Sign in to follow this  
hiddenftw

Not even 1k ppl

8 hours ago, Martyn said:

The problem tho, seems to be that the vast majority of people not only want instant action pvp, but they want to be a cruel and antisocial as they can be, they'll use any exploit, to gain an advantage and it is really, this group of people who are actually in the minority in opinion.  Because they know I guess that their way of playing isn't very nice.  So they don't express it except by moving onto a different game.   I think for people to enjoy a confrontational game, the must be rules of engagement, there must be a pitch/arena to fight in, the support needs to be protected to limit downtime.  The crux of the issue, is of, what is pvp,  is your opinion; that you want to own everything a player has or do you want to enjoy the action of fighting against them.  But you can't have both.  Or one side, will just leave.  As eventually one side will have massive downtime and you'll have noone to fight.  Which makes for some boring pvp.

There is nothing wrong with being evil in a game so long as you are not cheating and by that I mean obviously using aimbots, ddosing or going under the map. I call it using strategic initiative.

I will give you an example. A while ago in ARK my tribe was allied with two other tribes from the same country as mine. Opposing us was a large Chinese tribe. Now this Chinese tribe was pretty strong and we were at war with them and they were gradually winning. For me the writing was on the wall they were much better organised then we were and had more numbers. So I came up with a plan. Using a bit of google translate I managed to broker a secret deal with them in which they could attack our two allies without us interfering in exchange for some of the profits (mostly blueprints) and a long term alliance deal. 

Now we were pretty close with these two others. I would regularly go on their discord and chat to them and they would likewise come on ours. It was a full alliance and everyone trusted everyone. In my own tribe in the lower ranks there were people that were IRL friends with some of the people in the other tribes. So naturally things had to be done quietly, only myself and two others knew of the plan.

On the night of the big attack we basically sat back and watched the fireworks. I organised a mock raid on another server so the majority of my players would be busy over there while things were happening back at home. In a slight twist of fate one of our allies managed to evac some of their loot on theirs fliers and kindly came to our base to drop it off. They were leaving the server they said and were happy to give their best stuff to us to help fight the Chinese. The irony was not lost on me.

Now what we did wasn't exactly nice but who cares we profited from it and that is all that matters. We eventually ended up merging with the Chinese and forming a large tribe which then later on merged again into a mega tribe.

Edited by Bullet Force

I get all that, but eventually you'll end up in the position where noone can build enough power to stand against you.  What do you do then? Have internal fights? Or just go around slaughtering noobs? Because you won't be able to do pvp in the sense that you're on some kind of equal footing.

What annoys me about Ark pvp, isn't so much losing all my dinos, nor is it really the gloating and voice coms abuse that always follows, it's the fact that what I am really doing is farming stuff for someone else to enjoy.   So only one side is actually having fun here.. and it isn't me.   Why would anyone join a server or play a game for that? That is, I think, why everyone left.  It's why I left, why everyone in my tribe/company left.. maybe we'll come back post v23..

10 minutes ago, Martyn said:

I get all that, but eventually you'll end up in the position where noone can build enough power to stand against you.  What do you do then? Have internal fights? Or just go around slaughtering noobs? Because you won't be able to do pvp in the sense that you're on some kind of equal footing.

What annoys me about Ark pvp, isn't so much losing all my dinos, nor is it really the gloating and voice coms abuse that always follows, it's the fact that what I am really doing is farming stuff for someone else to enjoy.   So only one side is actually having fun here.. and it isn't me.   Why would anyone join a server or play a game for that? That is, I think, why everyone left.  It's why I left, why everyone in my tribe/company left.. maybe we'll come back post v23..

Well you have to play smart in ARK. I spent a year in a small 5 man guerrilla tribe that was very successful. We lived pretty frugally, we didn't have a big base nor did we have hardly any dinos. Just a few Stegos and a flier. We had a lot of tiny bases spread out around the map. Occasionally we would lose a base but it wasn't a big deal because we always had the other ones. Now sure we could have built a large luxurious base but we had no means to defend it so to us it made no sense.

A lot of players in ARK make the mistake of building too big and too obvious. For a small tribe a hidden base even without turrets is far better then a big obvious base even if well defended.

Edited by Bullet Force

19 hours ago, Willard said:

What a surprise with an announced wipe 😄 Lol

Someone is waiting for PTR (to test how claiming will work etc.), everyone else for WIPE. Anarchy patch was fine but for like a week.

It´s not about fault. It´s about wipe happening. They knew wipe would come and they announced it to players asap. Do u want them to be silent about the need of wipe and tell you 3 days before wipe? I think u would bitch like hell.

i wouldnt cus ive been expecting the wipe since day 1 i started i playing this game at launch… every1 in our company knew it was coming with all the dupin and cheats going.. thats why it baffles me its a surprise to so many ppl

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

This game was advertised as an open world PVP game and now several months in the developers have come along and said nope you are not allowed to PVP anymore on PVP servers you must buy tokens and let the enemy know your coming. 

Is it really surprising that players have deserted this game? NOPE

This is what happens when you let a small vocal minority of players on this forum dictate how the majority of players should play their game. You will find that most of these people wanting these new changes that remove PVP from PVP servers are not even proper PVP players. Several of them have stated in their own words they don't like fighting and doing PVP even though they choose to play on PVP servers.

I'm human but that kind of logic is very much alien to me.

I still see a lot of pvp happening after that change. Actually a lot more pvp since no offline raiding will happen less often. With Offline raiding not being pvp, there actually wasn’t any pvp going on to begin with

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullet Force said:

There is nothing wrong with being evil in a game so long as you are not cheating and by that I mean obviously using aimbots, ddosing or going under the map. I call it using strategic initiative.

I will give you an example. A while ago in ARK my tribe was allied with two other tribes from the same country as mine. Opposing us was a large Chinese tribe. Now this Chinese tribe was pretty strong and we were at war with them and they were gradually winning. For me the writing was on the wall they were much better organised then we were and had more numbers. So I came up with a plan. Using a bit of google translate I managed to broke a secret deal with them in which they could attack our two allies without us interfering in exchange for some of the profits (mostly blueprints) and a long term alliance deal. 

Now we were pretty close with these two others. I would regularly go on their discord and chat to them and they would likewise come on ours. It was a full alliance and everyone trusted everyone. In my own tribe in the lower ranks there were people that were IRL friends with some of the people in the other tribes. So naturally things had to be done quietly, only myself and two others knew of the plan.

On the night of the big attack we basically sat back and watched the fireworks. I organised a mock raid on another server so the majority of my players would be busy over there while things were happening back at home. In a slight twist of fate one of our allies managed to evac some of their loot on theirs fliers and kindly came to our base to drop it off. They were leaving the server they said and were happy to give their best stuff to us to help fight the Chinese. The irony was not lost on me.

Now what we did wasn't exactly nice but who cares we profited from it and that is all that matters. We eventually ended up merging with the Chinese and forming a large tribe which then later on merged again into a mega tribe.

To be honest I would rather get attacked by aimbotters and duper’s while I am online then by some cowards while I am offline.

offline raiders are far worse than any cheater.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, hiddenftw said:

stop being that delusional

followed by...

17 hours ago, hiddenftw said:

say thanks if this game gets back to 10k togheter with unofficial

There some delusions here, but it's not from MisterMyztik.

1 hour ago, Bullet Force said:

Well you have to play smart in ARK. I spent a year in a small 5 man guerrilla tribe that was very successful. We lived pretty frugally, we didn't have a big base nor did we have hardly any dinos. Just a few Stegos and a flier. We had a lot of tiny bases spread out around the map. Occasionally we would lose a base but it wasn't a big deal because we always had the other ones. Now sure we could have built a large luxurious base but we had no means to defend it so to us it made no sense.

A lot of players in ARK make the mistake of building too big and too obvious. For a small tribe a hidden base even without turrets is far better then a big obvious base even if well defended.

Glad you enjoyed that style of play.  Most people don't.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MisterMyztik said:

As to my personal opinion on how many will come back post wipe, I think we'll see most of the 50k concurrent we had at launch.. 

Then we'll drop off to ~30 and work our way up from there.

Plenty of potential, but as dollie said, its a long pipeline so... 

We will never see 50k again, I am willing to bet you on this.

Perhaps it will be 20k at start. There is no incentive to stay in-game in ATLAS like it was in Ark.

1 hour ago, gnihar said:

We will never see 50k again, I am willing to bet you on this.

Perhaps it will be 20k at start. There is no incentive to stay in-game in ATLAS like it was in Ark.

20k is very optimistic, but I guess it might be possible. Seriously doubt 20k though.

6 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

You only prove how broken ARK is.  You can bypass somebody's turrets with some Flak, beer and a shield.  Then C4.  Easy Peasy.  If it is a bigger base, just use Stegos to soak turrets  Pull back when the health is low, and allow them to heal.  Even easier now with Snow Owls.

The other thing that was broken is nakeds running around in a battle.  If in a post apocalyptic battle between two groups of survivors, you are offered some armor to wear...would you turn it down?  Would you really just run around in the middle of all the mayhem, naked, with no armor or shield, if you had a choice?  If you say yes, then the world would be spared you passing on your genes.  Survival of the fittest.

ARK is and was about offline raiding, and that was made even easier with the limitations on how many turrets you could have, and the fact that you are limited on how many bullets they can hold.

55 minutes ago, Realist said:

20k is very optimistic, but I guess it might be possible. Seriously doubt 20k though.

I think this change will bring people back.  But it may not be the only change needed to bring people back.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

I will give you an example. A while ago in ARK my tribe was allied with two other tribes from the same country as mine. Opposing us was a large Chinese tribe. Now this Chinese tribe was pretty strong and we were at war with them and they were gradually winning. For me the writing was on the wall they were much better organised then we were and had more numbers. So I came up with a plan. Using a bit of google translate I managed to broke a secret deal with them in which they could attack our two allies without us interfering in exchange for some of the profits (mostly blueprints) and a long term alliance deal. 

There you have it folks.  Not only is he NOT hardcore, he is also not to be trusted.  His word means nothing.

Thanks for outing yourself.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

In PVP that is wrong but today exceptable. However you bring that crap with you to PVE and you screw up everything for everyone else that has morals and values, and doesn't want anything to do with that crap, just play a social game. Any more people have to get a private server and still go through tons of shit to keep your kind out of our private servers just to play a decent far game with other decent people. I wouldn't see you and different in game or real life and most decent people will look at you the same. Keep it in PVP were it belongs

• Like 1

How do you "doom and gloomers" have the energy to keep coming back to these forums to post your unfounded and unreasoned tripe? 

Why don't you do what everyone else does when they think a game is dead?  i.e. Go play something else.  I hear Apex is good.

• Like 4

I expect all the doom and gloom posters to make at least as many threads admitting they were wrong and apologizing to the devs for being so negative when the numbers prove them wrong and the game stays at a healthy 40+k.  But well know they won't do that.  That would require admitting they were wrong and their feefees can't handle that.

13 minutes ago, CazzT said:

I expect all the doom and gloom posters to make at least as many threads admitting they were wrong and apologizing to the devs for being so negative when the numbers prove them wrong and the game stays at a healthy 40+k.  But well know they won't do that.  That would require admitting they were wrong and their feefees can't handle that.

Cool dude, you called 40 I am calling 20. Let’s see what happens 

2 hours ago, CazzT said:

They truly looks like paid social media trolls to me. Akin to the facebook/twitter political accounts in 2016. 

• Like 1

Well i met flying chinese (without dragon)😂👍🏻 I also met chinese headshoting me through stone walls from 28 miles distance... or while standing in the air.

All of this is ok.

Not ok is wiping the work of tenthousands of players for no reason. After bering killed by chinese hacker i can respawn, go somewhere else and play the game.

After Grapeshot destroyed my invested lifetime i am not sure about my future motivation with Atlas, especially with that retarded partial time PVP concept.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

I will give you an example. A while ago in ARK my tribe was allied with two other tribes from the same country as mine. Opposing us was a large Chinese tribe. Now this Chinese tribe was pretty strong and we were at war with them and they were gradually winning. For me the writing was on the wall they were much better organised then we were and had more numbers. So I came up with a plan. Using a bit of google translate I managed to broker a secret deal with them in which they could attack our two allies without us interfering in exchange for some of the profits (mostly blueprints) and a long term alliance deal. 

what a total bastard.

If that is what means to be "adaptable", then I spit on "adaptable" people.

Would not for the life of me do what you did. I do not know what did you expect by posting this - a medal?

Edited by gnihar
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Talono said:

Well i met flying chinese (without dragon)😂👍🏻 I also met chinese headshoting me through stone walls from 28 miles distance... or while standing in the air.

All of this is ok.

Not ok is wiping the work of tenthousands of players for no reason. After bering killed by chinese hacker i can respawn, go somewhere else and play the game.

After Grapeshot destroyed my invested lifetime i am not sure about my future motivation with Atlas, especially with that retarded partial time PVP concept.

You can still rebuild. Of course, it is understandable if you won't have any will do do it. Many do not.

I built a huge base practically solo on EUPVP, fought for the turf first, established myself, made a base and allied myself to all the cool people on the grid.

This time through, I will not be doing it solo. Turns out that this break I took acted positively on my will to rebuild. Depending on the test server results, I will be deciding if I return to the stable build or not. Advise you to do the same: test the new lawless, new claim, and  then decide.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Talono said:

All of this is ok.

You are not a type for early access games it seems. Just don't play if you are not ok with wipes. Because they will come again if needed.

• Like 3

Again with the idea, hardcore = offline raid

Men you never played with real Hardcore players.

None played DarkFall here? One of the best PvP sandbox game (with tons of bugs and problem ofc) but still siege on settlements were announced to achieve real mass pvp

5 hours ago, gnihar said:

You can still rebuild. Of course, it is understandable if you won't have any will do do it. Many do not.

I built a huge base practically solo on EUPVP, fought for the turf first, established myself, made a base and allied myself to all the cool people on the grid.

This time through, I will not be doing it solo. Turns out that this break I took acted positively on my will to rebuild. Depending on the test server results, I will be deciding if I return to the stable build or not. Advise you to do the same: test the new lawless, new claim, and  then decide.

I understand that and led megatribes since Meridian59 and Everquest. From my experience your waste your time with... hmm lets say „not very elite“ players in big tribes.

Much cooler is a small team of Pro-Gamers who know what they are doing or solo play (everybody hopefully knows, what he himself is is doing.. hehe). 

Unfortunately exactly that part will be killed by Grapeshot from turning a sandbox open PVP game into something, not with „offline protection“ but „megatribe protection“.

Its like telling the lions in africa „from the 20th of march on you are only allowed to hunt the zebras from 5pm to 2am. If you chase the zebras outside of that time window we unfortunately have to deactivate your teeth and claws. Sorry for your inconvenience.“

If you detect logic in my words you could be a lion, if not you are a megatribe slave zebra proud of 70 vs 1 invasion  zerg victorys.

Edited by Talono
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Talono said:

I understand that and led megatribes since Meridian59 and Everquest. From my experience your waste your time with... hmm lets say „not very elite“ players in big tribes.

Much cooler is a small team of Pro-Gamers who know what they are doing or solo play (everybody hopefully knows, what he himself is is doing.. hehe). 

Unfortunately exactly that part will be killed by Grapeshot from turning a sandbox open PVP game into something, not with „offline protection“ but „megatribe protection“.

Its like telling the lions in africa „from the 20th of march on you are only allowed to hunt the zebras from 5pm to 2am. If you chase the zebras outside that time we unfortunately have to deactivate your teeth and claws“.

If you detect logic in my words you could be a lion, if not you are a megatribe slave zebra proud of 70 vs 1 invasion victorys.

Problem with current system is that even lions have to sleep. And those lions are now daggered in the back everytime they go sleep by those zebras 😉 

Btw with small tribes against megas. You can't do shit to them u know that well. Yes, you can offline sink their ships, offline raid some of those minibases but they don't care. They have so many resources that they can build those ships in like 2 hours.

What you can do when you are skilled as a small company is good naval battles and good defence. Naval battles are not chabged at all, defending base is much better for small company with these raid windows.

Edited by Willard

11 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

There you have it folks.  Not only is he NOT hardcore, he is also not to be trusted.  His word means nothing.

Thanks for outing yourself.

Look when you are in a difficult position as my tribe was in that case you have to use any means necessary to extricate yourself from that position. The hardest part for me in that episode was actually going on their discord during the events and playing the sympathy card. It took quite a bit of acting skills on my part but I pulled it off.

This is what makes games like this in my opinion fantastic. There is PVP but there is also politics and the ability to act strategically. There are many options open to players as to how they can approach a problem and benefit from it.

Edited by Bullet Force

2 hours ago, Alias said:

Again with the idea, hardcore = offline raid

Hardcore structure grinders at best.

A game mechanic that rewards the player who play the most is a bad game mechanic, as simple as that. 

• Like 2