sinBloo

vitamin system is to much

tbh the vitamin system is to much, it is really hard to get started when you need to get every single food resource in the game to get away from your starting island. it is also empty of fish since everyone needs it so bad, you cant use fishing rod since there is no sap/suger around on the island because everyone needs it. it really needs a change or removed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i agree with you SINBLOO ! =)

We don't need an ark-like game, because we alrealdy have ark ^^ We just want to have pleasure on the sea and on the ground without thinking too much about drinking or eating.

I hope we couldplay the game easier to  spend more time to create our boat and fight the sea !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Highly agree! I don't mind the tediousness of it, but having 3 resources relatively plentiful and then having one (Vitamin D) nowhere to be found is a recipe for frustration. I mean, berries, full of juice, don't even replenish your hydration. If we're gonna walk the tightrope of realism, I mean...come on.

Honestly, what I would HIGHLY enjoy, and from the discussions on my server there are many that agree, is that a Hunger bar is good. A Hydration bar is good; in fact, both could be considered critical to the survival genre. The micromanagement that is resource gathering just for food as things are, however, is just too much. Even just tying health into the hunger bar and giving buffs/debuffs based on vitamins would be much easier to manage and deal with. I don't mind the shakes as long as I'm not going to die in 60 seconds.

• Thanks 1

ECO has a decent system where you just have to balance your food inputs, meats-veg-fruit-carbs.... also we need foods that just provide carbs like rices and grains that are not essential.  You can survive long periods on limited vitamins.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, these vitamins really need to go. I don't mind needing to eat and drink, but to have to fight all these vitamins is just too much. I refuse to do it and spend more time dying from lack of vitamins then eating and dealing with the hassle. Thank goodness for beds on the raft and boats or I wouldn't play, but I am getting tired of dealing with dying all the time.

With Eco's food system, you could eat anything you wanted, however, if you ate right, you get an exp buff or something. that was a great system, and mirrored life pretty well. 
Requiring veggies and such, to stave off disease after a few weeks? that makes plenty of sense... but needing as much food as we do now, makes little to no sense, and feels like its just a punishment with no reward in sight. 

Also on the sea they drop so much even you Will die for more than 130% on food or lack of vitamins, i'm agree on eco system also, do It as bonus, not a needed

I partly agree.

It's VERY easy to farm Vitamin A (Pepper and so on), B (Meat), C (Berries) and D (Fish).

The System works like this:

Stomach full > eating > overeating malus

Taking in too much vitamins > vitamin poisoning > hp gets reduced and you might die

Overeating, poisoning effects and dead chance can be reduced after skilling

Too less vitamins > you get ill (if you bark like a dog, check your vitamins!) > depleted vitamins > dead

Stamina > working, fighting and running reduces stamina > filling up stamina reduces stomach content

Vitamins reduces by time > stomach content should do too, but it doesn't seem to work properly > deflate never worked for me - only automatic over time

If you don't have to fight and didn't skill vitamin reducement, it's easy to get the ballance. Why i agree that it needs changes is...

After skilling to reduce vitamin loss it gets harder to get the ballance, there are points when you have to eat, but you will run into side effects.

The updates since this response have made the vitamin system much better.  Plus getting more level ask skill points to offset the drains and ovrer eating. Well done.

------------------------
The vitamins are too cumbersome and just seem out of place to me. They take up most of my time and effort to find,collect/kill and eat. Constantly. By the time I gathered enough of one vitamin food to prepare for sailing,another would rot away or have to be eaten.   It's a tedious circle. I wound up giving up and letting myself starve to death repeatedly just to be able to sail anywhere . It's too much of a hassle and prevents smooth "pirate game" game play and feels more like a "Dietician game".

The focus on diet needs to be toned way down so we can focus on the actual pirate stuff. Either remove the vitamins or have them reduce more realistically,like over a period of game weeks. Just my 2 cents. 🙂

Edited by plj
Can't delete so updating.

Imo if they have traders in port towns who can sell the various foods and items like "grog" which can mix a lot of the required nutrients together into portable items, tht would help. Especially in the free ports where, as you point out, it's near impossible to get what you need because everyone is competing over it. 

• Like 1