Sign in to follow this  
hiddenftw

Not even 1k ppl

49 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

Look when you are in a difficult position as my tribe was in that case you have to use any means necessary to extricate yourself from that position. The hardest part for me in that episode was actually going on their discord during the events and playing the sympathy card. It took quite a bit of acting skills on my part but I pulled it off.

This is what makes games like this in my opinion fantastic. There is PVP but there is also politics and the ability to act strategically. There are many options open to players as to how they can approach a problem and benefit from it.

Atlas... a game of the year. If you start losing then you run and merge with shitty megatribe. If you can't win a fight then you go raid offline. Hmm what a hardcore 2019 game...

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, gnihar said:

what a total bastard.

If that is what means to be "adaptable", then I spit on "adaptable" people.

Would not for the life of me do what you did. I do not know what did you expect by posting this - a medal?

Well it's clear you lack the commitment and ideological vision to extract the maximum benefits out of these games. To me the worst kind of recruit is someone burdened with ethics and morals. I can tolerate a player with bad skills, I can tolerate a new player but someone that preaches morality and all that ethical bs just doesn't belong in a proper PVP tribe.  A good recruit in my book is someone that is willing to follow orders and learn new philosophies and then embrace them.

To give you an example In one of the ARK mega tribes I was in I used to run a small raiding group. Basically it was 2 teams of 4 that would go onto a server and sort of rough it up a bit before the big assault by the rest of the tribe happened. We were well disciplined everyone had a role and they performed that role. Generally speaking our missions mostly revolved around going onto an enemy server and slaughtering anything we could. This would create a climate of of fear and weaken the main tribe that ran that server in the process by causing the smaller ones to stop playing. With this kind of work you had to be thorough. Everything in their base would go, all buildings of value and all tames would be deleted. Any resource we didn't need we just dropped it. The idea was to crush their spirits, the folks we attacked would literally have nothing left and most of the time they would leave the server or quit the game entirely.

We were very strict on recruiting. Most of our recruits to these special squads were not even from our tribe. I always found the random solo guerrilla players you occasionally came across in severs to be much more valuable combat material then some PVE farmer we had in our tribe. These kind of players were tough, well disciplined, self reliant used to making do with very little. Not the usual pampered princesses mega tribes seem to breed. You could give them some rusty old rifle and they would be more then happy.

Anyways on one particular raid I had accepted in on a trial basis on the recommendation of another tribe member one of our farmers. He didn't have much PVP experience but he said he was very keen for some. So we went off and did a raid. We knocked out all their defenses and then blew into their vaults. We also had several of their players caged. Then we set to work on their remaining tames/dinosaurs and deleting their foundations.

At this point our new recruit quite vocally stated that he thought it was a bit mean that we killing their tames and that we should leave them. Me and the others were gobsmacked, we couldn't believe his weak minded attitude. If their tames were left then it would have given them encouragement to rebuild and it would also allow them to rebuild faster. Eventually as a result they would be able to go on the offensive against us. Needles to say that was his last raid with us, the next day he was back at base picking weeds.

2 hours ago, BlackFlint said:

Atlas... a game of the year. If you start losing then you run and merge with shitty megatribe. If you can't win a fight then you go raid offline. Hmm what a hardcore 2019 game...

You do whatever is necessary to survive. After all it is a survival game is it not?

Edited by Bullet Force
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, gnihar said:

what a total bastard.

If that is what means to be "adaptable", then I spit on "adaptable" people.

Would not for the life of me do what you did. I do not know what did you expect by posting this - a medal?

Glad it is not just me who thinks that guy is a douche.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Look when you are in a difficult position as my tribe was in that case you have to use any means necessary to extricate yourself from that position.

Sounds like a thief telling the judge "But muh fam'ly was hungry".

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CazzT said:

Sounds like a thief telling the judge "But muh fam'ly was hungry".

You can criticize it all you want but at the end of the day we came out winners and that is what counts.

• Sad 1

Just now, Bullet Force said:

You can criticize it all you want but at the end of the day we came out winners and that is what counts.

This is why you can't find more than a few people to play with.  And if you trust them....  LOL

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CazzT said:

This is why you can't find more than a few people to play with.  And if you trust them....  LOL

Well I played 3 years of ARK and never got insided once. So I think you could call that a successful recruitment policy.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

Well I played 3 years of ARK and never got insided once. So I think you could call that a successful recruitment policy.

Tbh this is the only real way to get the lead. Whats ur guild? Do u play EU or NA?

Just now, Caine said:

Tbh this is the only real way to get the lead. Whats ur guild? Do u play EU or NA?

I used to be in Bloody Marie in ARK. Before that BLDX and before that HongXing.

1 minute ago, Bullet Force said:

I used to be in Bloody Marie in ARK. Before that BLDX and before that HongXing.

Y, but in ATLAS do u have a proper tribe in EU or NA?

1 minute ago, Bullet Force said:

I am in TPG in Atlas.

EU or NA? Sry, but I don´t know TPG. I´m playing at EU-PvP.

7 hours ago, Talono said:

I understand that and led megatribes since Meridian59 and Everquest. From my experience your waste your time with... hmm lets say „not very elite“ players in big tribes.

Much cooler is a small team of Pro-Gamers who know what they are doing or solo play (everybody hopefully knows, what he himself is is doing.. hehe). 

Unfortunately exactly that part will be killed by Grapeshot from turning a sandbox open PVP game into something, not with „offline protection“ but „megatribe protection“.

Its like telling the lions in africa „from the 20th of march on you are only allowed to hunt the zebras from 5pm to 2am. If you chase the zebras outside of that time window we unfortunately have to deactivate your teeth and claws. Sorry for your inconvenience.“

If you detect logic in my words you could be a lion, if not you are a megatribe slave zebra proud of 70 vs 1 invasion  zerg victorys.

Oh I am willing to bet you 1 € that test will not be up by March 20.

I am not a fan of megatribes myself though. It is easy to get lost in collective mentality there, and this is definitely not for me.

I would give 100 zerg members for 5 intelligent and loyal sidekicks any time of day.

EDIT: If in the end it turned out the devs have taken away our ability to retaliate to zerg, it will be time to pack the coffers and leave for good.

Edited by gnihar

7 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Look when you are in a difficult position as my tribe was in that case you have to use any means necessary to extricate yourself from that position. The hardest part for me in that episode was actually going on their discord during the events and playing the sympathy card. It took quite a bit of acting skills on my part but I pulled it off.

This is what makes games like this in my opinion fantastic. There is PVP but there is also politics and the ability to act strategically. There are many options open to players as to how they can approach a problem and benefit from it.

You betrayed not only your allies, but your members as well, those lower ranked who had friends in allied tribe. Was this worthy of your tribe's survival. Not IMO. This is a typical bottom feeder oportunistic behavior, which in the end resulted in you and your tribe losing themselves and their identity in chinese zerg. I can only imagine how fun it was for your guys to use google translate every time you wanted to communicate with your new masters.

EDIT: This type of "politics" is the exact reason why many have left Ark. Anyone who thinks promoting and glorifying values like betrayal in any context to be awesome and brilliant is a sociopath in (not so good a) disguise. Glad I do not play on NA, I find even being in a same place with these types is toxic to my karma.

Edited by gnihar
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Well it's clear you lack the commitment and ideological vision to extract the maximum benefits out of these games. To me the worst kind of recruit is someone burdened with ethics and morals. I can tolerate a player with bad skills, I can tolerate a new player but someone that preaches morality and all that ethical bs just doesn't belong in a proper PVP tribe.  A good recruit in my book is someone that is willing to follow orders and learn new philosophies and then embrace them.

To give you an example In one of the ARK mega tribes I was in I used to run a small raiding group. Basically it was 2 teams of 4 that would go onto a server and sort of rough it up a bit before the big assault by the rest of the tribe happened. We were well disciplined everyone had a role and they performed that role. Generally speaking our missions mostly revolved around going onto an enemy server and slaughtering anything we could. This would create a climate of of fear and weaken the main tribe that ran that server in the process by causing the smaller ones to stop playing. With this kind of work you had to be thorough. Everything in their base would go, all buildings of value and all tames would be deleted. Any resource we didn't need we just dropped it. The idea was to crush their spirits, the folks we attacked would literally have nothing left and most of the time they would leave the server or quit the game entirely.

We were very strict on recruiting. Most of our recruits to these special squads were not even from our tribe. I always found the random solo guerrilla players you occasionally came across in severs to be much more valuable combat material then some PVE farmer we had in our tribe. These kind of players were tough, well disciplined, self reliant used to making do with very little. Not the usual pampered princesses mega tribes seem to breed. You could give them some rusty old rifle and they would be more then happy.

Anyways on one particular raid I had accepted in on a trial basis on the recommendation of another tribe member one of our farmers. He didn't have much PVP experience but he said he was very keen for some. So we went off and did a raid. We knocked out all their defenses and then blew into their vaults. We also had several of their players caged. Then we set to work on their remaining tames/dinosaurs and deleting their foundations.

At this point our new recruit quite vocally stated that he thought it was a bit mean that we killing their tames and that we should leave them. Me and the others were gobsmacked, we couldn't believe his weak minded attitude. If their tames were left then it would have given them encouragement to rebuild and it would also allow them to rebuild faster. Eventually as a result they would be able to go on the offensive against us. Needles to say that was his last raid with us, the next day he was back at base picking weeds.

You do whatever is necessary to survive. After all it is a survival game is it not?

And this boys n girls, is why some pvp groups get insided, popcorned, bases demo'd and left to rot. 

I never understood why people betray their homies they play with every day... but this pretty much summed it up. lmfao. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That kinda depends on your definition of winning.

• Like 3

if there was such a thing as a scum'bag-o-metre, he'd be off the charts 🤣

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

If it were me, I would first regret posting what he did, and second stop digging lol

5 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

This! You should realise that you thinking that "Winning at all costs" outweighs decency to your fellow players, allies and tribemates is what has offended people 🙂

[Edit]

Anyone else just chilling with an NPC for company?

4aeKfirqno03.png

Edited by Pizik
Adding some on topic content
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Pizik said:

If it were me, I would first regret posting what he did, and second stop digging lol

This! You should realise that you thinking that "Winning at all costs" outweighs decency to your fellow players, allies and tribemates is what has offended people 🙂

[Edit]

4aeEJOJz4Hx0.png

I can only imagine the sauna feeling you experience there. Not only is the fire about to melt you, you have furs on top of that 😄

17 minutes ago, Pizik said:

[Edit]

4aeEJOJz4Hx0.png

lmao... i just read bullet force's previous statements about betraying his alliance for the chinese. I almost spit my soda out my nose. Seriously tho, holy shit. ive already spent so much time arguing his posts on other topics and have been taking him seriously like he represented a portion of the player base... not knowing he was just piece of trash lmao..

I'm about to fill my fighters guild stadium meta with npc's for the lulz... how much gold you think i need? any donations? lol 
Ec0BT12.jpg

1 minute ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

lmao... i just read bullet force's previous statements about betraying his alliance for the chinese. I almost spit my soda out my nose. Seriously tho, holy shit. ive already spent so much time arguing his posts on other topics and have been taking him seriously like he represented a portion of the player base... not knowing he was just piece of trash lmao..

What is of some concern here is the fact that these types are hidden among us as we speak. One needs to be very careful about their choices on who to recruit and where to be recruited as well.

Can only be grateful that they sometimes out themselves like this.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, gnihar said:

What is of some concern here is the fact that these types are hidden among us as we speak. One needs to be very careful about their choices on who to recruit and where to be recruited as well.

Can only be grateful that they sometimes out themselves like this.

This is why you keep heavy restrictions on storage until someone has proven themselves trustworthy.  People like Bullet don't have the patience to stick around and prove they're worth trusting (and rarely can prove it because people like that are inherently dishonest).

5 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

And this boys n girls, is why some pvp groups get insided, popcorned, bases demo'd and left to rot. 

I never understood why people betray their homies they play with every day... but this pretty much summed it up. lmfao. 

I'm not sure what you are referring to here champ but I didn't mention about betrayal in my post. It was proper allocation of human resources within a tribe.