Bullet Force

New PVP Changes Will Be The End Of Atlas

2 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

Well..all that happened was the population got offlined right outa the game we were left with a few soldiers that knew how to counter it.

And the giant zergs that were afraid to fight each other.

Not exactly the recipe for a successful game.

Right, pretty sad for the population decreasing.

Regarding mega tribes afraid to fight each other, it's false, i don't know in which server you were playing on but i can tell you that, for EU serv, mega were fighting each other. Big alliances were getting weaker day after day. The announcement of the wipe just stopped all the fun....

Weaker from lack of people logging in?

All I know from the people I've talked to in the megas on NA is they had standing orders not  attack anyone from the other top alliance because of fears of retribution.

This while they were out searching for and blowing up smaller companies shit. You know...pro pvp.

Anyways. I hope it works out. I do doubt all the megas will go to that server , I think it's going to be Uber dead right away, I always hope I'm wrong but I rarely am. 

The lure of that easy zerg win mentality will be too strong.

I'm  not a big fan of the new system I just think a change was needed to get some population back. If they can actually lure the ARK zergs to a different server , that would probably actually be the one biggest thing that might actually give this game a chance to get a decent EA population. Maybe they will be able to test some mmo systems without you all destroying the population in a month.

Edited by Back Stabbath
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Its the other way around. Hardcore players will play Empires where they will engage in brutal ARK style wars and be able to make strategic decisions to give themselves the advantage, while quasi PVE types will enjoy the safe Colonies server while still enjoying the excitement of theoretical PVP.

This, the big clans had 40 actives at best before the announcement. Empires idea must be based on original launch numbers and rosters, which 2/3 of the playerbase quit, even in the large clan rosters.

And with no diminishing returns on land claim timers, ORP small tribe is sound better. I'll cut 10 people from my roster and go play small clans.

Empire will be dead after 1 month I'm pretty sure as easy as it will be to take claims. I want hardcore rules but not at the expense of no pop or fighting mega alliances.

Edited by Bandit_Black

5 hours ago, Sysca said:

Two separate servers, everyone is happy now. You guys complaining about griefing, offraiding, Pv0 etc.. can paly on Atlas: colonies. Hardcore players will go for Atlas:Empires. Everyone is Happy!

I really doubt our resident Chicken Littles and Crybabies will be happy with anything WC/GS does.  Even the ones who still haven't bought the game.

2 hours ago, Back Stabbath said:

All I know from the people I've talked to in the megas on NA is they had standing orders not  attack anyone from the other top alliance because of fears of retribution.

This. 

Now all the megas can go carebear it up on thier own "hardcore" server. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 1:44 AM, Chucksteak said:

This. 

Now all the megas can go carebear it up on thier own "hardcore" server. 

Yep and you can hide between your raid window in your safe space on the PVP Lite server.

On 3/20/2019 at 1:06 AM, CazzT said:

I really doubt our resident Chicken Littles and Crybabies will be happy with anything WC/GS does.  Even the ones who still haven't bought the game.

You watch give it a week and all those ones that said PVP was too hardcore and so went and played on Colonies will be back on the forum saying Colonies is too hardcore and demanding there be even less PVP. The problem they will have though is they can't blame Offline Raiding anymore as that excuse isn't applicable.

12 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

You watch give it a week and all those ones that said PVP was too hardcore and so went and played on Colonies will be back on the forum saying Colonies is too hardcore and demanding there be even less PVP. The problem they will have though is they can't blame Offline Raiding anymore as that excuse isn't applicable.

Your so delusional. Roughly 10% of the population agrees with you. Your PvO lifestyle is done. Offlining and lack of build places is what drove people away. This is not and was not an "excuse" it's what IS, you can see it in the polls, the one on reddit is 543 people only 12% want your awesome "hardcore PvO" mode. No one is going to do as you suggest. You are a proven liar, a proven coward, and a proven backstabber.

Go back to Ark. You belong there. I mean your quitting and so are your thousands of supporters and your company right?

18 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Yep and you can hide between your raid window in your safe space on the PVP Lite server.

Well, I'll be "hiding" at work and taking the kids to practice and sleeping etc. But it will be great knowing you, with what I assume is a nearly unlimited availability, wont be "hardcore PvP'n" my workshop and boat while I'm hiding. 

Regaurdless, I wish you and, (was it TPG?) do great in the Empire server. I think its fantastic you get your own settings to facilitate your interest and availability.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Well, I'll be "hiding" at work and taking the kids to practice and sleeping etc. But it will be great knowing you, with what I assume is a nearly unlimited availability, wont be "hardcore PvP'n" my workshop and boat while I'm hiding. 

Regaurdless, I wish you and, (was it TPG?) do great in the Empire server. I think its fantastic you get your own settings to facilitate your interest and availability.

Except his company TPG has already declared for colonies. So I guess he doesn't get his own setting? So I guess we will be seeing him in colonies. 

18 minutes ago, SIEGEGUN said:

Except his company TPG has already declared for colonies. So I guess he doesn't get his own setting? So I guess we will be seeing him in colonies. 

No way, @Bullet Force and TPG would certainly want to do Empires. Hes been hating on the slightly harder to offline raid people settings since they were announced. He'd have to be an incredible hypocrite to go play Colonies settings. 

Hell TPG is #1 most of the time. I dont see why they would be afraid to try Empire mode. Hell the whole SC alliance can go carebear it up in hardcore mode like they were doing before and thats what they wanted. 

Edited by Chucksteak

On 3/21/2019 at 6:09 PM, SIEGEGUN said:

Your so delusional. Roughly 10% of the population agrees with you. Your PvO lifestyle is done. Offlining and lack of build places is what drove people away. This is not and was not an "excuse" it's what IS, you can see it in the polls, the one on reddit is 543 people only 12% want your awesome "hardcore PvO" mode.

How many people have even seen this Reddit poll? I doubt even 5% of the game's playerbase have even seen it let alone voted on it. The data subset is too small to draw any valid conclusions.

On 3/21/2019 at 6:09 PM, SIEGEGUN said:

No one is going to do as you suggest. You are a proven liar, a proven coward, and a proven backstabber.

Go back to Ark. You belong there. I mean your quitting and so are your thousands of supporters and your company right?

No I am a player that is prepared to take the strategic initiative in order to get ahead. Call it whatever you want but it works well. If you play PVP and you allow yourself to be burdened by ethnics and morals then you are doing it wrong and will be at a distinct disadvantage versus more astute players. 

20 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Well enjoy the lesser experience, I am sure you will still have fun some kind of fun. Personally though I think its great the devs are not trying to force anyone to play a mode they dislike mode by giving us two types of servers.

1 hour ago, Bullet Force said:

How many people have even seen this Reddit poll? I doubt even 5% of the game's playerbase have even seen it let alone voted on it. The data subset is too small to draw any valid conclusions.

No I am a player that is prepared to take the strategic initiative in order to get ahead. Call it whatever you want but it works well. If you play PVP and you allow yourself to be burdened by ethnics and morals then you are doing it wrong and will be at a distinct disadvantage versus more astute players. 

Well enjoy the lesser experience, I am sure you will still have fun some kind of fun. Personally though I think its great the devs are not trying to force anyone to play a mode they dislike mode by giving us two types of servers.

561 people have seen it. No I am sure most of the games pop has not seen it. Most games pops do not do forums. However this more than enough of a sample size to determine no one is playing your game mode,the data subset is more than enough statistically. When they do national polls you realize they don't poll everyone right? It is also roughly the same ratio as the tiny poll done on here. As I said you are delusional. You are the classic case of self bias. You will not accept facts and instead continue to parrot falsehoods simply because you want it to be that way. 

People like you are the ones using aimbots. You think your so hard core in a video game, but in fact you are the coward. I play PvP in every game I can, and I am successful in them, yet I never have to lie, offline, or backstab to be successful. I also never have to join some mega zerg for safety. You see you can win with honor and integrity. But you wouldn't know anything about that. It is your viewpoint that makes games toxic. It is your viewpoint that makes you toxic. 

No you will be enjoying the "lesser experience", as your company is playing COLONIES, and not empires. Unless you are leaving your company, to go play that awesome PvO experience with the other 3 people in empires. I personally do not care if they have an empires server, in fact I like it as it give players options, but I do not think it will be successful. The numbers and the forum posts verify this. Go to reddit, there is nothing but post after post saying to remove empires. 

I will see you in colonies Mr. Hardcore.

The problem is both server have many flaws. I also like the fact that most people think by playing colonies that there will be no offline raiding which will still happen. There are a bunch of small companies from say 2-15 people where they will not be able to stay online for the 9 hour window every day. Doesn't matter what server you play on this game caters to only large companies. But I believe most people are going to colonies because they hated the claim spam and they want some form of ORP. The Empire server will eventually disappear. 

8 minutes ago, labatts said:

The problem is both server have many flaws. I also like the fact that most people think by playing colonies that there will be no offline raiding which will still happen. There are a bunch of small companies from say 2-15 people where they will not be able to stay online for the 9 hour window every day. Doesn't matter what server you play on this game caters to only large companies. But I believe most people are going to colonies because they hated the claim spam and they want some form of ORP. The Empire server will eventually disappear. 

No one is under the illusion there will be no raiding except people like Bullet. Of course there will be raiding. That is the point. My company is 14 people, we could easily have people up during the raid hours. Also hopefully settlers will be there and they will help defend. If not well, that's how it goes. Few at least here in these forums want some magic protection bubble all the time. They have all asked for one thing, the CHANCE to defend. And as I said in other posts, I have watched videos of small companies defending against zerg megas and doing fine until they all had to go to bed. It is the constant attack small companies have a hard time against. Most megas are made up of poor PvP players in my experience. Sure a portion of them are good, but most are not. With a window small companies have a chance. The devs said war tokens will not be spamable as well. So you will not have constant war tokens either, so even if a mega splits down into 5 companies each of their branch companies can not spam tokens one after the other. All this encourages actual PvP. So even if megas still have a numbers advantage this give small companies a chance at least. 

Totally agree with your last sentence.

On 3/18/2019 at 4:31 PM, Bullet Force said:

If they listened to their player base there wouldn't be this silly FOY system for example. There would also likely be more then 3 ships and 2 cannons and 3 guns. I know that is probably asking for a lot.

Ye, you are asking a lot in this phase of the game. They need to fix bugs and core mechanics of the game before they add new types of ships etc. They simply don't have a manpower to do everything.

Stop embarrasing yourself with your lack of knowledge man. You know nothing about game development and yet you speak like you do. 

Edited by Willard

On 3/19/2019 at 8:18 AM, Back Stabbath said:

Weaker from lack of people logging in?

This while they were out searching for and blowing up smaller companies shit. You know...pro pvp.

Anyways. I hope it works out. I do doubt all the megas will go to that server , I think it's going to be Uber dead right away, I always hope I'm wrong but I rarely am. 

The lure of that easy zerg win mentality will be too strong.

I'm  not a big fan of the new system I just think a change was needed to get some population back. If they can actually lure the ARK zergs to a different server , that would probably actually be the one biggest thing that might actually give this game a chance to get a decent EA population. Maybe they will be able to test some mmo systems without you all destroying the population in a month.

Then you heard wrong. Dynasty/allies and TPG/allies were fighting for quite some time before the wipe announcement. OWO was attacking the BDB alliance.

On 3/21/2019 at 10:20 AM, Chucksteak said:

No way, @Bullet Force and TPG would certainly want to do Empires. Hes been hating on the slightly harder to offline raid people settings since they were announced. He'd have to be an incredible hypocrite to go play Colonies settings. 

Hell TPG is #1 most of the time. I dont see why they would be afraid to try Empire mode. Hell the whole SC alliance can go carebear it up in hardcore mode like they were doing before and thats what they wanted. 

More that are not on that list commented they also will be doing the same.

• Like 1

Not to many liked the flag system they had in place, too many issues with it.

1 aimbotter could hold an island down, and place a flag. Then more spawn in to help him destroy and popcorn all your stuff.

Cant blame players for wanting a more structured system. They can go more casual with it, and not be offlined by a ton of people and go by the hours they put in to the game, not when they are in bed.

It's quite funny reading through this thread, people seem to be demanding the same thing overall.. the ability to gank others, but only so long as they can win.

On the one hand complaining that "megas" will rule them, whilst they want to "rule" the smaller groups.. the answer seems simple to me.. if you're getting whipped, join with another group and keep adding groups until you're also a mega, made up of smaller groups, then if a "mega" comes calling, you can team up and fight them. 

It's all well n great to puff out hotair about who will or won't stay.. but if mega's will exist, then you need a plan to beat them, becoming a mega seems the only viable plan.

As for offline protection, if people want that knowing it means they themselves cannot offline attack, that's a decision to be made.  But by asking for opro, people are saying they don't want to opro themselves. So anyone arguing against it are people who would and presumbably have no issue with mega's turning up and thrashing them.  All part n parcel of the game.  Sometimes your team has more and better sometimes their's do..

The issue with the idea that mega's can be stopped from existing is laughable at best.  The only thing that can be limited is the number of people in a given zone.  If you're trying to bring in 100 people to invade an island that already has 250 people living on it.. only 50 will get in.  And if those 250 islanders suddenly decide to team up.. hard luck.  That's what alliances are for.

Also I expect you'll all eventually see offline protection roughly 15mins after you log out.  They added this into Ark, even for pve, to stop people training dinos on offline player bases.  And it does work.  Tames and structure are completely immune to damage.

The problem with offline protection is larger groups are nearly always online in some regard.. so mega's will need to employ people from all over the world to stay on top or else put up with a degree of loss.

I think what we do need, are some GM's on the networks, looking for cheaters.  They could be contacted offline via a ticket system with x,y locs and or zone loc info, names etc. And the gms could spy on them invis, to see if they are indeed aimbotting etc and then ban them manually.  It isn't like they couldn't afford to pay a few people to do this.

Edited by Martyn

15 minutes ago, Martyn said:

It's quite funny reading through this thread, people seem to be demanding the same thing overall.. the ability to gank others, but only so long as they can win.

On the one hand complaining that "megas" will rule them, whilst they want to "rule" the smaller groups.. the answer seems simple to me.. if you're getting whipped, join with another group and keep adding groups until you're also a mega, made up of smaller groups, then if a "mega" comes calling, you can team up and fight them. 

It's all well n great to puff out hotair about who will or won't stay.. but if mega's will exist, then you need a plan to beat them, becoming a mega seems the only viable plan.

As for offline protection, if people want that knowing it means they themselves cannot offline attack, that's a decision to be made.  But by asking for opro, people are saying they don't want to opro themselves. So anyone arguing against it are people who would and presumbably have no issue with mega's turning up and thrashing them.  All part n parcel of the game.  Sometimes your team has more and better sometimes their's do..

The issue with the idea that mega's can be stopped from existing is laughable at best.  The only thing that can be limited is the number of people in a given zone.  If you're trying to bring in 100 people to invade an island that already has 250 people living on it.. only 50 will get in.  And if those 250 islanders suddenly decide to team up.. hard luck.  That's what alliances are for.

Also I expect you'll all eventually see offline protection roughly 15mins after you log out.  They added this into Ark, even for pve, to stop people training dinos on offline player bases.  And it does work.  Tames and structure are completely immune to damage.

The problem with offline protection is larger groups are nearly always online in some regard.. so mega's will need to employ people from all over the world to stay on top or else put up with a degree of loss.

I think what we do need, are some GM's on the networks, looking for cheaters.  They could be contacted offline via a ticket system with x,y locs and or zone loc info, names etc. And the gms could spy on them invis, to see if they are indeed aimbotting etc and then ban them manually.  It isn't like they couldn't afford to pay a few people to do this.

IDK about PVE,  but there will be a rule/cap banning more than 50 crew members per 1 company on PVP Colonies. I would like to see that cap enforced much like any other bypasses are.

Yeh but what's stopping 2 companies turning up each with 50 people? Or 5.. if they all lived on the same island or nearby islands.? If there's a zone hard cap of roughly 300.. then only a single company could invade realistically.   The alternative would be for people incharge to arrange for a "meeting" in a neutral low pop zone, to duke it out.. and bring with them a prize ship full of loot for the winners to take home.

Atm we don't really know what the zone cap is and what happens if a ship with 50 people on it tries to enter a zone with only 25 capacity, do 25 not get in and end up swimming on the other side of the zone? 😉

Crew members I assume means players.  Not ai crewmen? A limit on those would be interesting to see.  As ships would need to be crewed by players only and sailed manually. 

Edited by Martyn

On 3/19/2019 at 7:18 AM, Back Stabbath said:

100% horse shit. 

I heard from this one guy that these guys were going to do this and oh yeah, those other guys are going to do....lmao stfu.

Can you just think before you type please? It's just ridiculous. You probably read the newspaper everyday and believe every word.

19 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Yeh but what's stopping 2 companies turning up each with 50 people? Or 5.. if they all lived on the same island or nearby islands.? If there's a zone hard cap of roughly 300.. then only a single company could invade realistically.   The alternative would be for people incharge to arrange for a "meeting" in a neutral low pop zone, to duke it out.. and bring with them a prize ship full of loot for the winners to take home.

Atm we don't really know what the zone cap is and what happens if a ship with 50 people on it tries to enter a zone with only 25 capacity, do 25 not get in and end up swimming on the other side of the zone? 😉

Crew members I assume means players.  Not ai crewmen? A limit on those would be interesting to see.  As ships would need to be crewed by players only and sailed manually. 

Again, it doesn't matter what the devs do at this point in time. What is it that you don't understand? Large companies are ALWAYS going to be a part of this game and will ALWAYS find ways around any issues regarding company/alliance limits or restrictions. Whether you like it or not, it's just a fact bro.

I think people are way too caught up on what other groups might/would/should/will do. How about figuring out what you and your buddies are going to do once servers are up? Go mess around on a private server and practice building defenses or ship building. 

21 minutes ago, SouthSideChicago said:

Again, it doesn't matter what the devs do at this point in time. What is it that you don't understand? Large companies are ALWAYS going to be a part of this game and will ALWAYS find ways around any issues regarding company/alliance limits or restrictions. Whether you like it or not, it's just a fact bro.

I think people are way too caught up on what other groups might/would/should/will do. How about figuring out what you and your buddies are going to do once servers are up? Go mess around on a private server and practice building defenses or ship building. 

There are no ways around the situation if there's a hard cap and it's already occupied, it doesn't matter how big a company gets.  Hardware limits are the gods here.