Sign in to follow this  
MrMagoo

Forming an alliance

I remember early on when I used to play Atlas you could form alliance with another company, I hear they have taken this away from the game now is this correct?

What are the changes to allow another company team up with you without leaving your own company? I was thinking I won't be able to get on other companies ships. I think they should have left this feature in the game, I don't know if there is another way to help each other though without the alliance.

I really hope they decide against taking this out for pve because it will stop alot of interactions with another company or your fellow neighbour.

They're stopping Alliances in PVE so large companies can't use it as a mechanic to get around company size limits.

They realy need a grouping up method in PVE so people can help each other out, trade or mission together. A temporary system would suffice, something like a button to group those players within a small area for a few hours. And a trade channel on chat that is the whole map wide.  

4 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

They're stopping Alliances in PVE so large companies can't use it as a mechanic to get around company size limits.

They realy need a grouping up method in PVE so people can help each other out, trade or mission together. A temporary system would suffice, something like a button to group those players within a small area for a few hours. And a trade channel on chat that is the whole map wide.  

Its not exactly going to stop this though... Just unofficial alliances through discord.

Will just stop smaller/less organised groups from being able to form alliances in-game 😞

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MisterMyztik said:

Its not exactly going to stop this though... Just unofficial alliances through discord.

I know, was just stating the reason for getting rid of alliances was to remove that particular mechanic. didn't want to go into the whole mega's gonna be mega by any means.

We are a small company that was allied with a few other small companies and ran maps and explored together. All of the small companies in the alliance consisted of people that knew each other in real life.

To get around no alliances, after the wipe we are going to form 1 larger company, but its going to function like an alliance, where all the previous individual companies did their own thing, had their own ships and bases but we could easily come together to do maps, explore, or bosses, plus we could all chat in game. Of course this involves a lot of trust, but most of us have been allied and hanging out since the first week or 2 so trust isnt an issue.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jabnlab said:

We are a small company that was allied with a few other small companies and ran maps and explored together. All of the small companies in the alliance consisted of people that knew each other in real life.

To get around no alliances, after the wipe we are going to form 1 larger company, but its going to function like an alliance, where all the previous individual companies did their own thing, had their own ships and bases but we could easily come together to do maps, explore, or bosses, plus we could all chat in game. Of course this involves a lot of trust, but most of us have been allied and hanging out since the first week or 2 so trust isnt an issue.

Trust is the problem, I started off the game playing with someone I knew well who was the owner of the company, nice guy or so I thought. We brought in another 2 guys who I had no problems with they weren't the issue.

We managed to have 3 flags on an island with structures built and ships. One day the owner got frustrated because stuff got stolen because someone brought animals to destroy cupboards and loot some stuff. I logged off for an hour or two and then came back on to find the flags removed, me and others removed from company and doors left open for others to loot, everything was gone. 

The owner, who seemed a very nice guy but obviously had a spiteful trait along with anger. What I'm trying to say is be careful who you trust because if you invite everyone into your company it only takes one person to demolish everything in anger which is why I will never trust anyone unless I have to. I've made that mistake and I won't make it again, I will make my own company and I will still help others out but I won't give permission for them to demolish and take things.

Edited by DannyUK
  • Like 1

I am not a fan of the Company dynamic, I prefer to work with small group of people I know in real life or have played in-game for a period of time.   Allies a number of groups to communicate, most of the people living on the island were in an alliance., where we negotiated trades and negotiated boundaries were we had claim overlaps.

On of the companies was running low on active members, so they decided to merge with another company from another island and bring their current members along with them.  Not sure of the details, but the new company did not accept any of the member and in a couple days kicked the original owner out.   Effectively stealing the entire contents of the old company.   To no surprise the old owner quit, and has not been seen since.  

The idea that companies own everything, and members own nothing individually really needs work.