Dollie

Captain's Log 24: Public Test Realm Ahoy!

Lets cross the fingers that devs stay in the tradition of ARK to wipe only in case of emergencys.

I dont think that they will wipe again if not a deadly gamebreaker appears out of nothing.

So, yes, it would have been cool to start at least PTR on the 20th but if they prefer to do it right instead of quickly : For me ok.

Edited by Talono

Its good to see, that devs working 😉 

But waiting for a long time for server wipe, killed the Motivation of our company. We thought that the wipe comes today, so we tried "everything" since the 6x taming, xp etc. And niw we should wait till mid April??? 

Wipe server and fix bugs and exploits! We know, that this is ea and no need for pts (in our opinion) Better then waiting for one month longer or start playing on pts and "loose" a week or longer more

Its very funny ^^

"APRIL 8 when MARCH Mega-Update releases"

APRIL - MARCH ? WTF whats wrong with you :) :) :) :) :)

Don´t Announce an WIPE & UPDATE at MARCH 20 and 1 Day before delay it 2 weeks !

You anger the community and lose more and more players !!!!! That sucks

• Like 4

Wtf this game is so unplayable , yesterday in mid fight with sotd lost all sail controls and couldn't disengage from the wheel lost my brig . I'm tired of all the crew and flyng off the ship into the air and then losing them I'm sick and tired of falling through the boat ,I'm so fed up with all the tames getting caught and stuck in my fort structure .... Now you want me to wait till April 8 April 7th you'll delsy it again! typical bullshit of somebody doesn't know what the hell they're doing. 

Hang in there everyone, change is good, it will make for a greater game.

Get some stuff done IRL knowing there will be a kick ass game to come back to.

Guys at grapeshot, you can do it, I have faith.

I hope the devs reconsider the Empire server concept. It was doomed to failure the moment it was announced - several mega-companies have already stated that they'll be going to Colonies and will just make the alliance limitations work.

Generally speaking, players don't join mega alliances in order to fight epic battles against other megas; they do it for safety. Has any top 10 alliance warred against another top 10 in the current live game? Megas don't fight megas. In fact, it's the last thing they want to do - mega vs. mega is mutually assured destruction since both the winner and loser will be eaten by other top 10's who were smart enough to not war another top 10. Basically, the entire concept of the Empire server is flawed because that's not what mega alliances are or what those players do.

Edited by Kast
  • Like 1

I really say wipe and make the land changes and add whatever is finished. As long as the seed is planted for future updates and added game modes. So no more wipes will be necessary and players can test the new system so it can be know if the game will need to be reverted back to the original state.

18 hours ago, Sargon Trillian said:

Please, just tell me when will the wipe happen then? What is going to happen on the 20th? Nothing?! I want to see the new system in action as soon as it is ready. I expected the test server info right after the announcement. Give me something so I can plan my time off. I'd like to be there for this. 

Community: Let me know what we know for sure about the upcoming changes? Have there been any Dates or times that are set?

Devs: Don't drag the community around with no firm timing. It kills desire.  Give us something to test at least. 

Thanks,

Just logged in and the "News" Says: "ANARCHY on the ATLAS! 6x rates + PVP build anywhere thru April 8th when March Mega-Update releases!"   So... if it is released on the 8th of April is it really a March Mega Update? anyhow... So should I take the 8th off work? GRRRR... 

postponed again till end of march begin april. then still 1 week on test server then they will rollout if the test are oke.  So it will go live on 15 April ( 8 April on test server and 1 week of test )

1 month of waiting till wipe and 1 day before promised date postponed again and x weeks extra waiting. And on top of that a devided PvP base. This pirate ship is sinking...

I do now longer wait and move on and invest my time and money in other games that really care about there players base. The update was promised in Feb then postponed till march then postponed till 20 march with wipe and now postponed again..

4 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Latest wipe & March Mega Patch ETA is 8th April.

WTF is this ? they change from late february to late march and now is april , they are normal people ? this game become a joke, a silly one ? where u read about 8 april ?

2 minutes ago, kolonelu said:

WTF is this ? they change from late february to late march and now is april , they are normal people ? this game become a joke, a silly one ? where u read about 8 april ?

Yes they are normal people.

It says that date ingame on the home page.

The last Captain's Log also indicates PTR to be late March early April with the mega update after.

3 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Yes they are normal people.

It says that date ingame on the home page.

The last Captain's Log also indicates PTR to be late March early April with the mega update after.

DUDE ! THEY ANNOUNCE CHANGES ON LATE FEBRUARY, AFTER SOME DAYS WAS DELAYED TO 20 MARCH, people leave the game, abandon bases, and stuff, and now they come and say 15 APRIL !! they are not normal people, and really they dont know what to do with this game, they walk in the silence of the night, trying, trying 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, kolonelu said:

DUDE ! THEY ANNOUNCE CHANGES ON LATE FEBRUARY, AFTER SOME DAYS WAS DELAYED TO 20 MARCH, people leave the game, abandon bases, and stuff, and now they come and say 15 APRIL !! they are not normal people, and really they dont know what to do with this game, they walk in the silence of the night, trying, trying 

Speaking of "not normal people". :classic_rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Speaking of "not normal people". :classic_rolleyes:

We cant speak normal with abnormal people, dont be so smart ass, u understand what i want to say, "As such, the PTR will be released late March / early April 

Tell me what i need to understand from this sentence ? PTR is released late march or early april ? amateurs .............and btwe we speak about wipe and start game again, u speak about PTR, why ? 

Or u want to tell us, today they wipe the game and we have a fresh start, and later or early April we also have an PTR server ? 

Edited by kolonelu

2 minutes ago, kolonelu said:

We cant speak normal with abnormal people, dont be so smart ass, u understand what i want to say, "As such, the PTR will be released late March / early April 

Tell me what i need to understand from this sentence ? PTR is released late march or early april ? amateurs .............

What you need to understand is that this game is in heavy development stages. If you don't like it don't play games in Early Access.

What you need to understand from that sentence is currently the PTR is scheduled for late March/ early April, lasting for a week at which point the Mega update will be anticipated to drop around 8th April.

What about this are you failing to understand?

I have never seen a company that does not know how to communicate with its players, the creators of this game behave like amateurs, I do not know what to launch, when to launch, it's February, March, April is, let's or October to make sure we play something

DUDE, EASY QUESTION FOR U,  DO WE HAVE A WIPE TODAY ? TODAY HERE IS 20.MARCH.2019 14.46 , WE HAVE A WIPE AND FRESH START OR NOT ?

This game is now 1 big joke , waste peoples time waiting nearly a month for an update you were never gonna release on time , you done F****D up greapshot and now losing customers by the day , hell what do you care you already got our money , maybe screwing with the customer was the plan from the start once you had the cash. Enjoy the money but not my time , Captains log should be ship sunk as your game is dead.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kolonelu said:

I have never seen a company that does not know how to communicate with its players, the creators of this game behave like amateurs, I do not know what to launch, when to launch, it's February, March, April is, let's or October to make sure we play something

DUDE, EASY QUESTION FOR U,  DO WE HAVE A WIPE TODAY ? TODAY HERE IS 20.MARCH.2019 14.46 , WE HAVE A WIPE AND FRESH START OR NOT ?

NO WIPE TODAY

Read the damn Captain's Log.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

What you need to understand is that this game is in heavy development stages. If you don't like it don't play games in Early Access.

What you need to understand from that sentence is currently the PTR is scheduled for late March/ early April, lasting for a week at which point the Mega update will be anticipated to drop around 8th April.

What about this are you failing to understand?

The 8 of April is the release of the test server then 1 week of test. So it goes live on 15 April. 

They already said the in game 20 March message was the date of the test release. So if that is the case for that date then it is also the case for 8 April.

If that is not then they need to start to clearly communicate the date of test and live. But that is something they really lack in, communication.

56 minutes ago, awakatanka said:

The 8 of April is the release of the test server then 1 week of test. So it goes live on 15 April. 

They already said the in game 20 March message was the date of the test release. So if that is the case for that date then it is also the case for 8 April.

If that is not then they need to start to clearly communicate the date of test and live. But that is something they really lack in, communication.

Nope, the 8th April is their current ETA for Patch release and wipe, not PTR. If that was for PTR then they wouldn't still say PTR in late March / early April in yesterday's CL.

8th April being one week after PTR starts would put PTR on 1st April, therefore PTR being Late March / early April.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood

As I said earlier, an amateur company would do well for their own budget if they shut down servers, a big money economy, and a less stressful one.
I'm sure that before 15 April there will be a new release that will throw us on June 15, then comes the holiday and we will play something else in the fall

I think he deserves the title of the most unfortunate company, or rather an amateur company

• Like 2