Sign in to follow this  
gumbyc

Great time period for the DEV's

It seems like every patch, new problems appear. Other than finding yourself in the ocean after you log back in from a ship, we know have rubber banding when you never had it before. The tame can follow you, and you can do anything else, but not on the animal. It started out slow but then gradually got worse. 

I feel like all efforts are now about the PTR, new features, islands and wipe, and not fixing any other problems. When you report it, nothing happens. (what's the sense, it will all gone in a week).

In addition, log 22 said we could build anywhere but get the message "Requires placement within a territory claim of yours" . You love this game and try to put up with all the little bugs, but there is a point when you just want to give up. The DEV's appear they are willing to put out bigger and better stuff, but not fixing the old bugs.

I do acknowledge the DEV's have corrected many of the things players have complained about. Remember no trees, heat killed babies, stone structures, gold weight, cyclones, and many more. I hope they continue to listen to the players and not just go "Full Steam Ahead" . Signed your loyal but frustrated player.

Bugs like these will be here for few months, accept it. It´s early access. They do a lot of fixes, don´t act like they are inactive 🙂

47 minutes ago, gumbyc said:

It seems like every patch, new problems appear. Other than finding yourself in the ocean after you log back in from a ship, we know have rubber banding when you never had it before. The tame can follow you, and you can do anything else, but not on the animal. It started out slow but then gradually got worse. 

I feel like all efforts are now about the PTR, new features, islands and wipe, and not fixing any other problems. When you report it, nothing happens. (what's the sense, it will all gone in a week).

In addition, log 22 said we could build anywhere but get the message "Requires placement within a territory claim of yours" . You love this game and try to put up with all the little bugs, but there is a point when you just want to give up. The DEV's appear they are willing to put out bigger and better stuff, but not fixing the old bugs.

I do acknowledge the DEV's have corrected many of the things players have complained about. Remember no trees, heat killed babies, stone structures, gold weight, cyclones, and many more. I hope they continue to listen to the players and not just go "Full Steam Ahead" . Signed your loyal but frustrated player.

One thing they are famous for is bringing more bugs with updates. That is just what they do. Happened for over 3 years with ark. I can’t remember one patch or even dlc for that matter that didn’t have bugs.

once you accept that it will happen even after ea then it won’t be as much of a bother to you. It’s just going to always be a buggy game for years, you just gotta learn to deal with the bugs because they are going to stop coming

Edited by Realist

4 hours ago, Realist said:

That is just what they do. Happened for over 3 years with ark.

I know I have over 6600 hours on ARK. Then they make stupid decisions like doing away with classic flyers, along with others. But this isn't an ARK forum.

4 hours ago, Willard said:

Bugs like these will be here for few months, accept it. It´s early access. They do a lot of fixes, don´t act like they are inactive 🙂

I wish that was true, however last time I played ARK (which wasn't that long ago) it still had bugs. Identical to some of the ones on ATLAS because it's the same game play.

6 hours ago, Willard said:

Its Pre alpha... and should not be categorized as much more. EA has been an excuse for devs to get free testers and cash flow that is all. Even steam puts words in you should have your own cash and a workable client. Yet on day 1 we did not have a working client, it took over a week or two to stable.

9 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

Its Pre alpha... and should not be categorized as much more. EA has been an excuse for devs to get free testers and cash flow that is all. Even steam puts words in you should have your own cash and a workable client. Yet on day 1 we did not have a working client, it took over a week or two to stable.

Are u really compaining about day 1 man? Like really, cmon. You buyed a game for 1/3 of its planned release cost and you knew what to expect from the beginning. Don´t deny it.

I really wonder if people even read when buying smt on Steam.  

Even if we call it pre-alpha, how many games in pre-alpha works like Atlas? Can you call some? 

To be honest I´ve never met any gamebreaking bugs in Atlas in about 400 hours of gameplay other than known issues from ARK (animals throught foundations, glitched to each other etc.). Once again, how many games in pre-alpha are in this state? 

11 hours ago, gumbyc said:

I know I have over 6600 hours on ARK. Then they make stupid decisions like doing away with classic flyers, along with others. But this isn't an ARK forum.

I wish that was true, however last time I played ARK (which wasn't that long ago) it still had bugs. Identical to some of the ones on ATLAS because it's the same game play.

Nice, so you got 6600 hours in ARK for like 100 dollars with all expansions? It´s a lot of entertainment for that cost 😉 Compare it to your other steam games, you will be surprised. 

Edited by Willard

16 hours ago, gumbyc said:

In addition, log 22 said we could build anywhere but get the message "Requires placement within a territory claim of yours" .

pvp servers only

10 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

Yet on day 1 we did not have a working client, it took over a week or two to stable.

wrong me along with thousand of players managed to play and get out of freeport get facts right before spouting falsehoods , yes it was laggy but it was working ....

14 minutes ago, UDO said:

pvp servers only

wrong me along with thousand of players managed to play and get out of freeport get facts right before spouting falsehoods , yes it was laggy but it was working ....

this is incorrect,  I started on day one and my account was deleted twice as i sailed out of the free port,

Just because you dint have a problem doesn't make it a falsehood...   

Yes a lot of entertainment for the buck. It's unfortunate that some of the bugs that are still not fixed in Ark are in Atlas. That's the point so when it's said

16 hours ago, Willard said:

Bugs like these will be here for few months, accept it. It´s early access. They do a lot of fixes, don´t act like they are inactive

I don't agree with that but can understand why someone would think that. Atlas seems like a pirate remake of Ark. After playing ARK for so long you see the new stuff come come out and wonder why many of the bugs are left behind. I hope they start paying attention to all the little bugs that afflict Atlas. Many of the game play bugs that are contributed to the game play like the dying babies and temperature swings are taken care of where those similar to ark, are not. The other thing worth re-mentioning is the fact that it was said with the Anarchy update we could build anywhere, well maybe it's just me but I can't. I would not call that an EA problem.  So..ooo I guess I'll just wait till it get 6600 hrs on Atlas and re post 🙂

As far as the game play that first week, it was Terrible. It wasn't just a little hick-up,  it was unplayable, in addition to the disconnects.

The thing about building anywhere states

Anarchy Update

With our planned changes for March, the game will be heading into a more rule based system, so for the next few weeks we’ll be making some changes to experience what it would be like if we took an alternative route.

We’ll be releasing an update tomorrow which includes the following changes:

• 6x Rates - Harvesting, Taming, Experience, and Gold.
  • Claim flags will no longer prevent enemy building. You can now build anywhere, and only structure build radius will prevent it. This is a non-default, which will be enabled on our PvP Networks. Unofficials can also use this as a custom server-side config.
  • All servers, other than Golden Age Ruin servers, can be set to home servers, allowing players to respawn at them.

Game.ini: [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] bDontRequireClaimFlagsForBuilding=1 bIsLawlessHomeServer=1

I suppose you can say it's just for PVP, but if so Why should that be the case. I read it the other way. I guess you could place the script rewrite in both.
Edited by gumbyc
Had to add first week response

3 hours ago, gumbyc said:

Yes a lot of entertainment for the buck. It's unfortunate that some of the bugs that are still not fixed in Ark are in Atlas. That's the point so when it's said

I don't agree with that but can understand why someone would think that. Atlas seems like a pirate remake of Ark. After playing ARK for so long you see the new stuff come come out and wonder why many of the bugs are left behind. I hope they start paying attention to all the little bugs that afflict Atlas. Many of the game play bugs that are contributed to the game play like the dying babies and temperature swings are taken care of where those similar to ark, are not. The other thing worth re-mentioning is the fact that it was said with the Anarchy update we could build anywhere, well maybe it's just me but I can't. I would not call that an EA problem.  So..ooo I guess I'll just wait till it get 6600 hrs on Atlas and re post 🙂

As far as the game play that first week, it was Terrible. It wasn't just a little hick-up,  it was unplayable, in addition to the disconnects.

The thing about building anywhere states

Anarchy Update

With our planned changes for March, the game will be heading into a more rule based system, so for the next few weeks we’ll be making some changes to experience what it would be like if we took an alternative route.

We’ll be releasing an update tomorrow which includes the following changes:

• 6x Rates - Harvesting, Taming, Experience, and Gold.
  • Claim flags will no longer prevent enemy building. You can now build anywhere, and only structure build radius will prevent it. This is a non-default, which will be enabled on our PvP Networks. Unofficials can also use this as a custom server-side config.
  • All servers, other than Golden Age Ruin servers, can be set to home servers, allowing players to respawn at them.

Game.ini: [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] bDontRequireClaimFlagsForBuilding=1 bIsLawlessHomeServer=1

I suppose you can say it's just for PVP, but if so Why should that be the case. I read it the other way. I guess you could place the script rewrite in both.

They are working on bugs but there are some priorities man. They can solve those little bugs after they solve the big ones, after they solve server performances, errors etc. They don´t have a team of 50 people working who could solve all problems at once. 

The rest about Anarchy update? What the heck are u trying to say? 

Edited by Willard

It's gonna be bumpy, and a hella long way to go, but sometimes you just gotta enjoy the ride son." That's what i wish my absent father would have said to me. lulz.

I've banged my desk in rage at each and every postponement and a few of the "changes" this game has already gone through... i've cried out in despair many times, even on these forums. But you must admit, our passion comes from love. Love of the game. Love of the grind. Love of the thrill. Love of the fight.

Its ok. Let it out. Feeel the rage. Son.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

7 hours ago, Willard said:

The rest about Anarchy update? What the heck are u trying to say? 

It's hard I know, to follow a discussion on a thread,  however the point was in the Anarchy update it said that you could build anywhere and on PVE you can't.

46 minutes ago, gumbyc said:

It's hard I know, to follow a discussion on a thread,  however the point was in the Anarchy update it said that you could build anywhere and on PVE you can't.

Ye they wrote that it´s on PvP servers. They wrote nothing about PvE. 

4 minutes ago, Willard said:

Ye they wrote that it´s on PvP servers. They wrote nothing about PvE. 

They didn't specify it didn't. And why would they not include PVE?  Also in the script you could add to the ini program, it dose not exclude PVE. I know I'm reading between the lines on that one but I think it's a valid agreement.

19 hours ago, war machine said:

this is incorrect,  I started on day one and my account was deleted twice as i sailed out of the free port,

Just because you dint have a problem doesn't make it a falsehood...   

he said we didnt have a working client yet we did , so no he is wrong , 

20 hours ago, UDO said:

pvp servers only

Falsehood? the company bugs where there. It took 1 week almost to get together with your company. It was a pile of shit the game and you know it.

20 hours ago, Willard said:

Are u really compaining about day 1 man? Like really, cmon. You buyed a game for 1/3 of its planned release cost and you knew what to expect from the beginning. Don´t deny it.

I really wonder if people even read when buying smt on Steam.  

Even if we call it pre-alpha, how many games in pre-alpha works like Atlas? Can you call some? 

To be honest I´ve never met any gamebreaking bugs in Atlas in about 400 hours of gameplay other than known issues from ARK (animals throught foundations, glitched to each other etc.). Once again, how many games in pre-alpha are in this state? 

Nice, so you got 6600 hours in ARK for like 100 dollars with all expansions? It´s a lot of entertainment for that cost 😉 Compare it to your other steam games, you will be surprised. 

Not to many games are what this game is, I back many pre alpha games with cash. I also know what its like to be in a signed NDA. That goes maybe back before you maybe born too. Anyways pre alpha this game should not have been released until now. Its running much better, actually 150% better then before when we first got it. And if you dont believe me? ask the hundreds of players that stopped playing the first month, what this game was and about. Nothing wrong with EA games on steam, just now we need to be super critical as consumers what we buy. The price is today worth it, yesterday was a different story. Steam even extended the refund policy because so many could not get into the game. I do give the devs credit for getting it together asap, but we should not have had to endure that kinda mess, vrs the sales on week 1. It should have been put on close Pre Alpha NDA until most of these massive bugs where fixed and exploits.

On 3/16/2019 at 1:05 PM, Realist said:

One thing they are famous for is bringing more bugs with updates. That is just what they do. Happened for over 3 years with ark. 

Thats just what they do. It happened in a different game with a different concept made by a different company that had a similar/same engine. 100% indicative of this game with this company.

I prefer to think its more like PUBG. It is a game that is also a different concept made by a different company also using UR4. It was in EA for around a year and sucked for a while, plagued by cheaters (mostly chineese as it is what it is), and often crashed and lagged. But it slowly got better and better. Despite some missed dates with some things it released and works and plays awesomely.

See what I did there. 

40 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Thats just what they do. It happened in a different game with a different concept made by a different company that had a similar/same engine. 100% indicative of this game with this company.

I prefer to think its more like PUBG. It is a game that is also a different concept made by a different company also using UR4. It was in EA for around a year and sucked for a while, plagued by cheaters (mostly chineese as it is what it is), and often crashed and lagged. But it slowly got better and better. Despite some missed dates with some things it released and works and plays awesomely.

See what I did there. 

Yeah but this is ark. So it’s basically the same game and the same company with the same mistakes. No need to think of a different game when you have the same game to compare it to 👍

they run like clockwork with both games

12 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah but this is ark. So it’s basically the same game and the same company with the same mistakes. No need to think of a different game when you have the same game to compare it to 👍

Still thinking about buying the game when it comes out on console? I hope not, you’re already flipping when you don’t even have it, I don’t even wanna know what would happen if you actually play it 🤔

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Fake news. I looked it up, this game is called "Atlas" a pirate game developed by Grapeshot.

"Ark" is a dinosaur game made by Wildcard.

Literally, the opposite of what you said.

Perhaps some people who worked for Wildcard are now employed by Grapeshot? I cant confirm that. But you know thats kinda how an industry works. People who are in the same industry have similar skillsets an employer looks for. If I own a McDonalds, and I hire/steal some employess from Burger King, I am not now a Burger King owner.

But I think you already realize this and are just trying to insult GS in a lazy way by comparing them to a company that made a way shittier game. 

-CS

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Fake news. I looked it up, this game is called "Atlas" a pirate game developed by Grapeshot.

"Ark" is a dinosaur game made by Wildcard.

Literally, the opposite of what you said.

Perhaps some people who worked for Wildcard are now employed by Grapeshot? I cant confirm that. But you know thats kinda how an industry works. People who are in the same industry have similar skillsets an employer looks for. If I own a McDonalds, and I hire/steal some employess from Burger King, I am not now a Burger King owner.

But I think you already realize this and are just trying to insult GS in a lazy way by comparing them to a company that made a way shittier game. 

-CS

dont use logic, you might hurt his feelings.

although, i wouldn't call ark "shitty" even in the least sense. I and thousands of others dumped thousands of hours each and I bought it on all my platforms. Far from shitty.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

Does ARK have a large open world like this with hundreds of zones capable of supporting over 100 players each?  I keep seeing the comparisons, but if ARK is not a huge game world like this then the comparisons are pretty weak.  The backend coding and network/server configurations are so much more complex if that is not the case.  Its ridiculous to compare the two. 

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Still thinking about buying the game when it comes out on console? I hope not, you’re already flipping when you don’t even have it, I don’t even wanna know what would happen if you actually play it 🤔

Yep. Still planning on buying it. And you are definitely right, I haven’t spent money yet, just wait till I do. I will be a lot less lenient than I have been. I take my money seriously and I expect a business to act professionally.

30 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Does ARK have a large open world like this with hundreds of zones capable of supporting over 100 players each?  I keep seeing the comparisons, but if ARK is not a huge game world like this then the comparisons are pretty weak.  The backend coding and network/server configurations are so much more complex if that is not the case.  Its ridiculous to compare the two. 

Yeah it’s called cross ark. Ark is all one big map as well. You just have to go to an ob or drop to transfer. There really isn’t that big of a difference.

oh you say the islands look different. Not really, most are the same. Except in ark you can transfer to the island, center, scorched earth, ragnarok and extinction, which are actually different maps. To be honest as far as transfers go and changes of scenery ark has atlas beat, you guys just transfer slightly faster.

just because they stitched together some servers doesn’t make it different or better by any means. It was a good gimmick but that is all it was, a gimmick.

and as far as supporting over 100 players? Yeah rag went to 100 but I have seen both ark and atlas struggle with that 100 so that is just another similarity.

Edited by Realist