BLOODMARE

I want to know if there will be another server deletion in April?

Many players are concerned about whether the server will be deleted in April. If so, almost all players will give up the game in China. 

There will almost certainly be another server wipe, probably not in April, but at some other point.

Early Access means the game is still in development, which means there may be several wipes before full Launch.

Edited by Ktorr
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, BLOODMARE said:

Many players are concerned about whether the server will be deleted in April. If so, almost all players will give up the game in China. 

I think its likely there will be semi-regular (intended or otherwise) wipes during the pre-release phase. Would love to see at least the PvE servers have some of the crafting requirements lowered in order to allow the builders to complete some of the large scale builds they would like to undertake 😉 

Semi-regular wipes with the resource requirements in crafting as they are is a little bit painful for PvE.

1 hour ago, war machine said:

solo player with 6 gals 😛

not sure what u want to make it easier

Ships don't take long.

On the other hand... docks to accommodate them, townships, meeting halls, trade hubs, taverns, shanty towns, ... the buildings.

The sheer weight of the resources or even the crafted pieces makes it a very tiresome effort to build on a scale that matches the landscapes and the scale of the ships. 

Early Access doesnt automatically have to mean wipes, especially in a game that calls itself a MMO. The reason they had to wipe isnt really connected to any development either. It is mainly because of their sloppy handling of hacks and console commands combined with being unable to actually test their stuff internally (or even use common sense) or track down bugs.

Pretty much all of the people i know that started out very motivated and had great interest in the game are now worried that this will be a regular thing now.

And the game in its current grindy state is just not enough fun to start over all the time. If you find it fun to spent time again over and over exploring the same copy and pasted islands in order to just level to compensate for the half assed "Skill point system", be my guest. Most people wont do that. It is ok to do it once, or maybe twice. But if they honestly think the playerbase will just keep restarting those annoying parts from scratch they will be in for a surprise.

27 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Why April?

I guess they assume thats how long it will take them for another major screw up? Fair assumption tbh.

• Like 1

We can only hope for a statement from the devs on future wipes. Until then, I don't think anyone really knows.

I think many will be slow to invest the same amount of time without a better understanding of this issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buck Rider said:

We can only hope for a statement from the devs on future wipes. Until then, I don't think anyone really knows.

I think many will be slow to invest the same amount of time without a better understanding of this issue.

im goin balls deep no matter what happens.

• Like 1

I can smell at a minimum a big revert happening with regards to these new anti PVP changes they are so determined to introduce on PVP servers.

Once they see the player numbers plummet they will have no choice but to revert the severs back to their original PVP focused state.

Edited by Bullet Force
  • Haha 2

Guess not if there won't be any major changes to claim systems.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

I can smell at a minimum a big revert happening with regards to these new anti PVP changes they are so determined to introduce on PVP servers.

Once they see the player numbers plummet they will have no choice but to revert it back the severs back to original PVP focused state.

Ye because current PvP system was working awesome with 1500 players on EU pvp during peak times even before wipe was announced 😉

6 minutes ago, Willard said:

Guess not if there won't be any major changes to claim systems.

Ye because current PvP system was working awesome with 1500 players on EU pvp during peak times even before wipe was announced 😉

With any game you are always going to see a gradual decline in player counts over time. It happens to every game even the most popular games. 

1 minute ago, Bullet Force said:

With any game you are always going to see a gradual decline in player counts over time. It happens to every game even the most popular games. 

Ye most of people I know in this game left because of offline raiding and now they are coming back. Guess why? Because now they will be able to enjoy real PvP, not PvNPCs 😉 Lets see what numbers we got in like 2-3 weeks after wipe. Im curious and I really think this will definitely increase playerbase.

the old system only breed toxicity. at least the new one has the opportunity to form a decent player culture. See, im building a fighting guild network where any company can take part. its gonna form hubs of trade and player trafic. You could imagine the possibilities of that. player towns. You'll be able to attack the trade ships that go back n forth. they don't have raid windows. Then there will be the times i host tournaments that will only be able to take place during raiding windows. I can see some badass pirates trying to raid the event and steal the chest full of betting money that will be collected during the fights. lots of gold to be made, the possibilities will be endless. this can really be a pirate game instead of being a toxic offlinning fest. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Willard said:

Ye most of people I know in this game left because of offline raiding and now they are coming back. Guess why? Because now they will be able to enjoy real PvP, not PvNPCs 😉 Lets see what numbers we got in like 2-3 weeks after wipe. Im curious and I really think this will definitely increase playerbase.

Nope most dedicated PVP players have left and won't be returning.

This new mode is far from a PVP mode . In these new "PVP" servers you can only PVP for a few hours each day with 3/4 of the day being restricted to PVE only . I don't know how anyone can call that a PVP server. Give it a week and the few remaining PVP players will be so utterly bored they will stop playing all together.

Edited by Bullet Force

1 minute ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

the old system only breed toxicity. at least the new one has the opportunity to form a decent player culture. See, im building a fighting guild network where any company can take part. its gonna form hubs of trade and player trafic. You could imagine the possibilities of that. player towns. You'll be able to attack the trade ships that go back n forth. they don't have raid windows. Then there will be the times i host tournaments that will only be able to take place during raiding windows. I can see some badass pirates trying to raid the event and steal the chest full of betting money that will be collected during the fights. lots of gold to be made, the possibilities will be endless. this can really be a pirate game instead of being a toxic offlinning fest. 

Ah here it is that buzz word again "toxicity". I'm quite surprised you didn't throw in "griefers" and "trolls". The game world you seem to want where everyone is nice and gentle and does trading and has "community" events is already offered its called PVE. 

I really don't quite understand why obvious PVE players are so determined to remove PVP from the PVP servers. You don't see us PVP players demanding PVE servers have more wars. It would be nice if you would reciprocate that.

51 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

Ah here it is that buzz word again "toxicity". I'm quite surprised you didn't throw in "griefers" and "trolls". The game world you seem to want where everyone is nice and gentle and does trading and has "community" events is already offered its called PVE. 

I really don't quite understand why obvious PVE players are so determined to remove PVP from the PVP servers. You don't see us PVP players demanding PVE servers have more wars. It would be nice if you would reciprocate that.

First off, i've got 600 hours playing pvp since day one, NA PVP. During the first 3 months, i was in a war every... single... day. So know what your talking about before you spew your shit.

i just think it's hilarious that just because there's gonna be a "window" to fight an individual island, that you now consider it a pve game lmao. That's like saying, in battle field 5, that because the match ends, bf5 is now a pve game.. i mean seriously... you're ridiculous 

in case logic evade you even more than is evident, PVE means player verses environment. 

trade is considered player versus player, as it has nothing to do with the environment

community events are player versus player, as it has nothing to do with the environment, usually.

wars could be considered community events btw.

and let's be honest, there is BARELY any pve content in this game... sod, animals and golden age islands. the kraken.. vitamin, food and water depletion. hot and cold weather... 

whoopty fuckin doo

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, BLOODMARE said:

The whole thing about server wipes you best get used to fast,the game is still in “development” the servers while in development get wiped. Get used to it.

41 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

First off, i've got 600 hours playing pvp since day one, NA PVP. During the first 3 months, i was in a war every... single... day. So know what your talking about before you spew your shit.

i just think it's hilarious that just because there's gonna be a "window" to fight an individual island, that you now consider it a pve game lmao. That's like saying, in battle field 5, that because the match ends that its now a pve game.. i mean seriously... you're ridiculous 

in case logic evade you even more than is evident, PVE means player verses environment. 

trade is considered player versus player, as it has nothing to do with the environment

community events are player versus player, as it has nothing to do with the environment, usually.

wars could be considered community events btw.

and let's be honest, there is BARELY any pve content in this game... sod, animals and golden age islands. the kraken.. vitamin, food and water depletion. hot and cold weather... 

whoopty fuckin doo

That is a really bad analogy. A better example would be that your playing Battlefield 5 you've taken all the flags and your team is advancing onto the final flag. Then the enemy team pushes the mercy button and suddenly your guns stop doing any damage. A message then appears on the screen: "Combat will resume at noon tomorrow". 

Just now, Bullet Force said:

That is a really bad analogy. A better example would be that your playing Battlefield 5 you've taken all the flags and your team is advancing onto the final flag. Then the enemy team pushes the mercy button and suddenly your guns stop doing any damage. A message then appears on the screen: "Combat will resume at noon tomorrow". 

matches have time limits in bf5 derpy. the match will run out of time, even if you advancing onto the final flag. your argument is null.

Just now, Enki Anunnaki said:

matches have time limits in bf5 derpy. the match will run out of time, even if you advancing onto the final flag. your argument is null.

Right so then why did you try and use it as an analogy for Atlas then? 

2 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

Right so then why did you try and use it as an analogy for Atlas then? 

because there's gonna be time limits in atlas to raid an island lmao.... hush now... your lack of intelligence is showing

Edited by Enki Anunnaki