Dollie

Captain's Log 24: Public Test Realm Ahoy!

1 minute ago, Amy3 said:

On PVE, "big tribes" make up a single digit percentage of the playerbase. Not even a high single digit, either. Orion regularly hit #1 for months and at their height only had like, 20 regular dudes.

I don't know where you got that statistic. All of PvE is around 11% of the total playerbase. Before the "Big Tribes" stopped playing because we literally ran out of stuff to do (Mid Feb) the average daily player base (NA-PvE) was roughly 1.5-2k total players (depending on the day). 20 = 1% of 2000, with 10 tribes you would have 10% right there (Lotus, Atlas Shrugged, Paragon are also substantially bigger than them in terms of member count) .

~Lotus

23 minutes ago, Abysian said:

Could be a 50/50 then. But it doesn't take away the fact that pve, again, didn't get a lot of info. Nothing even about the alliance system.

Alliances are getting removed from PvE. Which annoys the hell out of me.

~Lotus

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Alliances are getting removed from PvE. Which annoys the hell out of me.

~Lotus

Same here, i helped so many people because of alliances, met a lot of people and was able to talk with them etc. They just take that all away 

• Like 1

Pretty much like the idea, not to struggle with the different groups but give them the environment they want to play in.

Sure, there are just 4.000 Players playing atm. but remember- there are so many people waitiung for the wipe to get back in (as far as I can say from my FB Groups with 2k members). 

Wenn ihr nur Bahnhof versteht. könnt ihr gerne wieder meine freie Übersetzung in Anspruch nehmen 😄

http://atlas-mmo.de/index.php?article/22-testserver-stapellauf-wir-taufen-dich-auf-den-namen-atlas-1-5/

Im one of those that have continued to play after the announcement of the wipe like many others are. We were told - here have 6x and go try out things you would not have done before hand. Been doing that since, but coming up with new things to try is getting very difficult. We were promised a date - which everyone knew was never going to be kept to. It was splashed all over the loading page. Then Dollie comes along and tells us that that is when the PTR is happening not the wipe, so first delay kicks in. The info Dollie has given here could have been given last Friday instead of waiting till the day before the wipe to announce a further delay. Will we be able to find new things to continually "try out"? I doubt it.

Why not launch the PTR as announced now? After all, we are testing whether or not a test server is going to work. Isnt EA testing? So why do we need the PTR in the first place? If we were not in EA I could understand the need for the PTR, its where things are, well tested. But as EA is testing then it makes nonsense of the need to have a PTR because, well EA is just that a PTR before going live.

Stop the nonsense and launch as is - and correct the issues as they come up or proven to not work.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Also the "NA" server is hosted in Germany anyway

No they are not. I wish people would stop with this. I live in southern California, no way do I get 33 ping from Germany. 

1 minute ago, Abysian said:

Same here, i helped so many people because of alliances, met a lot of people and was able to talk with them etc. They just take that all away 

Its a sense of community that I will miss. It was a way to play with people and get a feel for them as potential tribe members. It let me see how they interact with the culture of Lotus.

~Lotus

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Lotus said:

To my understanding more players want the whole island system. Big tribes wanted 1 island claims, the smaller tribes wanted 1 claim per person. What was unanimous was no freebuild on claims.

~Lotus

To my understanding more players just wanted caps on claims.   But I think you've misunderstood the other side of the argument too.

If there are caps on claims then no freebuild is fine, because everyone is getting a claim.

If it's the island system you have to have freebuild, because all the players won't have claims and they were promised land to build on.  (Not claims which is what they wanted, but just land to build on).  The freebuild is the only thing in that system trying to balance the power of the landlords and ensure land, so you have to have it.

People who wanted caps on claims aren't also arguing for no freebuild with the other system.

Two things strike me about this captain's log.  One is the amount of focus and resources being put into pvp, with pve being an afterthought.  Two is that we have even less information about what's coming up than before.

45 minutes ago, Abysian said:

I think most pve players already stated that they don't want those changes. So we're getting those stupid islands in pve, even after so many players already stated they don't want that ! We want a claim flag, that is limited per player. Again pve gets almost no info. 
You're destroying pve, and all you had to do was limit claim flags, so many people have been asking for that, yet you fail to listen.
As a pve player i really feel kinda screwed, we never get enough info, changes are made while most of the pve players don't want that those changes,
they take away stuff from pve, they're just making it worse and worse for pve.

To the other pve players, am i the only one that feels this way ?

PVE

An extended wait for changes we don't want.

They say they are making changes base on our feedback but this is not the feed back I read. If one thing stood out in the PVE feedback, it was we don't want a one flag per island system. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sysca said:

I Disagree. I think they really listened comments on the forum players in this game. In this forum you could see people complaining about griefing, offraiding etc... and others complaining about the new claiming system with whitch you are not free to attack when you want (hardcore survival) . I don't think there is any option for both type of people to play on the same server so i guess making two separate ones was the best option they had.

Yep well said. A lot of folks on this forum were not pleased to say the least with these changes being forced upon them. The devs have taken a logical and very sound decision in realizing this and listening to their player base. Now everyone will be happy us hardcore players can wage unlimited war and the casuals can do their thing on that other server.

4 minutes ago, Buck Rider said:

PVE

An extended wait for changes we don't want.

They say they are making changes base on our feedback but this is not the feed back I read. If one thing stood out in the PVE feedback, it was we don't want a one flag per island system. 

And the PTR is only intended to test for bugs in the code, not how well these design changes work, so all that will have to come out after the servers get wiped and go live, which means if people hate the new system enough, another wipe of some sort, and "more changes based on our feedback" if we're lucky.    More changes based on some idea someone pulled out of their nether regions if we're not.  And then more "iteration".

This new claims design for pve will take months to sort out with the low player numbers.  If there are only 200 people playing, everyone gets an island.  Everyone is happy.  The problems won't show up till the numbers start creeping back up.  So be prepared for everyone to be saying what a wonderful thing it is for the first few weeks.

On the other hand, the feedback from pvp seems to be understood and accepted.  (Whether it's a good or idea or not, I can't say), but they listened to the feedback at least.

42 minutes ago, SIEGEGUN said:

No they are not. I wish people would stop with this. I live in southern California, no way do I get 33 ping from Germany. 

The Eu ppl on Na claim they get a better ping on NA.

pure amateurism as well in devlopement as in comunication, its promise for the future of the game. We are tired of waiting!

• Like 1

I was an IT manager and I have a heavy computer background. It is not even possible for me to get that kind of ping from Europe with my connection and from where I am. ANY time I ping to Europe I sit at over 150 ping. It does not matter if it is a game or a website or a FTP site or a friends computer. There is no fiber in my area. I physically can not get a 33 ping from Europe. Know what I get on average to the NA servers? 33 ping. I am halfway around the world from Europe. People need to stop spreading disinformation.

This is feeling more and more like the plot of :

81ip5aabBUL._RI_SX300_.jpg

Maybe we could organise a musical called "The Developers" about a group of developers who plans was to get a bunch of investors together, over the profit share and then decided to sink their own game so they wouldn't have to payout.

However unlike The Producers, The Developers were successful in their scheme.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Winter Thorne said:

To my understanding more players just wanted caps on claims.   But I think you've misunderstood the other side of the argument too.

If there are caps on claims then no freebuild is fine, because everyone is getting a claim.

If it's the island system you have to have freebuild, because all the players won't have claims and they were promised land to build on.  (Not claims which is what they wanted, but just land to build on).  The freebuild is the only thing in that system trying to balance the power of the landlords and ensure land, so you have to have it.

People who wanted caps on claims aren't also arguing for no freebuild with the other system.

Two things strike me about this captain's log.  One is the amount of focus and resources being put into pvp, with pve being an afterthought.  Two is that we have even less information about what's coming up than before.

Atlas is a PvP game that has a PvE option. I want it to be the other way around but with the player base that is how it is now.

~Lotus

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, owo said:

flights-cancelled-delayed-iStock_0000188

Atlas is the new DnL 🙂

Well, at least they killed it 16 months before release... 

This game will only be alive on unofficials if they keep this up.

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

Atlas is a PvP game that has a PvE option. I want it to be the other way around but with the player base that is how it is now.

~Lotus

Self-fulfilling prophecy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The whole idea of Empires/Colonies is an absolute joke. Empires is basically old Atlas which is dying in its current condition. Hardly anyone is going to want to return to that nightmare and I do not foresee a significant amount of people returning to that play style. Colonies at least breathed a little hope back into the game and addressed some of the serious concerns for why many people had quit the game originally (ie. the chronic offline griefing and sleepless nights just to maintain your claims etc). But to separate the player base into these 2 different realms and limit the company size in Colonies to 50 I fear is a huge mistake and will only further reduce the population base.

They should have just stuck with their original plan for Colonies and let the players test it out as planned. Sure maybe not everyone would be happy but you can never honestly please 100% of all players in a game. I am personally in favor of testing out the new plans they had suggested such as the war token system and such and promoting more naval combat. I think the free-for-all and unlimited claim flags of Empires will just be too much of a headache... people already tried that style of game play and it drove most of the population away because it can be abused too much. Part of the thrill of this game is engaging in alliances/diplomacy and also face the threat and excitement of going against companies that may be somewhat bigger...finding ways to defend yourself whether it be via fortifying your land or establishing networks of alliances.

Mega tribes are a problem for sure, but you had already somewhat addressed that factor by reducing the company numbers and alliance groups. Those changes were enticing enough to most players to feel like at least there was a bit more of a chance to survive. But to completely put large companies and small/medium companies on two different servers is extremely disheartening and I fear will only drive even more players away.

Please reconsider simply moving forward with your original plans that you had already announced because that is what many players were looking forward to and many were considering returning to the game because of them. If you continue to delay PTR and move ahead with this new system of pulling small and large groups apart on two (or 4 if you keep EU separate) servers, then I believe you won't have the support of the community and will lose even more players. No one wants to play on dead, empty, lifeless servers where you see the same faces daily and fight the same groups repeatedly. No one wants to waste 10 hours sailing the seas and not finding anyone to fight.

• Like 5

thi big companys will move to the mid server to have ppl to fight, and just move around the 50man company thing lol not that hard one of the servers will be nearly emty that 99% sure

Well, i am extremly happy about the hardcore PVP server. Not so happy about the delay.

But better waiting longer for something nice than entering the originally planned slave empire server with megatribe protection on the 20th or march.

Thumbs up devs !

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

dang...another delay :(....we want to play...dont you understand that....we dont want to wait for the new empire systeme no ones asked for.....just put the new patch with the windored raid time ..that s all we waiting for....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kawas said:

dang...another delay :(....we want to play...dont you understand that....we dont want to wait for the new empire systeme no ones asked for.....just put the new patch with the windored raid time ..that s all we waiting for....

Maybe you waited for the patch with cannon deactivation after 9 hours, but not me 😂

I was really into this game. In fact, I took time off work to make sure I was ready to play 48 hours straight beginning on wipe day. Now it would appear I wasted 2 vacation days as I can't simply move those dates after being approved.  I'm moving on to The Division 2. Lessons learned? fucked up claiming system whether it be from unlimited claim flags to pillaring etc, and next time perhaps you shouldn't announce a wipe until you are 90% certain it will happen as scheduled. You killed the interest. Why play if everything you do till wipe is going to be deleted?

• Like 1