hi looking for some help from all u good pathfinders just setup our new 3x3 server and whilst changing grid we get caught in "limbo" basically when we cross we just hang loading. any help would be welcomed 

cheers

I have the same issue i think.

My servers and expansion servers all start without issue all ports show open and i can find it in Steam's list and Atlas itself, but when i try to cross from the home / Freeport server to another server i get the message on screen saying i am traveling to another server and then it does nothing if i leave and rejoin it tells me I'm traveling to another server and try to rejoin later but no matter how long i leave it i get the same error message does anyone know a fix for this issue it is not the reconnecting I will just wipe the Database once it will actually works as it should with changing from one to another server.

YEA THATS THE SAME ISSUE I AM HAVING. THANKS FOR UR RESPONSE. HOPEFULLY SOME1 CAN HELP

image bellow is the ports im using and they all report open as does Redis on 6379 and seamless ports are reporting open too they are

27000,  B2  (home server)

27010, A1

27020, A2

27030, A3

27040, B1

27050, B3

27060, C1

27070, C2

27080, C3

My3x3.jpg

Edited by smokedog77
  • Haha 1

It's really hard to say what's wrong. Is SeamlessIP set to the same public address for all servers? Are you testing on a LAN, and have not done NAT redirection to that public address from that public address to the private server address?

If for some reason you were testing changing grids and it didn't work, it is also possible that in Redis your character got corrupted and will appear with different states and positions in both tiles. You may need to wipe once changing grid works.

EDIT: Also this thread 

Edited by Andargor
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Andargor said:

It's really hard to say what's wrong. Is SeamlessIP set to the same public address for all servers? Are you testing on a LAN, and have not done NAT redirection to that public address from that public address to the private server address?

If for some reason you were testing changing grids and it didn't work, it is also possible that in Redis your character got corrupted and will appear with different states and positions in both tiles. You may need to wipe once changing grid works.

EDIT: Also this thread 

Hi yeah I've replied to that post asking the last guy before my reply if they fixed their issue too.

The server is in a data center and not on my home network, like i say above it is really annoying me as i cant find the answer,

yet i seem to be having the same issue others have had but they all seemed to be resolved by opening ports or moving their ports spacing up, which I've always done when hosting multiple instances of any game and I always make sure to have a gap of +10 on my ports when running more than one game server instance. I've checked the ports are open from my home network using port checking sites and they all report to be open when the servers are online I'm using Windows server 2016 if that makes any difference to the issue, I'm starting to clutch at straws now in the hope of getting the issue resolved. 😭

My new PSU for my server should be here at any moment. Assuming the old PSU did not fry my server when it went out I should be setting up tonight and tomorrow. I will see if I hit the same issues. If I hit the same issues then perhaps we can assist each other, if I do not then perhaps we can figure out what is going on. I will be running server 2k19. I will be running the redis server from a Debian based dedicated VM, or on its own dedicated server. I have read there being issues when the redis server runs directly on the machine with the grid servers. Also read and have seen in streams it being reported the redis just runs better set up separately. Also read it runs better if used as a service if you cant run it separately.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SIEGEGUN said:

My new PSU for my server should be here at any moment. Assuming the old PSU did not fry my server when it went out I should be setting up tonight and tomorrow. I will see if I hit the same issues. If I hit the same issues then perhaps we can assist each other, if I do not then perhaps we can figure out what is going on. I will be running server 2k19. I will be running the redis server from a Debian based dedicated VM, or on its own dedicated server. I have read there being issues when the redis server runs directly on the machine with the grid servers. Also read and have seen in streams it being reported the redis just runs better set up separately. Also read it runs better if used as a service if you cant run it separately.

@SIEGEGUNThanks for that I really appreciate your input, ive gone and got a Ubuntu cloud server to host the Redis DB on i just need to set it up correctly, once done i will see if that fixes my issues.  if it does i will reply here for others with this issue.

• Like 1

My PSU came yesterday but when the old one went out it took my server board with it. Waiting on another board and then I will see where I am at in regards to this issue. Just letting you know I cant test until it comes. I hate waiting sometimes lol.

• Haha 1

On 3/21/2019 at 2:08 PM, SIEGEGUN said:

My PSU came yesterday but when the old one went out it took my server board with it. Waiting on another board and then I will see where I am at in regards to this issue. Just letting you know I cant test until it comes. I hate waiting sometimes lol.

Well i got a dedicated Redis server running and all working fine now and i manage to get Atlas servers to start up and they are connecting and using it. I evven did a complete new grid editor of one i found on Gportal got it all setup and running but still i run into this issue I've even got the Redis server open to all connections from any IP, on the game boxes i have Windows firewall off as well to rule out ports yet get the same result, join spawn in a brig go to cross into another grid & the server wall is white so connections to the servers and redis working correctly otherwise it would be a red wall), then it just sits there saying traveling to another region and hangs until i disconnect then i cant reconnect without flushing the database.

In all my years of hosting games i have never run into this sort of thing (I still run ARK servers that are clustered too, so the configs are not new to me).