BLOODMARE

I want to know if there will be another server deletion in April?

4 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

because there's gonna be time limits in atlas to raid an island lmao.... hush now... your lack of intelligence is showing

And how is that relevant to Battlefield again? I'll leave the back door open, you may now exit the building quietly..

Edited by Bullet Force

3 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

And how is that relevant to Battlefield again? 

bruh...

because time limits don't make a game into pve. bf5 has time limits for matches between groups of people... so will atlas... its really not that hard to understand.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

14 hours ago, BLOODMARE said:

Many players are concerned about whether the server will be deleted in April. If so, almost all players will give up the game in China. 

Oh please say this is true, can we please get a wipe in April? Id be fine with almost any condition to guarantee the largest group of cheaters fucks off. (Not all chineese are cheaters, but most cheaters are chineese, its a cultural thing not a racist thing)

2 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Nope most dedicated PVP players have left and won't be returning.

This new mode is far from a PVP mode . In these new "PVP" servers you can only PVP for a few hours each day with 3/4 of the day being restricted to PVE only . I don't know how anyone can call that a PVP server. Give it a week and the few remaining PVP players will be so utterly bored they will stop playing all together.

Aww, I missed the meeting where we all appointed you the spokesman for dedicated PvP players. Are you like our "Lorax"?

Now to address the fake news.

- 9/24 is not 25%. Its 37.5% so the worst you can say is 2/3s of a day is restricted, and even thats rounding in your favor.

- In all PvP servers that are not freeports, you can PvP at anypoint in time. On some islands there can be a raid window set to not attack that island untill the window is open. Islands make up some 10-15% of the map and not all islands will have the same window, nor will all islands be owned (theoretically). This is to encourage PvP and discourage offline raiding. As this seems to be your biggest concern, I have to assume you preferred getting offline raided or raiding others offline.

- Anyone can call it a PvP server becuase that is what the creators labeled it. Contrary to your opinion, the fact is it is labeled "NA PVP" means we address it as such. Oh also, you can attack other players on 90% of the map at anypoint in time. Making it, by definition, a PvP server.

- We gave it like 6 weeks the way it was and most players stopped playing.....of all types. Sooooo, whats your solution? Go back to the way it was and ...lose all players in a week?

-CS

Edited by Chucksteak
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, BLOODMARE said:

Many players are concerned about whether the server will be deleted in April. If so, almost all players will give up the game in China. 

And by "many players" you mean "Me, Bloodmare".

It's like you Chicken Littles have never played an Early Access title before.  Children, regardless of your physical age, have no patience these days.

12 hours ago, MisterMyztik said:

Ships don't take long.

On the other hand... docks to accommodate them, townships, meeting halls, trade hubs, taverns, shanty towns, ... the buildings.

The sheer weight of the resources or even the crafted pieces makes it a very tiresome effort to build on a scale that matches the landscapes and the scale of the ships. 

They need to reduce the polycount of structures first, otherwise you hit hard into performance issues.

58 minutes ago, CazzT said:

It's like you Chicken Littles have never played an Early Access title before.  Children, regardless of your physical age, have no patience these days.

Not everyone is eating up every crap you get fed under the banner of "early access". There are plenty of EA titles out there who managed just fine. You dont constantly wipe a grindy MMO that has progression/building parts, period. If you have to, you make it clear, and you ease one the grindy parts. 

Also, most games are EA nowadays, a cheesy way of skipping expensive testing and financing the game thats still in early development. 

11 hours ago, Grongash said:

Early Access doesnt automatically have to mean wipes, especially in a game that calls itself a MMO. The reason they had to wipe isnt really connected to any development either. It is mainly because of their sloppy handling of hacks and console commands combined with being unable to actually test their stuff internally (or even use common sense) or track down bugs.

Pretty much all of the people i know that started out very motivated and had great interest in the game are now worried that this will be a regular thing now.

And the game in its current grindy state is just not enough fun to start over all the time. If you find it fun to spent time again over and over exploring the same copy and pasted islands in order to just level to compensate for the half assed "Skill point system", be my guest. Most people wont do that. It is ok to do it once, or maybe twice. But if they honestly think the playerbase will just keep restarting those annoying parts from scratch they will be in for a surprise.

What he said

Early Access doesnt automatically have to mean wipes.

The above is true but everyone playing Atlas should know now that Atlas does and will wipe. The upcoming wipe is just the first wipe. With almost two years left of Early access, expect more wipes. We can hope there will be no more until release but lessons learned that wipes are very possible. 

38 minutes ago, Grongash said:

Not everyone is eating up every crap you get fed under the banner of "early access".

Not everything being told to customers in EA is crap, either.

We can make nebulous comments like this all day, doesn't change anything.

39 minutes ago, Grongash said:

There are plenty of EA titles out there who managed just fine.

And?  There are plenty of EA titles out there who need to wipe their servers.  Again with the nebulous statements.

Just because Game A doesn't need to wipe doesn't mean Game J doesn't need to.

40 minutes ago, Grongash said:

You dont constantly wipe a grindy MMO

REEEEEEE THE SKY IS FALLING REEEEEEEEEEE

Where the "constant wipes" for Atlas?  It hasn't even been wiped once yet, and only one has even been announced.  JFC you Chicken Littles are spastic.

42 minutes ago, Grongash said:

If you have to, you make it clear, and you ease one the grindy parts. 

So..... exactly what WC/GS have already done.  Why are you crying?

42 minutes ago, Grongash said:

Also, most games are EA nowadays, a cheesy way of skipping expensive testing and financing the game thats still in early development. 

Sure, if you want to be negative about it.  Most EA games, from what I've seen, the devs interact with the customers and use EA to gather feedback for the development of the game.  But if you want to be negative all the time, you can see it as a way to shit on customers.  To each their own, I guess.

How many games out there are like Atlas?  This large?  This many players all in one world?  How many have existed in the history of gaming?  I played a few and they all experienced wipes in testing and on release. 

If they did not wipe and let all the early access people keep everything why the hell would a new person or group of friends want to compete with that?  I'd say F it and not even bother.  Talk about shitting on new customers. 

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

the old system only breed toxicity. at least the new one has the opportunity to form a decent player culture. See, im building a fighting guild network where any company can take part. its gonna form hubs of trade and player trafic. You could imagine the possibilities of that. player towns. You'll be able to attack the trade ships that go back n forth. they don't have raid windows. Then there will be the times i host tournaments that will only be able to take place during raiding windows. I can see some badass pirates trying to raid the event and steal the chest full of betting money that will be collected during the fights. lots of gold to be made, the possibilities will be endless. this can really be a pirate game instead of being a toxic offlinning fest. 

Excellent plans.

Keep us appraised 

If delete this time, then China will definitely not to spend money to hire slaves to help them get resources.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fgriasa said:

If delete this time, then China will definitely not to spend money to hire slaves to help them get resources.

This is only the first wipe(delete), there will be more.

After this "good" and "quality" "early access" it make sence to just shut down the game.

Anyway, they already sold lot of boxes, not many will probably buy it in the future.,

P.S. Imagine how will feel ppl how buy the game few days/week before the whipe? They enter in absolutley empty game ..... and everything get whiped next day.

P.P.S. or even better: you buy the game, download, log in.... and first you see is "you wil lost everything tomorrow, welcome to our nice game, enjoy".

Edited by Goha

If there's another wipe after this one, nobody will play. guaranteed. why level up or do anything that's just going to be gone again? This isn't rust. They already mentioned bringing in more official servers, so making  the current NA and EU PvP servers Legacy servers is the most likely option. Reward players that have been here since day 1. Funny thing is, there are other similar games already being made as we speak. If these devs care one bit about the future of this game and it's community, they wont do another wipe. You saw what happened to their player count within 48 hours of the official wipe announcement lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthSideChicago said:

If there's another wipe after this one, nobody will play. guaranteed. why level up or do anything that's just going to be gone again? This isn't rust. They already mentioned bringing in more official servers, so making  the current NA and EU PvP servers Legacy servers is the most likely option. Reward players that have been here since day 1. Funny thing is, there are other similar games already being made as we speak. If these devs care one bit about the future of this game and it's community, they wont do another wipe. You saw what happened to their player count within 48 hours of the official wipe announcement lol. 

funny how some randoms always know what other people will do or no

1 minute ago, Arykos said:

funny how some randoms always know what other people will do or no

While it clearly is over exaggerated the general meassage isnt that far off. We are talking wipe, so this is about the official servers only. If you take the playerbase of the last month before the wipe announcement and substract the pure maintenance loggers you get a pretty small actual playerbase. So far no one of my company, friends list and the people that settled around our region on the official EU PvE Server see any reason to go on if they plan further wipes. Lets be honest, there isnt much to this game other than building in PvE.

So you can take an educated guess that at least the PvE part of the game will be screwed if they go on like this. And the PvP part got his own set of problems. Good luck if you think they will ever sort the Chinese problem or get a grip on the hacking issues. Give it a few months and you will all pay taxes to your new chinese feudal lords.

2 minutes ago, Grongash said:

While it clearly is over exaggerated the general meassage isnt that far off. We are talking wipe, so this is about the official servers only. If you take the playerbase of the last month before the wipe announcement and substract the pure maintenance loggers you get a pretty small actual playerbase. So far no one of my company, friends list and the people that settled around our region on the official EU PvE Server see any reason to go on if they plan further wipes. Lets be honest, there isnt much to this game other than building in PvE.

So you can take an educated guess that at least the PvE part of the game will be screwed if they go on like this. And the PvP part got his own set of problems. Good luck if you think they will ever sort the Chinese problem or get a grip on the hacking issues. Give it a few months and you will all pay taxes to your new chinese feudal lords.

well if they don't want to play the game they have left anyway... ofc there is not much to do... that's why people should play pvp

even if you lose your base on pvp, you can just rebuild and play the game... but well some people don't like to lose their "hard" build stuff and they better play in boredom

and no we won't pay anything to any chinese... just get your ass off and defend and fight for your land. don't be afraid because of some chinese

1 hour ago, Arykos said:

don't be afraid because of some chinese

I played a lot of ARK on official PvP servers... im not "afraid" of them, just sick of a culture that embraces cheating. No fun fighting people who dont fight fair.

Edited by Grongash
typo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, DilBert said:

This is only the first wipe(delete), there will be more.

I don't know why people keep saying this.  I'm not saying there won't be, but there has been no indication that future wipes will happen.  This is nothing more than Chicken Little panicking.