Dollie

Captain's Log 24: Public Test Realm Ahoy!

1 hour ago, vaylain said:

It does not matter that you agree with me on any of this. If a particular company's customers and fanbase alike feel "entitled" to be able to offer their desires and dislikes, in a consorted effort to encourage that company to change the current development direction to one that better appeals and makes their IP more marketable, then they will do so despite your opinion about whether this is right or wrong.

What you feel or believe is irrelevant. No repetitively stated disclaimer or cleverly crafted rule will elevate a company's success, it all rides on customer perception and their willingness to pay for the product that will make or break the company. If the masses feel that they are still owed a functional product despite that company's efforts to hide behind an EA clause, that is what counts not your personal feelings. Facts do NOT care about your feelings.

This reply is pretty funny to me. Every single thing you wrote is your opinion not fact. Your feelings are NOT facts.  I doubt you are the type of person who will ever see that though. You have lost my interest, I am done replying to your idiotic argument. 

Hey originally they said March 21st now its April 8th next will be April 12,.....14 May June....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 6:50 PM, Echo Screamer said:

This reply is pretty funny to me. Every single thing you wrote is your opinion not fact. Your feelings are NOT facts.  I doubt you are the type of person who will ever see that though. You have lost my interest, I am done replying to your idiotic argument. 

There is no argument and you do certainly seem intrigued. This was not derived from any opinion, this is based on years of experience as a business owner and monotonously staring at consumer reports meticulously studying spending trends. However, this is not just based on data but from the basic laws of Economics. Consumers have real power as it relates to buying commodities and software. Trust me, there is NO competent company out there that does not already know this fact.

It is NOT an opinion that when a company is perceived by its customers as being disingenuous or negligent, (and I am not implying Grapeshot is in any way), then it is their company's reputation they stand to taint, ultimately slicing their own necks. Your customers ARE your business and pissing them off rings the death knell...

11 hours ago, vaylain said:

There is no argument and you do certainly seem intrigued. This was not derived from any opinion, this is based on years of experience as a business owner and monotonously staring at consumer reports meticulously studying spending trends. However, this is not just based on data but from the basic laws of Economics. Consumers have real power as it relates to buying commodities and software. Trust me, there is NO competent company out there that does not already know this fact.

It is NOT an opinion that when a company is perceived by its customers as being disingenuous or negligent, (and I am not implying Grapeshot is in any way), then it is their company's reputation they stand to taint, ultimately slicing their own necks. Your customers ARE your business and pissing them off rings the death knell...

You already forgot about ARK didn't you? Rocky everything, they are devs building a game, then let the company handle the business side of things, this is very clear now.

Devs, modders whatever you want to call it.

On 3/21/2019 at 1:47 PM, vaylain said:

make them extremely god-like. Please, reconsider this feature.

How so? A submarine that fires a little bolt that can barely kill a fish.. or a crab.  Fired horizonatally.. the sub can only go forward, back, up or down, so it can't even angle up to attack above it.  If you had 50 players using them you might potentially manage to hit a ship at anchor.. a moving one? God like? Too much paranoia in your drink mate.

Edited by Martyn

Thats right. We hope to get the live server on 8 April! Would be a nice surprise if this would happen. 

For people who like the game its a long time 😉

59 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

As long as the delay of taking EU PvE down doesn't result in the delay of PTR then it doesn't really matter if EU PvE is not down yet.

I expect it will delay both, it'll take time to organise the patch etc which is probably, hopefully the hold up, wiping the network will take awhile unless it's done all at the same time, not in sequence, but even so, how long does it take to format a server..

So I suspect, they're either still putting the patch together or have a problem with specific aspects.  Could well be next week before the network goes down and get's patched, so a week or so later before main wipe and release.  Maybe 14th or so of April.

3 hours ago, Martyn said:

How so? A submarine that fires a little bolt that can barely kill a fish.. or a crab.  Fired horizonatally. the sub can only go forward, back, up or down, so it can't even angle up to attack above it.  If you had 50 players using them you might potentially manage to hit a ship at anchor.. a moving one? God like? Too much paranoia in your drink mate.

Are we certain that this is, in fact, a meager, pea-shooter or is it much more devious and capable? Can its weaponry be launched vertically and in rapid succession or just horizontally and only just once? We know very little about it indeed as it was a last minute announcement, further redefining the originally described, "Scouting Vessel".

If it is as benign as you claim that I stand corrected but then I would ask, what is the purpose of such a feeble weapon system, "that can barely kill a fish.. or a crab"? For now, we can only speculate from a very short, repeating video feed but if it poses as a diabolically capable machine, it may render wooden ship hulls as welcoming targets from the dark depths of the ocean.

Edited by vaylain

I doubt it will be any more powerful than any other weapon.. shoot a croc with a musket and you might do 35% damage to it or so.  I doubt the harpoon or whatever it does eventually fire will do significantly more or less.  Better to wait and see than count chickens before you even get the eggs.

Has PTR already being released? Or do we need to wait another month?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Martyn said:

I doubt it will be any more powerful than any other weapon.. shoot a croc with a musket and you might do 35% damage to it or so.  I doubt the harpoon or whatever it does eventually fire will do significantly more or less.  Better to wait and see than count chickens before you even get the eggs.

The submarine harpoon is a new underwater weapon which will ramp up oceanic combat.

Sounds a bit more in the power range of a cannon. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, eagle1977 said:

But we are afraid, that you write on 1.april: The server is on 🤣🤣🤣

After all this years dealing with ther ETA, its literally impossible that PTR its up on April 1st 😉

They cant release anything on the date they initial say, they have a "reputation" to preserve 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Our group is waiting for the patch and we will not understand why we get a ptr cause we are also tester on live server....

But what we will write here if they release the live server BEVOR 8 of April 🤣🤣🤣  

Am I to positiv? 🤔🤔🤔😜😜😜

22 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

That only works if the joke is actually told on 1st April, not before.

Here's a fail gif for you...

cute-silly-cat-drinking-milk-fail-gif-an

I feel like that kitten... I just want the milk....  Make it happen already... 

Where does it day April 1st? someone give me the link/reference. 

we got already fooled alot with promises from Grapeshot their side. There pretty quiet of there about new information about the release.