Dollie

Captain's Log 24: Public Test Realm Ahoy!

Man these people have some of the best ideas in gaming industry.

Then, they also certainly have the worst execution of said ideas. 

For everyone's sake, get hired by a big game developer or heck sell your ideas and let someone intelligent and competent develop them into a great game for us all to enjoy. 

Both ARK and Atlas are the games most of us would pay 100$ to play, if they were properly developed. 

I would rather like to see if i can play this patch too, my char is stuck on a dead server end since 6 weeks.... Fix that kind of shit before u release more buggy content

Hm did u like My System idea?     As new player u set one small flag

(9 Hours  Save time / sleep time where Ur building take less dmg .

With a Company u gain one more flag (Company flag with a Bigger circle and the maintaining starts (6hours sleep/save Time)

if Ur Company get bigger u can unlock more flags more Players join into your Tribe to an max. Cap of (30?) flaggs .

More flags Ur Company have more maintain is needed and the save/sleeptime get smaller ( a Big Company Need an active playerbase for deffence and maintain all flaggs , smaler once dont have many flags but dont Need much maintaining and have a ( Save /sleep) time where builings take less dmg

Edited by ari12609

11 minutes ago, ari12609 said:

Hm did u like My System idea?     As new player u set one small flag

(9 Hours  Save time / sleep time where Ur building take less dmg .

With a Company u gain one more flag (Company flag with a Bigger circle and the maintaining starts (6hours sleep/save Time)

if Ur Company get bigger u can unlock more flags more Players join into your Tribe to an max. Cap of (30?) flaggs .

More flags Ur Company have more maintain is needed and the save/sleeptime get smaller ( a Big Company Need an active playerbase for deffence and maintain all flaggs , smaler once dont have many flags but dont Need much maintaining and have a ( Save /sleep) time where builings take less dmg

the 9 hours savetime is a joke, u would kill all small (3 - 4 people) clans aswell as giving big clans again the advantage

what will u do to prevent mega tribes for joining the colonies server and just split their company into 4-5 groups with 50 ppl in each an ally up? cus that is whats going to happen if not more players will join.. one of the servers will be nearly empty and im guessing it will be the empire server

• Like 1

Empires server will be full, as this is what the majority of the players want.

(Slave) Colonies server will be empty, as the megas have no slaves, these will play Empires because they dont want to be slaves. Thats why Colonies servers will be shut down after one month. Very clear for everyone with a brain that exactly that will happen.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Talono said:

(Slave) Colonies server will be empty, as the megas have no slaves, these will play Empires because they dont want to be slaves. Thats why Colonies servers will be shut down after one month. Very clear for everyone with a brain that exactly that will happen.

I don't think anyone wants that offline raiding crap, that's not pvp. They should of given us the opportunity to try out the first idea they had, then make changes based on our feedback. Now they are delaying development for changes no one asked for, I get that pleasing the customer is the idea, but you don't do it to the point of being fickle in decision making. Why not open the ptr for one month with the initial changes, let us play through, then give feedback. A 1 week ptr is useless for anything but break the server testing. It would be better than wasting money on 2 more servers, on live, where one would wind up empty. You have a limited number of people playing this game, as it stands pvp is limited due to the population allowed on a grid.

Edited by Spyrit
  • Like 3

Please just go to war system you're putting in for everyone else. Title is misleading "Public Testing Realm Ahoy" made me think the PTR came out but ended up being news its not out yet and some bad changes.Have to say im disappointed by this captains log. Scrap the empire and colonies idea splitting an already small player base is a terrible idea.\

Edited by lexatris
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Talono said:

More likely be the other way around, big companies shoehorning their way into smaller tribes as thats where the more active sea battle action is likely to be found.

5 hours ago, Lotus said:

I don't know where you got that statistic. All of PvE is around 11% of the total playerbase. Before the "Big Tribes" stopped playing because we literally ran out of stuff to do (Mid Feb) the average daily player base (NA-PvE) was roughly 1.5-2k total players (depending on the day). 20 = 1% of 2000, with 10 tribes you would have 10% right there (Lotus, Atlas Shrugged, Paragon are also substantially bigger than them in terms of member count) .

PVE didn't have 10 zerg tribes, though. It might've had five. Also the zerg tribes it did have were absolutely minuscule compared to their PVP counterparts

PVE players overwhelmingly don't play in that big tribe style. I put over a thousand hours into PVE and my only interactions with big tribes was to say hi to Orion and to tell some idiots in Lotus that their builds were incredibly ugly. I put about a hundred hours into PVP and I knew the name of every big tribe, knew people in most of them, and had interacted with just about all of them. Including the non-English ones. It's not the same.

Edited by Amy3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

More likely be the other way around, big companies shoehorning their way into smaller tribes as thats where the more active sea battle action is likely to be found.

Exactly this. Megas never fight each other but always are allied with all other megas and hit the weaker players (just like in real life. If you have the bomb...you are safe. If not...hmmm)

48 minutes ago, Talono said:

The overwhelming reaction so far is that no one at all is going to play Empires, including the megas

You'll have a lot of land available, pal

just go look reddit alrdy… there is a post called which server will u start on... there is 100+ votes and 90% is colonies server and some mega tribes are openly saying they are joining it aswell lol

39 minutes ago, Spyrit said:

I don't think anyone wants that offline raiding crap, that's not pvp. They should of given us the opportunity to try out the first idea they had, then make changes based on our feedback. Now they are delaying development for changes no one asked for, I get that pleasing the customer is the idea, but you don't do it to the point of being fickle in decision making. Why not open the ptr for one month with the initial changes, let us play through, then give feedback. A 1 week ptr is useless for anything but break the server testing. It would be better than wasting money on 2 more servers, on live, where one would wind up empty. You have a limited number of people playing this game, as it stands pvp is limited due to the population allowed on a grid.

i think that the first rework was premature also as before changing something all together i guess it would be better to work out the problems it has. i mean sure if you can't solve them then you can rework it but i doubt that was the case in the first place.

now we got a new course with the rework and before "it was born" it was changed again...dear devs you need to at least let us test the stuff you come up with and see how it all works out. for this new course i highly doubt that even big companies enjoy being offline raided 🙂

i bet that soon after the servers are set up you'll have to same calls to make an offline protection there too...and guess where we are then? back at the start 🙂 or as stated big companies will just join the other sever allying up...this all sounds to new unneeded troubles if you ask me.

odd is that you came up with a super unique game that had a very solid foundation in my opinion and now it's going crazy with changing like a leaf in the wind. i really think being open to changes on a design level is also very refreshing so big credit here too but don't overhesitate it also please.

Edited by Xenom

6 hours ago, Lotus said:

To my understanding more players want the whole island system. Big tribes wanted 1 island claims, the smaller tribes wanted 1 claim per person. What was unanimous was no freebuild on claims.

~Lotus

This poll tells me that +75% of pve players want limited claims (49% - 1 claim/person, 27% - more than 1 claim/person)

https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/forums/topic/53160-poll-who-wants-an-island/

• Like 1

"We’re going to be running 2 uniquely configured PvP networks, to allow players to choose the game mode which best represents your playstyle."

I think that your heart is in the right place by doing this. It definitely sounds interesting, however, didn't you guys drop 2 PvP servers due to lack of population already? I just dont think that this game has a large enough community to support 4 different (2NA and 2 EU) PvP servers. Cant wait to see what happens. 

*Also, in the future, announcing a wipe a month in advance is a bad idea. Give like a week notice (when you are sure that it is ready) otherwise people just go and find new games to play.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ducimus said:

just go look reddit alrdy… there is a post called which server will u start on... there is 100+ votes and 90% is colonies server and some mega tribes are openly saying they are joining it aswell lol

Sure, megas are more active in the forums, but they are not the majority of the players

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Talono said:

I estimate it will be the other way around: zerg will want to fight against weaker tribes and will infiltrate Colonies, trying to dominate them and be safe at the same time.

Server division will fail, and in that I agree with your estimation, as the playerbase as it is is too small for that plan.

it could however be sustainable if they:

- invest in manual admin effort to admin wipe zerg who try to circumvent the alliances and tribe cap and try to act like several unconnected companies, this is the most important bit, and will demonstrate to playerbase that devs care about small tribes indeed and not only in thought

- further limit the number of crew a company can recruit

- extremely limit the number of alliances to make it even more annoying for cheaters to pose as different companies

- carefully monitor player reports about zerg teaming on colonies and act accordingly (ban all involved into illegal teaming, both zerg and the allies alike)

This will restore solo and small companies faith in this game and the direction it is going, and might well cause greater number of returning players.

Believe or not, I estimate the vast majority of playerbase in Atlas were solo players and small tribes. Yes, sounds totally contrary to what devs wanted, but that is what they got. My gut tells me it was 70% of playerbase and they all left for pretty much same reasons.

And let us not forget the lawless, as the viable refuge for those who do not want to claim on Colonies; lawless bases are nice addition and in spirit with pirate world that is atlas

Edited by gnihar

2 hours ago, Talono said:

that's rubbish the empire will be empty only the hack dupe tribes which still has never been addressed will play there cos they can hide theyre duping in a big tribe.any way the games gonna be forgotton about by the time they release the update,its a bit shambolic that they've never learned to release an update on time in 4 years of trying

7 hours ago, Calliri said:

I dont think you understood what i was talking in my post or at least i didnt make myself clear on it... to have 2 different pvp systems (4 actually due to the NA/EU servers) is to separate even more the very limited population that we already have and add even more development work for themselves as they would have to mantain 6 types of servers (4 pvp and 2 pve). It does indeed show that they are listening to the things players are saying but instead of having a clear route of development they decided to try and please everyone instead of deciding internally on what they wish to obtain out of their own develpment as future for the game.

Also to note that, unless i am wrong, the previously announced pvp system would still allow you to be raiding outside of your war timer by the use of a token...

At this point i dont really care so much as to what system they implement but that they actually implement something and go ahead and work from there instead of complicating things and segregating even more the dwendeling population of this game.

I WOULD ALSO RECOMMEND TO THE DEVELOPERS TO UNDERSTAND A LITTLE MORE ABOUT PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND PERHAPS USE SOME SIX SIGMA OR AGILE/SCRUM METHODOLOGIES IN ORDER TO STOP MAKING ALL THESE MANAGEMENT MISTAKES.

theres 3 types not 6 server count is irrelevant

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Siquica said:

good I do not have anything clear tomorrow 20 is going to update the servers and start 0 or is delayed everything from 1 to 2 weeks?

Please, just tell me when will the wipe happen then? What is going to happen on the 20th? Nothing?! I want to see the new system in action as soon as it is ready. I expected the test server info right after the announcement. Give me something so I can plan my time off. I'd like to be there for this. 

Community: Let me know what we know for sure about the upcoming changes? Have there been any Dates or times that are set?

Devs: Don't drag the community around with no firm timing. It kills desire.  Give us something to test at least. 

Thanks,

• Like 1

Hang on a minute...…. im playing early access to essentially test a game, so icould join the PTR to test the game I will be testing on the early access. Will there be a PTR2 where we can test stuff before we test it on PTR before we test it on EA? Just release it on the EA and we will test. Youre wiping it anyway so what does it matter?

Annnnnnyway. We're not up for any more delays. Possibly the death knell for our small group of players. Fun while it lasted

4 minutes ago, SustainMyBrain said:

after the wipe update was announced, i was looking forward to the 20 march and yes i took extra holidays ...thank you for that *kappa*

It was never official it was to pTR testing on the 20th. You can wait until then end of 2020 before it went to official. Never plan RL around a video game.