Sign in to follow this  
hiddenftw

Not even 1k ppl

6 hours ago, gnihar said:

You betrayed not only your allies, but your members as well, those lower ranked who had friends in allied tribe. Was this worthy of your tribe's survival. Not IMO. This is a typical bottom feeder oportunistic behavior, which in the end resulted in you and your tribe losing themselves and their identity in chinese zerg. I can only imagine how fun it was for your guys to use google translate every time you wanted to communicate with your new masters.

EDIT: This type of "politics" is the exact reason why many have left Ark. Anyone who thinks promoting and glorifying values like betrayal in any context to be awesome and brilliant is a sociopath in (not so good a) disguise. Glad I do not play on NA, I find even being in a same place with these types is toxic to my karma.

Look when you are a tribe leader sometimes you have to make tough decisions that may seem harsh but in the long term prove beneficial. If we had helped our allies we would have joined them in the pile of ashes. I made a decision that this would not be a fate worthy of us. 

The lower ranks never found out about the secret pact and so there was no issue. Nearly all of them were able to put their grievances behind them and followed us into the merger, that is what I call an adaptable player especially in this kind of game you have to be adaptable. At any point your allies could betray you and your enemies could become useful. You can't hold grudges.

To give you a little example we once had a sort of solo guerrilla fighter attacking our mega tribes PVE farming outposts we had around the map on one of our servers. This guy was real sneaky and very clever. For about 3 weeks he constantly raided our bases on foot and doing a lot of damage. As a result a lot of folks in our tribe were very angry with him. Eventually we tracked him down and caged him. I then made him an offer. Instead of attacking us he could join our raiding squad. I was taking a big risk here he could of then betrayed us or worse but he proved to be one of finest raiders.

With regards to politics you seem a bit naive as there is plenty of it in Atlas as well. I can speak from my own experiences in my current company We have a lot of allies but some are worth more then others. Sometimes some just aren't worth saving, but you never tell them that of course. I'm sure other large companies do this as well but we tend to place our allies in a ring around our main island so that they are in the path of any direct invasion route of our main island. When they get attacled we'll get the notification and be ready well in advanced of any possible attack our main island.

43 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

I'm not sure what you are referring to here champ but I didn't mention about betrayal in my post. It was proper allocation of human resources within a tribe.

in regards to not understanding players who popcorn/demo the base of their own peoples they play with every day (their homies)... you gave insight as to why someone would do that.

Hell, if you were my leader id have found a way to scuttle every ship, kill every tame and foundation wipe any trace of our company i could while you slept.

You're a true example of a piece of human garbage (at least that of which i can judge in survival games from what you've said, idk about survival irl, as people would have caught on quick enough to have put you behind bars or gave you 2 in the chest and one in the head so that you wouldn't bring down society)

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

2 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

in regards to not understanding players who popcorn/demo the base of their own peoples they play with every day (their homies)... you gave insight as to why someone would do that.

Hell, if you were my leader id have found a way to scuttle every ship and foundation wipe any trace of our company i could while you slept.

You're a true example of a piece of human garbage (at least that of which i can judge in survival games from what you've said, idk about survival irl, as people would have caught on quick enough to have put you behind bars or gave you 2 in the chest and one in the head so that you wouldn't bring down society)

Tribes ranks and limits exist for a reason. I played ARK for 3 years and never got insided once. If you recruit properly and keep a lid on internal tribe politics its actually pretty easy to stop issues from developing. The main thing you have to look out for as a tribe leader is ambitious players and the formation of micro groups in a tribe. Ambitious players will try to quickly rise to the top even if they aren't deserving of it. The way you beat this is by pitting other players against them. If you encourage 3 players instead of just one to apply for say squad leader then it looks less suspicious when you appoint your man for that job rather then the ultra ambitious guy.

Micro groups are another problem. Players will tend to play with other players they know or like. If one faction in your tribe is allowed to get too powerful then you have a problem. It is quite often these groups that try and make a power play or will try and break off from the tribe. The way you solve this is by avoiding the issue in the first place. Never let people that are  friends IRL only play together. Force into their group outsiders both to keep tabs on them and also to encourage them to get to know more players. Ideally you want to rotate who plays with who so that everyone gets to know each other thus building up the tribe spirit and loyalty to the tribe as a whole.

8 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

Tribes ranks and limits exist for a reason. I played ARK for 3 years and never got insided once. If you recruit properly and keep a lid on internal tribe politics its actually pretty easy to stop issues from developing. The main thing you have to look out for as a tribe leader is ambitious players and the formation of micro groups in a tribe. Ambitious players will try to quickly rise to the top even if they aren't deserving of it. The way you beat this is by pitting other players against them. If you encourage 3 players instead of just one to apply for say squad leader then it looks less suspicious when you appoint your man for that job rather then the ultra ambitious guy.

Micro groups are another problem. Players will tend to play with other players they know or like. If one faction in your tribe is allowed to get too powerful then you have a problem. It is quite often these groups that try and make a power play or will try and break off from the tribe. The way you solve this is by avoiding the issue in the first place. Never let people that are  friends IRL only play together. Force into their group outsiders both to keep tabs on them and also to encourage them to get to know more players. Ideally you want to rotate who plays with who so that everyone gets to know each other thus building up the tribe spirit and loyalty to the tribe as a whole.

i mean that's cute and all but it doesn't take a leader to make explosive barrels or c4 for the instance of ark.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

20 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

Look when you are a tribe leader sometimes you have to make tough decisions that may seem harsh but in the long term prove beneficial. If we had helped our allies we would have joined them in the pile of ashes. I made a decision that this would not be a fate worthy of us. 

The lower ranks never found out about the secret pact and so there was no issue. Nearly all of them were able to put their grievances behind them and followed us into the merger, that is what I call an adaptable player especially in this kind of game you have to be adaptable. At any point your allies could betray you and your enemies could become useful. You can't hold grudges.

To give you a little example we once had a sort of solo guerrilla fighter attacking our mega tribes PVE farming outposts we had around the map on one of our servers. This guy was real sneaky and very clever. For about 3 weeks he constantly raided our bases on foot and doing a lot of damage. As a result a lot of folks in our tribe were very angry with him. Eventually we tracked him down and caged him. I then made him an offer. Instead of attacking us he could join our raiding squad. I was taking a big risk here he could of then betrayed us or worse but he proved to be one of finest raiders.

With regards to politics you seem a bit naive as there is plenty of it in Atlas as well. I can speak from my own experiences in my current company We have a lot of allies but some are worth more then others. Sometimes some just aren't worth saving, but you never tell them that of course. I'm sure other large companies do this as well but we tend to place our allies in a ring around our main island so that they are in the path of any direct invasion route of our main island. When they get attacled we'll get the notification and be ready well in advanced of any possible attack our main island.

To conclude my discussion with you, the example you have given above doesn't compare to what you did to your allies at all, so it does not prove your point to anyone that pragmatism is kinda above all. But on the other hand,  it is very consistent with unhealthy philosophy you seem to live and function by.

It is one thing to "tame" a capable freelancer and adopt him into the tribe after an open war. To betray your buddies you shared everything with, is quite another.

Of course you sometimes have to make tough decisions, that is perfectly clear to a guy who rose from nothing to alpha ownership more than once on officials since 2015, and again nothing that I ever did compares to what you did and are willing to do.

You see, my experience was quite different than that of yours, and while I have never led or even been in a zerg tribe which I detest (but neither have you, for you have been a proverbial servant and still are a "servant", and not an actual tribe owner), I guess I achieved the same status as you have, and arguably even more - risen to "alphadom" on officials. More than once.

Heck, even though I may sound like it now, I am no friggin' saint, and have part unwillingly and part due to my huge pride wronged some of my Ark mates as well by making unfair decision which I today regret.

But nowhere near to what you did and are still willing to do. If I did that, I would have no mates, no core members, only potential traitors and "interested parties" playing friends only to stab me in the back the moment I show weakness. I would have lost their respect and trust.

I guess people in general are great when it comes to rationalizing even the worst things that they have done. The ability to justify anything and everything is uncanny in humankind indeed, but so far I have seen nothing here other than complete lack of character, integrity and perhaps even a hint of something worse, but not being a Freud, I will not go further.

In the end, I will conclude that one does not need to be a douche bag to win in Ark/ATLAS, and being a douche brings nothing positive other than the scorn of general populace, who in majority are driven by honesty and justice, and not by values shown in the above post.

I shall stop here as quite honestly I am a bit disgusted by myself even replying to this.

24 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

My partner and i were in many alphas and Megas and they all knew how tight we were and they had to deal with it, which they did because we were better builders than only of those chumps. 

Also since we were the once that built the bases we knew every inch so it was better for the leader and any others to stay on our good side. 

They knew their place and we knew ours. As long as people stick to their role and don’t stick their nose where it doesn’t belong then everything was fine.

19 minutes ago, gnihar said:

To conclude my discussion with you, the example you have given above doesn't compare to what you did to your allies at all, so it does not prove your point to anyone that pragmatism is kinda above all. But on the other hand,  it is very consistent with unhealthy philosophy you seem to live and function by.

It is one thing to "tame" a capable freelancer and adopt him into the tribe after an open war. To betray your buddies you shared everything with, is quite another.

Of course you sometimes have to make tough decisions, that is perfectly clear to a guy who rose from nothing to alpha ownership more than once on officials since 2015, and again nothing that I ever did compares to what you did and are willing to do.

You see, my experience was quite different than that of yours, and while I have never led or even been in a zerg tribe which I detest (but neither have you, for you have been a proverbial servant and still are a "servant", and not an actual tribe owner), I guess I achieved the same status as you have, and arguably even more - risen to "alphadom" on officials. More than once.

Heck, even though I may sound like it now, I am no friggin' saint, and have part unwillingly and part due to my huge pride wronged some of my Ark mates as well by making unfair decision which I today regret.

But nowhere near to what you did and are still willing to do. If I did that, I would have no mates, no core members, only potential traitors and "interested parties" playing friends only to stab me in the back the moment I show weakness. I would have lost their respect and trust.

I guess people in general are great when it comes to rationalizing even the worst things that they have done. The ability to justify anything and everything is uncanny in humankind indeed, but so far I have seen nothing here other than complete lack of character, integrity and perhaps even a hint of something worse, but not being a Freud, I will not go further.

In the end, I will conclude that one does not need to be a douche bag to win in Ark/ATLAS, and being a douche brings nothing positive other than the scorn of general populace, who in majority are driven by honesty and justice, and not by values shown in the above post.

I shall stop here as quite honestly I am a bit disgusted by myself even replying to this.

Man, i myself was a leader of a 70 man group. some people call that a zerg. tough decision? are you kidding? it's a game. we were facing annihilation from dynasty and their hordes. we were offered to alliance with them instead and betray our alliance partner who spammed their streamer, who was raiding them, with all sorts of racist and stupid screaming thus making him have to shut down his stream. they had a valid vendetta to wipe those fools and we were in their way. instead, we didn't throw away our alliance because we had honor. we ended up merging the whole alliance and fought dynasty to the last island. we lost, but we gained mad respect from everyone, including dynasty and their alliance. it was fun. it was pvp. it was worth it. if you compromise in a game you'll compromise in life. no respect. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

Man, i myself was a leader of a 70 man group. some people call that a zerg. tough decision? are you kidding? it's a game. we were facing annihilation from dynasty and their hordes. we were offered to alliance with them instead and betray our alliance partner who spammed their streamer, who was raiding them, with all sorts of racist and stupid screaming thus making him have to shut down his stream. they had a valid vendetta to wipe those fools and we were in their way. instead, we didn't throw away our alliance because we had honor. we ended up merging the whole alliance and fought dynasty to the last island, and lost. it was fun. it was pvp. it was worth it. if you compromise in a game you'll compromise in life. no respect. 

Yeah man. If you compromise in a game it is pretty sad.

but the part you won’t agree with is that I don’t believe politics, government or anything of the sort belongs in a video game. Even alliances

• Like 2

in game politics is just extra content to me, i love it. it's like a story that never ends, just gets juicer. IRL politics do not belong in game tho. I game to get a break from life.

• Like 2

Just now, Enki Anunnaki said:

in game politics is just extra content to me, i love it. it's like a story that never ends, just gets juicer. IRL politics do not belong in game tho. I game to get a break from life.

Me too. Really don’t want to deal with drama in a video game. The bigger the tribe the more drama. It isn’t really politics. It’s drama

1 minute ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

This is where I broke. "Ark meta" became too intense for me and resource draining, it was not even relaxing any more. Therefore I fled and broke that chain.

This time though, in ATLAS, I want to focus on game play not discord and having 25 tabs open on steam.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gnihar said:

This is where I broke. "Ark meta" became too intense for me and resource draining, it was not even relaxing any more. Therefore I fled and broke that chain.

This time though, in ATLAS, I want to focus on game play not discord and having 25 tabs open on steam.

I feel that. Me, im gonna make a fighters guild and host fights and tournaments that any company on the atlas can take part in, even betting... im gonna build player and trade hubs and be in the center of all the drama in the atlas. its gonna be hot lmao

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

The main thing you have to look out for as a tribe leader is ambitious players and the formation of micro groups in a tribe. Ambitious players will try to quickly rise to the top even if they aren't deserving of it. The way you beat this is by pitting other players against them. If you encourage 3 players instead of just one to apply for say squad leader then it looks less suspicious when you appoint your man for that job rather then the ultra ambitious guy.

Yea I am sure he won't be suspicious after you post it on the forum.

people still need to understand from that 50k what atlas had alot was on unnoficials also so 20k or 40k what people writed here prolly not gonna happen ... sadly tho

9 hours ago, gnihar said:

The point I was making is that in games like this don't remain static they are fluid. You have to adapt and change or you get left behind. A tribe could be your enemy on one day and the next day be a useful partner* or even an ally. In a previous example I showed how you can maximize profits while taking minimal personal risk by feeding off your allies.

The great thing about these kind of games is that you can get ahead not just through brute force but through subterfuge as well. It's a true sandbox there are many ways to crack the egg.

One of my proudest moments though was where I managed to get my two allies to attack the large Chinese tribe on our server. In our first few months of playing ARK we had formed an alliance with several other tribes on this particular server. Also on the server was a large Chinese tribe who were peaceful towards our alliance. The server was thus very peaceful and everyone in my tribe was getting pretty bored with this PVE crap. So basically we hatched a plan to kick start a war that would undermine the other tribes on the server while simultaneously strengthening our position.

Me some buddies using second accounts made some Chinese sounding characters and created a fake Chinese tribe called "ABC" which then went about aggressively attacking our allies bases while they vigorously chased ghosts trying to find our main base which never existed. To make things look less suspicious we even staged a mock attack on our own base and made sure our allies witnessed it to allay any suspicions.

The real Chinese for their part truthfully denied they had anything to do with this, while we did our best to try and link the two. Finally we decided that the best way to do that was to show conclusive proof that they were harboring these Chinese bandits. On a dark night I swam over to the South East Island on the map with a base in my inventory and planted down a fake base in the name of this bandit tribe smack bang right next to the Chinese tribe's main base. I then went on our allies Teamspeak and told them what we had "discovered" and pointed out that it was no more then 30 metres away from the Chinese base and yet hadn't been touched by them and that was really all it took to set things in motion.

For several weeks our allies and the Chinese bled each other dry while we more or less looked on and grew stronger. Eventually it ended up a stalemate and then finally a truce but the damage was done. One of our allied tribes disintegrated and we ended up absorbing a lot of their players which was perfect because until that point we were actually the smallest tribe out of the three. At the end of the war we came out as the strongest tribe on the server.

The first battle of war the was filmed on video by an ARK streamer. Ironically we were fighting alongside them and in their Teamspeak at the time during this battle:

Also I have been in 3 mega tribes or "zerg" tribes are you call them in ARK and 1 in Atlas. I wasn't a leader no but I was afforded a great deal of independence especially in the Chinese ones. I basically ran their Westerner department. By your own words were you were in an alpha tribe which is basically a large "zerg" tribe that only controls 1 sever as to multiple like that of a mega tribe. Alpha tribes definitely don't match the definition of a small so by your admission you were a zerg tribe member.

Edited by Bullet Force

19 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

The point I was making 

What ever point you are trying to make is hidden in 6 pages of contradictions and chestthumping, noone can be bothered to read it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Overly ambitious and manipulative members can happen indeed (I'd say they are rare occurrence, but known to happen), and indeed they are bolstered by their IRL friends and family whom they also got to join your tribe.

The point here is again being fully honest and just, and time and again show your base that you, as the leader, care about them, and in regard of those ambitious players, are willing to give promotions, but based on merits only.

I had a single case of a manipulative and quite intelligent guy second guessing my decisions and countering where he could.

It ended up in even his brothers turning against him, and choosing my side, and him being voted out of the tribe by, among the others, his own kin.

In such cases, hard work, total honesty and power of your reputation and charsima are your shield and your main card. No need to be a manipulative bastard and work on dividing and ruling.

Because, a tribe divided, serves nothing and no one. Not to mention crisis situations where a divided tribe will fail for sure. And if you , as a leader were the one who caused that division, you have a double fail.

Edited by gnihar
  • Like 1

This game will have no population ever again like it did on laucnh almost all casual players will never come back to this game to many ghost ships, cylcones and dumb crap that get in peoples way. free port decay is to fast now they have offline base raid protection when they shoulda of never lower health of stone walls by much so much crap that went wrong that forced people to give up and quit to never come back.

Given the zone population limits, surely zerg warfare is all but impossible, unless you have the zerg online when they dont have any defenders.. which is why theres offline protection.  It's a catch 22 unless we have some kind of unlimited population where everyone can get in at the same time, with everyone actually in at the same time.. there will always be people complaining something is unfair and they'll probably be right.  Any kind of limitation is usually due to hardware problems and the only counter to hardware problems are rules. You can't organise a database without rules, same goes for pvp in games. 

I think when we can all sit down and agree to some basic rules of engagement, will be when we finally get back to actually seeing everyone having fun again.  If you're in a game just for yourself.. well, you aren't really even part of this conversation.

Moral of the story....dont mass recruit  or you might end up with a piece of shit like BulletProof in your clan.

Also fuck pixels.have fun. Dont be scared to take risks or you might actually end up like him..

Pvp and challenges in these games are where the fun is in these games. Safety in numbers leads to nothing but boredom and laziness  you are not gonna get better if you dont try.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1