chavkilla

Unofficial Wipe to include new underwater areas

Hiya,

I run a small 3x3 grid server which up until the wipe announcement was going quite well.

I have a question regarding the wipe which i  have been unable to see confirmed anywere, As an unofficial host who wants to include the new underwater offerings to my players will i need to wipe my server to include this or is it something which will attach on with a patch ?

Please do confirm.

Thanks in advance.

My guess is it will be a zone that you can add in the server grid editor, like an island but it will be submerged. So, if you are careful and lock all your existing islands to make sure you don't move them accidentally (that would be bad), and find a spot big enough to hold the new underwater zone, then I expect you will be able to add it to an existing grid.

Make sure your island editor has everything locked (L) in each grid before you add anything.   Only issue with additions is do they physically fit and match biomes, but it is very important to not disturb anything else.    

I suspect they will just be islands with a negative sea level set by the devkit.  They are intended to go in powerstone grids since that is what they are for.    I suspect you would need to put them into a similar sea floor slope as I would imagine they are near the bottom.   Since islands do not have Z adjustment in the editor, you would not be able to make them accessible in shallows.

The biggest issue is how long it will take them to release the editor that contains them in the library.

Edited by krazmuze