Sign in to follow this  
lordkhan4444

2-50 players

now what I think will happen. 200+ server will die off as they all flood into the smaller/mid server. remember megas were only big because they swallowed up all the small clans. now megas will come to 2-50 server and ally up and contintue to crush!

probably the 2-50 server will be 5x5 tho, say goodbye to 15x15 grids.

Edited by Knivet
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Knivet said:

would be worst decision

Well, you cant expect them to have 2x 15x15 servers for PvP when they split the playerbase in half, and they couldnt even get 1/4 of the potential players on one server?

And they have the skills to make the worst decisions.

If It wasn't bad already that pve and pvp were separated in a different server, they decided to split pvp in two. It feels to me that they are clueless about how to develop the vision they sold to us so they are throwing  ideas  through social media to see if something sticks.

Gotta give it to them,  they  know how to make a good marketing campaign. On one of the articles i read it was said that this was going to be "the eve online of the seas with 2018 looks", up to 40k players in one world.🤣

Edited by znasser

1 hour ago, Knivet said:

1 hour ago, Knivet said:

Well, you cant expect them to have 2x 15x15 servers for PvP when they split the playerbase in half, and they couldnt even get 1/4 of the potential players on one server?

And they have the skills to make the worst decisions.

I am sure they will be 15x15. It would not make sense to make them smaller. The population will be large for this server. I would be money the 2-50 company servers will have a higher population that the one staying the same. Personally I do not think the "mega" tribe server will have a very high population. I could be wrong, but I do not think I am. 

39 minutes ago, znasser said:

If It wasn't bad already that pve and pvp were separated in a different server, they decided to split pvp in two. It feels to me that they are clueless about how to develop the vision they sold to us so they are throwing  ideas  through social media to see if something sticks.

Gotta give it to them,  they  know how to make a good marketing campaign. On one of the articles i read it was said that this was going to be "the eve online of the seas with 2018 looks", up to 40k players in one world.🤣

I do not think that is the case. From a game development standpoint this is actually a smart move. This way they can see which modes are popular, and develop or codevelop the popular mode, and or drop any mode that does not perform. This also gives options to players which is always a good thing in a game. Now people that want to PvO can have their place, and people that want to actually have fun PvP and actually fighting people can also do so. Nothing wrong with that. Sure the player base is split, but this way they can see which direction to go, and drop what ever mode doesn't do well, or keep them both if they both do well. They have posted they are well funded through the dev cycle up until launch, new and old players will see the changes, see if they like them, and settle into one of the two modes.

Choice is good. 

• Like 1

Yay, by the time the patch hits live you can put all remaining players in one company on the 2-50 Server.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Grongash said:

Yay, by the time the patch hits live you can put all remaining players in one company on the 2-50 Server.

LOL that is possible!

28 minutes ago, SIEGEGUN said:

Choice is good.

I completely agree with that, being able to choose is good. What i dislike, among other things is the idea of having to marry my choice.  What if i wanna try any of the other options? Do i have to start from zero? On the other hand, this game has potential to be played in a lot of diferent ways than the classic, i build my base and i go to trash other people bases. You could be a merchant, a shipbuilder, a pirate.. i don't know, even the guy who runs a fightclub. In which one of the servers should i do it ? Also, but not less important, the last 4-6 weeks, long before wipe anouncement, the game has become quite boring because the map is way too big for so few people. What kind of active playerbase are we gonna need so the game doesn't feel like a huge empty world when we split them between  6 official servers instead of the current 4?

Im giving you an example of what i mean. What if instead of two pvp servers, they run the north side of the pvp server with one ruleset and the south with the other. Would it be so hard to implement? Would it be so easy to exploit the advantages of one side that would be so disadvantageous for the other? What's the point of making such a huge world, if you are giving every way of playing the game a different server?

1 hour ago, SIEGEGUN said:

I am sure they will be 15x15. It would not make sense to make them smaller. The population will be large for this server. I would be money the 2-50 company servers will have a higher population that the one staying the same. Personally I do not think the "mega" tribe server will have a very high population. I could be wrong, but I do not think I am. 

I do not think that is the case. From a game development standpoint this is actually a smart move. This way they can see which modes are popular, and develop or codevelop the popular mode, and or drop any mode that does not perform. This also gives options to players which is always a good thing in a game. Now people that want to PvO can have their place, and people that want to actually have fun PvP and actually fighting people can also do so. Nothing wrong with that. Sure the player base is split, but this way they can see which direction to go, and drop what ever mode doesn't do well, or keep them both if they both do well. They have posted they are well funded through the dev cycle up until launch, new and old players will see the changes, see if they like them, and settle into one of the two modes.

Choice is good. 

They made the 15x15 grids to hold 40 000 players. They could barely get 20k players at most. Now they want to split the server player base in half, and you still expect them to pay 30k $ times two in server upkeep for both servers to have 15x15 grids? We be Lucky if we see even half that size if this pushes true, my opinion tho. 

1 minute ago, znasser said:

I completely agree with that, being able to choose is good. What i dislike, among other things is the idea of having to marry my choice.  What if i wanna try any of the other options? Do i have to start from zero? On the other hand, this game has potential to be played in a lot of diferent ways than the classic, i build my base and i go to trash other people bases. You could be a merchant, a shipbuilder, a pirate.. i don't know, even the guy who runs a fightclub. In which one of the servers should i do it ? Also, but not less important, the last 4-6 weeks, long before wipe anouncement, the game has become quite boring because the map is way too big for so few people. What kind of active playerbase are we gonna need so the game doesn't feel like a huge empty world when we split them between  6 official servers instead of the current 4?

Im giving you an example of what i mean. What if instead of two pvp servers, they run the north side of the pvp server with one ruleset and the south with the other. Would it be so hard to implement? Would it be so easy to exploit the advantages of one side that would be so disadvantageous for the other? What's the point of making such a huge world, if you are giving every way of playing the game a different server?

I see the concern, and I have seen other echo it in recent posts. I do think it is something to worry about, but as I posted elsewhere if one mode flops they can easily just pull the plug and concentrate on the modes that work. I do not think population is going to be that large of a problem. I think the new system will bring back a decent amount of people. The devs are also looking at it from the long view, they want a sustainable game, population fluctuating during an alpha state game while still in development with a 2 year out actual launch window is expected. I think as I said a lot of people will return. Do I think it will be 40k people? No. But I think, especially initially, a lot more people than were on before the wipe announcement. 

I do not think that will work, if it could have they would have tried it. I do not think the two systems are compatible and the balancing would be a nightmare. People would game that system as well, and it would be harder to stop that because you would have two separate systems that you would be trying to shoehorn in together. And we do not need it. The population will come back and stabilize. 

1 minute ago, Knivet said:

They made the 15x15 grids to hold 40 000 players. They could barely get 20k players at most. Now they want to split the server player base in half, and you still expect them to pay 30k $ times two in server upkeep for both servers to have 15x15 grids? We be Lucky if we see even half that size if this pushes true, my opinion tho. 

Yes I expect them to spend that, it is not as much as you think and they have straight said in a twitter post they are well funded through the entire dev cycle. The small company map will be the full 15x15. It does not even make sense logically for them to do it any other way. The money to run it is nothing to them. The population will grow over time.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Knivet said:

I find it hard to believe a company like them would pay per grid. They probably have rented one or more servers that they run multiple grids on. Might be able to support two 15x15 grids with the current hardware, I have no idea.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pant said:

I find it hard to believe a company like them would pay per grid. They probably have rented one or more servers that they run multiple grids on. Might be able to support two 15x15 grids with the current hardware, I have no idea.

They might even own the hardware and have it sitting and tended to by the host. that happens a lot in IT and server hosts. Also servers are not that much money in reality. I could buy enough hardware to run the full 15x15 easily from just slightly older server hardware and it wouldn't actually be a lot of money. I have wasted more on cars in one blow as a hobby personally. 

7 minutes ago, SIEGEGUN said:

They might even own the hardware and have it sitting and tended to by the host. that happens a lot in IT and server hosts. Also servers are not that much money in reality. I could buy enough hardware to run the full 15x15 easily from just slightly older server hardware and it wouldn't actually be a lot of money. I have wasted more on cars in one blow as a hobby personally. 

Yeah, im running all grids on my Amiga commodore 64 atm, no resource demand at all 🙂

5 minutes ago, Knivet said:

Yeah, im running all grids on my Amiga commodore 64 atm, no resource demand at all 🙂

LOL I never said it didn't demand resources, just that it is not what a lot of people think it is. And I really could buy enough hardware cheaply. You can buy a 3ghz 64CPU 512 gb ram server for under 1000.  The electricity bill would suck, but even that isn't what people think it might be. Depending on what someone takes in they might just do things like that as a hobby. I used to. For the price of a new turbo kit for a car you have more than enough servers to run the full 15x15.

Can someone please explain why this datas not true now:

Company Updates

Company limit has been reduced to 250 members

An alliance now only contains a maximum of 4 companies

A company can only be in 2 different alliances at a time.

Now let’s hope there won’t be any cartel forming on the smaller groups. But I think not, let’s hope it all works out. 

39 minutes ago, Redrick said:

Can someone please explain why this datas not true now:

Because of this quote from the captains log

One group of players is interested in design focused on small to mid-sized companies (2-50 players) [...]

The OP might think that they will implement a hard limit of 50 players per company for the Colonies playmode.
There are no hard facts for this. It is just an assumption. .... I hope 😄

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Kappinski said:

Because of this quote from the captains log

The OP might think that they will implement a hard limit of 50 players per company for the Colonies playmode.
There are no hard facts for this. It is just an assumption. .... I hope 😄

The captains log says the limit is 50. 2-50. That is not assumption, that is what they said. It could of course change.

4 hours ago, znasser said:

Splitting pvp is the best decision. Big groups need to be put in their place since nobody wants to play with them. 

14 minutes ago, SIEGEGUN said:

The captains log says the limit is 50. 2-50. That is not assumption, that is what they said. It could of course change.

Where? They talked about prefered playstyles of the playerbase. That is the only passage where the number "50" was used. But in the same sentence they talked about +200 for the empire mode. +200 is not a precise limit. So why should 50 be a precise limit. In addition to that they didn't use the word "limit" in that text passage.
I am not a native english speaker so I might just don't get it.
In the passage where they write specific about each mode, yes there they used the word limit. But they also said they will introduce the changes in the colonies mode that were announced before. Of course they wouldn't need the 250 player limit that was announced before if this mode isn't meant to be played by large companies.
But still, this doesn't convince me that they are introducing a 50 player limit in colonies mode.
I think it could be lower than 250. But not 50. That is just to small.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kappinski said:

Where? They talked about prefered playstyles of the playerbase. That is the only passage where the number "50" was used. But in the same sentence they talked about +200 for the empire mode. +200 is not a precise limit. So why should 50 be a precise limit. In addition to that they didn't use the word "limit" in that text passage.
I am not a native english speaker so I might just don't get it.
In the passage where they write specific about each mode, yes there they used the word limit. But they also said they will introduce the changes in the colonies mode that were announced before. Of course they wouldn't need the 250 player limit that was announced before if this mode isn't meant to be played by large companies.
But still, this doesn't convince me that they are introducing a 50 player limit in colonies mode.
I think it could be lower than 250. But not 50. That is just to small.

Yes they only talk about it there, but 2-50 is a limit, the 200+ just means large mega companies. And yes you can limit one and not the other in English. You are correct they do not specify it per se but they imply it heavily. They might change that but I will bet 50 is the hard limit. English is neat sometimes. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Knivet said:

Any basis for this Chicken Little panicking?

4 minutes ago, CazzT said:

Any basis for this Chicken Little panicking?

No, besides the unfortunate amount of semi illiterate people who post here.

• Like 1