Dollie

Captain's Log 24: Public Test Realm Ahoy!

Hm so much way to choose for playing... i get more and more confused... making a nice map  for so much Players but seperate them in 3 different servertypes ?  Hopefully the change goes well. 

Edited by ari12609
  • Confused 1

Just now, Lotus said:

They don't have any big changes announced that would actually warrant a delay though. They planned the new 1 flag system a while ago and announced they will keep another set of servers that don't follow that. No drastic changes are announced.

~Lotus

But maybe now they gotta provide PTR for both PvP modes which may require additional time to set up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

This Captain's Log is so lacking in actual substantive information that I've really gotta question why it was four days late.

The future of Atlas currently has a very serious problem where there are too many unanswered questions and too few concrete answers. And since this Captain's Log actually reduced the number of concrete answers we had, and raised plenty of new questions, it actually makes the current problems worse, not better.

To my understanding it's not late it is early. They didn't do one last week for... reasons?

~Lotus

• Like 2

Worst decision ever made (you actually decided to DIVIDE THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS BY TWO).
Stop listening some forum folks which are talking about "slavery" and focus on a new claim system which was previously announced.

• Like 1

Honestly, the game is great, but there, the wait becomes unbearable, you do not hold any date, you will kill small business ....

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Dollie said:

PvE Mode:
ATLAS: PvE

This game mode will be spooling up with changes and the system will be based upon details discussed in the last Captain’s Log. We will monitor our PvE mode in the PTR and beyond and continue to iterate on it as we move forward.

I think most pve players already stated that they don't want those changes. So we're getting those stupid islands in pve, even after so many players already stated they don't want that ! We want a claim flag, that is limited per player. Again pve gets almost no info. 
You're destroying pve, and all you had to do was limit claim flags, so many people have been asking for that, yet you fail to listen.
As a pve player i really feel kinda screwed, we never get enough info, changes are made while most of the pve players don't want that those changes,
they take away stuff from pve, they're just making it worse and worse for pve.

To the other pve players, am i the only one that feels this way ?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I feel pretty stupid for waiting all day for this Captain's Log when it actually served to -reduce- the amount of information we have about the upcoming patch.

This isn't the first time I've felt stupid for being so invested in this game, but this is definitely my stupidest moment.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Sysca said:

I Disagree. I think they really listened comments on the forum players in this game. In this forum you could see people complaining about griefing, offraiding etc... and others complaining about the new claiming system with whitch you are not free to attack when you want (hardcore survival) . I don't think there is any option for both type of people to play on the same server so i guess making two separate ones was the best option they had.

i think most complained about both - offline raids and the rework 😛 i think it is dangerous to listen too much to the forums after like most of you ppl stopped after the wipe announcement...most will not really post here and just wait for the wipe. those left were basically mostly vocal but a minority if you ask me...

if you look at the numbers of the servers since release it was clear that PvE was played way less than PvP so most were looking for a "eve-like" game with politics and all this. i  bet the top 2 reasons for ppl leaving was: being raided offline (no matter if large or small company) and all island cluttered with claims (tho i still think if you were determined you would always find land on pvp). now if you split small and big companies by design a lot of these politics vanish and a lot of the thrill is being lost.

i for one tend to play in small companies mostly but i still love the thrill and drama going on with big alliances around me or surely on me raiding my base too ^^ seperating this by design might not be the best decision made - better make 1 system that is rock solid and i mean limiting claims would also have been all that is needed for PvE servers too.

on a side note: why not just wipe the servers, put on the patch and let us test this until it's ready, wipe again and go? i mean hardly anyone cares to play anyways since you announced the wipe and the numbers just continous to drop...still sad that you don't explain the char wipe too 😛

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Abysian said:

I think most pve players already stated that they don't want those changes. So we're getting those stupid islands in pve, even after so many players already stated they don't want that ! We want a claim flag, that is limited per player. Again pve gets almost no info. 
You're destroying pve, and all you had to do was limit claim flags, so many people have been asking for that, yet you fail to listen.
As a pve player i really feel kinda screwed, we never get enough info, changes are made while most of the pve players don't want that those changes,
they take away stuff from pve, they're just making it worse and worse for pve.

To the other pve players, am i the only one that feels this way ?

To my understanding more players want the whole island system. Big tribes wanted 1 island claims, the smaller tribes wanted 1 claim per person. What was unanimous was no freebuild on claims.

~Lotus

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Calliri said:

to have 2 different pvp systems (4 actually due to the NA/EU servers) is to separate even more the very limited population that we already have

Why keep up NA and EU? Just merge those servers. This way the population would be higher and you wouldn't have those times when nearly no one is online. Right now we are a mixture of NA, Eu and Asia anyway on the NA server. 

• Like 3

@Dollie Will unofficial servers have the option of participating as a PTR server, or will this not be possible due to the game client also needing to be updated or for another reason?

schedule
/ˈʃɛdjuːl,ˈskɛdjuːl/
noun

1. 1.
    a plan for carrying out a process or procedure, giving lists of intended events and times.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lotus said:

To my understanding more players want the whole island system. Big tribes wanted 1 island claims, the smaller tribes wanted 1 claim per person. What was unanimous was no freebuild on claims.

~Lotus

"One person's freedom ends where another's begins"

How do you satisfy this kind of request with a claim system on a PvE serv?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Raysix said:

Why keep up NA and EU? Just merge those servers. This way the population would be higher and you wouldn't have those times when nearly no one is online. Right now we are a mixture of NA, Eu and Asia anyway on the NA server. 

Also the "NA" server is hosted in Germany anyway

19 minutes ago, Lotus said:

~Lotus

On PVE, "big tribes" make up a single digit percentage of the playerbase. Not even a high single digit, either. Orion regularly hit #1 for months and at their height only had like, 20 regular dudes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Sysca said:

"One person's freedom ends where another's begins"

How do you satisfy this kind of request with a claim system on a PvE serv?

The way it was explained is each island has a member requirement. The smaller islands will have a member requirement of 1 and go up from there. So a tribe will take islands based on their company size. The islands will have an upkeep cost that will be fed into the claim which will also be determined by the size of the island. This prevents tribes with 3 members from having 80+ land claims (I've seen it). Which 1 claim per person but opens a lot of doors for griefing.

~Lotus

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lotus said:

~Lotus

Could be a 50/50 then. But it doesn't take away the fact that pve, again, didn't get a lot of info. Nothing even about the alliance system.

Wow...Dev have really no clue for the futur of this game. They try to split the rest of the player, but for what purpose at the end ? Happiness for everyone ? that's all ? You have miss your shot !! It's too late anyway. You have not enough player for this developper. Wake up !
Look https://steamcharts.com/app/834910#7d 

Edited by Chocolatine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

good I do not have anything clear tomorrow 20 is going to update the servers and start 0 or is delayed everything from 1 to 2 weeks?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Chocolatine said:

Wow...Dev have really no clu for the futur of this game. They try to split the rest of the player, but for what purpose at the end ? Happiness for everyone ? that's all ? You have miss your shot !! It's too late anyway. You have not enough player for this developper. Wake up !

https://steamcharts.com/app/834910#7d 

thats togheter with unnoficials 🙂

Hard community we have here. Nothing changed yet but all of You complain. 
I personally think changes in this game will work in some kind of way to get NEW people to come and play with us.
Stop thinking about yourselves, think about the future of the game and how to provide the most fun for everyone. 

btw.
Crying about PVE ? Go PVP Simple as that. 
This is survival game You know ?

With Kind Regards
Heil Hydra

Edited by gh0rilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, hiddenftw said:

thats togheter with unnoficials 🙂

Yeah i know. And the number was 5000 "before" the wipe announcement. Grapeshot game are f  Amateur devteam 2019.

6 minutes ago, gh0rilla said:

Hard community we have here. Nothing changed yet but all of You complain. 
I personally think changes in this game will work in some kind of way to get NEW people to come and play with us.
Stop thinking about yourselves, think about the future of the game and how to provide the most fun for everyone. 
Crying about PVE ? Go PVP Simple as that. 
This is survival game You know ?

With Kind Regards
Heil Hydra

You need to read the captains log before  you make "your complain too" They talk about pvp split in half. Not a pvp vs pve gameplay

Edited by Chocolatine

You need to read the captains log before  you make "your complain too" They talk about pvp split in half. Not a pvp vs pve gameplay

I do know what is the captain's log about. I am discussing about comments over here.

i dont understand how they can announce a wipe with nothing made as a patch just toughs writed on a captain log.

i dont care about the wipe passing over it but delaying it cause u cant finish the things u said thats really fked up .

second tough i saw alot of post where dollie said "numbers of players doesnt matter" thats fucked up to say about ur customers basicly i bet u wouldnt said that if u would have monthly subscribtion atm is ok copies sold money made .

from what i saw community accepted the wipe and most of changes but keep delaying things makes more anger .

you guys got bad management and we recive it daily 🙂

• Like 1