Dollie

Captain's Log 24: Public Test Realm Ahoy!

At this rate I really hope they do stuff for solo people. My entire company has now moved on to Outlaws of the Old West due to the repeated delays and waiting over a month now for stuff to happen. 

4 hours ago, Prhyme said:

LMAO I've never seen so much whining in my life. I guess all you babies can make a better game? yeah it's shi**y it's delayed, but what can we do, it's only a couple of weeks. There's so many other games to play right now, go do something. Problem is, everyone is sitting in forums, bored, hoping something will change. IT'S A COUPLE WEEKS!! they didn't say it was delayed until next year. This game is gonna be awesome and the devs really seem like they give a sh*t. Let them do their job, they are doing a good job and they are listening to everyone. Honestly, it isn't surprising that it got delayed, this is a big project, stuff like this doesn't get made overnight. Hope to see you guys on PvP and have some fun!

That was not the problem. The time between the first info about wipe and the patch is too long.. And then delay, delay, delay... Why a Test-server? We are testing in ea. 

But you are right. In my opinon the try ti fix bugs fast. 

My guild playing one game for a long time and we will not play an other for 3 or 4 weeks. So, we like this game but we dont like to wait till??? 

Well I for one am happy you guys are trying the two different forms of PVP. It's like people forget that this is early access. It blows my mind the amount of people complaining here. It's a fun game, it's getting better. Some people need to accept its a work in progress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

if they push the update and it's bugged people will cry

if they delay the update people will cry

so people will cry nomatter what they do.

welcome to humanity 2019

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its ok that they take their time to make it right.

But their community information management is „Below Zero“.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Arykos said:

welcome to humanity 2019

I think the problem is more serious than the one you describe, of course, no one likes a game launched before full of bugs. but the thing that makes you angry is precisely that the Dev have not respected an expiration date, a question that casts doubt on their seriousness and respect for the players who have paid for this game. it is true that it was an early access but they already had experience in this type of games, see Ark, so if they continue on this road they will have a user equal to zero.

On 3/19/2019 at 12:52 PM, Meriamon said:
i think the best is to have an ORP activate 30 - 45min after the last member was offline.

This was what many of us were asking for long before all of this other "Mega March Update", "Server Wipes", and "3-server Modes" had been announced. Implementing the requested ORP for PVP servers would have been a hell of a lot better/easier than this cluster f***k that's occurring now...

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Echo Screamer said:

Well I for one am happy you guys are trying the two different forms of PVP. It's like people forget that this is early access. It blows my mind the amount of people complaining here. It's a fun game, it's getting better. Some people need to accept its a work in progress.

This is the inherent design flaw of "Early Access". Though companies may state "Early Access" and remind you that this game is going through on-going development and that the gameplay may change drastically, they are still CHARGING their customers to have access and essentially beta-test their game. This union means that their paying customers will naturally feel that the developer has an obligation to provide playable content and heed their customer's woes, responding accordingly.

Anytime you sell something to a customer, that customer will have certain expectations no matter what your disclaimers state. This may not be legally binding and hold up in any court of law but it certainly is morally binding and game developers stand to damage their reputation. This may be unintentional but none-the-less it is innately built into the threads of the "EA" fabric. The Grapeshot developers realize and accept the risk and have chosen to utilize the "EA" option so they are subject to criticism and ridicule when they piss off their customer base. It is nature-of-the-beast.

I agree with you, I have been playing Atlas since the launch and I have appreciated all of the great game updates. Atlas had been coming along nicely thus far, and I trust Grapeshot to eventually produce a successful product. I look forward to playing on Lawless servers in the Atlas 1.5: Empires mode.

Edited by vaylain

7 hours ago, Arykos said:

welcome to humanity 2019

i dont complane about the Bugs it is an EA game so there must be bugs
but if the say "a wipe is comming on X" stay with it 
this wipe Call was a Fail without an ready Patch for the PTR

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2019 at 11:00 PM, Lotus said:

Atlas is a PvP game that has a PvE option. I want it to be the other way around but with the player base that is how it is now.

~Lotus

Well you are very much in a small minority there. The game was marketed and sold as a open world PVP game, that is the reason why it sold so well. The PVE mode of the game is basically a stripped down version of the full game.

9 hours ago, Luxfere said:

So when is the damn patch to go  live this is annoying 

April 8 is what it says ingame on the start screen. Build anywhere and 6x until then. Woopiddydoo lol

14 hours ago, vaylain said:

This is the inherent design flaw of "Early Access". Though companies may state "Early Access" and remind you that this game is going through on-going development and that the gameplay may change drastically, they are still CHARGING their customers to have access and essentially beta-test their game. This union means that their paying customers will naturally feel that the developer has an obligation to provide playable content and heed their customer's woes, responding accordingly.

Anytime you sell something to a customer, that customer will have certain expectations no matter what your disclaimers state. This may not be legally binding and hold up in any court of law but it certainly is morally binding and game developers stand to damage their reputation. This may be unintentional but none-the-less it is innately built into the threads of the "EA" fabric. The Grapeshot developers realize and accept the risk and have chosen to utilize the "EA" option so they are subject to criticism and ridicule when they piss off their customer base. It is nature-of-the-beast.

I agree with you, I have been playing Atlas since the launch and I have appreciated all of the great game updates. Atlas had been coming along nicely thus far, and I trust Grapeshot to eventually produce a successful product. I look forward to playing on Lawless servers in the Atlas 1.5: Empires mode.

I'm sorry man, but I don't agree with you on any of this. The player makes the choice to buy into early access at a discount. It's their choice to buy into an unfinished product. There is nothing morally binding about on how it develops at all. Dev's want their games to succeed and they take the path they think will get them there. People choose this when they buy into early access.  The problem is that people feel entitled. I'm personally not a fan of early access but people really got to stop thinking they are owed a game tailored to their own personal tastes just because they chose to buy it before release. Buy into the vision and offer constructive feedback along the way. That is the most effective way to make positive changes. 

So with that being said, I'm really excited about the colonies option and that is where I'll be spending my time but I am happy they are offering the Empires mode so people like you can enjoy the game as well.

Edited by Echo Screamer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I literally havent played this game since end of january, i downloaded teh patch expecting some decent content added, butt was sadly dissapointed by the 122mb DL.....its been over a month since i looked at this game and now i fear it will be even longer, Yall really shit the bed...and didnt even bother to clean yourselves up afterwards

On 3/21/2019 at 7:35 PM, eagle1977 said:

But you are right. In my opinon the try ti fix bugs fast.

Cant agree with that at all 😄

I reported a bug i found, that allow ANY ONE to crash ANY SERVER and the answer from the devs was... they auto close the ticket.

Solution.... i asked for sorry to all players on the server i was on, and i crash server till "someone" decided to look on the "why".

Devs are doing the same they did on ARK, they only REACT, they dont listen or give a damn to the community

You shouldnt worry about what these lame ass trolls are saying. Atlas is a great game it needs reworked with the flag system and your doing it dont worry the trolls who say there quiting  will come back there just trying to get there way. All of you devs have created something grand and its only going to get better.I  saw how they reacted when the game was coming out  who knows maybe the trolls wont come back and youll just get  better gamers to play  atlas.At the end of the day atlas is  amazing and will always be a amazing game just like ark. And  to all you lame ass trolls  you can be offended all you want ill never check this  message im sending for replies  dont care what  trollie kids have to say  bye have a beautifull time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Keeno said:

You shouldnt worry about what these lame ass trolls are saying. Atlas is a great game it needs reworked with the flag system and your doing it dont worry the trolls who say there quiting  will come back there just trying to get there way. All of you devs have created something grand and its only going to get better.I  saw how they reacted when the game was coming out  who knows maybe the trolls wont come back and youll just get  better gamers to play  atlas.At the end of the day atlas is  amazing and will always be a amazing game just like ark. And  to all you lame ass trolls  you can be offended all you want ill never check this  message im sending for replies  dont care what  trollie kids have to say  bye have a beautifull time.

LOL, well...someone is certainly a fluffer for the devs, you go, big boy, suck it!

• Like 1

- New Vehicle: Submarine. Explore the depths of the ocean in this small scouting submarine. No weapons on board, but it does have claw arms to help harvest the ocean floor and explore (demolish) shipwrecks.

The submarine harpoon is a new underwater weapon which will ramp up oceanic combat.

Is one hand not talking to the other? I certainly hope you reconsider adding a weapons system to the submarine, I think it is a bad idea...

So, New Captains log today?

I still have not seen Test servers I can login and try the "huge March patch". Did I miss read that they were going to have a test network before rolling it out on the 8th of .... Not March..... LOL

Thx guys.

1 hour ago, Sargon Trillian said:

So, New Captains log today?

I still have not seen Test servers I can login and try the "huge March patch". Did I miss read that they were going to have a test network before rolling it out on the 8th of .... Not March..... LOL

Thx guys.

Read the last Captain's Log for information on the PTR and Mega update.

Captain's Logs also get posted around Wed/Thu of the week.

EDIT: I just realised this is the latest Captain's Log, so if you've read it you should know what is happening if you have read it before posting.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood

On 3/22/2019 at 7:05 PM, Echo Screamer said:

I'm sorry man, but I don't agree with you on any of this. The player makes the choice to buy into early access at a discount. It's their choice to buy into an unfinished product. There is nothing morally binding about on how it develops at all. Dev's want their games to succeed and they take the path they think will get them there. People choose this when they buy into early access.  The problem is that people feel entitled. I'm personally not a fan of early access but people really got to stop thinking they are owed a game tailored to their own personal tastes just because they chose to buy it before release. Buy into the vision and offer constructive feedback along the way. That is the most effective way to make positive changes. 

So with that being said, I'm really excited about the colonies option and that is where I'll be spending my time but I am happy they are offering the Empires mode so people like you can enjoy the game as well.

It does not matter that you agree with me on any of this. If a particular company's customers and fanbase alike feel "entitled" to be able to offer their desires and dislikes, in a consorted effort to encourage that company to change the current development direction to one that better appeals and makes their IP more marketable, then they will do so despite your opinion about whether this is right or wrong.

What you feel or believe is irrelevant. No repetitively stated disclaimer or cleverly crafted rule will elevate a company's success, it all rides on customer perception and their willingness to pay for the product that will make or break the company. If the masses feel that they are still owed a functional product despite that company's efforts to hide behind an EA clause, that is what counts not your personal feelings. Facts do NOT care about your feelings.