Sign in to follow this  
Marx_cz

2 day to reset? No info

The potential wipe of servers was announced for 20th March. 2 days from today and we dońt have a single info what’s gonna happen or even what’s going on. Did developers give up or what?

Just wait for todays Captain log? Reset is not planned for 20th, PTR is. Reset will be the week after.

Edited by Willard

Captains Log  from last Friday should have been full of details. What we got was - well nothing. Dolly thought telling us the devs were busy was more important than actually informing us of whats going on. Which kinda suggests that its not going to happen on Wednesday

1 hour ago, Willard said:

Just wait for todays Captain log? Reset is not planned for 20th, PTR is. Reset will be the week after.

Possible, it could take much longer if things go sour.

Then lets cross the fingers that the slave empire system with integrated megatribe protection will go live soon 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Talono said:

Then lets cross the fingers that the slave empire system with integrated megatribe protection will go live soon 😉

Summed it up very nicely there Talono.

I bet server reset won't happen tell me june.  Have they ever even come close to meeting a deadline.   

ptr = waste of time , why ? we are testing the game anyway , seems a waste of resources to have a ptr up then wipe the servers and do it all again a week later , 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UDO said:

ptr = waste of time , why ? we are testing the game anyway , seems a waste of resources to have a ptr up then wipe the servers and do it all again a week later , 

so they can implement changes without opening the doors on the official to be exploited. 

Exploited then hopefully fixed on the PTR  and then being released to official thus not ruining the game for the majority that are playing on official.

Remember all the rollbacks... hackers, ships being lost and all that good stuff?

cause let me tell ya, i'm gonna break the shit out of the ptr so we don't gotta experience that in official.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

16 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

so they can implement changes without opening the doors on the official to be exploited. 

Exploited then hopefully fixed on the PTR  and then being released to official thus not ruining the game for the majority that are playing on official.

Remember all the rollbacks... hackers, ships being lost and all that good stuff?

cause let me tell ya, i'm gonna break the shit out of the ptr so we don't gotta experience that in official.

One week is not enough time to do that kind of indepth testing, the only testing we will get is server stability.

Might not fix it all, but if a large percentage of us participate, break it and report it then we end up with a better game.  Many people are just playing this game as if its a full release.  They are not providing any meaningful feedback to the devs besides being a connection to the server eating up resources which helps them in a passive manner. 

• Like 1

Only makes sense to close the current server and have everyone test the PTR update.  We need to get these new bugs squashed and the more people playing will allow this to occur.  I have no use for the current server after the 20th. 

Edited by Ravenx

4 hours ago, Marx_cz said:

The potential wipe of servers was announced for 20th March. 2 days from today and we dońt have a single info what’s gonna happen or even what’s going on. Did developers give up or what?

You know it’s going to be delayed right?

1 hour ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

Megas always make sure to keep exploits quite. There will definitely be exploits even after the ptr is done

18 minutes ago, Realist said:

You know it’s going to be delayed right?

Megas always make sure to keep exploits quite. There will definitely be exploits even after the ptr is done

not just mega's lol. i kept a few quite as i came upon them.. grappling a dead body that is filled with mad weight in metal, wood, stone and dragging it back to base while in sprint lol. I knew about that for a week before they fixed it. I'm just saying, when you have a large community of people dedicated to breaking the game and talking about it in real time where devs can easily see it, without risk of being banned... those guys are gonna have bragging rights.

thats gonna do wonders. i wouldn't mind seeing special title in the real game that show off how many thing you exposed and got fixed. "Game Breaker" oh yeah baby. sign me up

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

3 minutes ago, Grongash said:

What makes you think that THIS will be the one deadline they actually make?

i dont. that shit pisses me off too.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

i dont. that shit pisses me off too.

Yeah you and me both. These guys really suck with deadlines. You can almost set your watch to the delays lol

and as far as the other comment. Well hopefully they want the bragging rights and not the advantage later on

9 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Yes they've met several deadlines before.

Most notably for the last Ark dlc, which was a disaster and definitely should have been delayed.

deadlines? these people don't even own watches let alone know how to read a calendar.

• Sad 1

It is going to get postponed, and quite substantially so. IDK why am I still here waiting for the update however xD

2 minutes ago, gnihar said:

It is going to get postponed, and quite substantially so. IDK why am I still here waiting for the update however xD

yeah im goin nuts... I quit my day job for this? wtf is wrong with me

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Haha 2

Haha, i did not quit my job but took a week of vacations for Atlas and told my girlfriend some trash why i have no time.

On the last day of that week devs announced the wipe.

Really love you since that Jat❤️ as i cheated my girl for you.

Edited by Talono

3 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

yeah im goin nuts... I quit my day job for this? wtf is wrong with me

I have a great time in the wild west.

Horses, bison, gangsters, building a house.

While it is pleasant more than ATLAS.