is another.

Only if you're trying to move the goal post.

14 minutes ago, Realist said:

I have seen you do it plenty of times.

You've seen me call people out for being Chicken Littles and lying.  I like how both of you are being extremely selective with what you're reading while profile stalking me, though.

15 minutes ago, Realist said:

I don’t attack people on here.

ROFLMAO.... You're doing that right now.

Just now, CazzT said:

Then you're not looking at my profile.  I provide information and ask people to question what they're saying.  Of course, to a troll, that would be "critism other people meanings" because you aren't interested in constructive feedback and discussion.

Only if you're trying to move the goal post.

You've seen me call people out for being Chicken Littles and lying.  I like how both of you are being extremely selective with what you're reading while profile stalking me, though.

ROFLMAO.... You're doing that right now.

How have I attacked you. Did I call you a name? I just said for him to ignore you. That is not an attack. Saying that you do that is also not an attack. I also didn’t say your views were wrong mind you. You have the right to your opinion. I have the right to tell people to ignore you if you may or may not be harassing them. See I didn’t even say you were. 

Just now, Realist said:

How have I attacked you.

Both of these are in reply to knivet talking about me specifically.  You will claim that you weren't talking about me, but that's a cop out.

19 minutes ago, Realist said:

Bashing a person for their beliefs is another. I have seen you do it plenty of times.

11 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah there is a few people in here that do that.

---------------

11 minutes ago, Realist said:

Saying that you do that is also not an attack.

It is when it's a lie.

12 minutes ago, Realist said:

I have the right to tell people to ignore you if you may or may not be harassing them. See I didn’t even say you were. 

You are implying that I am with "may or may not be".  You're using weasel words and being obtuse with your insults so you can claim that you're not attacking people.

55 minutes ago, Realist said:

A few days ago I said you were a two-faced hypocritical troll, and you have proven me right again.

You claim to not attack people on here because we are all here about the game, yet this is what you say about Atlas players that are here for the game.

hdt8iuf.png

Link to the tweet to prove the image isn't edited:

And you are the one desperately waiting for Atlas to release on Xbox, why? So that you can become one of those stupidest and most pathetic players out there?

I really hope people on this forum start to truly see how two-faced and hypocritical you really are.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

A few days ago I said you were a two-faced hypocritical troll, and you have proven me right again.

You claim to not attack people on here because we are all here about the game, yet this is what you say about Atlas players that are here for the game.

hdt8iuf.png

Link to the tweet to prove the image isn't edited:

And you are the one desperately waiting for Atlas to release on Xbox, why? So that you can become one of those stupidest and most pathetic players out there?

I really hope people on this forum start to truly see how two-faced and hypocritical you really are.

If most of my friends(ark players) are playing atlas then yeah I am going to play atlas. 

And dude, the ones that disagree with me were already disagreeing with me and the ones that agree with me are still going to because they believe the game is the way it is. I stand by everything I say here or on Twitter.

you are trying to do a smear campaign but when it comes down to it if I say I don’t like Megas, whoever else doesn’t like Megas is going to agree.

but hey, you do you.

37 minutes ago, CazzT said:

Both of these are in reply to knivet talking about me specifically.  You will claim that you weren't talking about me, but that's a cop out.

---------------

It is when it's a lie.

You are implying that I am with "may or may not be".  You're using weasel words and being obtuse with your insults so you can claim that you're not attacking people.

Except it’s not a lie 🤷🏿‍♂️