Dollie

Captain's Log 24: Public Test Realm Ahoy!

31 minutes ago, Sargon Trillian said:

Please, just tell me when will the wipe happen then? What is going to happen on the 20th? Nothing?! I want to see the new system in action as soon as it is ready. I expected the test server info right after the announcement. Give me something so I can plan my time off. I'd like to be there for this. 

Community: Let me know what we know for sure about the upcoming changes? Have there been any Dates or times that are set?

Devs: Don't drag the community around with no firm timing. It kills desire.  Give us something to test at least. 

Thanks,

this

Asking the question for the pvp crowd -  don't have an answer: 

Considering the diminishing player population issue, could a mix of Empire & Small Clan size servers/zone on the same map be made to work & how? 

Different claim rules and?

There would be no delays if the patch was release a week after it was announced and only announced when it was completed :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Devs your killing un official, ppl are waiting to fix their servers and or restore what constant 100 degree flip changes your doing to the game. We wont even go into comments about the official we already know where that stands its unofficial, its crippling even that community. People where wiping servers to adjust systems to your proposed system.

More delays like this and you might as well apply for bankruptcy. Be more transparent to the community.

The majority of players playing are on unofficial right now, which they are leaving in droves too due to the delays. You say march 20th but now its a month later before PTR gets its first install. Just tell the community you fooked up, more work then realized and you will be better at communicating with the playatlas server owners in the future.

Just saying as a business owner, to a business owner you need to be very clear. The current results of 1000 or less players will diminish to 0 if this keeps up.

First thing you said too early was we where wiping the system... you should have said that when you where close to releasing to the ptr... Not a month or two prior.

Anyways my 2 dollars....

• Like 2

I almost got my shifts covered,   we need solid date

Edited by Mish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Me and my tribe (6 ppl) are actualy rent a mega tribe for have an location on an island where we can build in peace. We only have 4 - 5h of play time/day after works and childs at bed.

We are on Atlas for naval fight but with all the offline raid we can't make a lot of naval fight. We need to rebuild the base 1 or 2 times in a week and we lose boats every night.

We don't care about lose ships of base in fight that's the game but not in an offline raid, that's not pvp...

I think the v1.5 will be a great update but with 9h of open PVP / day, the Atlas : Colonies servers will still have a lot of offline raid. With this rules, for us it's +-4h / days where no member will be online, so no protection.

For Colonies servers, i think the best is to have an ORP activate 30 - 45min after the last member was offline. If the base is under attack, the tribu who attack still have the time for loot the base. An pvp active all the time when a member is online.

But plz don't report an other time the wipe. The waiting time is to long.

Sorry for my bad english.

• Like 2

If they really bring what they promised today in the captains log 24 and not again change their mind i will be very happy and can wait till april for the release.

As i play on the Empire Server no PTR is needed, as this has been tested by the players since christmas.

• Like 1

So we all said F this game, till the PTR and the wipe. Now nothing much is going to change......

You guys are so lost in your production of this game its really disgusting. 

You make the guys at Day Z look like genius's 

And how that sub turned into a weapon after you so ADMITTEDLY said it would not be used in PVP.

Edited by Manbewb Ghettobooty

I think you've killed the game. Hope I'm wrong.

Please stop screwing around with submarines and other frills before you get the core of the game set.

20 hours after you announced Atlas 1.5 sometime in April and the game load screen says "March 20 Mega-Update releases!"  You guys already throw in the towel? 

Edited by rmg

HaHa, no, the game has not been killed. When they go live with the new servers all 60k players will be back.

Important is, that they are persistant after that and concentrate on new ships and items, maybe more cannon types and not fumble around with the basic game mechanics again.

• Like 1

It's finally good to know that they are not going to do anything for PVE players. I thought PVE was for casual and solo players but I guess that was wrong. I stopped playing Ark because I could not spend every waking minute playing into a game and it doesn't look like Atlas is going to be any different. In theory it is a great game and I like the theme of it but now that Ubisoft is coming out with a ship battles game with better detailed ship models and customizations. I have yet to see anything indicating a casual like mode will be implemented and they make up a lot of the player base in many games. I guess I will have to just put all my efforts into Red Dead 2 so I don't have to worry about my progress ever being wiped as well. Tbh I would rather play Sid Meier's Pirates then this game now. It has many of the aspects even though it is a really old game. It really seems the devs are taking a wrong direction due to feedback. There is always going to be somebody whining and complaining about the changes. The flags really should have been left alone so people would not have to spend every waking minute worrying about keeping their land and those seem land crybabies are whining about the changes now.  so instead of spending time actually looking for land or finding a good company to join that may give you some land why not get on the feedback and cry about not finding any and ruin it for everyone causing everybody to lose all their progress. So when I get home this game is due for an uninstalled until I see the base game or something that resembles it with added features at most.

• Confused 4

6 hours ago, Greyleaf said:

This poll tells me that +75% of pve players want limited claims (49% - 1 claim/person, 27% - more than 1 claim/person)

https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/forums/topic/53160-poll-who-wants-an-island/

That poll is worded poorly and shows an incredible amount of bias. The other thing about the polls on here is you don't actually know who is voting.

~Lotus

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Talono said:

Sure, megas are more active in the forums, but they are not the majority of the players

I'd like to see where you got that statistic.

~Lotus

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, travis843 said:

It's finally good to know that they are not going to do anything for PVE players. I thought PVE was for casual and solo players but I guess that was wrong. I stopped playing Ark because I could not spend every waking minute playing into a game and it doesn't look like Atlas is going to be any different. In theory it is a great game and I like the theme of it but now that Ubisoft is coming out with a ship battles game with better detailed ship models and customizations. I have yet to see anything indicating a casual like mode will be implemented and they make up a lot of the player base in many games. I guess I will have to just put all my efforts into Red Dead 2 so I don't have to worry about my progress ever being wiped as well. Tbh I would rather play Sid Meier's Pirates then this game now. It has many of the aspects even though it is a really old game. It really seems the devs are taking a wrong direction due to feedback. There is always going to be somebody whining and complaining about the changes. The flags really should have been left alone so people would not have to spend every waking minute worrying about keeping their land and those seem land crybabies are whining about the changes now.  so instead of spending time actually looking for land or finding a good company to join that may give you some land why not get on the feedback and cry about not finding any and ruin it for everyone causing everybody to lose all their progress. So when I get home this game is due for an uninstalled until I see the base game or something that resembles it with added features at most.

To me PvE is a place I can work on endgame content without having to fight other players. If a group goes for progression on PvP they run the risk of somebody attacking them when they are looking for the ghost ship or trying to pull the kraken. I don't want to have to worry about dying to somebody while I am doing a treasure map. I don't want to worry about people destroying my stuff while I am offline. That is why I play PvE. I am pretty sure the new tribe claiming an island thing is going to be amazing.

~Lotus

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lotus said:

To me PvE is a place I can work on endgame content without having to fight other players. If a group goes for progression on PvP they run the risk of somebody attacking them when they are looking for the ghost ship or trying to pull the kraken. I don't want to have to worry about dying to somebody while I am doing a treasure map. I don't want to worry about people destroying my stuff while I am offline. That is why I play PvE. I am pretty sure the new tribe claiming an island thing is going to be amazing.

~Lotus

Exactly what i mean by casual lol. Pvp is for competitive gameplay. I mean land claims and fighting over the land in a war system in pve. The war could be set to even terms and nor let stronger players attack weaker one but let the weak attack the strong. But in pve it should be done for rewards and not for the land. But id really like to see, more than anything is personally built ships belonging to the builder and not the company and can only be used or changed by the owner as well as personal lock boxes. So if i build storage and pin lick it, no one can take things i dont give them.

So iv never seen people who are this stupid in my life, So now your delaying the test servers for a game that's legit crash and burning

And your backpedaling to possibly keep the old claming system or doing both, so there will be 3 servers pve, old stupid claming system where no one shares there island and it gets raided and stolen from them when they sleep, the new way that that makes people want to share.

This game cant afford to keep getting delayed, it's DEAD.

You need to realise you cant make everyone happy because you will always have trolls who want to raid people islands when they sleep, just go with the new claming system and make it so there is no set time to raid. And owner of the island have to accept requests to allow other companys to build on the island to lower the upkeep of the island and allow the companies who were accepted to build defenses to help defend the island in case the company who owns it is offline.

But you really need to get your shit together people starting to just quit the game altogether because you guys are so full of shit and dont even know what your even doing and delay every update you do 10 times.

You wasted all this time coming up with the new system and then come out with we are thinking about keeping the old claming system and changing this this and this. Game died because of the old way, people not wanting to share the island with anyone and keeping it only for their company and people raiding offline companys and even taking the whole island that anther company spent months on to build.

Edited by Jesus World Creator
Because I can.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, travis843 said:

Exactly what i mean by casual lol. Pvp is for competitive gameplay. I mean land claims and fighting over the land in a war system in pve. The war could be set to even terms and nor let stronger players attack weaker one but let the weak attack the strong. But in pve it should be done for rewards and not for the land. But id really like to see, more than anything is personally built ships belonging to the builder and not the company and can only be used or changed by the owner as well as personal lock boxes. So if i build storage and pin lick it, no one can take things i dont give them.

You can set tribes up to be like that the only people that would be able to get in is admins. I believe tames can be set that way too.  I had the boats in a similar way until a captain died on the kraken and the guy that we repairing could not move the ship I was like whelp crap need to not have that happen again.

~Lotus

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Talono said:

Well, i am extremly happy about the hardcore PVP server. Not so happy about the delay.

But better waiting longer for something nice than entering the originally planned slave empire server with megatribe protection on the 20th or march.

Thumbs up devs !

Megas can just play colonial too. It would be Dynasty 1 dynasty 2 dynasty3 and so one companies.

16 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Part of the issue here is not just the repeated delays, but the fact that changes are constantly being made based on feedback from the community, feedback that is being given before even testing the proposed changes. By doing this it makes it look like the Developers have no clue how they want their game to be.

The delay to the PTR is not good, but it's not the end of the world, but there's too much of a focus to make everyone happy and making constant changes based on pre-testing feedback.

i totally felt the exact same thing when i read this captains log. my first thought was wow, they have changed their mind again before even testing ??? this does not instil me with confidence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jesus World Creator said:

So iv never seen people who are this stupid in my life, So now your delaying the test servers for a game that's legit crash and burning

And your backpedaling to possibly keep the old claming system or doing both, so there will be 3 servers pve, old stupid claming system where no one shares there island and it gets raided and stolen from them when they sleep, the new way that that makes people want to share.

This game cant afford to keep getting delayed, it's DEAD.

You need to realise you cant make everyone happy because you will always have trolls who want to raid people islands when they sleep, just go with the new claming system and make it so there is no set time to raid. And owner of the island have to accept requests to allow other companys to build on the island to lower the upkeep of the island and allow the companies who were accepted to build defenses to help defend the island in case the company who owns it is offline.

But you really need to get your shit together people starting to just quit the game altogether because you guys are so full of shit and dont even know what your even doing and delay every update you do 10 times.

You wasted all this time coming up with the new system and then come out with we are thinking about keeping the old claming system and changing this this and this. Game died because of the old way, people not wanting to share the island with anyone and keeping it only for their company and people raiding offline companys and even taking the whole island that anther company spent months on to build.

I agree. Mostly raiders still play. The game isnt cometely dead. There are 10 people including me on pve right now and i dont see them returning.

One of the most telling things about this patch is something that has occurred since the Captain's Log. In both the K12 discord and the L10 discord, I've had a habit for a while now of complaining about Grapeshot's latest announcements, and this time I didn't say anything at all.

The "March" Mega-patch, the Captain's Log, all the changes that are coming, neither discord has spoken a word about it in the past couple of days. Most of the members don't even know that information was released, because I didn't do my usual thing of letting them know. So they don't. Even still. Because no one cares.

The buzz is truly lost when it comes to this update and probably this game. The PR department, and Grapeshot as a whole too, have majorly dropped the ball and continues to, even right now, to the point where the Atlas reddit just openly insults them now. They messed up.

just limit companies from having more then 50 members and forget about the large company pvp servers 

smaller companies are still going to coordinate with eachother though stuff like discord it would not surprise me if none of the large companies play on the large server and instead just break into small companies and play on the smaller server 

Edited by Daish

Atlas is not dead. People dont play because they wait for the wipe and server relaunch.

It is pointless to play till they do this as everything you achieve now is lost then.

• Haha 1

well i been playing a little since server wipe announcement....even though it is painfull to keep looking at the stuff im gonna lose...but i have been looking for my ideal homestead for when we get wiped...

i got myself all ready for the big wipe that all this time has been advertised as the 20th!.....now i know its really the ptr first and im down with that...i also do similar with star citizen with there ptu test enviro ect....

sorted my man cave out today....spoke with excitement to my few org mates that play..(we go solo mainly though/pve euro)...got a fat bag of jamaican woodbine in...

told wife and kids ill be occupied most of the day....to my suprise they are cool with it..

then the captains log releases.....with effing delays...

just give us what you got including the wipe....just patch shit in as you go....like star citizen do.

making those of us that are still around wait even longer is taking the mick...personally you guys would have known you were not going to hit that march 20th wipe/ptr date thats shoved in our faces when we log in,and should have let us know sooner like with the patch news initially.

some of us have over 800 hours....i would have more if the wipe wasnt announced.

cmon just bloody wipe us with your most viable build...games been a broke mess since day one anyway...we can handle more bugs

some of us just wanna get back in to level up and be able to make the good stuff again...get that grind out the way...let it happen i say...i couldnt give a toss about daily missions and some crap looking sub

Edited by hurricane moon